Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage (24586 Views)

Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records / Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes / D'banj Congratulates Don Jazzy On Launch Of Mavin Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Ejine(m): 4:44pm On May 07, 2012
amosy007:

mumu na u wan make him regret?
What a foolish comment... For ur info... If dbanj stop singing today he already made enough money to sustain him thru out his life time... Get that straight into ur knuckle head mor0n

My God, this easily ranks as the most naive statement I've seen on Nairaland! shocked
Let me educate you if you don't know, Bankruptcy is an easily obtainable status, and it can happen to the most careless, spendthrift, "I have arrived" kinda people, and that is exactly what D'Banj is.

MC Hammer went Bankrupt
The great Marvin Gaye went Bankrupt
Meat Loaf went Bankrupt
TLC went Bankrupt

And you know what? These people have made over 100 TIMES the amount this local champion D'Banj is here flexing with his Aston Martin crap. Some even died after they fell into the dreaded hole of poverty!
Here's a link to open your eyes to the shocking reality:

http://www.biblemoneymatters.com/famous-musician-bankruptcies-from-millions-to-broke/

And you know one interesting trend? Producers never suffer the same bankruptcy fate as their artistes! And you know why? Because they're not the ones under the prying eyes of the public!
A producer takes a laid back role, makes his money and lives comfortably.
He has no-one spying on him and rating his dressing
He has no-one to apologize to if he suddenly decides to start growing a dirty 'Fada Abraham' beard.
He's not the one on stage working his arse off to the crowd.
He's not the one taking cocaine and heroin to help him perform more 'energetically' on his tours.
It will not matter if he has an accident that costs him both legs (God forbid sha) - so long as he's still got his hands to man the BeatCreator engine, he's still got his job -- But you know you CANNOT say the same about the artiste.

Trust me - D'Banj is the MOST vulnerable of the two. The sooner you come to terms with this cold fact, the better you'll be able to handle the future reality smiley

All the same, I wish both gentlemen the best.

8 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 07, 2012
Yawns!!

Wande Coal is the only talented artist in the group, the rest su/cks.

And tell Tiwa Savage to fix her damn teeth! grin

DBanj stays winning - his Jesus piece will buy Mavin Records. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Pelumiv(m): 5:22pm On May 07, 2012
Ejiné:

My God, this easily ranks as the most naive statement I've seen on Nairaland! shocked
Let me educate you if you don't know, Bankruptcy is an easily obtainable status, and it can happen to the most careless, spendthrift, "I have arrived" kinda people, and that is exactly what D'Banj is.

MC Hammer went Bankrupt
Meat Loaf went Bankrupt
TLC went Bankrupt

And you know what? These people have made over 100 TIMES the amount this local champion D'Banj is here flexing with his Aston Martin crap. Some even died after they fell into the dreaded hole of poverty!

http://www.biblemoneymatters.com/famous-musician-bankruptcies-from-millions-to-broke/

And you know one interesting trend? Producers never suffer the same bankruptcy fate as their artistes! And you know why? Because they're not the ones under the prying eyes of the public!
He has no-one to apologize to if he suddenly decides to start growing a dirty 'Fada Abraham' beard.
He's not the one taking cocaine and heroin to help him perform more 'energetically' on his tours.
It will not matter if he has an accident that costs him both legs (God forbid sha) - so long as he's still got his hands to man the BeatCreator engine, he's still got his job -- But you know you CANNOT say the same about the artiste.

Trust me - D'Banj is the MOST vulnerable of the two. The sooner you come to terms with this cold fact, the better you'll be able to handle the future reality smiley

oro
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by amosy007: 5:25pm On May 07, 2012
Ekwy + Nwa:

who is this goat pipo?
who is this rat? tongue
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Gularma(m): 5:25pm On May 07, 2012
Omo igbo to shape.
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by amosy007: 5:30pm On May 07, 2012
Ejiné:

MC Hammer went Bankrupt
Meat Loaf went Bankrupt
TLC went Bankrupt

yawnz... Cnt finish all the rants u posted up there but i can certainly tell u that all the people u mentioned cannot be poor again take it or leave it tongue

who Jah bless no bloody man can curse

besides how many producers made it so big without goin on stage? Just gimme one
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by madcity: 5:30pm On May 07, 2012
REVELATION!!! THE LIE BEHIND THE MO’HITS SAGA.
Evil apart,money is also the root of all(sorry,most) ingenuous deeds,pun intended.I see how creative people get when it comes to money,and I wonder why we have more of the poor than the affluent.
You see,the truth is that,contrary to the ‘MO’HITS-saga-centric” frenzy which the media and fans the world over have been into,there is no---has never been ---any major quarrel in the MO’HITS clan.DON JAZZY,D’BANJ,the entire MO’HITS family,(and,who knows,GOOD MUSIC) SET THIS UP THE WHOLE TIME TO BOOST SALES.
Get a cup of hydrogen peroxide and some rolls of cotton wool(not toilet paper), flush your eardrums and,if you like,your eyeballs,then see /hear [url]HOW YOU WERE FOOLED[/url]. more @ www.madmagics..com
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by amosy007: 5:31pm On May 07, 2012
shymmex: Yawns!!

Wande Coal is the only talented artist in the group, the rest su/cks.

And tell Tiwa Savage to fix her damn teeth! grin

DBanj stays winning - his Jesus piece will buy Mavin Records. grin grin

gbammm grin grin cheesy
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by forkadict(m): 5:53pm On May 07, 2012
Eeeeya. I pity Kayswitch. He's the only casualty of this whole dbanj/Don jazzy saga.

Ibo lo ma gboriwo nisiyin?
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by IykeD(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2012
Congrats don Baba J. More actions less talk! Others are busy chanting around like Eyo masquerades.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by mailkeem(m): 6:13pm On May 07, 2012
Hey guys!

No need to beef anyone. Several partnerships have been dissolved even in the corporate world. Once people involved start having different visions, they will always have split. I think Don-Jazzy is incredible and I also feel D-Banj is great...

Any man that gives up on his dreams is dead!!!

Goodluck guys!!!

3 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by niddamugu(m): 6:18pm On May 07, 2012
Ejiné:

MC Hammer went Bankrupt
Meat Loaf went Bankrupt
TLC went Bankrupt

A word is enough for the wise lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. My Bro, you simply opened my brain wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by gbadexy(m): 6:19pm On May 07, 2012
I dont think these two young men a wrong or should be blamed.apparently jazzy felt comfortable doing his thing in a familiar setting and doesnt mind the continuation of the predictable african setting.i dont blame him,he is playing safe.
d banj on the other hand is adventurous and takes risk so he doesnt see any biggie in trying to advance his career globally.yossou ndour,angelique kojo have all done it.much luck to him.
i dont see why fans are divided and annoyed about their business strategy.its strictly business from their perspective.anything else is bull.sh*t

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by alaoeri: 6:21pm On May 07, 2012
Ʊ are ppl are hear abusing each other while D'banj and don j are tweeting each other. Make Ʊ na dey hear o0 while they are busing making money.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Ejine(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2012
amosy007:

yawnz... Cnt finish all the rants u posted up there but i can certainly tell u that all the people u mentioned cannot be poor again take it or leave it tongue

My man, wetin come be "rants" again? Or is that how you debate? Cuz if it is, then that's pretty laughable, and would prompt me to ask if you've actually made it past puberty yet. But just for the sake of this argument, I shall desist from further dissecting that remark.

As for your statement on those people I listed never being poor again! O boy, did you even bother READING from that link I posted? Atleast, try doing some research before just typing and hitting that "Post Reply" button. That's the essence of objectivity, which I can clearly see you don't have.

Marvin Gaye was living in a VAN before his father killed him. Clearly, he died a PAUPER.

After T-Boz' death, TLC never got to release their album, and for that reason, had to slave around before making up and paying off their debts! They live as MIDDLE-CLASSERS today.

MC Hammer himself is a middle-class man now. He ain't enjoying no 'stash' as you'd think.

And as for your question on producers making a lot of money without hitting the stage? Why don't we start with SwizzBeatz? Cuz as far as I know, what Don Jazzy's doing today isn't different from he's doing.

Why don't we also ask Seal's producer? Abi im no be producer again?

Michael Jackson's former producer nko?

There are thousands of them you can look up by googling, but these are the first that come to mind.

You see? These are men making their greenz while still living cool.

Like I said earlier, I wish them the best. But don't for one second think it will be an ever-smooth ride for the Kokomaster from now on. Cuz trust me, you'll be in for a biiig surprise. smiley
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Ejine(m): 6:29pm On May 07, 2012
niddamugu:

A word is enough for the wise lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. My Bro, you simply opened my brain wink wink wink

Thanks bros! ShowBiz no be beans. Most people think you just walk in, perform, retire and enjoy your loot in the end, but it is not the case. It is never the case.

Even to common football - Who would believe today that Celestine Babayaro would be feeding from hand to mouth?
But that's what he's goint through right now.

Life really is a depressing mystery.
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 07, 2012
odiaero: That is it what i like about Don Jazzy, the guy no dey look face, i give Dbanj a Year, then he will realise what he has done to himself, the same arrogant and stupidity made Dbanj lose Glo deal to PSquare, always wanting to be faster than his shadow
odiaero: That is it what i like about Don Jazzy, the guy no dey look face, i give Dbanj a Year, then he will realise what he has done to himself, the same arrogant and stupidity made Dbanj lose Glo deal to PSquare, always wanting to be faster than his shadow
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by aykabba(m): 6:34pm On May 07, 2012
Good to see dbanj congrat donjazzzy on his new record on fb
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Paentera(m): 6:41pm On May 07, 2012
Truth be told about having a D'Banj type swagga personality - he made others aspire higher in their calling - Entertainment. Yes, Don Papa J is a talented producer, but right now in Naija, those getting hyped are the most swaggalicious artistes and we know them all - D'Banj, Wizkid, Davido, Flavour, Olamide, General Pype, Vector, Mr Olu (Maintain) e.t.c. They keep raising the bar and that was what D'Banj brought to Mo'Hits and Naija entertainment scene as a whole. I do hope MAVIN can recreate this and really take things to a bigger level.
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Chanchit: 6:41pm On May 07, 2012
purefella: 9ice1 but go and kneel down and beg dbanj!!!!! HE IS THE KOKO MASTER ALL THIS BASKET HEAD WEY I DEY SEE SO DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE BIZ., you know you guys are mate he is even older to you , he's just being loyal to you and you called him son publicly because you got access to loan doesn't mean you talk to him anyhow OK!!!!! ,beg him boy

TO THOSE THAT QUOTED MY POST AND SAYING WHAT THEY DO NOT KNOW

You guys should keep shut!!!! I am a musician A hip-hop rap artist , what you don't know is they both made each other , through dbanj , donjazzy record label became famous and earned a lot of cash and do you think music is all about good music? it has a lot to do with who sang the song that will make the music to sell ., the type of person that sang the song matters a lot not just a body singing ., example when 2face left kennis music, who has ever brought any good to kennis music again? they even signed one tiny boy trying to sing like 2face same failure!!!! when 2 face split with his crew , blackface start failing and faze fame dropped ., some people are extraordinary take it or leave it!!! extraordinary people know they are like that and most times they can be very rude but you just have to bare with them to gain from them!!!!! .,give my man dbanj just 2 years and una go hear scores between them
If u come be rap artist nko? We too no dey listen to music? We no dey watch news? So becos u no be d'banj and 2face, e mean say u no fit blow, it means u'r just a body rapping fufu... Smh
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by free2ryhme: 6:50pm On May 07, 2012
Don jazy is indeed a don
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by amosy007: 7:04pm On May 07, 2012
Ejiné:

My man, wetin come be "rants" again? Or is that how you debate? Cuz if it is, then that's pretty laughable, and would prompt me to ask if you've actually made it past puberty yet. But just for the sake of this argument, I shall desist from further dissecting that remark.

As for your statement on those people I listed never being poor again! O boy, did you even bother READING from that link I posted? Atleast, try doing some research before just typing and hitting that "Post Reply" button. That's the essence of objectivity, which I can clearly see you don't have.

Marvin Gaye was living in a VAN before his father killed him. Clearly, he died a PAUPER.

After T-Boz' death, TLC never got to release their album, and for that reason, had to slave around before making up and paying off their debts! They live as MIDDLE-CLASSERS today.

MC Hammer himself is a middle-class man now. He ain't enjoying no 'stash' as you'd think.

And as for your question on producers making a lot of money without hitting the stage? Why don't we start with SwizzBeatz? Cuz as far as I know, what Don Jazzy's doing today isn't different from he's doing.

Why don't we also ask Seal's producer? Abi im no be producer again?

Michael Jackson's former producer nko?

There are thousands of them you can look up by googling, but these are the first that come to mind.

You see? These are men making their greenz while still living cool.

Like I said earlier, I wish them the best. But don't for one second think it will be an ever-smooth ride for the Kokomaster from now on. Cuz trust me, you'll be in for a biiig surprise. smiley
u still havent answered my question... Is middle class man a poor man?

2... How many producers made it so big without going on stage? Am tryin to use the likes of dr dre, timbaland, john legend, jay z and so as an example,.... Who knows michael jacksons producer? I personal dnt knw him. And who the heck is seal producer?
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by omar22(m): 7:11pm On May 07, 2012
MC Hammer went Bankrupt
Meat Loaf went Bankrupt
TLC went Bankrupt

MC Hammer went Bankrupt - MC Hammer was paid up front by the record company
The great Marvin Gaye went Bankrupt - Was a drug addict
Meat Loaf went Bankrupt - Alcoholic
TLC went Bankrupt - They were screwed by their producer "Pebbles"

Dbanj was a singer who was in control of his deal meaning he earns a lion share of his record sales! he makes ,money so many investments and sponsorships! I cant believe what people are saying here it seems like they WISH someone's down fall!!! too bad he doesnt live in America to live their lifestyle the main fact that he could easily produce himself and he owns the right to all his music!
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Otses(f): 7:15pm On May 07, 2012
All the best to him
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Tropilo(m): 7:36pm On May 07, 2012
amosy007:

Michael Narada Walden, Quincy Jones, Terry Lewis, LA Reids.
Need more names?

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Tropilo(m): 8:00pm On May 07, 2012
gbadexy: I dont think these two young men a wrong or should be blamed.apparently jazzy felt comfortable doing his thing in a familiar setting and doesnt mind the continuation of the predictable african setting.i dont blame him,he is playing safe.
d banj on the other hand is adventurous and takes risk so he doesnt see any biggie in trying to advance his career globally.yossou ndour,angelique kojo have all done it.much luck to him.
i dont see why fans are divided and annoyed about their business strategy.its strictly business from their perspective.anything else is bull.sh*t

Very correct!
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Tropilo(m): 8:00pm On May 07, 2012
gbadexy: I dont think these two young men a wrong or should be blamed.apparently jazzy felt comfortable doing his thing in a familiar setting and doesnt mind the continuation of the predictable african setting.i dont blame him,he is playing safe.
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by sureboykris(m): 8:05pm On May 07, 2012
Abdul Adam56: Congrat jazzy,pls sign durella,2 replace dbanj
. Correct suggestion
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by jimmykeed(m): 8:24pm On May 07, 2012
Wish MarvinRecords all d success of d world....SP legggoooo...!!!!8-)
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Ejine(m): 8:41pm On May 07, 2012
Double...
Re: Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage by Ejine(m): 8:41pm On May 07, 2012
amosy007:
u still havent answered my question... Is middle class man a poor man?

"Is middle class a poor man?" is nowhere in your last post to me, and is thus not a question that you claimed I did not answer.

But to answer it anyway - Middle class does not equal poverty, but at the same time, does not equate to the "endless wealth" you initially claimed D'Banj would still enjoy if he stopped singing.
A middleclass man is a moderate-earner who still has to WORK to sustain his lifestyle. See the difference?

2... How many producers made it so big without going on stage? Am tryin to use the likes of dr dre, timbaland, john legend, jay z and so as an example,.... Who knows michael jacksons producer? I personal dnt knw him. And who the heck is seal producer?

Choi! You don't know Quincy Jones? You don't know LA Reids? If you don't know these people, my broda, then you don't really know much about music.
So I'll also take it that, save for arts and history you were probably taught in school, you wouldn't have known about Beethoven and his history-shaping 9th Symphony either grin
Please Google up on those two producers I presented you. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! / The Richest Nigerian Rapper / D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.