Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? (10585 Views)

Kogi State Polytechnic Named After Prince Abubakar Audu / Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. / 6 Types Of Students You Will meet In A University Matriculation Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by PhysicsQED(m): 4:18am On May 20, 2012
Or do they not understand who he is?

http://www.ibbu.edu.ng/
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Ejine(m): 9:00am On May 20, 2012
PhysicsQED: Or do they not understand who he is?

http://www.ibbu.edu.ng/

Isn't that a private university ghost-built by IBB? That's old news.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by ektbear: 9:18am On May 20, 2012
Why would Niger State indigenes in general or this particular LGA have a problem with him?

Just because he was bad for most Nigerians doesn't mean that he was bad for say his home LGA or those near it..
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by nduchucks: 9:32am On May 20, 2012
ekt_bear: Why would Niger State indigenes in general or this particular LGA have a problem with him?

Just because he was bad for most Nigerians doesn't mean that he was bad for say his home LGA or those near it..

What a narrow minded opinion/question! Quite disappointing
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Jakumo(m): 9:40am On May 20, 2012
Former Nigerian military dictator Ibrahim Babangida did recieve numerous honorary academic accolades during his 8-year tenure in power, but the suffixes most frequently appended to Babangida's name are "FSS" , which stands for "Phucking Sly Sumbitch" and of course "MNI", which stands for Masterminded Nigeria's ILLS"

The aforementioned "academic" laurels ENTITLE the Evil Genius Babangida to lend his esteemed name to any institution of higher learning that approaches him for the privilege. I suggest that the Oluwole Academy of Forgery Systems Technology could be re-named the "Evil Genius School of Hard Knocks", with immediate effect and alacrity.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by nap2: 9:59am On May 20, 2012
ekt_bear: Why would Niger State indigenes in general or this particular LGA have a problem with him?

It's for this same reason that there's a stadium in Kano named after Sani Abacha.

Babangida is popular in Minna.

Sani Abacha is popular in Kano.

GEJ is popular in the SS/SE.

Buhari is popular in the north.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by nap2: 10:12am On May 20, 2012
Jakumo: Former Nigerian military dictator Ibrahim Babangida did recieve numerous honorary academic accolades during his 8-year tenure in power, but the suffixes most frequently appended to Babangida's name are "FSS" , which stands for "Phucking Sly Sumbitch" and of course "MNI", which stands for Masterminded Nigeria's ILLS"

The aforementioned "academic" laurels ENTITLE the Evil Genius Babangida to lend his esteemed name to any institution of higher learning that approaches him for the privilege. I suggest that the Oluwole Academy of Forgery Systems Technology could be re-named the "Evil Genius School of Hard Knocks", with immediate effect and alacrity.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Geomac: 12:01pm On May 20, 2012
@OP
The University is owned by Niger State. The state can name it after anybody. What is your problem?

1 Like

Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 20, 2012
@OP, wetin concern you, are you from Niger state?

1 Like

Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by jmaine: 12:38pm On May 20, 2012
As the foremost name in Niger State coupled with his immense philantropic nature by doling out undiluted mints towards the welfare of the institution can fetch him that . . .

They are free to name their University after me sef . .No yawa grin
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by PhysicsQED(m): 4:48pm On May 20, 2012
The point of this thread is that it's foolish and embarrassing to name a university after a known rogue, even if he's one of your people. I don't understand why they can't grasp that.

@Ejine, how did he 'ghost-build' it? Did he provide the funds, and if so, with what money from what occupation? Roguery?
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by ektbear: 6:20am On May 21, 2012
That others consider my son a rogue doesn't mean that I will agree.

In general, there are two sides to every story, at least two ways of interpreting every situation.

Doesn't make sense to assume that IBB's kinsmen will share the same distaste for him as you do.

He isn't even necessarily hated in the North, let alone in his own state, let alone what is probably the neighboring LGA.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by naptu2: 6:32am On May 21, 2012
Gen Buhari is on nairaland proclaiming that Abacha is a saint. There are people who believe that Babangida is a saint. He hasn't been convicted of anything. He is seen as a hero by many in Niger State.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Afam4eva(m): 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
@Physics
IBB's unpopularity is only evident in the south especially the south-west because of the june 12 saga but in the north the story is different. It's similar to the way majority of people outside the south-east view Ojukwu.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by BusHouse(m): 3:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
Jakumo: Former Nigerian military dictator Ibrahim Babangida did recieve numerous honorary academic accolades during his 8-year tenure in power, but the suffixes most frequently appended to Babangida's name are "FSS" , which stands for "Phucking Sly Sumbitch" and of course "MNI", which stands for Masterminded Nigeria's ILLS"

Another name for IBB is International Born Bastard.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Habibakasim(f): 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2012
Wat is u guys problm wit ibbu dat d name d state wnt so even we d nigerlites never likd it bt wat cn we do. Am a graduat of ibbul n hapy 2 b 1 n also a nigerlite

2 Likes

Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Bontee: 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
The university belongs to the state government so they can give it whatever name they like and so does the federal government exercise same right to change the name of UNILAG to MAULAG.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by PeterKbaba: 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2012
the president said boko haram (who are the bombers) has infiltrated his government. The question now is WHO IS THE PRESIDENTS GOVERNMENT AND EMPLOYEE ( NO BE PDP, SO WATIN CONCERN BUAHRI ). PDP top members Atiku & Ibb way WARN Jonathan before he became president that since Jonathan DOES NOT WANT PEACE BY Allowing Atiku become president.

Don’t push us to the wall, Violence may be inevitable -Atiku warns

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/zoning-don%E2%80%99t-push-us-to-the-wall-violence-may-be-inevitable-atiku-warns/

SO PLEASE TELL ME WHO BOKO HARAM IS, UNDER WHAT PARTY MEMBERS, AND WHO ARE THE MEMBERS THAT JONATHAN WAS TALKING ABOUT WHEN HE SAID BOKO HARAM AS INFILTRATED HIS GOVERNMENThuhhuh?? I'M WAITING FOR YOUR ANSWER AND PLS DONT BIT AROUND THE BUSH. ASK BEAF TO EXPLAIN BETTER.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by MrGlobe(m): 3:17pm On Jun 01, 2012
Apart from Nnamdi Azikiwe, Nigeria only like to immortalize crooks, thieves and tribalist. IBB university, Abiola University, Awolowo University, Obasanjo Space center.
Why is there no wole soyinka university - first and only nobel leaureate, Buhari University, Chinue Achebe University or what have you. Its all about scoring cheap political points. I expect Tinubu and Adedibu Universities soon!
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by VEE2010(m): 3:20pm On Jun 01, 2012
I don't think naming a school after IBB is necessary. Already, we have one closer to what I would have suggested. Do not forget we have MADONNA UNIVERSITY. I think, there'll be a serious name problem if we have MARADONA UNIVERSITY.

1 Like

Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Charlynaira: 3:20pm On Jun 01, 2012
It is always good to give honour to whom honour is due. Naming the state univesity after Ibb is one of the ways the people of Niger want to appreciate him for becoming the head of this country. How many states have produced a head of state in this country? Why won't Niger state appreciate him.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by chucky234(m): 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2012
Laughing in Japanese.... IBB university hmmm
But come isn't MAULAG pronounced as MALU (as in cow),Unilag to MAULAG.... GEJ never ceased to amaze us
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Apart from Nnamdi Azikiwe, Nigeria only like to immortalize crooks, thieves and tribalist. IBB university, Abiola University, Awolowo University, Obasanjo Space center.
Why is there no wole soyinka university - first and only nobel leaureate, Buhari University, Chinue Achebe University or what have you. Its all about scoring cheap political points. I expect Tinubu and Adedibu Universities soon!

You sick sonovabitch. . .what did Zik achieve other than tribalism to deserve an immortalization ? May the curse of Eyo ita continue to torment him in hell. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by ACM10: 3:30pm On Jun 01, 2012
You are not alone. I ask the same question too. Only criminalz receive accolades in Nigeria. People that brought glory and happiness to millionz of Nigerianz are left to die in misery. Their namez are quickly forgotten. While criminals like IBB, Abacha, Murtala Muhammed are immortalized. The person whose case baffles me most iz Murtala Muhammed. He iz a war criminal who commanded the forces that massacred civilians at Asaba and worshipperz at Onitsha. He iz barely educated. He took over the country after coup, even though Obasanjo wz hiz superior. He achieved nothing for the country. He wz killed just the way he killed otherz. But on hz death everyone wz fallin on each other to get somethin named after him. I wonder what I would tell my kidz if they ask me who these criminalz are.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Almustee(m): 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2012
That university is a state university own by niger state gov't, it's neither private university nor own by IBB. Beware
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Fesisko(m): 3:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
ACM10: You are not alone. I ask the same question too. Only criminalz receive accolades in Nigeria. People that brought glory and happiness to millionz of Nigerianz are left to die in misery. Their namez are quickly forgotten. While criminals like IBB, Abacha, Murtala Muhammed are immortalized. The person whose case baffles me most iz Murtala Muhammed. He iz a war criminal who commanded the forces that massacred civilians at Asaba and worshipperz at Onitsha. He iz barely educated. He took over the country after coup, even though Obasanjo wz hiz superior. He achieved nothing for the country. He wz killed just the way he killed otherz. But on hz death everyone wz fallin on each other to get somethin named after him. I wonder what I would tell my kidz if they ask me who these criminalz are.
that is Naija for you my Brother.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by ebamma(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2012
one man's food is anoda man's poison.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by philip0906(m): 4:37pm On Jun 01, 2012
but it won't be wrong 2 name a university after d ibb's friend in roguerry obj? undecided
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Reference(m): 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2012
PhysicsQED: The point of this thread is that it's foolish and embarrassing to name a university after a known rogue, even if he's one of your people. I don't understand why they can't grasp that.

@Ejine, how did he 'ghost-build' it? Did he provide the funds, and if so, with what money from what occupation? Roguery?

You don't understand yet you see folks jumping up and down everyday shouting corruption. I don't think there's a simpler mathematical equation out there.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by juman(m): 5:00pm On Jun 01, 2012
Mr. Globe:

grin you mean Lamidi Adedibu University of Ibadan, that would be interesting. grin grin
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Reference(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
naptu2: Gen Buhari is on nairaland proclaiming that Abacha is a saint. There are people who believe that Babangida is a saint. He hasn't been convicted of anything. He is seen as a hero by many in Niger State.

Okay, so like sunshine, the intensity of felony is directly proportional to the square of the distance between the felon and the general public and inversely proportional to the tangent of the location of his kinsmen.

That is why I say we are not ready to tackle corruption. We better attend to geography and perhaps mathematics first.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by klairekk: 5:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
Have any of you been to Niger State? For you information IBB worked well n bears a positive image that wil run in his family for generations.

HATE HIM OR LIKE HIM, History wont forget him

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNICAF Scholarships For Students In Nigeria / 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash / Project Topics And Materials In Christian Religious Studies Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.