Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Ferguson's Best Ever Squad. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ferguson's Best Ever Squad. (846 Views)

Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles / Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry / Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ferguson's Best Ever Squad. by Cougar: 11:24am On Nov 13, 2007
manchester united manager sir alex ferguson believes his current crop of players are the finest he has coached in his 21 years at old trafford.
how true is this? the 1996 team and the 1999 team comes to mind because of their achievements.
where do we place cantona, yorke, cole?
is this the best man utd squad ever?
Re: Ferguson's Best Ever Squad. by Jackal(m): 11:37am On Nov 13, 2007
@ Cougar,

SAF said this is the best SQUAD he has ever had because of the options he now has at his disposal.
He didn't say this is the best TEAM as that is yet to be proven.
With everyone fit the back-up Man Utd have is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot remember Man Utd ever having as much quality in reserve, so yes i would have to agree with SAF.

Fergie did say strongest squad not best team!!!
He's completely right if we're talking about the squad- this is the strongest without a doubt!
I can't believe we have been without Scholesy in the last few weeks & still played fantastic. . . .
How many times in the past have we been able to do that without the quality of a player like Scholes? Not often!!!!!!!
The squad will even be stronger in January when JS Park, Ben Foster and Gary Neville return back to the squad.
Re: Ferguson's Best Ever Squad. by justkunmi(m): 11:46am On Nov 13, 2007
This crop of players is mos def the strongest United squad. Strong in the sense that every position has at least 2 players. . So injury doesn't affect too much.
Like Jackal said, Scholes has been absent for 3 to 4 games now but we still play quality football. Anderson, Carrick and Fletcher are ever available. Gary Neville has been out since last year. Wes Brown has stepped in. So can be siaid for every position, save for left back I guess. . . Which used to have Evra and Heinze.
Re: Ferguson's Best Ever Squad. by Jackal(m): 12:00pm On Nov 13, 2007
@ J-K,

Such is the quality of the present squad that i have completely forgotten about Paul Scholes and JS Park.
The strength of a squad is measured by the quality of the bench . . . .
It leaves the most passive fan in awe when u see the likes of Saha, Carrick, Anderson, Neville and Fletcher on the bench!!!!!!!!
I just hope they gel quickly and win titles like the 1999 squad . . . . .
Re: Ferguson's Best Ever Squad. by eteteuduak(m): 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2007
We will bring you guys to the slaughter this season wether it is your strongest squad or not.

GUNNERS FOR INFINITY

Re: Ferguson's Best Ever Squad. by justkunmi(m): 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2007
. . . and what have you said?

(1) (Reply)

Letter To The Moderator (FBS) / 7 Life Lessons From Fifa World Cup South Africa 2010 / You're Unfair To Us • Madagascar Slams Nff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.