Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,825 members, 7,828,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" (23360 Views)

Secrets Of A Muslim Woman / Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy / Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by LagosShia: 11:10am On Aug 13, 2014
Iranian mathematician Maryam Mirzakhani wins the Fields Medal, considered the Nobel of math, and breaks into a male-dominated academic elite. All 52 previous winners of the award were men.

A female mathematician has won the most prestigious prize in math for the first time, a hugely symbolic breakthrough for gender equality in one of the most male-dominated areas of academic research.

http://rt.com/news/179920-iranian-woman-fields-medal/

http://time.com/3105056/math-prize-woman/

40 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by maclatunji: 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
^Alhamdulillahi. Let her continue, I do not love nor hate maths.

23 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by Maisuya1: 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
Masha Allah,

I pray my wife studying mathematics at masters level surpasses that feat.

Can I get an ameen to that?

103 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by sino(m): 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
Maisuya1: Masha Allah,

Ameen! cheesy

erm, what about you?

16 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by chakula: 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2014

Amen!

1 Like

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2014
Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by zurine(f): 11:29am On Aug 15, 2014
wow
Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by sirjohnson(m): 11:29am On Aug 15, 2014
Read the complete story of the nobel winner HERE plus photo and tweets

1 Like

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by wellmax(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2014
So because she's from Iran , it has now become an Islam affair.
I challenge Nigerian alajas to do the same and show us their academic prowess.
Congrats to the woman jare

68 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by obamaobama: 11:30am On Aug 15, 2014
Good 4 her
Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by TheRealAdonye(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2014
I stopped liking Maths when they started adding letters to it.. If na only numbers, I for don win this prize tey tey..

75 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by stonemind(f): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2014
sure I'll get there someday.... insha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by yorke1: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2014
Good for her. Only if most girls can emulate her and face book and not facebook.

23 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by Okijajuju1(m): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2014
She Probably uses it for Evil.. angry

8 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by allisonluvsu(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2014
great
Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by Adek15(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2014

amen
Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by cockycock: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2014
At least lets hear something good from the Arab world. Kudos to her

18 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by stonemind(f): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2014
TheRealAdonye: .

lolss that's an old skul stuff naaaa
try and upgrade I beg

1 Like

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by nora544: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2014
and why you don't tell that she got it together with 3 other people.

They gave it to 4 people this year 1 woman and 3 men!

14 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2014
a hugely symbolic breakthrough for gender equality in one of the most male-dominated areas of academic research.

Seriously? Must everything be about gender equality? This is just stupid

6 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by diamond4life: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2014
welcome development
Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2014
Wow.. The first good news from iran since 1800

37 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by TheRealAdonye(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2014
Already did..

stonemind:

lolss that's an old skul stuff naaaa
try and upgrade I beg
Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by RayMcBlue(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2014
Somehow, the Nairaland Muslims have turned this great feat from the Iranian - which btw has no religious undertone whatsoever - into an Islamic Conquest. Wow! Just Wow! Islamic inferiority complex rearing it's ugly head yet again.

69 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by uzoexcel(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2014
nice one

1 Like

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by bastien: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2014
The person wey invent maths any where wey him dey Ebola go catch am grin

Like if u hate math

15 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by datguru: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2014
sad
Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by mmmustapha(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2014
I never been a fan of maths, with all my ss classes only one maths I sabi that's SOD. world will have been better without maths. Juma@t Kareem guys, God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by ahika(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2014
#In Nicodemus voice*

What must I do to win this nobel award?

4 Likes

Re: Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" by ebbymayox(m): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2014
www.tlkdrum.com
Talking Drum is an Educative Blog,discussing daily issues that we most likely don't pay attention to, most fascinating and rare gems of human knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have / Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions / Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.