Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:13 AM

On Fatwa Placed on Iranian Rapper - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / On Fatwa Placed on Iranian Rapper (776 Views)

Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" / Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy / Shia Ayatollah Issues Fatwa Permitting The Drinking Of Water During FASTING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Fatwa Placed on Iranian Rapper by logicboy: 8:09pm On May 18, 2012
Please, can someone explain to me how I am supposed to feel when I come across news like this?

An Iranian rapper (Shahin Najafi) has ended up with a bounty of $100,000 on his head. The fatwa was issued by Senior Iranian cleric, the Ayatollah Safi Golpayegani.

There is also another bounty on his head worth $8,000 by another Iranian pop star.

What was Shahin's offense? They say that he is an apostate and he is insulting Islam.

Shahin's defense is that he is not fighting islam but political islam that has been imposed on the people. His music touches on theocracy, censorship,execution, etc.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/blasphemous-rapper-shahin-najafi-goes-into-hiding-after-irans-hardline-clerics-put-a-100000-bounty-on-his-head-7758076.html

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4229566,00.html
There are 3 issues here for me;
1) 100,000 dollars can feed many people. A very high percentage of Iranians live under the poverty line. Why waste money on killing a musician who deosnt even live in Iran?

2) When did it become legal under sharia for a normal citizen (The Iranian popstar who has added $8,000 to the bounty) to give his own bount on the execution of another person? Is the popstar now a judge?

3) Wouldnt it be better for a trial or some form of banning his music in Iran rather than execution? Seriously, is life that meaningless?
Re: On Fatwa Placed on Iranian Rapper by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 18, 2012
logicboy: Please, can someone explain to me how I am supposed to feel when I come across news like this?

An Iranian rapper (Shahin Najafi) has ended up with a bounty of $100,000 on his head. The fatwa was issued by Senior Iranian cleric, the Ayatollah Safi Golpayegani.

There is also another bounty on his head worth $8,000 by another Iranian pop star.

What was Shahin's offense? They say that he is an apostate and he is insulting Islam.

Shahin's defense is that he is not fighting islam but political islam that has been imposed on the people. His music touches on theocracy, censorship,execution, etc.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/blasphemous-rapper-shahin-najafi-goes-into-hiding-after-irans-hardline-clerics-put-a-100000-bounty-on-his-head-7758076.html

1) 100,000 dollars can feed many people. A very high percentage of Iranians live under the poverty line. Why waste money on killing a musician who deosnt even live in Iran?

2) When did it become legal under sharia for a normal citizen (The Iranian popstar who has added $8,000 to the bounty) to give his own bount on the execution of another person? Is the popstar now a judge?

3) Wouldnt it be better for a trial or some form of banning his music in Iran rather than execution? Seriously, is life that meaningless?
YES, LIFE IS MEANINGLESS IN IRAN
Re: On Fatwa Placed on Iranian Rapper by LagosShia: 9:30pm On May 18, 2012
logicboy: Please, can someone explain to me how I am supposed to feel when I come across news like this?

firstly,Mr. "Logicboy",i am here to give you direct answers to your "questions".but be very sure i am not interested to hold long open discussion in this thread that will see us go go through from one topic to another all over again.

you titled your thread:"iranian rapper exposes hypocrisy of iranian clerics".

the only hypocrite i find in this is you.you refrained from telling us what offense the rapper committed that made him sound blasphemous and offensive.you wanted us to believe that he is talking against clerics and the ruling elite from the scholars or in the theocracy and therefore a fatwa was issued against him.

let it be known to you that the learned Shia Muslim scholars or clerics (if you like) are not infallible beings and are not above criticism.but criticism is differnt from insult,defamtion and also blasphemy.

the offense committed by the rapper if you go through the british independent newspaper link is for defaming the 10th holy Imam from the progeny of the Prophet Muhammad (sa),Imam Ali Ibn Muhammad,an-Naqi (as),who is also known as Imam Al-Hadi (as).imamate in Shia Islam is a divine institution just like prophethood is in Islam generally.

now you keep telling us that defaming or insulting God should not be a crime under blasphemy laws because God is not a human being.i disagreed with that and told you that when God is offended or insulted,humans feel targted and their beliefs insulted.now,the 10th holy Imam was insulted.he is a human being.so is it okay now for blashpemy law to defend his memory? what do you think? you are being judged by your own words.

aside,if this hypocrite living in the west does not like the iranian regime,he should ask what life was in Iran before the Islamic revolution under the iranian monarchy.can you in the UK question the regime or the monarchy as the legitimate representative of the british people? can you try to talk against it and campaign for regime change and still live in the UK? so why should it be different in Iran? can you in Nigeria ask for regime change? boko haram wants to change secular Nigeria to an "islamic Nigeria" according to them.don't you see how hated and criminal they look? so please save us the BS.and please don't bring me a comedy show of a comedian cracking jokes about the queen of england because that is not what i am talking about.

poverty is everywhere.poverty is in the increase in the west and unemployment is on the rise.Iran is forging ahead and that is important.poverty in Iran was worse before the Islamic revolution in 1979 by Ayatollah Khomeini.the poverty rate in Iran has seen a remarkable decline.as at 2007,Iran's poverty rate stands at 18%.Nigeria's poverty rate stands at 34%.the United States of America's poverty rate stands at 15%.

so don't try to sound dramatic as usual.poverty is a relative term also.and take into account the progress Iran has made since 1979 and the sanctions and war imposed on it to cripple its establishments all because Iran is having an Islamic regime.

"Progress Of Iran Under An Islamic Regime (shariah)"
https://www.nairaland.com/908175/progress-iran-under-islamic-regime

that has nothing to do with shariah or whatever criticism you are throwing in here.the popstar is moved by sentiment.

you fail to see the point of such a fatwa.there is no way this rapper after committing what he committed would return to Iran.he'd continue to live wherever he is in the west in comfort.

however,such a fatwa and its value is not the measured by executing the rapper or the perpetrator but sending out a clear message.this message also will make life difficult for the rapper because life for him would become extremely unsecured and unsafe for him.it will also be a deterrent to respect the sensitivity of people and holy figures.

if this rapper were in Iran and committed this crime,his punishment if arrested would not reach the level of execution for blasphemy.he'd have being told to repent,apologize and given a fine or flogged publically for an initial offense depending on iranian laws and what they really are and what they specify as punishment for such a case.but since,this rapper in far away europe has taken it upon himself to declare war with music,it has therefore being responded in kind.

see what happened to Julian Assange of wikileaks and the american request for him to be extradited and punished.what happened to the soldier who provided Assange with the leaks?when you go against the nation or the state,you'd be punished.being away and lynching your own country will only make the offense worse.
Re: On Fatwa Placed on Iranian Rapper by logicboy: 10:35pm On May 18, 2012
LagosShia:

firstly,Mr. "Logicboy",i am here to give you direct answers to your "questions".but be very sure i am not interested to hold long open discussion in this thread that will see us go go through from one topic to another all over again.

you titled your thread:"iranian rapper exposes hypocrisy of iranian clerics".

the only hypocrite i find in this is you.you refrained from telling us what offense the rapper committed that made him sound blasphemous and offensive.you wanted us to believe that he is talking against clerics and the ruling elite from the scholars or in the theocracy and therefore a fatwa was issued against him.

let it be known to you that the learned Shia Muslim scholars or clerics (if you like) are not infallible beings and are not above criticism.but criticism is differnt from insult,defamtion and also blasphemy.

the offense committed by the rapper if you go through the british independent newspaper link is for defaming the 10th holy Imam from the progeny of the Prophet Muhammad (sa),Imam Ali Ibn Muhammad,an-Naqi (as),who is also known as Imam Al-Hadi (as).imamate in Shia Islam is a divine institution just like prophethood is in Islam generally.

now you keep telling us that defaming or insulting God should not be a crime under blasphemy laws because God is not a human being.i disagreed with that and told you that when God is offended or insulted,humans feel targted and their beliefs insulted.now,the 10th holy Imam was insulted.he is a human being.so is it okay now for blashpemy law to defend his memory? what do you think? you are being judged by your own words.

aside,if this hypocrite living in the west does not like the iranian regime,he should ask what life was in Iran before the Islamic revolution under the iranian monarchy.can you in the UK question the regime or the monarchy as the legitimate representative of the british people? can you try to talk against it and campaign for regime change and still live in the UK? so why should it be different in Iran? can you in Nigeria ask for regime change? boko haram wants to change secular Nigeria to an "islamic Nigeria" according to them.don't you see how hated and criminal they look? so please save us the BS.and please don't bring me a comedy show of a comedian cracking jokes about the queen of england because that is not what i am talking about.

poverty is everywhere.poverty is in the increase in the west and unemployment is on the rise.Iran is forging ahead and that is important.poverty in Iran was worse before the Islamic revolution in 1979 by Ayatollah Khomeini.the poverty rate in Iran has seen a remarkable decline.as at 2007,Iran's poverty rate stands at 18%.Nigeria's poverty rate stands at 34%.the United States of America's poverty rate stands at 15%.

so don't try to sound dramatic as usual.poverty is a relative term also.and take into account the progress Iran has made since 1979 and the sanctions and war imposed on it to cripple its establishments all because Iran is having an Islamic regime.

"Progress Of Iran Under An Islamic Regime (shariah)"
https://www.nairaland.com/908175/progress-iran-under-islamic-regime

that has nothing to do with shariah or whatever criticism you are throwing in here.the popstar is moved by sentiment.

you fail to see the point of such a fatwa.there is no way this rapper after committing what he committed would return to Iran.he'd continue to live wherever he is in the west in comfort.

however,such a fatwa and its value is not the measured by executing the rapper or the perpetrator but sending out a clear message.this message also will make life difficult for the rapper because life for him would become extremely unsecured and unsafe for him.it will also be a deterrent to respect the sensitivity of people and holy figures.

if this rapper were in Iran and committed this crime,his punishment if arrested would not reach the level of execution for blasphemy.he'd have being told to repent,apologize and given a fine or flogged publically for an initial offense depending on iranian laws and what they really are and what they specify as punishment for such a case.but since,this rapper in far away europe has taken it upon himself to declare war with music,it has therefore being responded in kind.

see what happened to Julian Assange of wikileaks and the american request for him to be extradited and punished.what happened to the soldier who provided Assange with the leaks?when you go against the nation or the state,you'd be punished.being away and lynching your own country will only make the offense worse.

Do you want to kill yourself with Iran? See the unnecessary information that you are putting. Let's summarise;

1) I mentioned the rapper's offence. So you are lying when you said that I refrained from mentioning his offence.
2) I know the story of Naqi. The rapper made a song about naqi and I have read the english translation.
3) The fatwa is for his execution. Must you Shia guys execute people who live outside Iran and talk negatively about islam?
4) What are your sharia courts for? Why not either try to extradite? If that fails, your best option is to ban his music. Why must your guys resort to murder?
5) The poverty rate is over 30% stop giving me government falsified statistics. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/tehranbureau/2011/03/irans-cities-a-sea-of-poverty.html
http://www.payvand.com/news/09/oct/1142.html
6) You have started with your false equivalence again! Assange will face trial if extradited. The soldier who helped Assange (Whom I think is a hero) is also facing trial for his actions. The prosecutors clearly state that they are not going for the death penalty. Bradley Manning is seen as a hero in America by many people and that's why they cant execute him.

The difference with Manning/Assange and the Iranian rapper is that Manning/Assange face court trials and can defend themselves but the rapper has no defense, he will either be killed or live in fear like Salman Rushdie.

(1) (Reply)

The Essence Of Identity, Muslim Conduct In Our Contemporary World. / Please Who Is Mosihu Dajal? / Qur'anic Verses/hadiths Of The Prophet P.b.u.h Supporting Qur'anic Competitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.