Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,302 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Javame SDK, Netbeans IDE, SVG Tiny Problems - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Javame SDK, Netbeans IDE, SVG Tiny Problems (1697 Views)

Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? / Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Javame SDK, Netbeans IDE, SVG Tiny Problems by Tomingo(m): 2:38pm On May 07, 2012
Hi guys,
I have been working with adobe illustrator and Inkscape(open source) to produce scalable vector graphics (SVG tiny 1.2, JSR 226) for J2ME 3.05 mobile apps interface with netbeans IDE integration. The problem here is i get XML errors ('saying file is not compatible) anytime I try to open the SVG.xml file in the Src Package through the visual mobile Designer. Is there any unique way of embedding or importing this XML files to my source code without error?
Re: Javame SDK, Netbeans IDE, SVG Tiny Problems by X2X(m): 9:18pm On May 11, 2012
Tomingo: Hi guys,
I have been working with adobe illustrator and Inkscape(open source) to produce scalable vector graphics (SVG tiny 1.2, JSR 226) for J2ME 3.05 mobile apps interface with netbeans IDE integration. The problem here is i get XML errors ('saying file is not compatible) anytime I try to open the SVG.xml file in the Src Package through the visual mobile Designer. Is there any unique way of embedding or importing this XML files to my source code without error?

JSR 226 supports SVG Tiny 1.1, not 1.2. If you need SVG Tiny 1.2 support, you will be limited to devices with JSR 226287.

In my experience with SVG on J2ME devices, Inkscape creates a bloated SVG file that does not conform with either SVG Tiny 1.1 (JSR 226) or SVG Tiny 1.2 (JSR 287). Adobe Illustrator apparently can create SVG 1.1 compliant svg documents (you have to select a specific option when you save, IIRC) but the documents still dont play well with the Netbeans visual designer.

I have always created all my SVG documents with a text editor - I tend to work off "well formed" SVG snippets and I take the opportunity to make the SVG as lean as possible, while retaining high grade visual appeal and SVG documents that play well with Netbeans. I suggest you try this approach. The SVG documents are very simple and if you search hard enough, you will find excellent examples and snippets online.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To Start Learning Programing With C++ / Learn Coding!!! Weekdays And Weekend / G I S Expert Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.