Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,813 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt (5309 Views)

Two Buses Collide On 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Things That Happen on BRT Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Ovularia: 12:33am On May 10, 2012
Auto firms threaten to withdraw palliatives buses over huge debt
On May 9, 2012 · In News 10:12 pmEmail0

BY THEODORE OPARA

LAGOS – The Federal Government’s inability to pay suppliers of the 2,500 high capacity buses it ordered as a palliative measure to cushion the effect of the January increment in fuel pump price may soon cause untold hardship for commuters nationwide as the automobile companies have threatened to withdraw their vehicles from the operators of the government mass assisted scheme.

Six automobile companies including National Truck Manufacturers, (NTM); Tata Motors, VON Automobiles (Ashok Leyland); ANAMMCO (Mercedes) Globe Motors (Hyundai and Toyota) and Elizade Motors (Toyota) were contracted by the government to supply the high capacity vehicles valued at over N15 billion through a letter by the Urban Development Bank on January 8, 2012.

But five months after, the automobile company were yet to be paid for the first batch of the supply of 1250 units of buses valued at N8.9 billion, a development which has necessitated the suppliers to threaten to withdraw all the buses pending when the government shall pay.

A source told Vanguard, that the suppliers had perfected plans to retrieve the vehicle from operators of the government mass assisted scheme soon to recover the huge debt.

According to the source, the suppliers planned to withdraw the vehicles and park them in the bank warehouses pending the payment by the government.

It further stated that the next batch of supply of 1250 units has been put on hold as a result of the huge debt.

He said: “As I speak with you now, we are groaning under high bank interest rate and may close shops as a result of government’s refusal to pay the debt. We have discontinued further supply of the remaining 1250 units and may consider the option of suing the government to recover our money.

“When government invited us to supply the buses they gave us only two days to do so and we borrowed at a very high bank interest rate thinking that the government would live up to its promise to pay in good time. But five months down the line, the ministries of Finance and Investment are yet to contact us.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/auto-firms-threaten-to-withdraw-palliatives-buses-over-huge-debt/
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by CyberG: 12:51am On May 10, 2012
It's all Fresh Air...LOL!

1 Like

Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Beaf: 1:52am On May 10, 2012
The suppliers should read the payment period in their contracts properly. We Nigerians just love to be loud for no reason.
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by CyberG: 1:59am On May 10, 2012
The government's anus mouthpiece is here to answer! LWKMD! grin grin
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Beaf: 2:05am On May 10, 2012
CyberG: The government's anus mouthpiece is here to answer! LWKMD! grin grin

Aregbesola's 300million Naira 15kw O-Anus is repping the gutter as always. Lol!
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by CyberG: 2:37am On May 10, 2012
LOL...some loser just gotta try and perch around my posts! Get lost, me no send any barry! This is about the useless brain dead government of Odechukwudeen and no one else! LWKMD! Running scared...mu ehehe he ehe eh ehe grin grin
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Beaf: 2:50am On May 10, 2012
CyberG: LOL...some loser just gotta try and perch around my posts! Get lost, me no send any barry! This is about the useless brain dead government of Odechukwudeen and no one else! LWKMD! Running scared...mu ehehe he ehe eh ehe grin grin

Thank goodness you have told the first truth in your cowardly existence, which is that you are "Aregbesola's 300million Naira 15kw O-Anus that is repping the gutter as always."

The truth will set O-Anuses free! grin
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Kobojunkie: 3:15am On May 10, 2012
So it now turns out that this Administration did spend our money on purchasing the buses ? Wow . . 2500 buses? Paid for by the Nigerian people, to do what? How many people have even seen, let alone ridden these so-called palliative buses?
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by CyberG: 4:49am On May 10, 2012
LOL...the dumshit Jonaton's days are numbered anyway. When he kaput, his government beef meat assole-mouthpiece will die! LOL grin grin
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Beaf: 5:06am On May 10, 2012
^
All hail the O-Anus! grin
Bro, you're more powerful than a Musiwa/becomerich combo! Lol!

All hail fools!
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by CyberG: 6:19am On May 10, 2012
Pffftt...some shitty SOB cannot just go face the brain dead, inactive Jonaloser! LWKMD! Me no send any useless comment from any barry o. Worse is the dumb arse loser president cannot even pay for buses on time. Otueke fisherpresident is clueless...me he he he he grin grin grin
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Beaf: 6:21am On May 10, 2012
^
The O-Anus just farted! grin grin grin
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by igbo2011(m): 6:48am On May 10, 2012
Why don't they get Innosonn buses? I gue they love everything foreign SMH

http://www.innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/buses.php
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by RichDad1(m): 7:37am On May 10, 2012
Innosson buses? Please excuse me, so they can finish the company before it got started right? Can Innosson afford to give #15billion worth of buses without upfront payment at this early stage? No I do t think so.
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by metodman(m): 8:02am On May 10, 2012
We need to know this present government is so dishonest. I do not believe gej is slow, he is just a very dishonest, snake-like kind of person. Unfortunately some people still fall for his deceits.

Trust gej at your peril

3 Likes

Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Fhemmmy: 3:41pm On May 10, 2012
Nigeria will grow . .
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Okijajuju1(m): 3:54pm On May 10, 2012
igbo2011: Why don't they get Innosonn buses? I gue they love everything foreign SMH

http://www.innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/buses.php

Innoson busses were found to have zero safety rating and was capable of depleting the population... Are you happy now!! angry Now give it a rest!

Those bus companies should relax jor!! angry

If they recall their busses, we the government would slam them with so much taxes that they would barely be able to afford 1 litre of diesel for their factories. angry
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Smooth278(m): 3:54pm On May 10, 2012
i swear i have neva seen any of the buses mentioned!!! wonder where they are and who is managing them.... what a dull govt kai!!!

can this be like what's going on in the petroleum sector where people are paid without supplying anything!!!

1 Like

Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On May 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

Innoson busses were found to have zero safety rating and was capable of depleting the population... Are you happy now!! angry Now give it a rest!

If they recall their busses, we the government would slam them with so much taxes that they would barely be able to afford 1 litre of diesel for their factories. angry

The company is in business to make money and not to play games with some govt that has no vision no policy . . . The company have things to do with money . . .

1 Like

Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by manny4life(m): 4:02pm On May 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

Where did you get your information from? Please explain
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Okijajuju1(m): 4:10pm On May 10, 2012
manny4life:

Where did you get your information from? Please explain

Was trying to get the nigga to drop the Innoson gist already... Its been over-flogged.
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by sleek29(m): 4:18pm On May 10, 2012
I thought the money was supposed to be gotten from the 'SURE-P' thing, or is the money not SURE again?

1 Like

Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by awilologomba(f): 4:27pm On May 10, 2012
Who is honest between FG and those contractors that supplied old buses and all waiting to collect 8.9billion naira.I don't want know if those companies eventually folds up,they wanted to make money from subsidy crises,while the masses were crying and prostesting.infact this shows the insincerity in governance God purnish jonathan,dumb patient and all his ministers and governors.
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 10, 2012
FRESH AIR MEHN!!!!!!!!!
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On May 10, 2012
Beaf: The suppliers should read the payment period in their contracts properly. We Nigerians just love to be loud for no reason.

You don turn this asskissing into a career oo

Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by slimchimex(m): 5:12pm On May 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

bete pick ur mouth shot...big fool...
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by Demdem(m): 5:25pm On May 10, 2012
everything about the Retardeen is Fraud.
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:35pm On May 10, 2012
Beaf: The suppliers should read the payment period in their contracts properly. We Nigerians just love to be loud for no reason.

Sir, yes a contract might have been signed, nevertheless it doesn't stop the government from negating on its promise to pay up.
Will you be prepared to wait for 5months for payment, knowing that you have various overheads that needs to be covered.
Even to pay federal government workers, the government is having problems.
This is a sure indication that the government is a business-killer.

BTW: I'm yet to see any shadow of the subsidy buses on our roads.
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by amosy007: 5:48pm On May 10, 2012
Choi... Chineke mehh jonafhuck wnt kill us in this country..... Eletricity subsidy *coming soon*
Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by alahamad(m): 5:56pm On May 10, 2012
@BEAF......why don't you ever try using your brain to cook out logical reasoning to your perspective views about the obvious which is open to every sane being in Nigeria?

I bet you have no idea what lending money in a Nigerian bank is nd your here talking about them going thru a contract when payment has not been made for the first 5 month.

For crying out loud do you need prayers or would you rather just gulp down a bottle of dettol?

Ur just too useless nd I'm asuming ur more useless than the king of uselessness.....I.e..his Excellenthief .Badluck egbere Jo_lantern a.k.a retardeen.

1 Like

Re: Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt by jeddyMay(f): 6:08pm On May 10, 2012
What is d essence of d buses wen d impact r not felt by d common man on d street. Abeg, make dem retrieve am bak as soon as possible jare

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of The Hummer H1 Alpha As A Daily Driver In Lagos, Nigeria? / Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. / Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.