Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Good Advice Needed On Programming!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Good Advice Needed On Programming!! (1084 Views)

Message To Nairaland Programmers On Programming and Success / Nigeria Sucks On Programming. / Need Some Good Advice On Professional Course To Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Advice Needed On Programming!! by Nobody: 8:47am On May 18, 2012
Fayimora and pple on NL,i need ur advise..am an engineering student(undergraduate)and i am seriously considering in going into IT world..i av decided to learn Oracle 11g but i was advised to learn programming first.i did theoretical aspect of PASCAL in my 200L days but i'm nt interested in pascal..whch prog lang can you pls recommend for me to learn before doing my database course and pls state the reason why(i am just a beginner)...a response will be highly appreciated
Re: Good Advice Needed On Programming!! by Nobody: 9:23am On May 18, 2012
Pascal's old stuff, you can go for C++/Python/Java(desktop software development) or PHP(web dev.)

You should also consider others advice
Re: Good Advice Needed On Programming!! by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 18, 2012
But is it necessary for me to learn html before php?

g9kate: Pascal's old stuff, you can go for C++/Python/Java(desktop software development) or PHP(web dev.)

You should also consider others advice
Re: Good Advice Needed On Programming!! by GideonG(m): 11:26am On May 19, 2012
If you are going for PHP that means you want to be a web developer, Else you can go for C++/Python or Java for real programming.

You need HTML knowledge to start PHP because PHP is meant for the WEB and HTML is the language the browser understands. Whether you like it or not in your PHP programming life you must in-cooperate HTML at some point.

Other Web scripting languages are Python, Ruby and as I said earlier PHP.

PHP and Python are easier to start. But as for me I started with PHP.
HTML is not a programming language you can learn that in less than 3weeks and understand go to www.w3schools.com and follow the lessons on HTML.

(1) (Reply)

Design By Contract / How Many Python Programmers Are There In The World? / Pls.is It Advisable To Learn Two Programming Language Simultaneously?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.