Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle (8095 Views)

See Another Reason We Should Cycle Check Our Vehicles Before Driving:photo / Toyota Creates Awesome Off-road Sienna / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by WhoIGoAsk: 9:32pm On May 16, 2012
Designed to mimic the speed and height of walking, the Uni-Cub's lithium batteries power a trick wheel that can move any direction. Using sensors on the seats, riders simply shift their weight in the direction they wish to travel -- there's also a smartphone control app -- and the unit rides high so that the riders have eye contact with people not cool enough to glide around the office up to 3.7 miles on a charge.

Honda says it will begin testing the Uni-Cub next month with a Japanese research museum. But like all great inventions, the true value of the Uni-Cub may lie well beyond the inventor's concept. if Honda really wants to try it out, I'd suggest either a college dorm or a preschool, someplace where riders will test the extremes of the self-balancing system. A drag race with a fire extinguisher-powered office chair would also be welcome.

1 Like

Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by blackboi(m): 12:06pm On May 18, 2012
An evidence of a country's investment in youth/education.
Which way Africa??

2 Likes

Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 18, 2012
Bastarrrrrrrddddddd!!! grin
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 18, 2012
Who I Go Ask?:
Designed to mimic the speed and height of walking, the Uni-Cub's lithium batteries power a trick wheel that can move any direction. Using sensors on the seats, riders simply shift their weight in the direction they wish to travel -- there's also a smartphone control app -- and the unit rides high so that the riders have eye contact with people not cool enough to glide around the office up to 3.7 miles on a charge.

Honda says it will begin testing the Uni-Cub next month with a Japanese research museum. But like all great inventions, the true value of the Uni-Cub may lie well beyond the inventor's concept. if Honda really wants to try it out, I'd suggest either a college dorm or a preschool, someplace where riders will test the extremes of the self-balancing system. A drag race with a fire extinguisher-powered office chair would also be welcome.

Damn! This Japs don come again. In fact we're still in d dinosaur age in 9ja due to ppl like bros Jona, BANK-OLE, Ibori, & d remaining 96% of decision makers in dis counry.

1 Like

Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by ceejayluv(m): 12:17pm On May 18, 2012
Thats it, i'm leaving Africa!
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by maclatunji: 12:22pm On May 18, 2012
I loff the concept.
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 18, 2012
wise_many2k:

Damn! This Japs don come again. In fact we're still in d dinosaur age in 9ja
You can say that again.
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by icemann(m): 12:46pm On May 18, 2012
It will be a nice idea to make a version with vibrating seats, and not for females grin grin

1 Like

Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by rexfada(m): 12:47pm On May 18, 2012
What an innovation. I love it!
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by rexfada(m): 12:50pm On May 18, 2012
Bros see where u dey tink go. Well, na ur own kind of innovation be that sha, keep it up!
icemann: It will be a nice idea to make a version with vibrating seats, and not for females grin grin
Bros see where u dey tink go. Well, na ur own kind of innovation be that sha, keep it up!
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by sylve11: 12:53pm On May 18, 2012
Laudable!!! Well don Jap, well done! cool
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by humblebee: 1:25pm On May 18, 2012
and yet im not sure ive heard of a company that produces bicycles here in Nigeria even after hundreds of years of its existence
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by killuminati(m): 1:36pm On May 18, 2012
O buoy see runs! Nice one!!
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by ITbomb(m): 1:42pm On May 18, 2012
their laziness don reach level wey dem no fit Waka from one office to another?

1 Like

Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by jimjones: 1:50pm On May 18, 2012
ITbomb: their laziness don reach level wey dem no fit Waka from one office to another?

bless you, masa. the world is steadily getting overrun by fat fc.uks in this age of inactivity....yet these idiats still seek to do away with necessary activities such as walking within the office. smh
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by eghost247(m): 1:52pm On May 18, 2012
humblebee: and yet im not sure ive heard of a company that produces bicycles here in Nigeria even after hundreds of years of its existence
lol
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by ibrowisky(m): 2:46pm On May 18, 2012
hw can i predict that this is a true :
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by efeboy(m): 3:23pm On May 18, 2012
ITbomb: their laziness don reach level wey dem no fit Waka from one office to another?

Thought so myself, but hey read the piece again and find this part -

Who I Go Ask?:
'But like all great inventions, the true value of the Uni-Cub may lie well beyond the inventor's concept'.

Who says this invention might not become useful for the elderly and/or infirm. More-so, you can't fault the Japanese way

of living. Those guys, those Asians, they live way way healthier than we do here in Nigeria.
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by Afam4eva(m): 4:04pm On May 18, 2012
Yahooo boys, put your knowledge into something meaningful.
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by lagcity(m): 4:23pm On May 18, 2012
pls don't bring this machine to america. ppl here need some exercise abeg.
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 18, 2012
afam4eva: Yahooo boys, put your knowledge into something meaningful.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by Afolabs101: 4:26pm On May 18, 2012
Who I Go Ask?:
Using sensors on the seats, riders simply shift their weight in the direction they wish to travel

But if you fart while riding it the result could be disastrous shocked The rider may end up taking a wrong turn down a long flight of stairs!!

1 Like

Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by calabaman(m): 4:41pm On May 18, 2012
Afolabs101:

But if you fart while riding it the result could be disastrous shocked The rider may end up taking a wrong turn down a long flight of stairs!!
hahaha! You are so funny
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 18, 2012
This butt-cycle makes sense. I want one.
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by jude33084(m): 6:24pm On May 18, 2012
careytommy:
You can say that again.

Ibeg make dem no carry am enter Naija yet o because our WaZoBians go use am trafle go fillage.
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by Isaactop9(m): 6:44pm On May 18, 2012
undecided naija bad roads, even in the offices undecided
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by koko3: 6:56pm On May 18, 2012
NIGERIA- An anti-research/development country.
I remember all the ideas and dreams I had to make an impact through invention...
Used my hard earned resources to make researches and come up with evidences at Expos and Exhibitions attended by top government officials,
All I get are promises which were never fulfilled..
Thank God today, I diverted to doing something that puts enough food on my table and gives me joy.

Nigeria my country
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:16pm On May 18, 2012
jim jones:

bless you, masa. the world is steadily getting overrun by fat fc.uks in this age of inactivity....yet these idiats still seek to do away with necessary activities such as walking within the office. smh

Hmm... Have you thought of the possibilities for those who can't walk in the first place
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by nep2ra(m): 11:41pm On May 18, 2012
Those Japanese babes are hot!!!
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by meerkat(m): 9:50am On May 19, 2012
Funny comments here. keep it up.
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by Xionez(m): 12:57pm On May 19, 2012
Hmmm, if pesin get biggie bum bum, how she go take manage cuz any extra movement may upset the "delicate" balance on the cycle and if th....what am I saying sef, Japanese no too fat. Wahala go dey if dem start dey take this concept abroad. Me I don slim amd I dey ready, make dem carry am come my side make I test am.
Re: Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle by kingroyce: 1:05pm On May 20, 2012
We have so many profs and engineers producing only sweet english and writing (copied books) pityful.I'm sure youngstars made this honda cycle

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Get A Place To Do Diagnostic/scan In Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland / Bonanza!!!Auto Diagnostics and Scanning services. / Which Is Best Car Tracker?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.