Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation (14551 Views)

I Got A Job After 6month I Was Interviewed / Wow Job After A Big Disapointment. / How To Increase Your Chance Of Getting Desired Job After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Plutus: 8:29am On May 09, 2012
Hey guyz! A gud friend of mine gets worried by d day for not getting a job for 2yrs now after graduation........ please, let's share our experience so as to give people like him some sort of encouragement....... How long did it take u to get a nice paying job after graduation

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Nobody: 8:38am On May 09, 2012
Plutus: Hey guyz! A gud friend of mine gets worried by d day for not getting a job for 2yrs now after graduation........ please, let's share our experience so as to give people like him some sort of encouragement....... How long did it take u to get a nice paying job after graduation

3 months, with prayers and faith in God.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by rushj(m): 10:28am On May 09, 2012
My frnd b patient am in my seventh year after gratuation yet not gotn yte colar job. evertin has it own time ma bros. be prayerful, connection tooo matters.all d best

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by AbujaJobs1(m): 11:03am On May 09, 2012
Depends on what you have and how well you search for a job. I got one 6 months after NYSC, some other guys I know still haven't gotten jobs even after 3 years post NYSC.

I have learnt that personal development reduces your chances of remaining unemployed for long so while you are searching for a job, spend time acquiring skills and developing yourself but also do some little networking, make friends with people who are already working, listen to local news everyday especially radio jingles, visit job websites and keep yourself busy doing something productive while you continue your search for a job.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Nobody: 11:54am On May 09, 2012
Abuja_Jobs: Depends on what you have and how well you search for a job. I got one 6 months after NYSC, some other guys I know still haven't gotten jobs even after 3 years post NYSC.

I have learnt that personal development reduces your chances of remaining unemployed for long so while you are searching for a job, spend time acquiring skills and developing yourself but also do some little networking, make friends with people who are already working, listen to local news everyday especially radio jingles, visit job websites and keep yourself busy doing something productive while you continue your search for a job.

Yeah! you've said it all bro. This was exactly what i ventured into before I was employed with God's grace and favor.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 09, 2012
LOL, 10months, rejected 3 within that period though, settled for a lower paying job compared to 2 among the 3 i rejected. But my experience build up is marrrdddd. I fink dat is what matters. grin. All my friends are also employed, i thank God for that smiley
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by dcodesmith(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2012
2 weeks after my final exams, skipped graduation ceremony as I was @ work n didn't care, but I'm the UK, so different economies n all that.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by toptop: 12:50pm On May 09, 2012
Mine was 3months. But some of my friends have spent 5 years without any decent job.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by gulfer: 12:51pm On May 09, 2012
What is your definition of JOB? I remember certain guys that will not take anything below tie-wearing, suit donning banking jobs etc and many later regretted. If your friend does not mind anything for a start while searching for better ones; he will surely prevail but if he will only attempt the white collars, then he is in for a long wait or regrets eventually.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by chiteny(m): 12:54pm On May 09, 2012
It took me three months after NYSC in 2006 before I got my first job. I am on my third one now. wink
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by alfredo4u(m): 12:54pm On May 09, 2012
It took 8months. Before then i was self employed, i was into computer graphics and networking. God then gave me the job i was praying for. to work in a communication company. I work with VISAFONE now........to God be the Glory
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by cyril83(m): 12:57pm On May 09, 2012
My broda,all I have to say is for u to get ursef vry close to God nd kip prayin to him...with God connection,u can even get a job during service year....dnt listenin to some sweet mouthed fellow
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 09, 2012
alfredo4u: It took 8months. Before then i was self employed, i was into computer graphics and networking. God then gave me the job i was praying for. to work in a communication company. I work with VISAFONE now........to God be the Glory
sad

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 09, 2012
grin angry
cyril83: My broda,all I have to say is for [b]u to get ursef vry close to God [/b]nd kip prayin to him...with God connection,u can even get a job during service year....dnt listenin to some sweet mouthed fellow
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by WhoIGoAsk: 1:00pm On May 09, 2012
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 09, 2012
smiley
Ijogz K: LOL, 10months, rejected 3 within that period though, settled for a lower paying job compared to 2 among the 3 i rejected. But my experience build up is marrrdddd. I fink dat is what matters. grin. All my friends are also employed, i thank God for that smiley
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by cyril83(m): 1:01pm On May 09, 2012
dcodesmith: 2 weeks after my final exams, skipped graduation ceremony as I was @ work n didn't care, but I'm the UK, so different economies n all that.
sermon!....here no be naija pings or pin share....di questn is out to help di guy out not praisin ursef!
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by mamale8(m): 1:02pm On May 09, 2012
Took me five months to get a job, finished nysc oct last year and was intensively searching till I got a job in an oil servicing firm, mind you I wrote several tests and interviews and was not successful @ any of them till I went 4 d interview of my current job
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 09, 2012
Soon enough we'll have people exercising their bragging rights on here! angry
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by oba009(m): 1:06pm On May 09, 2012
7 YEARS

Plutus: Hey guyz! A gud friend of mine gets worried by d day for not getting a job for 2yrs now after graduation........ please, let's share our experience so as to give people like him some sort of encouragement....... How long did it take u to get a nice paying job after graduation
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by binigirl(f): 1:10pm On May 09, 2012
I finished my NYSC last year 2011 and it took me 1 month to get a job. I am on my 2nd job now. My advice 4 ur friend is dat he shld not despise his little beginning and not look down on a job, take what ever comes ur way, gather experience and prepare for the big leagues from there. I believe dat with God on his side, he will succeed wink

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Geomac: 1:12pm On May 09, 2012
4 Years
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by seal777(m): 1:15pm On May 09, 2012
I got my first official job after 5 years of youth service.

I was into business before i left school and during my youth service, waited a while applying for jobs without success which forced me into going back to my initial business.

Got a job after 3 years on my business and my monthly package was my two weeks pay in my own business, i accepted the offer for the purpose of experience and that i did for 2 years before i resigned to expand my business of computing,networking and cafe set up.

Thank God i ma better off with my decision despite the challenges.

I will advice any applicant to develop a skill, meet a need and work hard at it : Jobs are hard to come by while those on job are been sacked in their thousands.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by ikmoore2(m): 1:20pm On May 09, 2012
It took me three months to get a job by the grace of God!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by 2good(m): 1:20pm On May 09, 2012
I guess I was lucky. When I was in final year in Unilag, couple of companies came around and I passed their test including Citi Bank. Also b4 NYSC I passed the GT Bank test and wasn't interviewed until I was 6 months into my NYSC after which I was given an offer, so 6 months b4 end of NYSC I had the GT Bank job. I joined GT Bank training school 2 weeks after end of NYSC after which Citibank called me for an interview. I was offered the Citibank job and left GT bank training school after six week to resume with Citibank, a move I later regretted.
I am currently n my 5th job since starting with GT Bank. 3 banks and 2 Oil companies all happening within 7 years. I had to remove GT Bank and Citi Bank from my CV because I felt it made me look unserious and always jumping from one company to another.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by lacasa: 1:21pm On May 09, 2012
Fact i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ one can get α job ΐn α private company faster than α govt parastatal/agency/commission/ministry etc cos as it i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ if Ūя̲̅ leg no long reach 4dat one, nothing 4u
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Slimzain: 1:24pm On May 09, 2012
wink

Well, all I'll say is trust in God.

I graduated 2006, Got a job 2009 and doing the same till date, so planning to opt out to do my own thing.

But my brother, if i had known, i would have taken this decision ealier b4 now.

Deciding the pace of your money making no matter how small makes better sense than been an employee.

My brother,just start from somewhere.

undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by ebuno: 1:24pm On May 09, 2012
be patient and wait for Gods time because it is the best
smiley
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Tcrack(m): 1:28pm On May 09, 2012
i dont mean to derail the thread, but for all those graduates who are still unemployed, i will advice you to learn "handwork" in civil engeneering e.g painting, tiling, POP, while you are still searching because if you ever decide to move abroad someday , there is already jobs wating for you. and this jobs pay very well.this is something i wish someone had told me long ago.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Desanta(m): 1:29pm On May 09, 2012
I got my present job 6 months after NYSC. The pay was less than what I was earning at the place I was working before but I preferred this because it was more secure and there was room to improve, acquire more qualifications, and climb to the peak eventually with a lot of time for my self. So first decide what you want most out of life, money or self fulfillment, then pray, grab any available job (legal), then search for that dream job while you use every opportunity at you present job to improve yourself. Work does not kill it only makes you stronger and any knowledge or skill you acquire is your property for life. All the best.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Tos87(m): 1:30pm On May 09, 2012
God gave me mine in 6months after NYSC,..and dat i should xpect more to come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vacancy For All Class / Lagos State Job Registration Centres / How Many People Got The NAPSAS Induction Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.