Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Scammers Beware! - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Scammers Beware! (1003 Views)

*Ghost On Nairaland* Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scammers Beware! by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 13, 2007
Sorry, but i had to post this here, didn't know where to embarassed

But anyways. . .I just want to let anyone here know if they received this letter below, that it is BS. . you should and need to Spam it. i am kind of highly disappointed that i got this email in my inbox, just this morn, I just hope non of Nairalanders sent this. I mean, what do they take me for, the Bank of America? angry
whoever is sending this kind of trash should be ashamed of themselves, Mr. Ruben Whatchamacallit, stop this c rap scamming business, not only that its wrong, but just know you'll get caught because no one will believe this sh^t angry angry

Refugee Camp, Johannesburg,
Republic of South Africa
Email: (rubb_masugolo@yahoo.it)
Dear Sir/Madam,
REQUEST FOR MUTUAL ASSISTANCE
………………………………………………………………………………………………
My name is Mr. Ruben Masugolo the elder son of late Mr. Nziba Masugolo, Tsvangirai a great farmer in Zimbabwe; it might be a surprise for you to receive letter and most especially where I got your contact address. I got your contact information from the global trade agent under the South African chamber of commerce and industries. During the current crisis against the farmers in Zimbabwe by the supporters of President Robert Mugabe to claim all white owned farms in the country, he ordered all white farmers to surrender their farms to his party members and his supporters.
My farther was one of the black farmers that worked along side with the white farmers and opposed the president action towards the white farmers. Being well known for his relationship with the white farmers, the president supporters invaded my father's farm and destroyed everything. My father was at the same time killed on the process of fighting back the invaders and the president gave order to confiscate all our properties including the farmland. After this incident, my mother and I with my younger brother decided to move out of Zimbabwe for the safety of our lives.
When we arrive to South Africa, my mother was contacted by a family friend who now stays in South Africa because of the civil unrest in my country Zimbabwe. My mother was then informed of a certain amount of money instructed as a deposit of precious stones and personal effects with a private security and finance company amounting to US$7,300,000.00 (Seven Million Three Hundred Thousand United States Dollars). My mother and I have decided to transfer this sum in question to a reliable person/company overseas for investment, as we do not have intention of going back to my country Zimbabwe any more.
Due to our present status in South Africa and the nature by which we entered into south-Africa, we do not reserve the right to operate or maintain a foreign currency dominated account as refugees, which is why in the first place your assistance is solicited. As soon as you receive this urgent message, please get back to me on either of the above numbers/e-mail address for us to discuss in details the process of moving this fund out of South Africa.
I confirm that this transaction is 100% risk-free neither to you or us.
Yours truly,
Mr. Ruben Masugolo
(For the family)
Re: Scammers Beware! by finekid(m): 2:04am On Nov 13, 2007
Same old tricks. . . ain't got nothin better to do. . . so shameful. . . sad angry embarassed
Re: Scammers Beware! by iice(f): 4:04am On Nov 13, 2007
Indeed. . .same thing but different names/location/gender etc etc.
Re: Scammers Beware! by 9ja4eva: 6:20am On Nov 13, 2007
Change tactics

People don tire for this one
Re: Scammers Beware! by havanah: 9:16am On Nov 13, 2007
these people dont give up angry angry

2 days ago i got an add request on my YIM , i checked the name out cause i dont have my YIM here , i found the name in a site called Scamorama

this is the link

http://www.scamorama.com/ladnames.shtml
Re: Scammers Beware! by nawa1(m): 9:44am On Nov 13, 2007
so what angry is this the first time you are receiving such mails

the sender may not even know you. they have softwares that extracts thousands of e-mail addy from the net and automatically distribute mails like the above to every one of them.

so whats your stress? all you have to do, is strengthen your spam filter or ignore this mails when you receive them.
Re: Scammers Beware! by havanah: 10:21am On Nov 13, 2007
easy on the kid na wa she was just sharing information smiley smiley

anyway seun actually did start a thread about this thing asking people to post the emails they got from scammers in there so others could know and take care

i'll have to go dig the link out cause i'm not sure where it is undecided undecided
Re: Scammers Beware! by moondust(m): 11:13am On Nov 13, 2007
na today?
Re: Scammers Beware! by nawa1(m): 11:21am On Nov 13, 2007
moondust/crank, you too much with your graphics o

wetin you de use design all this graphics them sef?
Re: Scammers Beware! by moondust(m): 11:30am On Nov 13, 2007
na the usual thing :photoshop
Re: Scammers Beware! by nawa1(m): 11:34am On Nov 13, 2007
and na you be CRANK for . . . (u knw where) abi?
Re: Scammers Beware! by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 13, 2007
na wa:

so what angry is this the first time you are receiving such mails

the sender may not even know you. they have softwares that extracts thousands of e-mail addy from the net and automatically distribute mails like the above to every one of them.

so whats your stress? all you have to do, is strengthen your spam filter or ignore this mails when you receive them.

excuse me, but you mean am suppose to recieve ten of this or what? undecided
Re: Scammers Beware! by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 13, 2007
moondust:

na today?

if you were using naija time, it would have been yesterday morning. . .
Re: Scammers Beware! by mukina2: 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2007
Toyin sorry for going offtopic

where is Nella?
Re: Scammers Beware! by moondust(m): 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2007
toyinrayo:

if you were using naija time, it would have been yesterday morning. . .
lmao. . .I wasn't askin when, I was only using a Nigerian expression "na today?" meanin that its not a new thing

na wa:

and na you be CRANK for . . . (u knw where) abi?
grin my hair don sell me out shey?
Re: Scammers Beware! by nawa1(m): 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2007
@crank

exactly grin grin grin

@toyinrayo
toyinrayo:

excuse me, but you mean am suppose to recieve ten of this or what? undecided

i mean crying out laud will not help.
Re: Scammers Beware! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2007
na wa:

@toyinrayo
i mean crying out laud will not help.
true true. . .but who said i was crying out loud? undecided

moondust:

lmao. . .I wasn't askin when, I was only using a Nigerian expression "na today?" meanin that its not a new thing

grin my hair don sell me out shey?

lol. . . .ok, i guess i still need to learn a lil more pidgin. . .but hey, am trying tongue

(1) (Reply)

If You Were To Change 3 Things On Nairaland What Will It Be?? / Can You Spot These Animals? / Dash Diet For People Suffering From Blood Pressure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.