Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Enemies Of The Ordinary - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Enemies Of The Ordinary (937 Views)

Ten Enemies To Your Visions / The Six Enemies Of Greatness (and Happiness) / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enemies Of The Ordinary by Dashoff(m): 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2007
ENEMIES OF THE ORDINARY

If a man is called a Street Sweeper, he should Sweep Streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the host of Heaven and Earth will pause to say, here lived a great Street Sweeper who did his job well. These were the words of Martin Luther King.

It is obvious in Nigeria today that the economic situations and conditions have subdued the common Nigerian. Walking on the streets on Nigeria are people that are less concerned about the future compared to instant gratification, people that betray their future for terminal dividends.

People are hesitant in placing themselves in classes than they are talking about it.

As we walk through the time, we must look beyond the present and plunge into the future, we must build a foundation that an expected future would lie on. We must forever strive to go an extra mile, strive to surpass our peers, and strive to be exceptional.

I am not unmindful of the fact that some of us have gone through enough trials both avoidable and unavoidable ones. Some of us have made one or more errors due to our lackadaisical disposition to life.

In spite of all these, there must be a vision, there must be goals, there must be aspirations and above all there must be determination and a strong and unshaken will to be exceptional.

I chose not to be Ordinary, I chose to be exceptional, I chose to leave a mark, and I choose to leave my footprint on the sand of time.

To walk within the lines will make my life boring, I’d rather be anything than Ordinary.

kEep WalkINg

wink Drop a line or two before you leave
Re: Enemies Of The Ordinary by ganjamind(m): 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2007
sadYea bro i feel u deep, my ppl kill themselves for ephemeral pleasures no value for human lyfe its the oil they treasure/Every kid got their role models as a superstar boys n gals dream to drive a super car/ This puts them in a state of the odinary,an ordinary mind state(common wishes), Im walkin with u my brother, Keep walkin, one luv cool

(1) (Reply)

Cibn / Cheating In Exxonmobil Hr / Training As An Automotive Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.