Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands (16874 Views)

Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by shadrach77: 4:32am On May 12, 2012
Yekini's Corpse Must Be Exhumed -Wife

| Print | E-mail
Written by Nurudeen Alimi
Saturday, 12 May 2012
ONE of the wives of former Nigerian international Rashidi Yekini, Rita, has demanded that the body of the late Nigerian striker be exhumed for autopsy.

Rita, based in the United Kingdom, was in Ira, Kwara State, on Wednesday, in company of the daughter she bore for Rashidi Yekini, to pay their last respects to the late player.

However, a family source confided in Saturday Tribune-sports that Rita was enraged by the stories she heard about the way Rashidi died and in altercation with the family members, demanded that his corpse be exhumed for proper autopsy.

When Rita informed Rashidi's relatives of her trip to Ira, those who know her sensed that she was not going to take the issue lying low.

Inciden-tally, Yekini's family is said to hold Rita in high esteem as they got in touch with her immediately Rashidi died.

''Rita is the person who broke the news of the death of Rashidi to most of his friends in Nigeria, the family really has a lot of respect for her.''

Saturday Tribunesports gathered that Rita had been briefed on the circumstances surrounding Yekini's death, as she had earlier called that the burial be delayed until she arrived Nigeria.

However, Rashidi, being a muslim, was interred the following day after his death.

Tribunesports findings revealed that Yekini's relatives stormed his home located at Oni and Sons area of Ibadan on Tuesday, April 10, to take him away for treatment as he was claimed to have mental crisis. Neighbours claimed Yekini resisted being taken away and this led to a scuffle, suggesting he must have struggled with his captors till he died.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/sports/7382-yekinis-corpse-must-be-exhumed-wife.html
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by Nasri100(m): 3:23pm On May 14, 2012
**speechless**
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 14, 2012
She must allow the dead to rest in peace. Deed has been done, and where was this powerful and well-respected "Ex-Wife" when Rashidi was cash-strapped and deranged. Hypocrite is an English word.

14 Likes

Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by true2god: 3:25pm On May 14, 2012
I dont thing all dis is necessary cos its not goin to bring yekini back.
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 14, 2012
[size=18pt]hmm![/size]
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by macphilip: 3:29pm On May 14, 2012
his Corpse would already be rotten by now.
Medicine after death
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by Boyoorisha: 3:30pm On May 14, 2012
LeoMax: She must allow the dead to rest in peace. Deed has been done, and where was this powerful and well-respected "Ex-Wife" when Rashidi was cash-strapped and deranged. Hypocrite is an English word.

Rashidi was not that broke!
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by knight351(m): 3:30pm On May 14, 2012
...dead and buried! Let go!
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by tunes2k10(m): 3:33pm On May 14, 2012
excuse me, i thought there is "EX" attached to the wife.......
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by knight351(m): 3:36pm On May 14, 2012
macphilip: his Corpse would already be rotten by now.
Medicine after death
stupid decision, u wana carryout an autopsy on rotten organs? He died of lack of money! Dats my autopsy report!
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by Jabioro: 3:44pm On May 14, 2012
Where was she when rumuors was everywhere concerning yekinni.make she go sit down.l beg!
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 14, 2012
LeoMax: She must allow the dead to rest in peace. Deed has been done, and where was this powerful and well-respected "Ex-Wife" when Rashidi was cash-strapped and deranged. Hypocrite is an English word.

With due respect, this is a nonsensical point of view. There is a STRONG possibility that this man was killed, considering the accounts of how he was forcefully abducted from his home. Yet, you're saying that his death should not be investigated because "the deed has been done". How rididulous does that sound? Essentially, you are condoning the evil and criminal act of murder. I sincerely hope you would also hold the same opinion if someone dear to you is murdered tomorrow; otherwise the 'hypocrite' word would also apply to you.

3 Likes

Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by janykute: 3:51pm On May 14, 2012
tunes2k10: excuse me, i thought there is "EX" attached to the wife.......
I thought it was only me that saw that.
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by Revolva(m): 4:01pm On May 14, 2012
@okija juju
you are a stupid and senseless tribalist and you should be casted in a pit full of scorpion.
You started this tribe talk in a sensitive topic like this, am not yoruba but we all are one

3 Likes

Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by sweethunibun(m): 4:02pm On May 14, 2012
Gud
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by freecocoa(f): 4:05pm On May 14, 2012
What a world!

I wonder why most human beings are like that,they only come to show themselves when someone they could have helped when in need dies.
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by freecocoa(f): 4:09pm On May 14, 2012
Revolva: am not yoruba but we all are one
Not to encourage anything but that statement is highly overrated.

2 Likes

Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by inene: 4:13pm On May 14, 2012
Gentlemen, the comment about the Yourba's is absolutely uncalled for and should be withdrawn. The appearance of an ex-wife at this juncture is also totally irrelevant. I dont know what gives her the locus to ask that the corpse be exhumed. She has no locus and being an ex-wife is irrelevant, what if the other ex-wife counters her demand. The soul of the departed soccer star should be allowed to rest in peace. It would require a court order to exhume the body and no judge will give such an order as it would be frivilous. I believe that there is a more than meets the eye in the death but the sort of investigation this 'oyibo' wife wants will lead to nothing. She abandoned her post when her presence would have mattered. Let her not further insult our sensibilities with rash demand for the exumation of the corpse.
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by Onyocha: 4:29pm On May 14, 2012
i think civilized people would support the effort being made by his ex-wife.regardless,if he had divorced her,she bore him a daughter and her effort to know the truth should be commended as humane.before,even the body is exhumed for autopsy,the police should make sure those who forcefully dragged Yekini from his house are arrested as suspects.so,i believe everyone should assist the woman to get down to the truth.if this case dies down,then everyone should expect more of the same thing to happen again.tomorrow,it could be you or me who others want to take advantage of.and if such incidents are taken with no seriousness,then many innocent people still alive will fall victim.let justice be served.there is nothing wrong with exhuming his body for medical test.let evil people and murderers don't use the Muslim rite of burying the dead quickly as excuse to evade justice and bury the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by Revolva(m): 4:37pm On May 14, 2012
@freecocoa
overrated in what sense am just tryin to make him understand that despite am not in support 4 his tribalist way of postin. Let him dont fink am a yoruba also,i may be from his tribe or not but dont support him
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 14, 2012
Onyocha: i think civilized people would support the effort being made by his ex-wife.regardless,if he had divorced her,she bore him a daughter and her effort to know the truth should be commended as humane.before,even the body is exhumed for autopsy,the police should make sure those who forcefully dragged Yekini from his house are arrested as suspects.so,i believe everyone should assist the woman to get down to the truth.if this case dies down,then everyone should expect more of the same thing to happen again.tomorrow,it could be you or me who others want to take advantage of.and if such incidents are taken with no seriousness,then many innocent people still alive will fall victim.let justice be served.there is nothing wrong with exhuming his body for medical test.let evil people and murderers don't use the Muslim rite of burying the dead quickly as excuse to evade justice and bury the truth.

WELL SAID!
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by MmuoOkija: 4:58pm On May 14, 2012
freecocoa: Not to encourage anything but that statement is highly overrated.

Help me tell am o!!

Although you and I are still one sha!!

Revolva: @okija juju
you are a stupid and senseless tribalist and you should be casted in a pit full of scorpion.
You started this tribe talk in a sensitive topic like this, am not yoruba but we all are one

Erm!!

Okay!!

@ TOPIC

The truth is that I dont think Yekini wanted help.

That guy either had a mental problem or was in a place of Zen where material things didnt entice him anymore..

If he wanted to make a million bucks, all he had to do was walk into the office of any of the GLO's, MTN's, AIRTEL, PEAK MILK and co and voila he would have an advert deal worth millions.

His death should be investigated, but I do not agree that Yekini was helpless.

1 Like

Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by Limaoscar: 5:17pm On May 14, 2012
***This is really shocking!! Yoruba people and evil are synonymous***

Seun, Ban this Kolomental Okija-Winch now, wey dey always take tribalism dey de-rail thread.

1 Like

Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by freecocoa(f): 5:19pm On May 14, 2012
Revolva: @freecocoa
overrated in what sense am just tryin to make him understand that despite am not in support 4 his tribalist way of postin. Let him dont fink am a yoruba also,i may be from his tribe or not but dont support him
like i said,I wouldn't want this to linger but just know that,we aren't one in this country,nairaland has obviously opened our eyes to that.
Re: Exhume Yekini's Corpse - Ex Wife Rita Demands by Redhot111(m): 5:21pm On May 14, 2012
Make dem give the woman hoe, digger and shovel now. If she fit dig am she go fit stand d look of d rotten body? Na shit dey hungry am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years / Pictures Of The Bet9ja Game That Won 30 Million Naira In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.