Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,980 members, 7,852,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:46 PM

Is Vista Compulsory For Me? I Need Help Please! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Vista Compulsory For Me? I Need Help Please! (696 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Why Win 2000, Win Xp or Windows Vista When There's Win 98? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Vista Compulsory For Me? I Need Help Please! by UNLEASHED(m): 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2007
I tried to get the video drivers of my laptop but all to no avail, I didn't have the software disk so someone told me today to go get Vista,though my lappy is vista capable,but what are the advantages and disadvantages of this Vista, I took it to someone who will get it installed for me and he is asking me to give him 5,000 naira so he could buy enough memory to inhabit vista, is he trying to rip me off? or must I buy it? What is theVista's memory capacity? without buying the memory, what will be the effect?
Re: Is Vista Compulsory For Me? I Need Help Please! by mmonwuba(m): 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2007
in the first place, you should know that it is not compulsory for you to have a vista installed on your system before you can get its drivers. what is the make of the laptop?

its advantage as related to drivers is that it automatically searches the net for the drivers of your hardware.

vista ultimate requires 1gb of ram to install. other version of vista could operate on lower memory but Microsoft advises at lesat 1gb. to check for the system config, right click my computer click on properties or you go to run and type dxdiag. yes to all qustions. post the outcome and we'll tell you yes or no!

after that we'll know if you need an extra ram or a goat.
Re: Is Vista Compulsory For Me? I Need Help Please! by texazzpete(m): 12:26am On Nov 14, 2007
Go to the manufacturer's site and check for the drivers. Don't be lazy!

If it's Vista capable, then it's fairly recent and the drivers will definitely be up for grabs.
Re: Is Vista Compulsory For Me? I Need Help Please! by Kobojunkie: 2:14am On Nov 14, 2007
Vista is not compulsory. I still run my home machine on Windows 2003 and my work machine ( no plans to change anytime soon) with Windows XP pro. You can find drivers online from the manufacturer's site ( assuming you got the laptop from manufacturers that provide such). If not, google for data from others who have had the same problem and get answers that way.
Re: Is Vista Compulsory For Me? I Need Help Please! by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 14, 2007
I'm assuming you have an nvidia card.if so, go to laptopvideotogo and download the modded drivers

there's a funny thing about nvidia cards that ship with most laptops. they ship as OEM, which means Nvidia does not support them . the laptop manufacturers do ot configure the cards for driver upgrades. that means that the latest forceware driverwss will not install on laptops.Laptop video to go to the rescue! thanks to them, i now run the latest nvidia drivers on my system.

tell us your model of laptop, and the video card manufacturer. is it ATI, Nvidia or (eeeeeew) intel?

on another note, you need a better adviser.the 'guru' telling you to get vista has no idea what he's talking about.He will make your video driver problem look like a walk in the park.
Re: Is Vista Compulsory For Me? I Need Help Please! by mmonwuba(m): 3:12pm On Nov 14, 2007
they have said it all. what more do u want to hear? go to the manufacturers website (only if you have not gotten chinko lappy) and download your driver
Re: Is Vista Compulsory For Me? I Need Help Please! by phemygee(m): 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2007
Technologu has been made easier through the medium called internet. What i simply mean but this is that you dont need to bother your self about installing vista on your system. All you need to do is to get the brand of your lappy and the model, search for it on the internet and you will find it there. As for me, dell, compaq, hp, gateway all have their drivers on the internet, so i see know reason why you should say there is no video driver for your lappy. And by the way, it is always advisable to the Operating system that comes with the laptops. Not all laptops are vista compatible in the sense that, there are some drivers that are not provided for laptops who does not have vista as a preinstalled operatin system. So, my brother, try and search for the driver on net, Okay.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Phemygee
Re: Is Vista Compulsory For Me? I Need Help Please! by UNLEASHED(m): 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2007
Thanks to you all, I have tried many time to download the video drivers but when it's about to finish the download or after downloading, it will tell me the file is corrupted, I have wasted so much time on this. It's gateway MX7527 series. AMD Athlon.

(1) (Reply)

Graphics/website Designer Needed / Partnership With Your Company: Nigerians Sef! / Cisco Certified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.