Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,188 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart (25165 Views)

Pitbull And Protege Sensato Remix Dbanj's Oliver Twist / Dbanj Oliver Twist Official Video HD / NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by titus3: 10:54pm On May 11, 2012
Okay, i just checked all the UK charts i know, and Dbanj no even dey the top 20 sef... Disgusting waste of my internet time angry
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by abbey37(m): 10:55pm On May 11, 2012
Haters Abeg make una go hug transformer jare.let me lecture you if you care to listen dbanj is a blessed by God,he his unique,his an entertainer,he has been a hit banger since tongolo to oliver twist,if his lyrics are wack and his vocals are poor and the only reason why he his a success is cos of Don jazzy's production like u claim how come he hasn't turn wande coal and others who has better lyrics and vocals into a bigger star than dbanj.dbanj is bound to succeed,you'll only continue to give urself heartbreak if you are waiting for his downfall.Irony of it all you hating Igbo boys 'll be the first to buy his album when it drops,MAVIN 'll crash like a pack of ice soon dbanj might end up coming to there rescue he his a good guy I trust him

4 Likes

Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by ifihearam: 10:57pm On May 11, 2012
Haterz no mara wot u say

Who God has blessed no fucking person on nairaland can curse

2 Likes

Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by MrGlobe(m): 10:58pm On May 11, 2012
titus3: Okay, i just checked all the UK charts i know, and Dbanj no even dey the top 20 sef... Disgusting waste of my internet time angry
why didnt you check Nairaland's UK top 20 Charts. Dbanj is number 1 there. I just confirmed now. Lmao at Easily decieved Nigerian people

1 Like

Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by MrGlobe(m): 11:01pm On May 11, 2012
Caporegime: dudes be fair and truthfull to urselves, donjazy is a great produce no doubt, but it takes a dbanj to make those beats count afterall dbanj aint the only1 he produces but dbanj is unique thats why their match was awesome. if a donjazy beats ends up with style-plus, it would most likely be just an ordinary beat, not that those dudes cant sing but its not just the right combo, or are ya'll saying jazzy is better than all the producers in Mecury? im no fan of either but lets get real...
you are dbanj's fan. Stop throwing rocks and hiding your hand
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by Rhino5dm: 11:05pm On May 11, 2012
. . .what are you? Is Don jazzy Ibo? SMH

Mr. Globe:

you are dbanj's fan. Stop throwing rocks and hiding your hand
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:07pm On May 11, 2012
pls where is dis link na? or are u all retards? since wen did shazam music discovery/identification service become a veritable chart for music?
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by MrGlobe(m): 11:17pm On May 11, 2012
How can a song that has not been released yet in the uk make it straight to Number 1? Unless you are Eminem or MJ. Many Nigerians are mad.
Anyway.... False alarms and false starts...
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by tolexbaba(m): 11:28pm On May 11, 2012
congrat mr d'banj............all ur emenies go die like fire.
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by vokalguy(m): 11:28pm On May 11, 2012
Mr. Globe:

why didnt you check Nairaland's UK top 20 Charts. Dbanj is number 1 there. I just confirmed now. Lmao at Easily decieved Nigerian people

So he is #1 on NL? Thats a start I guess...
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by gidson12(m): 11:39pm On May 11, 2012
what a lie, and it made the frontpage, our moderators are now more than lazy , they can't even confirm the authenticity of a news before rushing it to the front page, so pathetic, that is not uk urban dance chat
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by babyboy3(m): 11:39pm On May 11, 2012
pro01: The question is: WHO produced Oliver Twist? HE must be damn good. It's a dance track mind you, with little or no meaningful lyrical content and vocal contribution. . .so it's all down to the production. So again I have to ask: who produced this chart topping hit?

The main fact is Mohit relinquish the catalogue to all of Dbanj's music to him during the split so if you shine your eyes properly you would see Mercury record not Mohit or Mavin
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by babyboy3(m): 11:47pm On May 11, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by abuchilag: 11:52pm On May 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Na so ibo people come despise dbanj ? Bunch of sicktards !

What is wrong with this guy....pally why are u so tribalistic? If u don't have anything constructive to say,kindly keep quiet instead of making such offensive tribal comments. Grow up!

Seun pls monitor this guy's utterances
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 11, 2012
Congrats to D'banj, seems like some people will soon swallow blade because of bad belle . Amazing how emotional people get over fight wey no concern them. Keep going higher jare....osheeee!!!

1 Like

Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by Nobody: 12:01am On May 12, 2012
abuchilag:

What is wrong with this guy....pally why are u so tribalistic? If u don't have anything constructive to say,kindly keep quiet instead of making such offensive tribal comments. Grow up!

Seun pls monitor this guy's utterances

Look who is reporting me to seun like he's some kind of god beside him owning NL .I havent seen any ibo wishing this guy well simply because he dropped jazzy.Y'all should get real and stop tripping over this shit' besides dbanj doesnt give a fu-ck about what you imbecilic fucktards think.I'm sure you'd have been happy if you hear any negative news about him.Stu-pid folks,y'all can go fu-ck yourselves if you like but you cant stop dbanj cuz he is greater than you SOBs.

2 Likes

Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by lakode(m): 12:23am On May 12, 2012
I found this http://www.mtv.co.uk/music/charts/this-weeks-top-20#352387 , He was one of the top artist this week so probably at some point he was leading one of the categories , not really surprised if Lady Gaga can win awards with many of her half baked songs and wayward style why not Dbanj

"A real talent don't run after fame by all cost but fame finds them ", Fela didn't top no effing uk chart , even tuface didn't sooooooooo

4 Likes

Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by utimayor(m): 12:30am On May 12, 2012
[size=40pt]false news, bleeping noise makers[/size]

1 Like

Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by Areosapien(f): 1:24am On May 12, 2012
Dis one na NURTW top 20 charts.
Olodos and their fake news.

And the crap even made the front page. grin
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by igboboy1(m): 1:29am On May 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Let's go there. . . .surely goodness and mercy shall follow you oskibanj. . .Your enemies will always dance to your music to cure their headache.This is the beginning.e ti rin nken nken cheesy cheesy cheesy Bleep those mavin abi wetin they call themselves. grin

HAHA guy now i am convinced you and d'banj are either phocking or d guy dey pay you money..Now if na the latter, hala at your boy. I know we have clashed multiple times on NL but you see when it comes to ego matter me no dey see yoruba/igbo/hausa, all i see na the color of the ego..

As for the "phocking" statement, i talk am becasue of the way u just dey take panadol for another man headache i neva see, u say f'uc'k MAVIN meanwhile na D'banj and IDJA collabo for this remix so. Two of them dey congratulate each other for twitter yet una (fans of both) go dey carry the matter on a personal level. I hope say no be phokcing una dey do sha, i really hope na the ego levels una dey collabo for real so we go fit open business together nnabros and Olumide enterprises..
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by igboboy1(m): 1:37am On May 12, 2012
abbey37: Haters Abeg make una go hug transformer jare.let me lecture you if you care to listen dbanj is a blessed by God,he his unique,his an entertainer,he has been a hit banger since tongolo to oliver twist,if his lyrics are wack and his vocals are poor and the only reason why he his a success is cos of Don jazzy's production like u claim how come he hasn't turn wande coal and others who has better lyrics and vocals into a bigger star than dbanj.dbanj is bound to succeed,you'll only continue to give urself heartbreak if you are waiting for his downfall.[b]Irony of it all you hating Igbo boys 'll be the first to buy his album when it drops,[/b]MAVIN 'll crash like a pack of ice soon dbanj might end up coming to there rescue he his a good guy I trust him

in my igbo boy voice...Chai makachineke kuwe eziokwu.bia nna men why are you lying..we are buying it to sell o please dont mislead the public. dey talk true na

Alaba go sell their own,while we igbo boys go buy from the stores to sell am again to Yoruba boys, all na business thats why we are the least tribalisitic peeps in nigeria, we dont discriminate smiley .

We are busy thinking how to eat you ofe manus are thinking how to kill pesin cos im no get tiger scratch face or no come for ile ife...Nna e ga dikwa very very kiaful. ONE LOVE JAH BLESS smiley
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by obailala(m): 1:57am On May 12, 2012
Its really disgusting how adults come online everyday fighting foolishly over tribal superiority. What on earth has the dbanj/don jazzy row got to do with igbo/yoruba??

With the senseless arguments here, one would begin to think wande, tiwa and Sid are all igbo

2 Likes

Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by Aringon(m): 2:00am On May 12, 2012
This is what illuminati does to uu when you join them, they take u to the top when u sell ur sold to the devil.

We shuud stop all these tribal remarks against each other, Don Jazzy produced that song and credit to him. Let us look at the end of his career and watch out if any member of Dbanj family die in ANY form(accident, plane crash,murder etc) and that will be sacrifice to take him to the very top.
Afterall his american oga now sacrificed his mother for fame and all that.

I wish him well though and no beefing
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by queensmith: 3:09am On May 12, 2012
He's on the pre release charts, I think it ranks for things like airtime and pre release purchases. The celebration is early and pretty misleading (he isn't actually on any official chart) but worth celebrating nontheless! I initially thought it was an outright lie. Can't blame the Nigerians for trying! probably unfamiliar with charting systems.

1 Like

Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by bashr8: 3:30am On May 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Look who is reporting me to seun like he's some kind of god beside him owning NL .I havent seen any ibo wishing this guy well simply because he dropped jazzy.Y'all should get real and stop tripping over this shit' besides dbanj doesnt give a fu-ck about what you imbecilic fucktards think.I'm sure you'd have been happy if you hear any negative news about him.Stu-pid folks,y'all can go fu-ck yourselves if you like but you cant stop dbanj cuz he is greater than you SOBs.
idiot, is don jazzy an igbo man ? your just another half baked oloduwa go and find out where don jazzy is from first before commenting .
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by igboboy1(m): 4:31am On May 12, 2012
obailala: Its really disgusting how adults come online everyday fighting foolishly over tribal superiority. What on earth has the dbanj/don jazzy row got to do with igbo/yoruba??

With the senseless arguments here, one would begin to think wande, tiwa and Sid are all igbo

and one would think you were igbo..smh
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by londoner: 5:16am On May 12, 2012
If taht is true then congrats for him and Don Jazzy. If anything the attention will go to Don jazzy, because if its the dance charts then its about the beat of the song, behind which reveals don jazzy. I doubt many people in the UK even understand the lyrics of the song.

People will be looking for Don Jazzy as he made the beat........

Either way its win win for Nigerian music and we have proved that we can make it with an all Nigerioan outfit....whther the Kanyes of this world sign us or not.
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by REMMEI(m): 5:34am On May 12, 2012
angry

WE NOW HAVE TEAM D'BANJ AND TEAM JAZZY ON NL..LET SEE WHERE THIS TAKE YOU ALL GROWN FA NADA ADULTS ON NL FIGHTING AND ABUSING EACH TIME THEY HEAR GOODNEWS BOUT D'BANJ..

SOME FOO.LZ ARE EVEN WISHING HIM DEATH OR ANY OF HIS FAMILY MEMBER DEATH COS THEY BELIEVED WITH THEIR GULLED BRAIN THAT HE'S A MEMBER OF THE ILLUMINATI..

NO WONDER SOME RETARDZ ON HERE NEVER MAKE IT BEYOND NL...KEEP HATING HATERS..AWON ODE OSHI..

1 Like

Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by deenee: 5:45am On May 12, 2012
The UK version of the song is not yet out but in all sincerity, he is number one on the pre order chart. Kudos to him. This however is not an indication that the song (not an album) will be a huge success. The pre order system is like a survey system so to speak that is used to ascertain the acceptability of a new product of service. In this regard, people are asked to make a commitment to purchase a certain product or service in advance to quantify its level of acceptability. There is a financial commitment with a guaranteed refund policy.

The truth is that entertainers abroad don't make money from album sales any more unless you are Adele or Lady gaga. The real money comes from shows and concerts. We Nigerians have just fallen for the oldest marketing trick in the book. Dbanj and his lot have succeeded in creating a lot of buzz and media frenzy around him and everybody(both those loyal to don jazzy, his own die hard fans and even people that don't know him) are eager to listen to the UK version of oliver twist come 14-05-2012.

In my own opinion, I think that it is rather too early to judge Dbanj's solo career based on one song which was originally written and produced by Don jazzy just as it will be unfair to judge Don jazzy based on the Solar Plexus album alone. Besides, Dbanj himself has confirmed in prior interviews that the remix was produced by Don jazzy himself but it will be released under his new record label which by the way is not GOOD music!.

Let's see what Dbanj's new album will sound like and whether he will be accepted by the 'international audience' he is trying to appeal to, once all this media frenzy has died down. Success in the entertainment industry is a marathon and not a 100 meters race. You can ask veterans like MJ, Madonna, KWAM 1, KSA etc and take a cue from the likes of Majek Fashek, Felix Liberty,Vanilla Ice,MC Hammer just to mention a few. I wish both parties the best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by hassymo5(m): 5:54am On May 12, 2012
that song was produced by don jazzy. He should sing another song produced by an americam producer and let hear it!!!
Re: Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart by Chanchit: 6:18am On May 12, 2012
Caporegime: dudes be fair and truthfull to urselves, donjazy is a great produce no doubt, but it takes a dbanj to make those beats count afterall dbanj aint the only1 he produces but dbanj is unique thats why their match was awesome. if a donjazy beats ends up with style-plus, it would most likely be just an ordinary beat, not that those dudes cant sing but its not just the right combo, or are ya'll saying jazzy is better than all the producers in Mecury? im no fan of either but lets get real...
Plz can u give me some names of the producers in mercury, and can they do this dance beat like don j, since u knw already that they are better...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

IK Osakioduwa Leaves Rhythm FM After 18 Years / Bella Shmurda "World": Lyrics & Review / Rock Music Is Satanic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.