Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,631 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. (19503 Views)

Window Blinds(sleek,stylish,practical) / Improvement Suggestions For Property Section - Comments? / Visit Www.kharisconcepts..com /make Comments On Improving This Estate B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by ariyokunle: 7:17am On May 19, 2012
mimifonwon:

actually there are houses like these in banana island in lagos, and also in abuja, so its possible. Yes on dis-so possible.

actually there are houses like these in banana island in lagos, and also in abuja, so its possible.
[/i]
mimifonwon:

actually there are houses like these in banana island in lagos, and also in abuja, so its possible.
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by ariyokunle: 7:30am On May 19, 2012
Yes on dat-so possible
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by Abagworo(m): 9:03am On May 19, 2012
Those houses are crap. I consider them below average in Port Harcourt standard. Even all these Igbo traders people mock, own houses in their villages a million folds above this .
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by Nobody: 9:14am On May 19, 2012
OP that kinda house is all over Nigeria o! Come my area u go tire
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by amodaade: 9:29am On May 19, 2012
milehigh06:

the house you have in pic and the house the op has up there are 2 different houses
designs can be done anywhere but what I suspect the Op is asking about is materials which are suited for building houses like that
If the materials are not available locally, let him bring them down. The basic purpose of a house is its functionality. All other things na aesthetics.
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by debolah: 9:40am On May 19, 2012
RuuDie:

Spoken like a true Pro!
Thank you also mere looking at those structure if you are well experienced and vast and also exposed to designs you don't need a plan to tell that the (plan) I quote will not suit our enviroment in terms of (function) not (aesthetics) which most lay men understand.@ poster however the above designs like I posted earlier can be adopted and redesigned to suit our enviroment and still have the same or similar look to the ones you selected with careful thought process.
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by teeceexx: 12:54pm On May 19, 2012
Houses like that abound in the east. In Villages
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by Xionez(m): 1:07pm On May 19, 2012
Op. I get one small question to ask.
Where the 10ft fence. You know that that openess is just an invitation for those Rambo wannabes to pay you a courtesy visit.
Apart from that. It sure is possible. I have seen something similar to photo 3 around GRA in Mando, Kaduna.
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by stildude(m): 1:14pm On May 19, 2012
Adaptation is the key. Like the business slogan. think global; act local. I don't see burglary proof and other deterrents in these forms. While you can afford to have those in Europe or some other places, you shouldn't dare in most cities here in Nigeria or you have just sent invitations to criminals.
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by cheikh: 5:33pm On May 19, 2012
Xionez
Op. I get one small question to ask.
Where the 10ft fence. You know that that openess is just an invitation for those Rambo wannabes to pay you a courtesy visit.
Apart from that. It sure is possible. I have seen something similar to photo 3 around GRA in Mando, Kaduna.

@^^ Does 10ft fence or such ugly monstrosities deter/prevent "Rambo wannabes" paying you a determined courtesy visit? We should think creatively and get away from our "prison" and military era inspired mentality. Nigeria is not like South Africa and will never be mindlessly violent like her people.

1 Like

Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by Skoopy(m): 6:26pm On May 19, 2012
We have them in Nigeria, the reason u can't see them is becos they are enclosed in fences higher than the building itself
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by dasparrow: 7:20pm On May 19, 2012
@Post

Those are some nice bungalow designs. I think that it will be possible to build those in Nigeria because I have seen more complicated architectural designs built in Nigeria.
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by tylesh(f): 8:19pm On May 19, 2012
I'm servin in a village in Edo state & I av seen at least one of dem buildings....so no big deal....onto d next one pls
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by doctorgold(m): 1:39am On May 20, 2012
These designs are usually not feasible I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d nigerian context cos of the internal arrangement and materials used I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ construction. If U̶̲̥̅̊ av access †☺ d plan, am sure some of d spaces do not have windows. This is becos there is constant power supply over there wch is nt applicable I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ nigeria. Also, d wall of these houses are made of wood wch is nt advisable here cos of our climate and termite attack. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ advice however is dat U̶̲̥̅̊ shd get an architect †☺ help U̶̲̥̅̊ design †☺ Ɣφΰя taste. He cld also help U̶̲̥̅̊ modify these ones †☺ fit into d nigerian context.
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by princeonx: 4:34am On May 20, 2012
You guys should stop all this they have it here and there! saying we have this type of houses without posting an actual picture for us to see is bulcrap!

1 Like

Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by xtenxive(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2012
Erecting this type of building does not start and end with these facades that you have posted, achieving it involves a lot of other factors ranging from the form and functionality of the plan, the construction materials and methods, an analysis of the elements in the design, comparative cost advantage of some elements used, maintenance cost of the building (which most people overlook at this stage) etc. In answering your question, you can achieve even more complex designs if you have the cash, maybe you should take a trip around Nigeria.
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by debolah: 9:11am On May 21, 2012
contact 08069200665 08179161894 formsconcepts for your architectural design construction drawings building construction and enginerring services landscape design and kitchen design installation.
Space and light and order. Those are the things that men need just as much as they need bread or a place to sleep.
(Le Corbusier)

Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by terrifikjo(m): 1:56pm On May 21, 2012
St.ppid question..
wah do u take our architect and engineers fo?
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by porka: 11:50am On May 23, 2012
He is just advertising his work without paying. Smart guy.
Re: Is This Practical In Nigeria....comments Please. by Maca411: 12:54am On Jul 04, 2012
MODERN ROOFING

Your property need to have the look of the future and not of the past. It should stand out from the rest.

AMERICAN FIBREGLASS ROOFING SHINGLES FROM PABCO IS NOW AVAILABLE IN NIGERIA
- LAGOS and ABUJA. can be delivered to other locations in Nigeria.

Best in Roofing.
http://www.pabcoroofing.com/pabco_premier_laminated_shingles.html

American Fibreglass Shingles are already the top roofing product in Ghana. It is also
becoming popular in Nigeria, especially in Abuja, Lagos, etc. We expect it to become the
leading top of the line roofing product here in Nigeria as it has done in Ghana.

Roofing Supply Group of Nigeria:
We provide Excellent Guidance to: Roof Style, Structural work, Architecture and Top Class finishing,
Best in class Technical Expertise.
We supply Pabco Fibreglass shingles in Nigeria and West Africa.

Distributors are needed in Nigeria.

Contractors, Architects, Builders, and Distributors can contact us
with our contact information is below.

Also, to review your project, and provide you expert recommendations, contact us
with the info below.

Roofing Supply Group of Nigeria
Office in Lagos
Phone: 08038276676
email: roofingsupplyg@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Bedroom Duplex At Agege Lagos State,design & Constructed By Archaran / Cost Of Building A 4-bedroom Flat Bungalow (pics) / Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.