Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th (7222 Views)

Reception For Victorious Eagles In Abuja (Photos) / Nosa Igiebor Injured After Attack On Eagles In Ethiopia. Eagles Set New Record. / Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by mukina2: 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2012
English Premier League side Arsenal will on August 5 play the Super Eagles of Nigeria in a pre-season match in Abuja.

It will be the first time Arsenal have played in the West African nation.

“We are delighted to announce that Arsenal Football Club will face the Super Eagles of Nigeria in Abuja,” said promoter David Omigie of DanJan Sports.

DanJan Sports say that agreement has been finalised with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to provide a strong Super Eagles side.

“The NFF have agreed that the country will present a strong side as Coach Stephen Keshi continues his development process,” Mr Omigie said.

“The Arsenal manager [Arsene Wenger] will also use this game to showcase his full squad for the 2012/2013 football season.”

The London club traditionally hosts an annual pre-season tournament at the Emirates Stadium, but they opted to postpone the event for a year because of the 2012 London Olympics.

The visit to Nigeria will conclude Arsenal’s pre-season after tours to both China and Malaysia in July.

On their official website, Arsenal said: “The club last visited Africa during a tour to South Africa in July 1993.”

“It is returning as a result of the fantastic support which exists for the team, not only in Nigeria, but across the entire continent.”

DanJan Sports revealed that tickets for the match will go on sale from 4 July.

Source
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by Nasri100(m): 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2012
Sigh Boko haram dont disgrace us on this plz.Tnx

6 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by xrazzy(m): 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2012
another veritable avenue for Boko haram to unleash terror!
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by obi123: 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
Nasri100: Sigh Boko haram dont disgrace us on this plz.Tnx

lolllllllllllllll
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by papagiddy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
the fear of islam sorry boko haram is the begining of wisdom.pls let them go to ghana!

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2012
pls bring the match to southern nigeria, calabar or benin is very peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by montero4relo(m): 3:29pm On Jun 27, 2012
I tell u guys dis is goin 2 b a fantastic game. they ll be no BH attack dat day cos some of d BH memebers n sponsors r Arsenal fans i guess. kiss[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by ebamma(m): 3:29pm On Jun 27, 2012
high time to show keshi that he got no team
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by Afam4eva(m): 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2012
Another opportunity has been offered to bokoharam to prove themselves. Arsenal should not even bother.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2012
It's a £5 million football match.
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by CuteTj(m): 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2012
Unfortunately, both of them have been useless lately and may end up giving some/us their fans heart attack.Though this match will end 20-0 in the favour of my Arsenal. Up Gunners!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by Afam4eva(m): 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2012
TheShopKeeper: It's a £5 million football match.
Bokoharam can unleash a $10 million dollar BOMB.
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2012
@ Mukina..

Abeg Unban my i.d Okija_juju... Its banned in some rooms for over 2 months now..

I'm tired of this one... He is too paranoid
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by treasuremi1(m): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2012
why does boko comes to our minds easily like this? Pls dont deviate from the topic. Bk Hm can go to blazes for all we care

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by ismhab(m): 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2012
Even Brazilian teams have canceled their friendly match with super chickens due to boko haram's activities.
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by ghetomum: 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2012
live in Abuja i we be there live and direct even thought boko haram use nuclear bomb

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2012
ismhab: Even Brazilian teams have canceled their friendly match with super chickens due to boko haram's activities.

Brazillians are bitc'hes.. I would have expected these underaged boys to bitch out rather than Brazil.. I guess Arsenal FC has grown some balls!
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by miteolu(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
1. Hope their players will not develop malarial fever as Man. United players did when they came to Nigeria.
2. Arsenal fan should not take this match as excuse if they fail to perform at the beginning of 2012/13 season.
3. They should bring the match to Lagos

Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by ghetomum: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2012
for those of u dat av not been to abuja national stadium the area is secure pls

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by ghetomum: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
miteolu: 1. Hope their players will not develop malarial fever as Man. United players did when they came to Nigeria.
2. Arsenal fan should not take this match as excuse if they fail to perform at the beginning of 2012/13 season.
3. They should bring the match to Lagos

wot do u meen even though Arsenal dont no how to play ball not chicking eagle
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by geefasee: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
nobody will go to the stadium if it will be played in abuja
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by HAH: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
Book haram said they will seize fire in ramadan and August 5th is ramadan, hope they will keep their promise.
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by novaman: 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2012
You guys are making these boko haram more popular than they should be, anyone who wish for boko haram to bomb another fellow human like himself will surely get the same treatment in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by treasuremi1(m): 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
who & who will be playin for nig? I doubt if Keshi can parade d eagles' full squad
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by inspirenet: 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2012
geefasee: nobody will go to the stadium if it will be played in abuja
smiley
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by 1025: 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2012
i wish i can have access to wenger just to tell him the truth face to face. am sure he wants to meet the ijebu ppl one on one. stingy wenger.
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2012
Is there no way they can move that match to Lagos? Abuja is still BH territory.
Re: Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th by HighChief4(m): 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2012
So arsenal fans, who are you gonna support: Your country or your club. Be a patriotic citizen and root for our darling Super Eagles lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How to Win Huge Cash On Bet9ja, Nairabet And Other Platform / Australian Open 2010 / Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.