Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Produce Good Graduates: Jonathan Tell Professors - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Produce Good Graduates: Jonathan Tell Professors (7040 Views)

The Tribe With The Best Professors In Nigeria. / Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University / IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Produce Good Graduates: Jonathan Tell Professors by ishmael(m): 11:27am On May 19, 2012
kutchs: Why Nigerians are never pleased is wot surprises me. When the last ASUU strike was on pple were here blasting GEJ for not doing anything to end the strike, blasting him for not granting the demands of ASUU and now he has done so the same pple are out in droves condemning his action. What the hell is wrong with us. I personally never supported the 70 yr shit (am a lecturer myself) but if it was wot was needed for peace and stability to return to our schools why blame GEJ for toeing the line of peace. Everyone wants an uninterrupted academic calender but no one is ready to condemn unreasonable and selfish demands made by ASUU, COEASU etc.
Re: Produce Good Graduates: Jonathan Tell Professors by ishmael(m): 11:43am On May 19, 2012
kutchs: Why Nigerians are never pleased is wot surprises me. When the last ASUU strike was on pple were here blasting GEJ for not doing anything to end the strike, blasting him for not granting the demands of ASUU and now he has done so the same pple are out in droves condemning his action. What the hell is wrong with us. I personally never supported the 70 yr shit (am a lecturer myself) but if it was wot was needed for peace and stability to return to our schools why blame GEJ for toeing the line of peace. Everyone wants an uninterrupted academic calender but no one is ready to condemn unreasonable and selfish demands made by ASUU, COEASU etc.
You are right. I also condemned it when David Mark & co passed that bill to please a certain selfish and greedy few. It was only Chris Ngige that kicked against it by telling them the medical implications, but they being ignorant or trying to please those selfish few had the highest votes. Majority may not be right sometimes and in this case they were very wrong. I have said it times without number that the law of diminishing returns is true on the activeness, retaining capabilities and innovative capabilities of the human brain. Things are begining to change o. Fashola just set a new record with Lagos state Doctors. ASUU and what ever should be careful because they may not be lucky the next time they ask for more like Oliver Twist.
Re: Produce Good Graduates: Jonathan Tell Professors by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 19, 2012
moderattor: The entire system is a crap.
What would someone studying dental medicine spend 6 years in doing?
There are only 32 teeth in the mouth!
Two years is more than enough.

Computer science should be a general course.
Programming should be specific, that is Java, VB, etc.
Each to be studied for two years each.

What is an electrical engineering student doing with Statistics?

What is an accountancy student doing with physics and chemistry as regular courses?

What is a mechanical engineering student doing with English in final year?

The whole system is filled with garbage.
Did you attend those Tertiary 'Technology' Instituitions where Life Science students have Engine Drawing as compulsory courses? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Produce Good Graduates: Jonathan Tell Professors by swiftycool(m): 7:08pm On May 19, 2012
I think GeJ should direct this instruction to UNIPORT professors where his blockhead wife graduated from. Imagine a fresh generation of Patience(s) in Nigeria produced by that Uni?!! DIsaster!!!!!
Re: Produce Good Graduates: Jonathan Tell Professors by kaysy(m): 8:12pm On May 19, 2012
United Nation said a development oriented country should be able to allocate 27% of its budget to education, GEJ is still battling with 4% and he expecting good graduates... well lets see how possible that can be
Re: Produce Good Graduates: Jonathan Tell Professors by ishmael(m): 8:31pm On May 19, 2012
kaysy: United Nation said a development oriented country should be able to allocate 27% of its budget to education, GEJ is still battling with 4% and he expecting good graduates... well lets see how possible that can be
Even with his PhD I doubt if he knows what it takes to produce quality graduates. He thinks it's by using old professors who are walking with the aid of walking sticks.
Re: Produce Good Graduates: Jonathan Tell Professors by Clement101(m): 11:20pm On May 19, 2012
moderattor: The entire system is a crap.
What would someone studying dental medicine spend 6 years in doing?
There are only 32 teeth in the mouth!
Two years is more than enough.

Computer science should be a general course.
Programming should be specific, that is Java, VB, etc.
Each to be studied for two years each.

What is an electrical engineering student doing with Statistics?

What is an accountancy student doing with physics and chemistry as regular courses?

What is a mechanical engineering student doing with English in final year?

The whole system is filled with garbage.
.To be a good java programmer would take u at least 8yrs n u are pondering on specificity of a programming language in 2yrs.If u want computer science 2 be bothered on just a single prog.lang in 2yrs then,a computer scientist ought not 2 be called a computer scientist.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List / JAMB Results 2021: 365 As Highest Score And 11 As Lowest Score / Stop Calling Your Mum "MUMMY"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.