Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,061 members, 7,863,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

Dbanj Is Setting Up A New Record Label - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dbanj Is Setting Up A New Record Label (1029 Views)

Dbanj Is Not Broke: 10 Differences Between Dbanj & Donjazzy / Donjazzy Replies Fan Who Asked Him If Dbanj Is Really Broke [photos] / 'My Romance With Dbanj Is A Private Affair' - Genevieve Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dbanj Is Setting Up A New Record Label by leadz: 10:56am On May 18, 2012
If you think the move D'banj is making will create more opportunities for up and coming artist in Nigeria.
Leave your comment below
If not, let us know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZydktT5s44A
Re: Dbanj Is Setting Up A New Record Label by omar22(m): 12:25pm On May 18, 2012
The key point here is that he has Universal Records to distribute world wide
Re: Dbanj Is Setting Up A New Record Label by brianromel(m): 1:09pm On May 18, 2012
2ml Design perfumes for N350 Call 08071064265

Hugo Boss: Pure purple
www.hugo.com/purepurple

Escada:Moon Sparkle (Limited)
www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Escada/Escada-Moon-Sparkle-1887.html

Escada:Into the blue
www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Escada/Into-the-Blue-998.html

Diesel:Fuel for life (Limited)
www.theperfumeshop.com/fcp/product/mens-fragrances/diesel/fuel%20for%20life/6752

Giorgio Armani:Acqua di Gio (Limited)
www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com/Acqua-Di-Gio

Giorgio Armani:Acqua di Gioia (Limited)
www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com/Acqua-Di-Gioia/

Dior:Miss Dior (Limited)
http://www.dior.com/beauty/usa/en/fragrance/women-fragrance/miss_dior/lmissdiorfpl.html

Price still remains N350 per sample
Bulk of 10 and above N300 per sample.

Call Brian 08071064265
Re: Dbanj Is Setting Up A New Record Label by anonymous6(f): 1:56pm On May 18, 2012
leadz: If you think the move D'banj is making will create more opportunities for up and coming artist in Nigeria.
Leave your comment below
If not, let us know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZydktT5s44A

It depends on how D'banjs career goes after this Record label(he is a representative of this label no matter what), and the biggest test is if his career stays strong among Black africans after his new label & If he is able to bridge the black african, specifically Nigerian demographic and the western world demographic world together to like his music, since his label is connected & Under Universal Music group, and his recent collabo with Kanye West. So far Americans don't know him, The UK knows him slightly now, and Black africans knows him 100%. The dilemma D'banj is in is that if he wants to appeal to the western world then his music will eventually become western, in such his way all his afrobeat musical roots will be gone which will cause him to lose his most important & number 1 demographic, Blacks africans of West Africa, Nigerian particularly. Which will in directly effect him in his record label and career. Femi Kuti is a singer and signed up with similar opportunities like D'banj and it didn't change his career or helped other Nigerian artist. We shall see though with what happens to D'banj.

To me it depends on where D'banj's career leads, for that question to be answered. If his career flops after his now connection with Knaye then his record label may not be successful but if his career progresses farther then now regardless if he has a strong Western following or not then I feel it will create more opportunities for other upcoming Nigerian artist.

It doesn't hurt to try though, I congratulate his efforts though, only God knows
Re: Dbanj Is Setting Up A New Record Label by leadz: 4:00pm On May 18, 2012
anonymous6:

To me it depends on where D'banj's career leads, for that question to be answered. If his career flops after his now connection with Knaye then his record label may not be successful but if his career progresses farther then now regardless if he has a strong Western following or not then I feel it will create more opportunities for other upcoming Nigerian artist.

I agree with the point you made above.

But with respect to him changing his music to suit the western audience he wants to attract, that should not be a problem as he can always remix the original African version and create a western version out of it.

I also believe one of the reasons Kenya signed him was because of his original sound which is new to Kenya. So I see no reason for him to change it.
All he needs to do most of the time will be for him to remix his song and add the dance version for the westerners.

American RB singers also do the same thing any time they want to sell their song in western Europe.

(1) (Reply)

D’prince: “I Miss D’banj” / Can U Do This ? / Chris Brown In Lagos For Chrismass Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.