Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,414 members, 7,954,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:58 AM

Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death (11613 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by vowiski(m): 3:11pm On May 09, 2012
Less than a week after the death of former Super Eagles player, Rashidi Yekini, more accolades and donations continue to trail the death of the soccer hero. The most recent is Oyo state government’s establishment of a N5 million endownment fund for the children of the late Eagles player.

Dapo Lam Adeshina, Sports Commissioner of Oyo state, said the endowment fund which will be strictly for the children of the late player, would be managed in conjunction with the family of the deceased.

You will recall that the Kwara State commissioner for Sports, Kayode Towoju had given out the sum of N1.5 million to the family of the deceased on the day of his burial. Lam Adeshina had also donated N1million on behalf of the Oyo State government during the burial. Osun and Oyo states also made similar donations.
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by OAM4J: 5:24pm On May 09, 2012
Good!
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by crusufixo(m): 6:19pm On May 09, 2012
Medicine after death !!!!!!!!. Are they saying that they were not aware of his condition when he was alive. Hmmm !!! SMH !!!!!.

7 Likes

Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 09, 2012
OAM4J: Good!
I reserve my comment.
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 09, 2012
brb
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by abiolag(m): 6:25pm On May 09, 2012
PAnadol after headache.if they had done this when he needed it most,maybe he might still be with us.no amount of money donated will bring him back or occupy d vacuum his death has open in d heart of his lovers.though d family will be glad dat some people still remember them.May his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by gbogboti: 6:29pm On May 09, 2012
crusufixo: Medicine after death !!!!!!!!. Are they saying that they were not aware of his condition when he was alive. Hmmm !!! SMH !!!!!.

This is a case of "Died wretched. Buried in a N50 million casket".

Nigerians are very good @ dis rubbish.

You only get kindness from them in your grave. If I wash Yekini, I 'll make sure my ghost flog them very well. After all the stress he went through for this country.

3 Likes

Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by gbadexy(m): 6:29pm On May 09, 2012
Na wa o.people will want to join the band wagon and would want to be seen and heard just to gain popularity from the public.
All this attention and cash gifts would have helped the late yekini a great deal when he needed it.
i think what we the public should do is to try and use this medium and other media fora to draw the attention of the government to people in desperate need of help,especially those that have served the country so that they wont claim ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by niddamugu(m): 6:32pm On May 09, 2012
crusufixo: Medicine after death !!!!!!!!. Are they saying that they were not aware of his condition when he was alive. Hmmm !!! SMH !!!!!.

Music after church service! angry angry angry angry
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by kingPINN(m): 6:33pm On May 09, 2012
Blood money..
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:38pm On May 09, 2012
what a funny world we live in. This was a guy that was roaming the streets like a mad man.where were these people when he was alive. now millions are being voted on his behalf. may god deliver us. angry
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by VUVUZELA10: 6:39pm On May 09, 2012
Hopelessness and heartlessness of the highest order. Why now? Why? Tomorrow, you want young Nigerians to be patriotic. It is sad and nauseating.
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 09, 2012
am sure yekini would be clapping for them in his grave. mtscheew! campaign after election!
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by alfablondy: 6:51pm On May 09, 2012
LeoMax: I reserve my comment.
Till when? grin grin grin
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by Osama10(m): 6:59pm On May 09, 2012
Where were all these people when he was alive? angry
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by Mayflowa(m): 7:01pm On May 09, 2012
Let's stop and think. I do not know what you all want Government to do. I, for one, was not even aware of Yekini's case. I guess millions of Nigerians were not even aware! Nigerians are known to have good hearts when it comes to helping hand especially for the renowned. How do you want government to help when they are not briefed. Do you think government goes about looking for people to help? That is not the business of government abeg!

As popular as Nairaland, did any member post about his sufferings and mental case?

Besides, not that I lack consideration, Yekini wasn't suppose to go bust with proper investment because he was paid for his service and got recognised by the globe and was bought into world class club with good remuneration! Why is Eguavoen, Amunike, Ike Ikechukwu not broke? He was just unfortunate and probably do not know how to make and handle money with his good name!

I would tolerate all these insults if we were talking about NYSC corps, bombed victims,War torned forces and disable policemen. These are people that are dying everyday for their father's land and whose children are left to soak garri and roam the street with no help!

5 Likes

Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by Abbycite(m): 7:06pm On May 09, 2012
Point of correction! Yekini was not a wretched man in his final days. D only problem he has is self-imposed. D man made himself incommunicado for no apparent reason. So I don't know what people could av done for him in his situation.
We keep blaming d govt for neglecting him...... As far as am concern, d man seek no help.
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by Opoki(m): 7:07pm On May 09, 2012
Mayflowa: Let's stop and think. I do not know what you all want Government to do. I, for one, was not even aware of Yekini's case. I guess millions of Nigerians were not even aware! Nigerians are known to have good hearts when it comes to helping hand especially for the renowned. How do you want government to help when they are not briefed. Do you think government goes about looking for people to help? That is not the business of government abeg!

As popular as Nairaland, did any member post about his sufferings and mental case?

Besides, not that I lack consideration, Yekini wasn't suppose to go bust with proper investment because he was paid for his service and got recognised by the globe and was bought into world class club with good remuneration! Why is Eguavoen, Amunike, Ike Ikechukwu not broke? He was just unfortunate and probably do not know how to make and handle money with his good name!

I would tolerate all these insults if we were talking about NYSC corps, bombed victims,War torned forces and disable policemen. These are people that are dying everyday for their father's land and whose children are left to soak garri and roam the street with no help!
Very ery Objective...
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by fm7070: 7:08pm On May 09, 2012
let's ask, is it oral donation or physical cash donation?
mumu people.
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by gulfer: 7:18pm On May 09, 2012
abiolag: PAnadol after headache.if they had done this when he needed it most,maybe he might still be with us.no amount of money donated will bring him back or occupy d vacuum his death has open in d heart of his lovers.though d family will be glad dat some people still remember them.May his soul rest in perfect peace
Very apt statement and to add that the family is a disappointment not to have raised the issue of his sickness if there was any sickness in the first place. This certainly smirk of a few family members wanting to deprive his kids of their inheritance as they have declared all his documents burned (including his will I am sure). GOD help us in this forsaken entity of cannibals called Nigeria, wonder how many remembrance of Samuel Okparaji who died on active service by a clueless NFA!I cry
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 09, 2012
Osama10: Where were all these people when he was alive? angry

Where they aware of his situation ?
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by djcmeon39(m): 7:22pm On May 09, 2012
R I P yekini
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by lexicon(m): 7:25pm On May 09, 2012
Mayflowa: Let's stop and think. I do not know what you all want Government to do. I, for one, was not even aware of Yekini's case. I guess millions of Nigerians were not even aware! Nigerians are known to have good hearts when it comes to helping hand especially for the renowned. How do you want government to help when they are not briefed. Do you think government goes about looking for people to help? That is not the business of government abeg!

Opoki: Very ery Objective...
You are ryt on point bro.
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by talk2dhanny: 7:32pm On May 09, 2012
A country where the dead gets more attention then the living. Mtshew!
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 09, 2012
I wonder why do people don't get flowers when they are still alive?
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by kaiter: 7:34pm On May 09, 2012
what a funny world we live in. This was a guy that was roaming the streets like a mad man.where were these people when he was alive.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 09, 2012
At least his family won't suffer. Half bread is better than chin chin, kpekere, tapooka, guguru and groundnut.
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by dadicvila(m): 7:48pm On May 09, 2012
These crooks have seen an avenue to embezzle public funds in the name of donation
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by babwilms(m): 7:48pm On May 09, 2012
It was published in the newspaper that he was going mad, roaming the street of Ibadan in "The Nations's" newspaper late last year. Asking for goverment to do something about. His condition.
Basically we have a useless goverment.

1 Like

Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by henrylet(m): 7:50pm On May 09, 2012
When he was alive why did they come to his aid.
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by zumarock8(m): 7:53pm On May 09, 2012
Re: Honours And Donations Continue To Trail Rashidi Yekini’s Death by skullbaba: 7:58pm On May 09, 2012

. You are right bro but we have to show sympathy to some people we perceive as national heroes to encourage patrotism among the young ones. About the financial issue, we cant expect him to start begging around like aso rock beggers that lack dignity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Will Answer This Football Quiz / Boko Haram Loves Football - El Kanemi Warriors Coach / French Open 2019: WTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.