Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,484 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University (52735 Views)

PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / 9 Ways Students Waste Money, Possible Solutions / These Courses Are Difficult To Have First-class In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by GoodBoi1(m): 7:49am On Sep 30, 2012
Wow! Wow! First-class! First-class! Everybody is getting 'high' about first class, some are even charged up to the point of throwing insults at others but, by the time reality hits them, few will be left standing. Get real- FIRST-CLASS IS NOT FOR ALL- but hardwork is required so if you don't get first-class, you could walk away with your 2:1.
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by DrGboy(m): 8:53am On Sep 30, 2012
@kadata ,dat's a rlly nyc post,very inspiring. i wuld try to utilize the points u wrote keenly.thanks wink
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Ibro4peak: 4:34am On Oct 10, 2012
sauer:
what god factor? There is no god factor! angry
u must b silly 4 sayn dat.i 'm sure u had better go 2 a corner and apologise fully 4 u 'v wronged d manager of ur brain cells
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by GreatTaiwo: 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
hello,

Certainly, you need to have God as your dependable source of strenght. some lecturers are just sad minded people who will stop at nothing to ensure you dont make it.

secondly, some student are just gifted and it is not that the study more that other, the gift comes from God.

lastly, making a fisrt class is really good, but it does not stop those with second class and even pass from reaching there goal. just ensure you are really worth the degree you earn and understand that even average student does achieve graet things once they are serious minded and focus. yes avearage student control the way thing in any economy becuase they depend more on their hidden talent than on academic paper.

cheers
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Kadata(m): 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
@kadata ,dat's a rlly nyc post,very inspiring. i wuld try to utilize the points u wrote keenly.thanks wink

You're welcome dude. Still reppin MbBs. *winks*
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by DrGboy(m): 12:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
Kadata:

You're welcome dude. Still reppin MbBs. *winks*
thnks. Bros i feel ur pic die.... U too much.jooorrrrr ooooo MBBS 4 lyf!!!
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by aliandro(m): 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
Gboy,when will u accept my request on 2go.lisandro93.MBBS ALL D WAY .GREAT AKO/IDI ARABITES
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by DrGboy(m): 2:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
aliandro: Gboy,when will u accept my request on 2go.lisandro93.MBBS ALL D WAY .GREAT AKO/IDI ARABITES
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Tobbie9(m): 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
med students don't use GP and there's no classification of the MBBS degree.
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2012
thanks 4 d write up
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Kadata(m): 11:29am On Nov 04, 2012
Tobbie9: med students don't use GP and there's no classification of the MBBS degree.

Yeaah. We knw
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Losib(m): 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
Tobbie9: med students don't use GP and there's no classification of the MBBS degree.
Pls is the grading system applicable to Pharmacy? or is there no grading system like Medicine...Reply will be appreciated.
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by xrazzy(m): 1:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
More tips for getting first class:
1. Understand the psychology of your lecturers
2. Read latest research ouputs (journals, monograph, thesis, dissertation etc) in your field
3. Read your lecturers' research papers
4. Create time for general knowledge enriching reading
5. Be original in your final year project (Don't plagiarize)
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by jaymichael(m): 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2012
very correct. learn to assess your performance always. after every semester result, try to calculate your gpa and cgpa. set a target you want to attain at the end of the semester. i always calculate my cgpa. my last semester was 4.82 and my cgpa is 4.62. am in my final semester and i know what to do to make at least a gpa of 4.5.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Kadata(m): 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2012
jaymichael: very correct. learn to assess your performance always. after every semester result, try to calculate your gpa and cgpa. set a target you want to attain at the end of the semester. i always calculate my cgpa. my last semester was 4.82 and my cgpa is 4.62. am in my final semester and i know what to do to make at least a gpa of 4.5.

I'm impreSsed
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2012
I wil make 2.1 thank you baba God,well my lecturers timid nature is annoying
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Kadata(m): 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2012
Emzybrown: I wil make 2.1 thank you baba God,well my lecturers timid nature is annoying

It's in your hands
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
Hi
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by donfemox(m): 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
Kadata pls if you have a course to read with lots of pages how do you read such. Do u cram the whole thing or what?
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by yhanata(m): 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
serenegroup: less I forget let ur answer booklet be like a text book filled with diagrams or chats or graphs as the case may be. Pls use a large diagram or large chat or a large graph preferable a page so as to be unique cos some lecturers hate small diagrams. Well the key is understand wat each lecturer wants and give them.

U mad d key point bro.know ur lecturers.always knw wat dey want.d way u ansa mr A que mite nt b d way mr B wants it

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by joshneku: 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
Great words
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by ijiini(m): 6:19am On Feb 04, 2015

what god factor? There is no god factor! angry
dude...dia is a God factor....dont be naive.....u need dat factor like u need oxygen!
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Samkoyeh3(m): 9:29pm On Jul 01, 2020
HOW TO MAKE FIRST CLASS IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITY?

1. HAVE THE DESIRE TO MAKE A’S IN ALL YOUR COURSE BADLY.
A lot of students wishes to have a distinction in all their courses, but few students provide the definite plan and the burning desire, which paves the road to success.

For you to have a distinction in all your course you must have a strong desire for it, now you know what you want which is to make first-class then you must be willing and ready to put in the hours it takes to achieve it.

I gain a bit of value from this article

https://scholarsvibes.com.ng/how-to-make-first-class-in-nigeria-university/

Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by jpawjpaw(m): 10:24pm On Jul 01, 2020
ajirapsy:

Highly unlikely...
3.62 nko..
year 2, 5yr course??
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Gerrard59(m): 12:08am On Jul 02, 2020
jpawjpaw:

3.62 nko..
year 2, 5yr course??

Very possible provided you make at least 4.8 per semester till the end of your program. You need to get your course handbook, go through every case and make your permutations and projections on getting an A. The B grade is OK but your aim should be an A.
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by jpawjpaw(m): 12:29am On Jul 02, 2020
Gerrard59:

Very possible provided you make at least 4.8 per semester till the end of your program. You need to get your course handbook, go through every case and make your permutations and projections on getting an A. The B grade is OK but your aim should be an A.
wow okay.....thank u sir
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Samstyle(m): 7:37am On Jun 18, 2022
In Nigerian universities these days it is very difficult to make a first class. That notwithstanding, i have seen valid tips that can help you make a first class from the University. You can check them out here:

https://bscholarly.com/how-to-graduate-with-first-class-in-the-university/
Re: 9 Ways To Make A First Class In The University by Samstyle(m): 4:48am On Jun 19, 2022
Like i said before, this article has everything you need to become a first class graduate in any university or college in the world. You can check it out:

https://bscholarly.com/how-to-graduate-with-first-class-in-the-university/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fresh Graduate Wore "Cheated In Every Exam" T-shirt (Pictured) / WAEC 2013 May/June Examination Timetable. / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.