Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text (4271 Views)

Lagos State Partners Agdc To Empower 1,100 Graduates / Agdc/samsung Real Dream Interview / Agdc Vacancy Announcement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text by paleo(m): 7:33pm On May 07, 2012
Hi House, got a text message to com for a text under the AGDC/LASG IGNITE TRAINING PROGRAM at AGDC 5 maitama sule st off awolowo rd, ikoyi on 14/05/12....please, did anyone else got the text. made a background check bout the origin of the entire text message and it seems real.
Anyone with similar text should hit the ball let get the dice rolling and get ourself updated as to what the organization really requires..
cheers hommies.
Re: Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text by paleo(m): 7:44pm On May 07, 2012
part of my background research culled from the site http://lagosignite.com/ states that:

The Ignite Enterprise and Employability Project (IEEP) is an initiative of the Fashola-led administration in Lagos State – in collaboration with Afterschool Graduate Development Centre (AGDC) – to proffer a lasting solution to youth unemployment by creating an enabling environment which ignites an enterprise culture and optimal professional performance amongst youth in Lagos state.

Recognizing our youth as the greatest asset of the Nigerian nation, the Governor initiated this project as an avenue to socialize with and provide the resources, structures and level-playing grounds that the youths domiciled in the State need to express themselves through entrepreneurial, career or vocational pursuits. The program will incorporate the formal and informal means of instruction while achieving its aims of sparking the fire of sustainable enterprise and excellent job performance in the Nigerian youths.
Re: Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text by paleo(m): 7:54pm On May 07, 2012
further research shows that the program might not necessarily be a job invite......well as @ 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2009, i got this from a nairalander amaechiilo https://www.nairaland.com/286536/samsung-real-dreams he was lyk

"I was a participant in the first stream of the AGDC/Samsung Real dreams Employability training program. I can tell you one thing for sure - you won't leave the training centre at the end of the program still the same.
there's something you ought to know from the start though: dont go there looking for a job. What you will find is not a job but a career direction. A lot of us saw the internship opportunity as the main focus and we lost out on the main thing. The program will change the common thought we all have about getting a job.
I dont think there's anything i willl say here now thatwill come close to describing the experience. You'll enjoy every part of the four weeks and at the end of it all, you will be telling somebody this same thing i am telling you. lol.
expect the whole spectrum of getting your own career, building it, work-life management, etc. also, get to find out what types of jobs you can function effectively and successfully at so you don't get a job that will frustrate you at the end of the day".

still i dont know what to deduce from this. any relevant info will surely help a long way. thanks in advance to the entire team nairaland.
Re: Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text by Mcnoble: 2:39pm On May 24, 2012
I went for the interview last week, and they told me to come around for the training once I finish my service (June something) but definitely I'm gonna miss the first week. the exact commencement date for the training has not bn passed across.
Re: Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text by DreaShola: 8:06pm On May 24, 2012
I receiVED a TeXT This evEnING TeLliNG Me I haVe BEEN sEleCted AnD thaT d traiNIng wiLL cOMMEnce On mondaY 28th
Re: Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text by phtomay(m): 10:49am On Jul 17, 2012
Hello house, I have being invited for the test 2mao, how should how prepare and in what format are the questions in. Thanks
Re: Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text by maxpayne3: 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2012
@paleo was there any sort of transport allowance for that four weeks of training Just curious. Thanks.
Re: Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text by sweetfav: 12:06am On Jul 18, 2012
I'd really know what d questions r like too.
Re: Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text by KEHINDEOD(m): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2012
@phatomy. Please ow and wen did u apply? Ur response is needed please thanks
Re: Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text by Dazzled: 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
Pls @ those dat did d training,have u guys bn given any related jobs after d 4 wks training?
Re: Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text by Mcnoble: 6:32am On Jul 19, 2012
I got the text message too but I am not gonna come for the test.. I have written the test and gone for the interview before when I was serving but I was informed to come back cos I passed both the test and interview but I was serving and had ₪☺ time to participate in the training. Now I am working and can't take 3 weeks leave for the training. The test is simple 10 scrabbled words, question about Olympic (when it's starting),pioneer or S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡,then u will write an essay on how to rejuvenate the falling standard of education (give at least 3 points).. After the test, u will go for 5 mins interview where they will ask u about ur background and if u will be available for 3 weeks training in maitama sule. If u will be availabale, then dey will invite u.. It's a training that will repackage u on what employers want in employee and how to be self reliant.. They are gonna equip u by HR of difft company about CV, Interview.. U are gonna have project, powerpoint presentation and at times u might just be lucky to catch the attention of any of the HR but it's a worthwhile training.. All the besdt
Re: Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text by Mcnoble: 6:39am On Jul 19, 2012
@kehinde, If u can go to maitama sule ₪☺ 5, go and drop ur details in their log book.. Or check their website on net and register.. AGDC lagos ignite... The program does not promise u a Job o..
Re: Agdc/lasg Invitation For Text by KEHINDEOD(m): 6:50am On Jul 19, 2012
@mcnobie thnks man I appreciate.I will send u mail thanks man.

(1) (Reply)

Dubai Recruitment For Security Officers And Taxi Drivers / Dragnet Graduates Job Recruitment (any discipline) / How I Lost A High Paying Job Because I Failed To Answer A Simple Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.