Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,483 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Question For Atheists And Religious People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Atheists And Religious People (10525 Views)

Atheists And Their Stupidity / Questions For Atheists!!! / A Chalenge For Huxley,kay 17,ogaga4luv And Other Atheists And Satanists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Question For Atheists And Religious People by NWFX(m): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2011
The debate between religious believers and Atheists have been raging on for quite some time now with each side passionately aiming to disprove the other's claims.
However, no one on both sides at least to my knowledge has ever given a reasonable answer or at least asked this question enough to make a meaningful impact on the debate.So what is the question?

1. To Atheists and the religious; What sort of convincing evidence would it take would it take for you to switch sides?

2. Also what sort of evidence or event do you think would convince the entire world in one single day to support your claims?

3. If eventually,you found out you've been wrong all along, How would you feel?,what impact would it make in your life and what would you do?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by tEsLim(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2011
As an Atheist

1. Make God show himself and stop hiding his face behind the cloud as he does according to the bible.

2. God should call everyone's phone number at the same time and tell them who he his (Remember he's omnipresent so he can super mulittask and be on the phone with everybody smiley )

3. If I've been wrong I will just work towards being right if I want to. And if I dont give a bleep about being right who cares.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Sweetnecta: 2:15am On Aug 21, 2011
[Quote]1. To Atheists and the religious; What sort of convincing evidence would it take would it take for you to switch sides?

2. Also what sort of evidence or event do you think would convince the entire world in one single day to support your claims?[/Quote]when an atheist can show me a famous bridge without a designer or those who work on it, that will make #1 a possibility. when a bridge suddenly appears without a designer or those who work on it, that will make #2 a possibility.

[Quote]3. If eventually,you found out you've been wrong all along, How would you feel?,what impact would it make in your life and what would you do?[/Quote]i will be happy because i have lived on the hope of existence of God making my life very fulfilled. if that belief has not been the primary force in my life, i would have believed that no bridge has a designer or those who worked on it, thinking tat every bridge appeared without a designer or those who worked on it. everything would have been an illusion and nothing could have been considered real.

my theme with the atheist is the bridge and its designer and those who worked on it.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by manmustwac(m): 3:18am On Aug 21, 2011
NWFX:

The debate between religious believers and Atheists have been raging on for quite some time now with each side passionately aiming to disprove the other's claims.
However, no one on both sides at least to my knowledge  has ever given a reasonable answer or at least asked this question enough to make a meaningful impact on the debate.So what is the question?

1. To Atheists and the religious; What sort of convincing evidence would it take would it take for you to switch sides?
The theists should stop defending thier God and tell God of the bible or God of the koran or whichever God they worship to stop hiding behind the clouds and replace the sun for 48 hours so we all can see that he is not imaginary.

NWFX:

2. Also what sort of evidence or event do you think would convince the entire world in one single day to support your claims?
Am afraid the answer to that question is not possible. Because the answer is there but theists refuse to see it. Man wrote the bible under the guidance of the holy spirit, but forgot to include the dinosaurs who were around at least 250 million years before God created the planet. Did God really create this planet and not know that dinosaurs existed in what he created?

NWFX:

3. If eventually,you found out you've been wrong all along, How would you feel?,what impact would it make in your life and what would you?
Well first of all HOW THE HELL AM I WRONG?

1)The planet is at least 4.5 billion years old according to scientists not 10'000 according to the bible.
2)There's nothing about dinosaurs which clearly existed in the bible?
3)Since God created Adam and Eve why isn't our DNA linked to both of them?

But then if i am wrong and God (who somehow managed to create and educate himself) decides to replace the sun for 48 hours to prove his existance then i along with our god fearing corrupt politicians also our pastors who buy expensive rides jets etc our thiefing policemen and all other bad nigerian people would have o change my ways and become born again. ITS NO BIG DEAL!

Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by mazaje(m): 6:11am On Aug 21, 2011
NWFX:

However, no one on both sides at least to my knowledge  has ever given a reasonable answer or at least asked this question enough to make a meaningful impact on the debate.So what is the question?

Nothing much really. . .God believers always claim that God perform miracles all the time. We have people that claim God heals them, magically protects them and makes them rich etc. . . .I will like to take them on their claims. . .Any God that can heal an amputee and restore the amputees limbs to the way it was before it was amputated is enough for me to believe. . .

There is no such evidence. . . .The evidence for me was personal, I gradually realized that most of what I believed to be true and part of my reality were false. . . . Discovered that all religions , all religious books and Gods were man made. Studied history ,human anthropology, history of the religions and other religions and Gods I wasn't told about. . . .I challenged some of the beliefs I held, like Juju, Rituals, demons, witches, wizards,   I slept in graveyards, confronted and fought with Juju men and women to see if they can harm me with their alleged spiritual powers, desecrated Juju shrines, hanged out with kids that were labeled child witches etc to see if they had any spiritual powers as people claimed, visited all these juju men that give charms and so called powers. . .Went to the prestigious healing houses all over Nigeria like the synagogue Church of all nations with real people that were sick with cancer, visited Islamic marabouts for special prayers and powers etc and realized that my beliefs were very wrong, must of what I believed was false cos every thing was not as it was alleged. . . .When it comes to religious beliefs, believing is seeing. . .Once you believe you see things. . .

3. If eventually,you found out you've been wrong all along, How would you feel?,what impact would it make in your life and what would you do?

No big deal. . .When I was very young I remember my dad telling me that my religion was Islam and that I had to believe in Allah and Muhammad. . .When he died my mum convinced me that Islam is a false religion and told me that Jesus was the way to the truth, when I became matured I studied both religions and discovered that they were all a creation of men and decided to leave both mythical beliefs. . .Am used to changing my position, if I realize that am wrong, I will simply change my position no big deal. . .
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Sweetnecta: 11:27am On Aug 21, 2011
[Quote]visited [b]Islamic marabouts [/b]for special prayers and powers etc and realized that my beliefs were very wrong, must of what I believed was false cos every thing was not as it was alleged. . . .When it comes to religious beliefs, believing is seeing. . .One you believe you see things. . [/Quote]the biggest sets of hypocrites in Islam. I do not want you to experiment to much and ave a tragic end, all of a sudden. Take it easy son.

I remember the story told to me of a man who doubted Islam, so he told his friend to shroud him and take him to the mosque for prayer on the dead. After the regular salah, the muslims lined up and made the prayer on the dead on the guy pretending to die.

After the prayer, they his friends were going to surprise the muslims that the joke was on the muslims, by uncovering him as still a living man. To their shock, when the unveil his face, he was dead; Allah as sent Angel of death to take is soul.

Mazaje, i know you are stubborn, done be a full to try it. Please. I only say this to let you know that Marabouts that you went to are no more than fetish people. Janaza prayer on the dead is ordained on muslims. No two janaza on any soul. No soul that they Janaza on will walk the face of the earth after it. His next destination is the grave.

[Quote]Quote

No big deal. . .When I was very young I remember my dad telling me that my religion was Islam and that I had to believe in Allah and Muhammad. . .When he died my mum convinced me that Islam is a false religion and told me that Jesus was the way to the truth, when I became matured I studied both religions and discovered that they were all a creation of men and decided to leave both mythical beliefs. . .Am used to changing my position, if I realize that am wrong, I will simply change my position no big deal. . .[/Quote]Note to self; Never marry a disbelieving women, they are not sincere with you. After your death, they will raise your progeny to be a disbeliever. We ave our example here.

which man created Islam? Give me his name and circumstance surrounding the creation of Islam. What gain is there for him? mention any gain e acquired from the creation of Islam.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2011
@sweetnecta, when you counter someone's comment, you should have the decency to show concrete evidence/facts and NOT sentiments. Islam,christianity,taoism,buddhism and other religions are creations of the human mind to explain mysteries unfathomable by mankind. It's all fairytales. Isn't it funny that religious people ALWAYS respond with threats and derogatory remarks when boggling questions about their faith is put to them? That's because religion itself is spread by inciting "fear of the unknown" to the gullible masses. Religion feeds on their insecurities. That is why reetards keep shelling out money to a "man of god" who has already acquired FOUR private jets and no one dares raise eyebrows. That is why brain dead islamic zombies are quick to shed innocent blood in the name of an allah they haven't seen. All they know is what they have been brainwashed and spoon fed with from childhood.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by mazaje(m): 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2011
Sweetnecta:

the biggest sets of hypocrites in Islam. I do not want you to experiment to much and ave a tragic end, all of a sudden. Take it easy son.

I remember the story told to me of a man who doubted Islam, so he told his friend to shroud him and take him to the mosque for prayer on the dead. After the regular salah, the muslims lined up and made the prayer on the dead on the guy pretending to die.

After the prayer, they his friends were going to surprise the muslims that the joke was on the muslims, by uncovering him as still a living man. To their shock, when the unveil his face, he was dead; Allah as sent Angel of death to take is soul.

This story is false. . . .As a Christians and a Muslim I always hear such stories. . . .This stories are just bandied around to strengthen belief. . .It  makes people believe and hold tightly unto their various religious beliefs. . . .We have Christians that talk about Mary, Jesus and angels appearing to them regularly to make others hold tightly unto the Christian religion no? Once I was told that the bible and the Koran were droped in a bucket of water and the bible rose to the top and floated while the koran sank to the bottom, such stories are nothing but urban legends. . . .Your story remains a lie and an urban legend. . . . .

Mazaje, i know you are stubborn, done be a full to try it. Please. I only say this to let you know that Marabouts that you went to are no more than fetish people. Janaza prayer on the dead is ordained on muslims. No two janaza on any soul. No soul that they Janaza on will walk the face of the earth after it. His next destination is the grave.

Am stubborn just the way you are also deluded, no?. . . .

Note to self; Never marry a disbelieving women, they are not sincere with you. After your death, they will raise your progeny to be a disbeliever. We ave our example here.

You are the disbeliever because about 80 percent of the worlds population consider Islam to be a myth, a pagan religion or some sort of delusion. . . .
which man created Islam?

Mohammed and his cronies, because before Mohammed there was nothing like Islam. . . .2000 years ago there was no religion called Islam. . . .

Give me his name and circumstance surrounding the creation of Islam.

His name is Mohammed, he had lots of cronies that helped him. . . .He wanted to seek power and recognition, and decided to create a religion that will give him that. . . .He stole his ideas from the religion of the Jews and Christians and created his own theology and culture using Islam and sold to others. . . . 

What gain is there for him? mention any gain e acquired from the creation of Islam.

He gained power, fame, follower-ship, reverence and wealth. . . .He also created a culture and made sure people lived according to what he dictated. . . . .
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2011
Did God kill the dinosaurs to sabotage the God before him grin
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2011
@lagerwhenindoubt, perhaps there were twin "Gods" and one killed the other. Or perhaps they both killed each other and that's why no one has seen,heard or touched him/her/them/it before.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by GrayBeard: 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2011
I really wonder how childish some people can be. u say u want God to show his face. what do you really imagine God is? A physical thing? That is just like asking sometin like gravity to show its face to u. na wah, see stupidity, dis olodo atheists sef
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by mazaje(m): 6:49pm On Aug 21, 2011
Gray Beard:

I really wonder how childish some people can be. u say u want God to show his face. what do you really imagine God is? A physical thing? That is just like asking sometin like gravity to show its face to u. na wah, see stupidity, dis olodo atheists sef

You keep shooting yourself in the foot when ever you say these things. . .According to the bible which you believe in the word of God. . .God showed Moses his back parts, no?. . .He also addressed his chosen people through public speech as well. . . .Many Christians today claim that God appears to them. . . .So your argument is pointless. . . .
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 7:18pm On Aug 21, 2011
@mazaje, abeg leave the dumb a$$ jare. Na so him go dey run him jagaga dustbin mouth like say him don see dis god before. Like I said earlier, instead of reetards like GRAY BEARD to provide concrete facts, they resort to shaming tactics.threats and unwarranted sentiments. All they know is what they have been taught from kindergarten. He says the atheists are "childish" and I wonder were to place him. Look at someone who at his age believes something he has not seen,heard or touched before. He reminds me of kids who are too scared of the dark that they can't get up to put on the light. If atheists are childish, then you are an overgrown toddler living in your second childhood!
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by petres007(m): 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2011
harakiri:

@mazaje, abeg leave the dumb a$$ jare. Na so him go dey run him jagaga dustbin mouth like say him don see dis god before. Like I said earlier, instead of reetards like GRAY BEARD to provide concrete facts, they resort to shaming tactics.threats and unwarranted sentiments. All they know is what they have been taught from kindergarten. He says the atheists are "childish" and I wonder were to place him. Look at someone who at his age believes something he has not seen,heard or touched before. He reminds me of kids who are too scared of the dark that they can't get up to put on the light. If atheists are childish, then you are an overgrown toddler living in your second childhood!

LOL@ the above grin grin grin

So you believe that anything that cannot be observed through our senses or current level of technology does not exist and cannot exist??

Anyways, as for Christianity, the bible does say that God will show his face someday. For example, of Christ's return the scripture says: "every eye will see him" (Rev 1:7). The bible also tells us who's going to be doing the "judging" on judgement day - Rom 2:16, Acts 17:13, 2 Tim 4:1

No need to worry, you will get to see him at some point. But it will no longer be possible to make a U-turn at that point as faith, God's #1 one requirement, will no longer be needed (or possible sef cheesy).

Lastly, save your breath. Quit calling for God to roll back the clouds and show his face now (or else, what? you won't believe?? grin). He will show up in his time. And no need to worry about missing it. No one will. At some point, everyone will get a glimpse - whether at his return or at the judgement.

Cheers!
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2011
@petres_007, you are a classic example of what I mentioned earlier (religious people using sentiments rather than concrete facts to buttress their claims). You are quoting from a "holy bible" that was endorsed by a pagan king (KING JAMES) who was neither a christian and neither did he believe in christianity but he saw the usefulness in utilizing a religion a lot of his people were already practising as a tool to have total control over them. Do you know how many times that bible has been manipulated,edited,texts removed and replaced etc Do you know how the biblical manuscripts were put together? What do you know about the council of Nicene? Do you know how many people died during the spread of christianity via bloody crusades? Do you know that in Jerusalem, the people there don't know who the biblical Jesus Christ is and they refer to him as a roman creation (which is true by the way) and yet, there are biblical accounts of him being in samaria,nazareth and jerusalem. Do you know how many inconsistencies and double talk there is in the bible? If I wasn't using my phone to type, I would have posted over 100 contradictory statements from that your "holy bible" (and they say he is not the god of confusion). You say he is a loving,merciful god and yet he encourages people to commit genocide,rrApE,iNncesT and so many heinous crimes (your bible is filled with numerous accounts). Don't bother quoting bible to me (I used to lead bible class back in my religious days) and I can boldly tell you, its all crap! The same white man who brought this religion to your forefathers is the same person that killed hundreds of thousands and carried millions of them as slaves! Aren't they great "role models"? Anywhere they go, they conquer the people and their beliefs after which they impose their own religion as a medium of mind control (which actually works). That is why religious zombies will keep shelling out money to a "man of god" who has already acquired FOUR jets and schools the average nigerian parent can't afford to send their kids. Two words : Mind control. The day you understand that is the day the scales will fall off your eyes and you'll see religion for the sham it really is. Nuff said! ! !

1 Like

Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 9:19pm On Aug 21, 2011
NWFX:

With one side having the facts and evidence more on their side than the other.

NWFX:

A worthy God would know even if a non-believer didn't.

NWFX:

Faith by its very nature ensures that this is not possible. Consider that what some call a "strong faith" implies a belief that is resistant to being changed in the face of overwhelming contrary evidence. e.g a person believing that zombies roamed a certain city that had people who could read and write requires faith.

NWFX:

I would feel happy to know I was wrong and would amend my ways. This of course depends on the sort of God we're talking about since I would deliberately disobey the sort of God depicted in most Holy Books.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2011
petres_007:

LOL@ the above grin grin grin

So you believe that anything that cannot be observed through our senses or current level of technology does not exist and cannot exist??

Anyways, as for Christianity, the bible does say that God will show his face someday. For example, of Christ's return the scripture says: "every eye will see him" (Rev 1:7). The bible also tells us who's going to be doing the "judging" on judgement day - Rom 2:16, Acts 17:13, 2 Tim 4:1

No need to worry, you will get to see him at some point. But it will no longer be possible to make a U-turn at that point as faith, God's #1 one requirement, will no longer be needed (or possible sef cheesy).

Lastly, save your breath. Quit calling for God to roll back the clouds and show his face now (or else, what? you won't believe?? grin). He will show up in his time. And no need to worry about missing it. No one will. At some point, everyone will get a glimpse - whether at his return or at the judgement.

Cheers!

Not necessarily that it cannot exist just that we would have no good reasons for believing that he does.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by petres007(m): 11:29pm On Aug 21, 2011
thehomer:

Not necessarily that it cannot exist just that we would have no good reasons for believing that he does.

No good reasons for believing he exists, shebi?

Tell me thehomer, do you really believe the universe came about by accident and no intelligence whatsoever was involved? Do you really, really believe that?

Awaiting your response.

harakiri:

@petres_007, you are a classic example of what I mentioned earlier (religious people using sentiments rather than concrete facts to buttress their claims). You are quoting from a "holy bible" that was endorsed by a pagan king (KING JAMES) who was neither a christian and neither did he believe in christianity but he saw the usefulness in utilizing a religion a lot of his people were already practising as a tool to have total control over them. Do you know how many times that bible has been manipulated,edited,texts removed and replaced etc Do you know how the biblical manuscripts were put together? What do you know about the council of Nicene? Do you know how many people died during the spread of christianity via bloody crusades? Do you know that in Jerusalem, the people there don't know who the biblical Jesus Christ is and they refer to him as a roman creation (which is true by the way) and yet, there are biblical accounts of him being in samaria,nazareth and jerusalem. Do you know how many inconsistencies and double talk there is in the bible? If I wasn't using my phone to type, I would have posted over 100 contradictory statements from that your "holy bible" (and they say he is not the god of confusion). You say he is a loving,merciful god and yet he encourages people to commit genocide,rrApE,iNncesT and so many heinous crimes (your bible is filled with numerous accounts). Don't bother quoting bible to me (I used to lead bible class back in my religious days) and I can boldly tell you, its all crap! The same white man who brought this religion to your forefathers is the same person that killed hundreds of thousands and carried millions of them as slaves! Aren't they great "role models"? Anywhere they go, they conquer the people and their beliefs after which they impose their own religion as a medium of mind control (which actually works). That is why religious zombies will keep shelling out money to a "man of god" who has already acquired FOUR jets and schools the average nigerian parent can't afford to send their kids. Two words : Mind control. The day you understand that is the day the scales will fall off your eyes and you'll see religion for the sham it really is. Nuff said! ! !

@harakiri,
This one na overload o! cheesy

Considering you typed all this on your phone! Gosh! You dey vex well well no be small o!! Cool down naa grin grin grin

Seriously, you raised quite a bunch of stuff there that'll need separate threads to discuss in detail. But I won't have the time to devote to such till maybe January smiley

I'll just briefly touch on the one that showed you haven't studied the God of bible well enough. . . and made me laugh wink

You said:

harakiri:

You are quoting from a "holy bible" that was endorsed by a pagan king (KING JAMES) who was neither a christian and neither did he believe in christianity but he saw the usefulness in utilizing a religion a lot of his people were already practising as a tool to have total control over them.

God is not restricted to only believers/christians when he needs to get things done, harakiri. wink

Everyone and everything, good and bad, christians and non-christians of all sorts, educated and illiterate, tall or short, white or black, dead or alive ( grin), angels and demons - all are under his sovereign will. All, including King James.

Who knows? Maybe the 17th century was when God felt it was time to have the bible compiled and publicly endorsed the way it was then. And it had to be someone of James' standing and wealth to accomplish. Christian or not.

King James may have thought (like you do) that he was only being smart and using it as pretext for gaining total control but behind the scenes I assure you, he was merely dancing to God's tune. It appears he danced really well too grin
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by EvilBrain1(m): 11:58pm On Aug 21, 2011
petres_007:

God is not restricted to only believers/christians when he needs to get things done, harakiri.  wink

Everyone and everything, good and bad, christians and non-christians of all sorts, educated and illiterate, tall or short, white or black, dead or alive ( grin), angels and demons - all are under his sovereign will. [b]All
, including King James. [/b]

Who knows? Maybe the 17th century was when God felt it was time to have the bible compiled and publicly endorsed the way it was then. And it had to be someone of James' standing and wealth to accomplish. Christian or not.

King James may have thought (like you do) that he was only being smart and using it as pretext for gaining total control but behind the scenes I assure you, he was merely dancing to God's tune. It appears he danced really well too   grin

And you know all this how? I'm not trying to make fun of you, It just seems like you know a lot about this "God" character and I'd like to know where you're getting your information from.

I hope its not the Bible because that would be circular reasoning. If your're getting it from someone else could you please give us the person's name or post a link so we can independently verify that the person is not a liar or a nutcase. I hope you're not going to claim that you have a special revelation because then I'd just assume you are making it all up (religious people have been known to do that in the past). If that's it maybe you could pull out your phone and take a pic for us the next time he appears to you.

Any rational athiest would concede that God (is likely to) exist(s) if he/she is confronted with convincing proof. The problem is there is no such proof.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by EvilBrain1(m): 12:03am On Aug 22, 2011
And it wouldn't take much to convince me. All I need is a minor divine intervention like a small rain of fire/brimstone to destroy some really evil, unrepentant sinners. The three arms zone in Abuja should be a excellent target in my opinion but let God be the judge. He should stop hiding and do something to silence the doubters. If either the Bible or the Qu'ran are true then he's done it plenty of times in the past, it shouldn't be such a big deal.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 12:12am On Aug 22, 2011
petres_007:

No good reasons for believing he exists, shebi?

Tell me thehomer, do you really believe the universe came about by accident and no intelligence whatsoever was involved? Do you really, really believe that?

Awaiting your response.
. . . .

There are various suggestions on how the universe came about but we are pretty certain that there was a singularity and an expansion which has continued. We are yet to encounter any reason for accepting that there was some sort of intelligence involved.
Also, realize that when we say something occurred by accident, that is an attempt at smuggling in some intelligence because without intelligence, there are no accidents. This is why volcano eruptions are not by accident (except if you wish to introduce a certain God concept), while dropping a glass in the act of drying it may be considered an accident.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 12:44am On Aug 22, 2011
@evil brain, Nice one there. They keep talking about this god as if he lives next door and all they have to buttress their point is a book of stories/myths and sunday-sunday brainwashing sessions! Utterly pathetic!
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by tEsLim(m): 7:47am On Aug 22, 2011
Yeah I guess there was twin gods. God their Father and Devil. So i guess devil knew whats up and that God of moses, isaac and jacoob was a liar and was giving all credits to himself even though him and devil created the world. Or something is just wrong with the bible story.

Because there must be reasons the devil [/b]must be angry against [b]god. And he plans to reveal secrets or show that god [/b]doesnt' have more power or rights over the creations than him the [b]devil.  Or maybe the two was dating or homos or something and relationship fell out; cos what woulda made the devil reneged?. Or both still hermaphrodites I'm just trying to help the religious people set the records right. They should have proof read the bible properly. As you can see Mohammed edited his scripts better and has more consistency and less contradictions but still very sentimental script with Mohammed's obvious lust for power.

And who is there saying atheist dont have facts. Ok ,  as an atheist I'll rather tell you my god is the internet or an Iphone and I can tell you what this gods can do and what they can't do! If there will ever be a god or if there is a god it can never be omniscience, omnipotent, omnibenevolent, omnipresent ; that statement itself is contradictory and confusing!

Anybody seen this movie: The Invention of Lie (The man in the Sky)?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by vedaxcool(m): 8:48am On Aug 22, 2011
Evil Brain:

And it wouldn't take much to convince me. All I need is a minor divine intervention like a small rain of fire/brimstone to destroy some really evil, unrepentant sinners. The three arms zone in Abuja should be a excellent target in my opinion but let God be the judge. He should stop hiding and do something to silence the doubters. If either the Bible or the Qu'ran are true then he's done it plenty of times in the past, it shouldn't be such a big deal.

You know there is a reason God gave us brain to think you know?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by mazaje(m): 9:35am On Aug 22, 2011
vedaxcool:

You know there is a reason God gave us brain to think you know?

How has he displayed his inability to think?. . . . .
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:20am On Aug 22, 2011
mazaje:

How has he displayed his inability to think?. . . . .

You forget much of Christianity is founded on FAITH, without it the cookie crumbles. It is not about his ability to think or reason,but his ability to believe without reason. An interesting concept definitely in the realm of the gods not man, sadly the "Christians" find themselves answering the awkward question of why Evil reigns - claiming that in due course God will rise and smite Evil forever, in the mean time Murders will kill new borns, hell will visit innocents whether they like it or not and Evil men will cause despair to the Good. but God is non-interventionists only hard, sweaty prayers can move his heart and hands to intervene,ordinarily he is just cool with watching the world go to shiit!
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by REPSNIG: 11:42am On Aug 22, 2011
thehomer:

We are yet to encounter any reason for accepting that there was some sort of intelligence involved.

Men, this is just the height of idiocy! Has this fellow ever studied the human brain for example? Just watch Nat Geo wild!
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by ragdollz: 2:49pm On Aug 22, 2011
YOU exist, therefore, GOD exists grin grin grin. That's what someone said once - but it doesn't even come close to defining the existence of God. Nothing on EARTH or beyond would ever make me believe there is no God. No teaching, philosophy or theory can do that!! Sorry tongue tongue
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by ronkebp(f): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2011
@ Poster why would you want to convince someone about God's existence when HIM (GOD) has not decided to reveal HIMSELF to that person.?, It is only done through GOD'S Will.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2011
ragdollz:

YOU exist, therefore, GOD exists  grin grin grin. That's what someone said once - but it doesn't even come close to defining the existence of God. Nothing on EARTH or beyond would ever make me believe there is no God. No teaching, philosophy or theory can do that!! Sorry  tongue tongue

So to what purpose is man's existence (not a rhetorical-corny joke) Summary Nourishment for the Gods, Eternal Worship or Cyclical Experiment
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by philip0906(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2011
atheists r just dumb. . .they try 2 bring in logic in their arguement,when they avoid simple logical questions.
The arguement is centered round God d CREATOR and we the CREATURES
and until atheists realise this and draw their arguements 4rm this rather than just drawing up some newton rubbish,the better 4 them.Been busy though,would love 2 hang around this thread
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by DaDoctor: 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2011
^^THE ANSWER LIES IN THE BELWO POST BEING UNRAVELLED^^

IS GOD ABLE TO DRIVE AWAY EVIL ON EARTH BUT NOT WILLING? OR IS HE WILLING BUT NOT ABLE?

UPON ITS ASSESMENT, THE CONCLUSION WILL BE REACHED THAT GOD REALLY EXISTS AND THE ATHEIST WILL SEE FROM A PHILOSOPHICAL VIEW THAT GOD REALLY EXIST BECAUSE; 'CORGITO ERGO SUM'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Dear Christians, Doesn't The Front Page Prove The Atheists Point? / I Condemn The Paris Attack / The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.