Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? (850 Views)

PM--- BTC---WMZ ...HolarDeb.org Nairaland Customer Support / Welcome To Nairaland Bloggers Family. / Pls Help!how Do I Add A Forum Page To My Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by lifestyle1(m): 10:52am On May 11, 2012
undecided
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by spikesC(m): 11:36am On May 11, 2012
Nothing oooo, just select 'allow pm between user' and click update
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by Slyr0x: 12:05pm On May 11, 2012
Spikes C

I've been trynna reach you. Kindly send me a mail
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by DualCore1: 12:42pm On May 11, 2012
spikes C: Nothing oooo, just select 'allow pm between user' and click update
This site no longer runs on SMF.

@Topic @OP
Give the admin a good Snake (Python) charmer and a consultant and offer to pay them well.
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by lifestyle1(m): 2:17pm On May 11, 2012
spikes C: Nothing oooo, just select 'allow pm between user' and click update

If its that simple, why is it not added ?
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by lifestyle1(m): 2:21pm On May 11, 2012
Dual Core:

@Topic @OP
Give the admin a good Snake (Python) charmer and a consultant and offer to pay them well.

I want the PM feature activated here on nairaland
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by spikesC(m): 2:26pm On May 11, 2012
Slyr0x: Spikes C

I've been trynna reach you. Kindly send me a mail

Man, i've been too. Been using the site feature but seems its not getting through. if u can't post ur email, here's mine. CHINONODLD <at>YAHOO.COM
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by spikesC(m): 2:34pm On May 11, 2012
Dual Core:

@Topic @OP

Yeah,i forgot. But seun can do it himself. They brag about snake language better that PHP grin grin
I would finish a messaging system in less than 5 hours on PHP,even the database needed

1 Like

Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by DualCore1: 3:22pm On May 11, 2012
spikes C: But seun can do it himself
You are on your own with that statement. Personally I won't put any serious money on that statement. wink I am not always right.
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by spikesC(m): 3:35pm On May 11, 2012
grin grin grin i think i understand, been wondering about that too. But come on,he makes money, he got geeky friends

One way or the other, he should be making improvements. Why the heck does feature update exist in our dictionary
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by moderattor: 9:15am On May 12, 2012
nairaland nolonger run on SMF ?
Wow ! Hearing that the 1st time. So what does it run on now?
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by ahmsta(m): 9:27am On May 12, 2012
lol..thats obvoius...but now its a custom script which i believe its still running on SMF functions..
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by Peterson1993(m): 5:18pm On May 12, 2012
You Guys are are getting it all wrong. I hear someone boosting of finishing a pm feature within 1 second Lol... You dont contruct a pm feature but just activate or deactivate it. I was lucky to stumble in an interview of Seun in the net where he explained that the PM feature had to be deactivated due to issue of scamming. But all in all, i dont think it's a great idea cos the lack of pm feature is affecting the traffic of the site cos most guys would have been trooping here dailing just to check their inbox messages. If facebook had not gat pm feature, i dont think i would be on fb today cos i just go there, check my pm and get out. No time for chatting when i gat 8 languages to learn to perfection this year

1 Like

Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by spikesC(m): 5:42pm On May 12, 2012
Peterson1993: You Guys are are getting it all wrong. I hear someone boosting of finishing a pm feature within 1 second Lol... You dont contruct a pm feature but just activate or deactivate it. I was lucky to stumble in an interview of Seun in the net where he explained that the PM feature had to be deactivated due to issue of scamming. But all in all, i dont think it's a great idea cos the lack of pm feature is affecting the traffic of the site cos most guys would have been trooping here dailing just to check their inbox messages. If facebook had not gat pm feature, i dont think i would be on fb today cos i just go there, check my pm and get out. No time for chatting when i gat 8 languages to learn to perfection this year

Eeeehm, you're overexagerating too much when unnecessary. I never said 1 second dull brain, i said less than 5 hours. If actually u can't, well, i can.

And don't read up 8 languages this year cos it won't even make u nerdy or be of any benefit. If you don't constantly use them, they'll evaporate to a better place.

Talking of contructing a pm feature, well yes, cos NL is now custom coded,check the footer and see for yourself if u even can.
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by Peterson1993(m): 8:43pm On May 12, 2012
spikes C:

Eeeehm, you're overexagerating too much when unnecessary. I never said 1 second dull brain, i said less than 5 hours. If actually u can't, well, i can.

And don't read up 8 languages this year cos it won't even make u nerdy or be of any benefit. If you don't constantly use them, they'll evaporate to a better place.

Talking of contructing a pm feature, well yes, cos NL is now custom coded,check the footer and see for yourself if u even can.
lol "if i even can" hmm Nairaland webmasters for here no go kill person with laf 4 here ooo. Anywayz no need to scream much. Enjoy yourself since only you can. Chop your rice well....
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by spikesC(m): 10:03pm On May 12, 2012
Peterson1993: lol "if i even can" hmm Nairaland webmasters for here no go kill person with laf 4 here ooo. Anywayz no need to scream much. Enjoy yourself since only you can. Chop your rice well....

grin grin grin
Na ogbono soup i dey chop o, with akpu. You want?
Re: What Does It Cost To Add A Pm Feature To Nairaland ? by Frosti(m): 11:14pm On May 12, 2012
I believe Nairaland is running on a forked version of SMF forum software ported to Python.

(1) (Reply)

I Need To Learn Web Designing / Get Backlinks / I Need Free Wordpress Themes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.