Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) (3388 Views)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Two Gay Men Got Married In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Dating Married People: Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by babuji(f): 10:09pm On May 16, 2012
Read below, the story of a woman mourning the loss of her daughter,

It is indeed a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God!

Thanks.

HER STORY....................It is almost a year since my daughter Fadeke died and though it is very Painful recounting the details of her death to the public, I need to do this in the hope that other young ladies will learn from her story.

My husband and I are in our early fifties and besides Fadeke, the eldest, we have three other children. Over the years, we did our best to impart sound morals and values into our children though we did not become committed Christians until about five years ago. All our children are single and live at home with us.

About eighteen months ago, Fadeke began having headaches; we did not make much of this and she took analgesics whenever the headaches came but when the headaches became persistent, she went to her office clinic to see the doctor.

She was treated for malaria and typhoid and for a while she seemed okay but the headaches soon returned with a vengeance. Her condition became so serious that she had to take her annual leave because we felt that she just needed to rest. She spent most of leave sleeping and occasionally watching TV and by the time she resumed back at work, she had fully recovered.

Everything went smoothly for about two months then Fadeke started complaining about the headaches again and it was now accompanied by dizziness. This time around, my husband insisted on a full medical check-up for her but when she did this, the doctor still could not determine what was wrong with her. We even had her tested for HIV but the results came back negative; we were perplexed and did not know what to do. Fadeke was in pain and getting weaker by the day; at that point, my husband and I went to tell our church leadership about it, we were in dire need of physical, emotional and spiritual support.

When our pastor heard all that was going on, he advised us to join him in a three days prayer and fasting session to seek the face of the Lord. We were more than willing so for the following three days, our family asked God to show us the cause of Fadeke's ailment and give us a way out of the situation.

When I went to bed on the night of the last day of the praying and fasting, I had a dream. In the dream, I saw the Lord and He told me that Fadeke's condition was a result of an action she took. He said that she had "gone against covenant" by dating a married man; the man's wife was a committed Christian and He was fighting her battles for her. I was alarmed and woke up in a panic; immediately, I woke my husband up, told him of my dream and we began to pray for God's mercy.

The next morning, we told our pastor about my dream and he said that the way out was to find out the identity of the woman and get her to forgive Fadeke but when we confronted Fadeke, she denied being in a relationship with a married man. It was as if Fadeke's denial triggered something because her condition grew worse and she had to be admitted but the doctors could not really help, as they could not pinpoint what was wrong with her.

A few days later, I called one of Fadeke's closest friends, Gladys, and told her about my dream and asked her if she knew the person Fadeke was dating; Gladys told me that Fadeke was indeed dating one of her married colleagues in the office. I was alarmed at this because I felt that my husband and I had brought her up to know better than that but evidently, I was wrong.

On further prompting, Gladys told me that Fadeke had been dating the man for a little over three months when his wife somehow got to know about their affair.

Fadeke had told her that the woman had gotten her phone number from her husband's phone and pleaded with her to leave her husband alone but Fadeke had responded by telling the woman to stop disturbing and to sort the issue out with her husband (I was stunned when I heard this). When her pleas met deaf ears, the woman had told Fadeke that she gave her seven days to stop the affair or else she would have herself to blame then she dropped the phone.

The next day, Fadeke had told her lover about the conversation with his wife and he had apparently gone home afterwards and warned his wife off Fadeke; that was the last Fadeke and Gladys heard of the woman. Fadeke's health problem had started barely a month after that incident. I was horrified that my daughter could behave in such a manner but all I was concerned about was the way forward. Without further ado, I decided to seek out the man Fadeke was dating in her office with the hope that I could get to meet his wife through him.

At first, Gladys told me that the man, Jude, did not want to meet with me but I persisted and after I threatened to go to his office he reluctantly agreed to meet my husband and I. Jude was a good-looking young man in his mid-thirties and upon enquiry, he told us that he had been married for just five years; his wife, Nneka, was a banker and they have one child.

Jude was obviously uneasy about meeting with us and we tried our best to set his mind at ease; we had gone past the point of condemnation, we just wanted our daughter healed. My husband told him about my dream and then we told him that we would like to meet his wife so we could ask her to forgive Fadeke.

Jude told us that she had recently traveled out of the country on a two weeks vacation but he promised to call her and give her my number so we could talk; there was nothing left for my husband and I to do than wait for her call.

One morning about a week later, Jude and his wife came to see my husband and I. Immediately after the introductions Nneka went down on her knees and recounted her side of the incident. Apparently, after Fadeke's refusal to end her affair with Jude and his quarrel with Nneka over her phone call to Fadeke, their relationship deteriorated. They fought constantly and Nneka said that she felt like a fool when after her "seven days ultimatum" to Fadeke, it was obvious that Jude and her were still dating; he still came home late from work and continued answering some late night and weekend calls in a low voice.

She said that she was very disturbed by this then one day while praying, God told her to stop fighting Jude and that she should leave the battle to Him. She had obeyed God by changing her attitude towards Jude and the whole situation.

Nneka said that she had been shocked when on her return to the country, Jude told her about our visit and Fadeke's condition. Nneka told us that she did not know that God would vindicate her in this manner and that she had forgiven Fadeke. I wish I could say that my daughter recovered after this but Fadeke was unrepentant about her actions.

Fadeke was in the hospital for about two months before she went into a coma and never regained consciousness.

Comments

Covenant is not a strange concept to African cultures. It is fairly common to find families and communities to enter into covenant with other families, communities or even local gods. When this happens, both parties to the covenant understand that they have become one; it is understood that whatever happens to one party automatically happens to the other and they also have common friends and enemies. Covenants are serious matters and any disloyalty to the terms of a covenant means death.

Marriage is a covenant (not contract) relationship between a man and a woman. This is why the Bible says that when a man and a woman get married, they become one flesh. In a marriage, a couple stands as one united entity and all friends and foes are common to them; it goes against covenant for one person to have a friend that is unacceptable to his/her spouse, it is taboo! If you are married, you must not continue with any relationship that makes your spouse uncomfortable much less enter into an adulterous relationship.

The Bible also says that it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of God (Hebrews 10: 31). If man chases you, you can run to God but when God chases you, whom can you run to? It is for this reason that I tell wives that when they come against the hold of strange women over their husbands and petition God in prayer, they should pray for the salvation of those mistresses. Maybe if Nneka had prayed for Fadeke's salvation, she might not have remained hard-hearted and she might have been able to receive God's mercy. Maybe.

Parents, it is also important that we constantly keep a prayer cover over our children. Recognize that you are only their caregivers and dedicate them back to God; He alone is able to preserve them. You cannot watch over them 24 hours a day and neither will they always tell you the things that they get into but nobody and nothing escapes the eyes of God. Pray for your children, no matter their age. Teach them to love and fear the Lord, help them to develop a loving and deep relationship with their Heavenly Father and you will not have cause for regret.

Are you dating a married man or woman? Your life is in danger particularly when his wife or husband is a Christian. "Don't you realize how patient He is being with you? Or don't you care? Can't you see that He has been waiting all this time without punishing you to give time to turn from your sin? His kindness is meant to lead you to repentance" (Romans 2: 3). Please repent and retrace your steps.

1 Like

Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by babuji(f): 12:32pm On May 17, 2012
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by merge(f): 1:31pm On May 17, 2012
Any woman that comes near what is mine will see death.
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by moremi2008(m): 2:27pm On May 17, 2012
Sad and touching story but I find it difficult to believe that God would punish only Fadeke and leave Jude. The story sounds a little self-serving to me; as if Jude was this innocent man standing by the wayside and a hungry Fadeke clubbed him on the head and dragged him into her liar. It always takes two to tango and Nneka should have been on her knees interceding for her husband before God, not seeking revenge on the woman he is cheating with. I also find it hard to believe that the prayers of Fadeke's parents and pastor did not move God to show mercy.

Nice but fake story. It has a good moral lesson though! grin

6 Likes

Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by plaetton: 2:46pm On May 17, 2012
The moral schitzophrenia of religious faith.Na wa.
So God punishes Fadeke but leaves Jude Alone. In god's eye ,it is always the woman's fault, right?. And by the way, what was so special about fadeke's relationship with Jude that millions of other single women are not doing? By that precedent,our population of women should have been drastically reduced by millions by now.Oh, I know. God works in mysterious ways!
Pure nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 17, 2012
True, a covenant is very powerful, its the most repeated word in the bible(I stand to be corrected). A lot of people may not know it but it still stands, this sensation that brings the animal or the freak out of people is one of the simple ways to cut your life short, there is this youtube video about a man who magunned (locked) his wife and another man due to suspicion of adultery. Keep away from married men or women, for dignity sakes even if holiness is not an option to people.

1 Like

Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by babuji(f): 4:54pm On May 17, 2012
True, a covenant is very powerful, Keep away from married men or women, for dignity sakes even if holiness is not an option to people.

I totally agree with this poster.

dunno whether this story is true or not!
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Tgirl4real(f): 6:33pm On May 17, 2012
moremi2008:

U took it outta my mouth. I don't know y dey keep formulating stories to pass a moral message.cheesy

Well, it could make some repent.
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by kobezex: 9:40pm On May 17, 2012
Dem go hear? All these coconut heads about. Some girls these days see notin wrong datin a married man, they might think alot of pecks will be gotten. Thats why they end up getting married very late or not at all sef, the ones that get married have no peace in it & will end up running from pillar to post,spewing rubbish on nairaland,seeking for help,blaming in-laws. Fools!
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 17, 2012
To all those saying one thing or the other is fake, na una know undecided
Your mouth/fingers need to use caution before making some statements.

You don't know whether or not Jude was punished in one form or another. Or were you expecting him to die as well?
How would Nneka then take her husband back? I am grateful to God that he does not think like any of you.

1 Like

Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by violent(m): 11:17pm On May 17, 2012
PURE RUBBISH!!!!

Mortals, always thinking God is some kind of hit man they could just call up and ask to "deal" with another!

So God punished someone by taking away his life? How is death a bad thing for the dead? Aren't we all going to die someday anyway? What difference does it make if Fadeke was a God loving Christian who died from Cancer?
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 17, 2012
violent:

PURE RUBBISH!!!!

Mortals, always thinking God is some kind of hit man they could just call up and ask to "deal" with another!

So God punished someone by taking away his life? How is death a bad thing for the dead? Aren't we all going to die someday anyway? What difference does it make if Fadeke was a God loving Christian who died from Cancer?

I don't remember anyone giving the impression that he was a hitman.
He is a father, seeing his daughter accusted by an adamantly wicked person. And he solved HIS daughter's problem.
Quite simple really.
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by violent(m): 12:07am On May 18, 2012
2buff:

He is a father, seeing his daughter accusted by an adamantly wicked person. And he solved HIS daughter's problem.
Quite simple really.

The other "wicked person" was whose daughter?

Mortals, always thinking they've got God figured all out. You really suppose it wouldn't have been easier for God to simply make the lady's husband love her more than to take away a life?

In another thread, one piglet gave me three months for insulting "God's own anointed daddy"....i bet if i had died within that three months, that swine would have written a 190 page blog on how someone insulted a Man of God and God took vengeance! ....well of course, i did went back to him after three months to tell him what a stoopid man he is and also reiterated my position that i think his G.O is a thieving bastard!

Good people die, bad people die...this is one fact that isn't going to change! The fact that someone dies doesn't make them good or bad, neither does it mean that God loves them any less.
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by moremi2008(m): 12:07am On May 18, 2012
2buff:

Quite simple really.

I am sorry, but his daughter's problem was her husband's wandering eyes and dick! With respect to Nneka's marriage, Fadeke is relatively sinless! She wasn't a party to any covenant! Let's stop twisting theology to fit our biases. It's nice moral story; but it is ultimately fake and flawed.

2 Likes

Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Nobody: 12:13am On May 18, 2012
moremi2008:

I am sorry, but his daughter's problem was her husband's wandering eyes and dick! With respect to Nneka's marriage, Fadeke is relatively sinless! She wasn't a party to any covenant! Let's stop twisting theology to fit our biases. It's nice moral story; but it is ultimately fake and flawed.

It's none of my business how God chooses to judge a matter. That is between Him and the judgees.
Na who born me wey I wan dey [b]critique [/b]how God say he wan do something?
At most na only beg I fit beg.
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by moremi2008(m): 1:29am On May 18, 2012
2buff:

It's none of my business how God chooses to judge a matter. That is between Him and the judgees.
Na who born me wey I wan dey [b]critique [/b]how God say he wan do something?
At most na only beg I fit beg.

You are implicitly assuming that God had anything to do with the events of this story and that the story is true. Those assumptions are false; and any theological conclusions that stem from false assumptions are probably false as well. Just my opinion. grin
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Nobody: 10:25am On May 18, 2012
I still don't get the point of this story.
1. God is a father to Fadeke's parents and Nneka but not Fadeke and Jude.
2. God prefers to answer Nneka prayers over Fadeke's parents'.
3. God caused Fadeke's heart to be hardened so she could die in sin, but He didn't mind taking away Fadeke's parents' joy.

Rubbish! God doesn't play favouritism, and Fadeke may have had a disease that our medical facilities could not diagnose. She didn't die as a result of Nneka's prayers. If God is that vengeful, 5,000 single girls will die every day, and all the Judes of this world would be stark raving mad on the streets. This story hasn't made a point as to why single girls shouldn't date married men, though we all know its bad. Superstory!!
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Nobody: 10:33am On May 18, 2012
mollytinrox: I still don't get the point of this story.
1. God is a father to Fadeke's parents and Nneka but not Fadeke and Jude.
2. God prefers to answer Nneka prayers over Fadeke's parents'.
3. God caused Fadeke's heart to be hardened so she could die in sin, but He didn't mind taking away Fadeke's parents' joy.

Rubbish! God doesn't play favouritism, and Fadeke may have had a disease that our medical facilities could not diagnose. She didn't die as a result of Nneka's prayers. If God is that vengeful, 5,000 single girls will die every day, and all the Judes of this world would be stark raving mad on the streets. This story hasn't made a point as to why single girls shouldn't date married men, though we all know its bad. Superstory!!
Even if it is a fable, the truth still stands that God loves those who seek him more than those who don't. Its about the measure of love,There were many kings in the bible, but the most mentioned is David, if you care to read Psalm 89, then you will understand,and also Psalm18.
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by adorebee(f): 11:47am On May 18, 2012
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww,story dat touches the̶̲̥̅̊ armpit.MeN!,I mean those set of humans with third leg,they would always do their thing.whether we lyk it or not.So don't bother following them around or pocknosing into their affair.U ѠȊ̝̊̅ℓℓ see what u are luking for.besides when pple enter into a covenant ,and one of the̶̲̥̅̊ party errs,he/she is the̶̲̥̅̊ one to suffer it,nt the̶̲̥̅̊ third party.if this story is tru,the̶̲̥̅̊ mans wife mentioned fadeke's name in an unclean place.D@ was y she was punished step by step.So what do we say abt muslims who re enntitled to four wives?Won't they date them b4 marriage.
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by taryour(f): 12:21pm On May 18, 2012
merge: Any woman that comes near what is mine will see death.

right on point madam.

Op,well i think dis isnt God fighting but judes wife. Am sure she must av involved juju to deal with fadeke. God wuldnt punish one party and leav d oda cos dey are both guilty.
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 18, 2012
@Comrade Lacri, I don't know what you quoted me for. You should simply have aired your opinion as I aired mine! The op said Fadeke's parents have been devoted christians for 5 yrs now! Why would God choose Nneka's Joy over that of Fadeke's parents? And may I advice you that before you come here quoting the Bible, maybe you should have an in depth knowledge of the Word. That the Bible talks about David is what? Cos like the op's very non-plausible story, I don't get your point too!
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 18, 2012
lari03:
Even if it is a fable, the truth still stands that God loves those who seek him more than those who don't. Its about the measure of love,There were many kings in the bible, but the most mentioned is David, if you care to read Psalm 89, then you will understand,and also Psalm18.

Abi OO.
There seem to be some very nonsense doctrines floating about nowadays.
God is the father of all life (creator), but he is not the "daddy" of all life. He is only daddy to those who seek him, and jude's wife was one of these.
God is not a "daddy" to a witch (which is pretty much the level of wickedness the girl had to be at when another woman's wife begs you to leave her husband alone and you tell her to piss off). So when daddy vex....daddy vex.

Fact is the girl very likely wouldn't have died if she chose to repent and confess.
The lie she told of not being guilty even after the revelation that could have only come from GOD (meaning she had ABSOLUTE ZERO reverence or respect for God) was what got her written off. When such revelations of conviction come, be sure not a single lie leaves your mouth at that point as anything can happen.
That was essentially lying to the Holy Spirit...remember Annanias and Saphira.
They never got the truth from her. It had to be from her friend. She missed her chance to come clean and lighten her sentence...
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 18, 2012
mollytinrox: @Comrade Lacri, I don't know what you quoted me for. You should simply have aired your opinion as I aired mine! The op said Fadeke's parents have been devoted christians for 5 yrs now! Why would God choose Nneka's Joy over that of Fadeke's parents? And may I advice you that before you come here quoting the Bible, maybe you should have an in depth knowledge of the Word. That the Bible talks about David is what? Cos like the op's very non-plausible story, I don't get your point too!

I was referring to the bolded in your post that I quoted,sorry I quoted you, no offense but I just had to clarify,God does have favorites. That's why I directed you to those scriptures about David.but then it seems you have your different opinion,what the word says that I don't understand please enlighten me.
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by moremi2008(m): 11:14pm On May 18, 2012
2buff:

Abi OO.
There seem to be some very nonsense doctrines floating about nowadays.
God is the father of all life (creator), but he is not the "daddy" of all life. He is only daddy to those who seek him, and jude's wife was one of these.
God is not a "daddy" to a witch (which is pretty much the level of wickedness the girl had to be at when another woman's wife begs you to leave her husband alone and you tell her to piss off). So when daddy vex....daddy vex.

Fact is the girl very likely wouldn't have died if she chose to repent and confess.
The lie she told of not being guilty even after the revelation that could have only come from GOD (meaning she had ABSOLUTE ZERO reverence or respect for God) was what got her written off. When such revelations of conviction come, be sure not a single lie leaves your mouth at that point as anything can happen.
That was essentially lying to the Holy Spirit...remember Annanias and Saphira.
They never got the truth from her. It had to be from her friend. She missed her chance to come clean and lighten her sentence...

Your brain cells are a little lacking. So what about Jude? God's wrath doesn't apply to Jude? I am guessing because he's the man? From what I read, he wasn't repentant at all too! Abeg, get out of here with your half-baked mago-mago theology!
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 20, 2012
@Comrade Lari03, don't take this personal, k? God doesn't have favourites. David was man after his heart, but that didn't make anyone less dear Him. I don't believe Fadeke will die but Jude will go scot free
because God loves Nneka more than he loves Fadeke and her parents.
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Nobody: 2:14am On May 21, 2012
If there's any iota of truth in this, she prolly had a brain tumor.
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2012
moremi2008: Sad and touching story but I find it difficult to believe that God would punish only Fadeke and leave Jude. The story sounds a little self-serving to me; as if Jude was this innocent man standing by the wayside and a hungry Fadeke clubbed him on the head and dragged him into her liar. It always takes two to tango and Nneka should have been on her knees interceding for her husband before God, not seeking revenge on the woman he is cheating with. I also find it hard to believe that the prayers of Fadeke's parents and pastor did not move God to show mercy.

Fake as it may sound, I have come to realize that God's thinking cannot be completely understood. HIS decisions on whom to bless or punish have always been debated.

Perhaps, the day we get complete knowledge of HIM will be the day we cease to exist as humans...or the day HE ceases to be GOD.
Re: True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
I have a feeling this story is fabricated

(1) (Reply)

"Two Mothers Fight Over Their Teenage Daughter’s Boyfriend In Abuja" / Removed / Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.