Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Cultural-Political Attire From Different States - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Cultural-Political Attire From Different States (25953 Views)

Chinese Man Rocking Yoruba Traditional Attire (Photos) / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cultural-Political Attire From Different States by tpia5: 1:18am On Jun 25, 2012
andreh uweh

can you explain the white guy's igbo ancestry.

just curious.

i assume one of his forebears was igbo?

is it someone he knows, or he found it through dna.
Re: Cultural-Political Attire From Different States by Fulaman198(m): 2:24am On Jun 25, 2012
He looks completely white to me
Re: Cultural-Political Attire From Different States by member58: 3:02am On Jun 25, 2012
edo n'uzomo, edo na ya hio, edodion.

Re: Cultural-Political Attire From Different States by tpia5: 3:26am On Jun 25, 2012
Fulaman198: He looks completely white to me

he is white.

1 Like

Re: Cultural-Political Attire From Different States by PhysicsQED(m): 4:24am On Jun 25, 2012
tpia@:

he is white.

That's what I thought.

But if you look around the nose/mouth area, especially in this pic:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/699554_Proud_Igboman_jpg67068b5bd97212102dca7ce93fc5a17f

It makes me think maybe he might be like 1/4th or 1/8th of something else.
Re: Cultural-Political Attire From Different States by tpia5: 6:10am On Jun 25, 2012
^he's white, probably with some black blood [could also be vice versa]. The bone structure does seem to show some black admixture, though many dutch have broad faces like his.

he doesnt seem tan, so he probably isnt 1/4 black.

might be closer to 1/8 or less i suppose.

might be easier to ascertain if we can see a picture of him in western clothes.

this kind of thing is more common in brazil, i should think- wouldnt raise any eyebrows there and neither would he need to acknowledge any black ancestry.

here's a thread about the subject:

http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php?t=29261

1 Like

Re: Cultural-Political Attire From Different States by tpia5: 6:39am On Jun 25, 2012
seriously though, a lot of the white arabs, hispanics, etc we see walking around, have some black ancestry.

its mainly western europe that's very particular about such.

and i think these black/white descendants tend to gravitate towards voodoo priesthood, though i could be wrong.
Re: Cultural-Political Attire From Different States by AndreUweh(m): 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2012
Mazi Anayo might not have been born as Igbo but he is now Igbo to the core. What do you call a man who speaks fluent Igbo, his wife speaks Igbo, his children speak Igbo and bear Igbo names?.
His friends are Igbo, his diet is Igbo, sings Igbo songs and practices all aspects of Igbo culture and holds a key post in an Igbo organisation.

Re: Cultural-Political Attire From Different States by Fulaman198(m): 9:22pm On Jun 25, 2012
Andre Uweh: Mazi Anayo might not have been born as Igbo but he is now Igbo to the core. What do you call a man who speaks fluent Igbo, his wife speaks Igbo, his children speak Igbo and bear Igbo names?.
His friends are Igbo, his diet is Igbo, sings Igbo songs and practices all aspects of Igbo culture and holds a key post in an Igbo organisation.

I call that an interesting fellow
Re: Cultural-Political Attire From Different States by tpia5: 11:38pm On Jun 25, 2012
Andre Uweh: Mazi Anayo might not have been born as Igbo but he is now Igbo to the core. What do you call a man who speaks fluent Igbo, his wife speaks Igbo, his children speak Igbo and bear Igbo names?.

so, he's a white man who adopted igbo culture.

nothing unusual about that.

is his wife white also?

1 Like

Re: Cultural-Political Attire From Different States by AndreUweh(m): 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2012
tpia@:

so, he's a white man who adopted igbo culture.

nothing unusual about that.

is his wife white also?
Wife is Igbo but his Igboness predates Igbo bride. Wife never thought him Igbo language nor the Igbo culture he adores.
Re: Cultural-Political Attire From Different States by AndreUweh(m): 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2012
Igbo

Re: Cultural-Political Attire From Different States by AndreUweh(m): 7:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
Igbo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Traditional Nigerian Wedding. / Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die / Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.