Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights (14978 Views)

Normal Traffic Operations Resume In USA / FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations / FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by aminulive: 6:57pm On May 08, 2022
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Airline operators of Nigeria have suspended a planned withdrawal of services on Monday over rising costs of aviation fuel.

In a statement made available to POLITICS NIGERIA on Sunday evening, the decision was reached after discussions with the Federal Government yielded positive results.

The Statement read; "The Airline Operators of Nigeria (AON) wishes to inform the general public that further to numerous calls from the highest echelons in government with promises to urgently intervene in the crises being faced by airlines due to the astronomic and continuously rising cost of JetA1, that the AON has acceded to requests to withdraw the action for the time being while we allow for a fresh round of dialogue with government in the hope of reaching an amicable solution."

"We have also reached this decision with the highest consideration for our esteemed customers who have been faced with uncertainty over the last few days and to enable them to have access to travel to their various destinations for the time being during the period of discussions with relevant authorities."

"In view of the above and in the interest of national economy and security considerations, AON hereby wishes to notify the general public that the earlier announced shutdown of operations on May 9, 2022, is hereby suspended in good fate pending the outcome of hopefully fruitful engagement with government."

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-airline-operators-suspend-shutdown-of-operations-resume-flights/

3 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by ACRI: 6:59pm On May 08, 2022
My dear Nigerians, it has been shown that the shameless political class and the feudal elites of the society only care about themselves.

This is a wake up call that we need to ground them as they have grounded Nigeria since the onset of this present political dispensation.

Let us occupy the airports and ground local travels until there is a consitution review

Thank you

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Itzteewhy(m): 6:59pm On May 08, 2022
Incessant strike from every sector in the country indicate that Nigeria as an entity is not WORKING!!!

4 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Ade3131: 6:59pm On May 08, 2022
Let's see where this takes us. Next time Naija hears the word change we all go'n ask for the specifics.

19 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:59pm On May 08, 2022
Daddy oyedepo give me a lift, I will soon buy my own......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 08, 2022
Mtchew.
Won tun ti gbewon ni handicap.
If person no reach threat, make hin no dey threat. ASUU get liver pass this Airline Agberos.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 08, 2022

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by FalseProphet1(m): 7:00pm On May 08, 2022
They have been massively bribed by the government. Nigeria isn't for the poor.

This I have seen.

18 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by NwaNimo1(m): 7:00pm On May 08, 2022
Bluffers......

[img]https:///media/4-02-2022/OShac6.gif[/img]

....if you shut down operations how will you pay your overheads and loans?

3 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by samwayne154(m): 7:00pm On May 08, 2022
Haha
Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Investorozay: 7:00pm On May 08, 2022
Politicians
Fear them
This one affects them
But ASUU does not
That one affects the common man
And the common man comes online daily to praise them for more punishment

And insult others who don't worship their choice slavemaster. The common man has been blinded with tribalism and bread crumbs
There is no hope
undecided

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by gbaskiboy: 7:00pm On May 08, 2022
This government is synonymous failure. They are grand master of failure

3 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Ashley86400: 7:01pm On May 08, 2022
Of course this suspension wouldn’t last. .
Nigeria’s Millionaires Billionaires must fly cause they always have something to do in Lagos and Abuja one way or another.

6 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 08, 2022
ACRI:
Money don exchange hands

Most likely government has agreed to subsidize jet fuel for them to a level that mitigates their rising operating costs as a result of rising cost of jet fuel

1 Like

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by money121(m): 7:01pm On May 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Mrbenny001: 7:01pm On May 08, 2022
These thieves will do anything to resolve issues like this...since it's will affect them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Eduzehh: 7:01pm On May 08, 2022
I knew this won't last

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by dfrost: 7:03pm On May 08, 2022
Typical. How else will the politicians travel up and down to campaign and hold meetings.

4 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Adonis86(m): 7:04pm On May 08, 2022
This is how the entire agencies in this country will shut down under bubu body odour

2 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by englishmart(m): 7:04pm On May 08, 2022
You should have shut it down indefinitely, so that we all will ply the same unsafe and dilapidated roads

11 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Eriokanmi: 7:04pm On May 08, 2022
The govt dem no get liver nah. I knew it would never be allowed to happen. I wish they could respond so swiftly to issues pertaining to the masses. Our mumu go do one day and we'd do away with these rouges at the helms

3 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Tvoice: 7:05pm On May 08, 2022
I said it , these are the kind of issues our useless politicians will resolve immediately, because they don't want to face the hardship people are facing on Nigerian roads , meanwhile assu is still on strike, na God go purnish all of una .

8 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Cutezt(m): 7:05pm On May 08, 2022
Normal thing.. It will affect them, so the idiots will sort it out immediately, but if it concerns the common man, they have no business with it. The hell fire our leaders are going to can not be the same with all other sinners, no, God will be unfair to those sinners if he puts them in the same hell with these stone minded crooks.

4 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Hotzone(m): 7:06pm On May 08, 2022
I just bought horse

3 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Hotzone(m): 7:06pm On May 08, 2022
I just bought horse for long travels

5 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by Kez11: 7:07pm On May 08, 2022
This is the height of wickedness...

just because the strike will affect our leaders, they swiftly moved to negotiate to avert the strike for the fear of being kidnapped while using road transportation but ASUU is on there own...No work no pay

shows where our priority lies

7 Likes

Re: Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights by lexy2014: 7:07pm On May 08, 2022
ACRI:

My dear Nigerians, it has been shown that the shameless political class and the feudal elites of the society only care about themselves.

This is a wake up call that we need to ground them as they have grounded Nigeria since the onset of this present political dispensation.

Let us occupy the airports and ground local travels until there is a consitution review

Thank you

What is wrong with the constitution?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Horrible Experience In Fiji island / Hadi Sirika: Enugu Airport Runway To Open On August 30 / Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.