Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th (4770 Views)

Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel / Korea V Nigeria (1-2): FIFA U-20 Women's WC On August 9 / Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by Ptimes: 11:18am On May 04, 2012
The uncertainties around the planned visit of English Premier League giants, Arsenal FC to Nigeria looks finally rested as the Gunners on Friday posted an official statement on the club's website stating that they would be playing a pre-season game in Abuja on August 5, 2012.

"Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that the first-team squad will travel to Nigeria this summer for a pre-season match in Abuja on Sunday, August 5" the statement read in part.

In what will be the Gunners’ first match on Nigerian soil, Arsène Wenger’s side is billed to play at the 60,000 capacity Abuja National Stadium...Read more here: http://premiumtimesng.com/sports/4943-arsenal_confirm_nigeria_visit_to_play_in_abuja_august_5.html

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 04, 2012
hmmn Abuja undecided i hope they wear Bomb proof

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by agabaI23(m): 1:40pm On May 04, 2012
Bring it on.
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by heavylaro: 1:41pm On May 04, 2012
Beautifull football Display!!! Loving this.August 5th is da date.
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by executinal(m): 1:41pm On May 04, 2012
Wenger nice of you. Hope you pick some of our boys along. Hope Nigeria premier League will organize CUP tournament to make their coming fun and encourage other English clubs to look to our direction next season. cool cool
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by dare2think: 1:51pm On May 04, 2012
Hope our boko-haram antagonists will not embarass us!
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 04, 2012
dare2think: Hope our boko-haram antagonists will not embarass us!

Boko will end by June...Remember? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 04, 2012
Sure BK or BH might shack dem at that time. I hope they bring their category A team for the match. Would they be playing Super Eagles or the winner of Nigeria's Premier League? Will Arsene Wenger come or his assistance? I hope the pitch is in a good form as harmattan go don dey come. I hope Van Pasie arrives as well, make mosquito chop am like Ronney/ Romney.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by daviesmania(m): 1:57pm On May 04, 2012
I wld've prefered warry, Aba or Uyo if their facilities were of world class standard, becos dis were u get peeps coming out 2 watch football.
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by johnstar(m): 2:15pm On May 04, 2012
@ keny, u knw well o, grin....... Hope say sagna go cum, bcus dm go kidnapp am use am do boy boy
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by cindylee: 3:55pm On May 04, 2012
Abeg they shouldn't come jor before boko haram will go and do their worse and disgrace us because this country has turned to somalia sad
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by asscend: 4:17pm On May 04, 2012
Why all the negative comments, the club has chosen to play in Nigeria as they have acknoledged that Nigeria has a large proportion of their world fan base. Abuja is the capital and amenities are there. They feel safe there.

Support the team or keep quiet! Its an opportunity to see team live as so many cant travel to the Emirates to watch a match. Yes Abuja may not be the best place in terms of hardcore fans, however its probably the best deal they got.

Stop calling Boko Haram etc... The more you glorify them the more their works seem magnified. Every security arrangement will be put in place. You guys talk about international appeal, now an international team has said they are coming and yet some on this platform are in the fore front of saying don't come. I call u guys the real enemies of progress and not Boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by KayDee4: 4:23pm On May 04, 2012
shocked shocked No, No, No, you can not use my boys to test your readiness for a bomb crisis. Why send them into Boko territory ? For what? What happened to Lagos? undecided undecided Let me call Arsene. . . . . . . . . .
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by asscend: 4:26pm On May 04, 2012
cindylee: Abeg they shouldn't come jor before boko haram will go and do their worse and disgrace us because this country has turned to somalia sad

Be careful what you wish for. We are not somalia and will not be. Stop making such unguarded statements.
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by asscend: 4:28pm On May 04, 2012
Kay-Dee:
shocked shocked No, No, No, you can not use my boys to test your readiness for a bomb crisis. Why send them into Boko territory ? For what? What happened to Lagos? undecided undecided Let me call Arsene. . . . . . . . . .

Man U played there a few months ago. Why can't Arsenal do the same?
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by KayDee4: 4:50pm On May 04, 2012
asscend:

Man U played there a few months ago. Why can't Arsenal do the same?

Did you say "a few months ago" , i must have missed that one, but the last time i remember ManU playing in Nigeria, we didnt have incessant bomb blasts like we do now, the Boko menace was virtually non-existent then.
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by asscend: 4:57pm On May 04, 2012
Kay-Dee:

Did you say "a few months ago" , i must have missed that one, but the last time i remember ManU playing in Nigeria, we didnt have incessant bomb blasts like we do now, the Boko menace was virtually non-existent then.

You could say that but there was Rampant Kid napping from Naija Delta boys. What has changed?

Lets focus on the rights and leave the nagatives. Security will be high for the game. Everybody be vigilant and enjoy yourselves. No bomb at all.
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by KayDee4: 5:08pm On May 04, 2012
asscend:

You could say that but there was Rampant Kid napping from Naija Delta boys. What has changed?

Lets focus on the rights and leave the nagatives. Security will be high for the game. Everybody be vigilant and enjoy yourselves. No bomb at all.

Naija delta boys were doing their kidnapping in the southern creeks and the game was up north in ABJ, so there was no danger. i hope the organizers hav a good reason for picking ABJ over Lag and i hope nothing stewpid happens.
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by not2long(m): 5:20pm On May 04, 2012
mukinat2 hope you are seeing this, i really wish you come to Nigeria this summer to see your darling arsenal,and don't forget to bring yaya toure when coming, at least arsenal will win a trophy when they play a make shift Nigerian team.at least that will make your forthcoming season.
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by emyguz(m): 5:26pm On May 04, 2012
bandiejay: hmmn Abuja undecided i hope they wear Bomb proof

na so ooo! Make dem no vex if bomb explode.
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by Dextra(f): 5:32pm On May 04, 2012
PLease let's not be pessimistic about this,NO BOMBS! Gawd! I won't miss this match for anything! My Arsenal!!!!
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by sayisayi(m): 7:22pm On May 04, 2012
I hope our own young gun - Chuks Aneke - wil come and play!
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by pdpiperpippen: 7:37pm On May 04, 2012
This gunners are taking boko haram for a ride ba, ok now, make them just try get clearance from BH sha.
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by pbs4real(m): 7:59pm On May 04, 2012
I'm really gna be happy.....can't wait to welcome dem to 9ja....
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by clemmonce(m): 9:15pm On May 04, 2012
cindylee: Abeg they shouldn't come jor before boko haram will go and do their worse and disgrace us because this country has turned to somalia sad
exactly wat i was thinkin. and wat is their reason 4 comin
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by Jomiliny(m): 12:49am On May 05, 2012
I pray they come and go back in peace because of boko haram ctch dem hehehe them go finish them
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by drbond080: 1:40am On May 05, 2012
D̶̲̥̅̊ε¥ shud come but they shud ₪☹t go t☺ ny of dos God forgotten north or abuja Fø̲̣̣я̅ ƊαŦ mata let dem come t☺ ondo or lag ℓ sowi Fø̲̣̣я̅ dem well ℓ β chelsea arsenal fans na ♍♈ biggest headache If D̶̲̥̅̊ε¥ bomb dia squad
◦нê◦нë◦нê◦нë◦нê◦°◦ :p =)) ♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª♒ =)) :PD̶̲̥̅̊ε¥ shud come but they shud ₪☹t go t☺ ny of dos God forgotten north or abuja Fø̲̣̣я̅ ƊαŦ mata let dem come t☺ ondo or lag ℓ sowi Fø̲̣̣я̅ dem well ℓ β chelsea arsenal fans na ♍♈ biggest headache If D̶̲̥̅̊ε¥ bomb dia squad
◦нê◦нë◦нê◦нë◦нê◦°◦ :p =)) ♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª♒ =))
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by ekeroyal(m): 7:33am On May 05, 2012
clemmonce: exactly wat i was thinkin. and wat is their reason 4 comin
Maybe they want to honour Kanu & bring Chucks back home(he's been a run away like most of us would do) Keshi needs to see him. But most importantly, he's coming to learn from Enyimba -they'll teach him how to play rain ball, defeat physical teams and win the CAF Champions League UCL back to back.

Anyways, I hope to be there to cheer the lads on home soil even if they're playing against my immediate family.
Re: Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th by asiwajuone: 4:28pm On May 09, 2012
i for like dey there but Boko Haram no be play...the bombs are real...i no dey use jazz....na Only God i get and HE says he will help those that help demselves,so,i will help myself by spending my ticket money to pay for dstv...

(1) (Reply)

Sports Plus Education / Daily 1.30 odds to make #100,000 Project / 3 Lister Generators Spotted In Austria Stadium During Nigeria Vs Czech Rep Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.