Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Possiblity Of Aliens And Religious Implications. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Possiblity Of Aliens And Religious Implications. (783 Views)

Question For Atheists And Religious People / What Do You Think About Aliens And Ufo's / Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possiblity Of Aliens And Religious Implications. by Master6(m): 11:43am On May 11, 2012
I av posted this before, but I want to hear what people av to say concerning the matter, because it has been a really long time.

What are your opinions? I personally think that
aliens are a possibility. There are millions of planets
in the known part of the universe. What is the
probability of finding one with the same conditions
that support life like on earth. This civilization would
be just like earth with some slight differences.
Assume that in a box, there are 100 balls, 40 are red
and 60 are blue. If we are studying and we take 5
balls out, these 5 are blue, we cannot assume that
all the balls in the box are blue. In that sense, we
cannot arrive at the conclusion that life does not
exist somewhere else because we have studied a
few thousand planets out of millions. That is my first
opinion.
Secondly, what if we are looking in the wrong
direction, because we are all carbon-based
organisms who breath in oxygen,drink water,
release oxygen and rely on photosynthesis. What if
the other aliens are nitrogen-based organisms, who
breath in ammonia, drink benzene, release methane
and rely on chemosynthesis. Some organisms might
be living right under our noses without us realizing
it because we are busy looking for other things.
Its implication on religion is two-sided, it is
1. Positive, meaning that God created other beings
apart from us who will also be judged on the Final
day.
2. Negative, meaning that the whole creation story
has been ridiculed since we are supposed to be
special beings created in His image and Likeness.
Don't you agree, post.
Re: Possiblity Of Aliens And Religious Implications. by Enigma(m): 12:15pm On May 11, 2012
Re: Possiblity Of Aliens And Religious Implications. by PastorKun(m): 12:58pm On May 11, 2012
Master_1: I av posted this before, but I want to hear what people av to say concerning the matter, because it has been a really long time.
2. Negative, meaning that the whole creation story
has been ridiculed since we are supposed to be
special beings created in His image and Likeness.
Don't you agree, post.

I don't agree with you that it would ridicle the creation story as the creation story in the bible is limited to the earth and it's inhabitants. It is silent on other parts of the universe and it never said we are the only creation in the whole universe. In fact if any thing at all there are hints of extra terrestrial life in the bible. Genesis 6:1-4 speaks of a race of super beings called the nephlim who can down to earth and had sexuall intercourse with earth's women. You may wish to visit http://www.bibleufo.com/ as it contains a lot of perceived extra terrestrial/Alien encounters in the bible.
Re: Possiblity Of Aliens And Religious Implications. by Master6(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2012
Interesting @enigma. We see wat we want to c, nd make biased judgements frm it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why Mankind Exist? Angelic Conflict / Bible Contradictions:incompetence Or Malevolence / Church Refuses Black Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.