Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? (3357 Views)

Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / Is It Ok To Date A Married Man? / How Long Did You Wait For His Proposal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by prosper86: 9:47am On Nov 23, 2013
I met this guy this month on saturday precisely, and he proposed marriage to me on monday,to show that he is serious he introduced me to his sister and brother in law,and on sunday he is taking me to meet his mom.
He even wants to meet my parents nxt month but I told him to hold on till next year, I'm praying about it and trust God to lead me.cos I don't want to make mistake
I told my mom and she said it is too early for him to talk about marriage,he told me about his past relationships and d lady he wanted to get married to dissapointed him and he has decided to seTtle down next year.
Please how will I know if he is my husband? Or if he is for real?
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by kingk(m): 9:51am On Nov 23, 2013
Pray more.......
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by bishungclem: 9:52am On Nov 23, 2013
Set him up.u know wat i mean.if he falls.run run and run real fast.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 23, 2013
Why is he in a hurry? Tell him to slow down. Watch him closely, use your head and not your heart and above all, use protection! Yeah it may sound silly but then you never know.

2 Likes

Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 23, 2013
i'm even more skeptical when people are in such a hurry. it appears they fear you'll discover something they're trying to hide if they let you take ya time

2 Likes

Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by prosper86: 10:10am On Nov 23, 2013
Thanks, I told him no Premarital sex and he accepted, I have also told him to hold on for introduction till next year when I am ready. I will take my time to pray and know him better.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Annie2gud(f): 10:18am On Nov 23, 2013
It happen'd to me.i 'm a perfect example.but mine turned out Well.All i did was to pray and watched him closely.give him a chance,but dont allow him access to ur jerusalem.He may have good intentions.just be watchful.cus some guys use this same method,to Bed ladies.i wish you Goodluck.pls abstain from all those potential boyfriends.Goodluck n godspeed.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by prosper86: 10:24am On Nov 23, 2013
Thanks annie2gud
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by EfemenaXY: 11:08am On Nov 23, 2013
prosper86: I met this guy this month on saturday precisely, and he proposed marriage to me on monday,to show that he is serious he introduced me to his sister and brother in law,and on sunday he is taking me to meet his mom.
He even wants to meet my parents nxt month but I told him to hold on till next year, I'm praying about it and trust God to lead me.cos I don't want to make mistake
I told my mom and she said it is too early for him to talk about marriage,he told me about his past relationships and d lady he wanted to get married to dissapointed him and he has decided to seTtle down next year.

Let me get this straight:

~ You met this man on a Saturday. Then by the following Monday (2 days later) he proposed marriage to you?

Que: Do you have DESPERATE written across your forehead?? undecided

~ Then between Monday and the next Sunday, he's already introduced you to his sister and brother-in-law.
~ Then he'll introduce you to his mother on Sunday
~ And he wants to meet your parents next month which is barley 2 weeks from now.

Que: Why the rush on his part? Or more importantly, what's he hiding from you? You are aware that this guy, from what you've written is more or less a total stranger to you? Do you go about accepting marriage proposals from people you know nothing about??

he told me about his past relationships and d lady he wanted to get married to dissapointed him and he has decided to seTtle down next year.

Can you not see that he's not yet fully recovered from his past relationship and is nose-diving into another one with you on the rebound? You're his second choice, girl - open up your eyes.

Finally, as per your question:

prosper86: Please how will I know if he is my husband? Or if he is for real?

Let me ask you this: Are you for real? Like seriously??

2 Likes

Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Annie2gud(f): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2013
@op...please pray,you shudnt be His Rebound.you nva Can Tell.All the same,like i said,Be very watchful,open ur eyes..not ur legs.And pray to God abt his case.No matter what,Dont be decieved.am outta Here.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by jumzzy448: 11:36am On Nov 23, 2013
My dear, I agree 100% with efemena. Tell him to chilax. Why the rush undecided for God's sake, it not even up to two weeks you met this guy. If I were you, I won't even allow him meet my parents for now, cos you have to study him very well. Like someone said, use your brain and not your heart. All in all, put everything in prayer.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by benedicta0(f): 11:43am On Nov 23, 2013
He is in a haste for a reason,try to understand his reasons for that, ask about him around his neighborhood you might garther some information. If u believe in God,just start praying about it.Tell him to give you sometime to know him,at least, as from next year u can start talking about marriage.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by EfemenaXY: 11:51am On Nov 23, 2013
It's very worrisome reading comments here, advising @OP to pray and then wait till next year (January?) to marry him.

Do we not have enough horror threads here in the family section, about newly wedded women bemoaning their fates with their husbands? @OP, should spend this heaven-sent time seriously studying this man. This is her chance to get her voice and opinions heard on very important life issues like:

~ Education
~ Finance
~ Religion
~ Socializing
~ His past relationships and general attitude towards the opposite gender
~ Getting to know his family better and most importatly, her man's outlook on life - especially in areas where they might have differing views.

This is her time to ask, ask, and ask again to understand this man better. That's what the dating game is all about, and not how much he spends buying presents, BB, Brazillian weaves and other material inconsequentialities.

This is the time for her to be smarten up and be wise. A broken engagement is a whole lot better than a broken marriage.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by eagleeye2: 11:59am On Nov 23, 2013
I met this gurl Monday
Took her for a drink on Tuesday
We were making on Wednesday, and on thursday, Friday, and saturday,
we chilled on sunday.
I love that song by Joe.
.@OP,
I once met a lady from my villa, I liked her the first time we spoke on the Phone. After about 3weeks phone conversation, my sister convinced her to come to Abia state to meet me.
We met and really liked each other. (we met in November of that year).
By December, we wanted me to proceed with wine carrying and everything.
Babe developed cold feet. By January, we broke off. Due largely to the fact that the girl was afraid and didn't want to go for a medical test.
Fast forward June of that year 2011, she was lamenting to a her friend in front of me how we were rushing her. But by then I already moved on.
Later this babe got preggy for a guy in their school, the absconded and she had the baby but unfortunately baby died.
.She is still single and searching. I am still single but not searching anymore. Cos very soon, I will proceed with marriage rites of my present gurl.
Why the long sermon/epistle, sometimes we allow fear to over shadow us and make us miss our goal.

1 Like

Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by EfemenaXY: 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2013
^^ Now that's some real ish that rings alarm bells.

Why didn't your ex want to go for medicals? What was she afraid of, if you don't mind my asking, eagle eye?
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Annie2gud(f): 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2013
@Eagle Eye..that was so PiECe.you held me spellbound.so why didnt she go for the medicals?pls answer,and dont keep me waiting.Annie
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Annie2gud(f): 12:29pm On Nov 23, 2013
@Onio-vo,you re Good.*winkz*(efemena)
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 23, 2013
^^^.....Guy, that song was done by Craig David.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by EfemenaXY: 12:36pm On Nov 23, 2013
Annie2gud: @Onio-vo,you re Good.*winkz*(efemena)

Ewoma smiley

Ko bu wo? cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Annie2gud(f): 12:52pm On Nov 23, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Ewoma smiley

Ko bu wo? cheesy cheesy
obu wo rie'h.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by baralatie(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
prosper86: I met this guy this month on saturday precisely, and he proposed marriage to me on monday,to show that he is serious he introduced me to his sister and brother in law,and on sunday he is taking me to meet his mom.
lol!...u are welcome to a beautiful phase of a womans life!

To solve this problem u must follow order!
A1.the friend
A2.the lover/fiance
A3.the good husband
what it means u know this person in progressn and has become a choice
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by baralatie(m): 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2013
@op!next tin u ned to answer what family ar u geting in2
1.immediate family
2.extended family
3.social family
4.spiritual family
basical u want to knw hw muc allegiance does he to God,his friends & family.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by baralatie(m): 1:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
@op!level of leadership
is he
+opiniated
+dependent
+problem initiator
+problem solver
+team player
+optimistic
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by baralatie(m): 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2013
@OP!THEN COMES 1 TOPIC I JST DNT FND FUNNY BT CRUCIAL!
S£X
what are ur fantasx and what is kind
y?it is not funny to be married to an insatiable spouse neida is it gud to marry a selfish partner in bed
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2013
If your are pyschologically ready to face the activities in Marriage , 3Months is enough for you to conclude He is real or not !!!

Seriously, don't rush and certified both of you are compatible and medically fit !!!
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by baralatie(m): 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
@op!u prayerfuly consider and u open ur eyes wide,ask questions til u reach blood.b4 i 4get get church elders and marriage commite involved at least it take 6mths(wit fasting)b4 granting marital consent!
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
Why should you? To me, him being in such a hurry should make you suspicious. If he has nothing in his cupboard, it means he is simply immature. There is no need to rush into a relationship that you will spend the whole of your life time in.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Andyblaze: 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2013
Accept it

Don't dull on this thread just ---- CLICK HERE FOR A BETTER THREAD
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by eagleeye2: 3:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Now that's some real ish that rings alarm bells.

Why didn't your ex want to go for medicals? What was she afraid of, if you don't mind my asking, eagle eye?
Annie2gud: @Eagle Eye..that was so PiECe.you held me spellbound.so why didnt she go for the medicals?pls answer,and dont keep me waiting.Annie
Well she knew that once she goes for medicals and everything comes out right, she wouldn't have any other reason not to proceed as planned. Her parents are already in agreement and my family are ready for us to tie the knot ASAP.
But she felt she was being rushed and needed to slow things down. While slowing things down my sister got curious just like you ladies and started saying things.... In short my family became "extra careful". But I knew there was nothing wrong with her.
I tried talking to her to go for the medicals, then we will take it slowly so that she can get to know me well. But you know ladies now, she started playing hard..... I took a walk and never looked back.
NB
I also had the No Medical ish with another lady.... but this time I am already pro in the game.
I pitied the second person, because when I took a walk she became frantic. Trying to win me back by all means, but it was already late. Cos my Angel was already in the picture and we were waxing stronger everyday.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by eagleeye2: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2013
doxime: ^^^.....Guy, that song was done by Craig David.

thanks for the correction.

1 Like

Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by Annie2gud(f): 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
Thanks for finishin the Piece@Eagle.This ur expirience is an eye opener.ladies take note.
Re: Is It OK To Accept His Proposal? by eagleeye2: 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2013
idnoble135: Why should you? To me, him being in such a hurry should make you suspicious. If he has nothing in his cupboard, it means he is simply immature. There is no need to rush into a relationship that you will spend the whole of your life time in.
Sometimes, a guy gets to that stage where he just wants to get it over with. At that particular point and time, he just wants to settle down and move on with life.
But I have observed from experience, that women get scared of this type of guys...... thinking they have skeletons in the cupboard (some do have).
NB
I think the Op should encourage him, and at the same time tell him to date/court her for sometime, to enable them learn each other. If the guys intentions are noble, he will be very happy with this answer.
She may regret it, if she outrightly rejects him and another accepts him shortly after that.
In my case, I have dated a lot of women and found that physically it is the same thing 'down there'. But if you matured and patient, you can equally handle all women character wise.
So it got to the point, where I will first hint marriage before I start dating/courting properly. But women, will then see you as being desperate....LoL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Cousin Sister / Thinking Of Raising A Family? Know Your Blood Rhesus Factor / Why Do People Think Am Proud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.