Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (625872 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by ComrdDRS: 7:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
I APPLY FOR ACCOUNT THROUGH DIRECT ENTRY. BUT BASE ON WHAT I M HEARING, IT SEEMS I M UNTO 1 CHANCE.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
ComrdDRS:
I APPLY FOR ACCOUNT THROUGH DIRECT ENTRY. BUT BASE ON WHAT I M HEARING, IT SEEMS I M UNTO 1 CHANCE.

That will depend on what you mean by one chance, normally, NUC review the stutus of a course offered in Universities at regular interval (in years).

Some courses in Universities are not accredited.
Some may be accredited, after review, they lose the accreditation.
Others get interim accreditation
Some get partial accreditation
And lastly, some others are full.

Accounting lost their accreditation. The punitive measure may or may not include ban on new admission. If a ban is placed on new admission, then the course may not admit new student. However, students already in it will graduate hitch-free.
So far, I don't know if any 100L accounting student are being admitted. But I think they are, so no need for crying one Chance.

One chance should be when a course isn't accredited at all ( not that it lost its accreditation). For in this case, admitted students won't be graduated.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by iamskatertola(m): 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
Please does uniabuja accept direct entry candidate, if yes what are their requirement and advised course to put in for to be offered admission NB- am a science student
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
docmoses:
guy how far i wanna ask ya xum questions
dah collage of health is it in psite or dah teaching hospital?
permanent site..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
sakaguchi:
Good afternoon good people of this thread.

Congratulations to all those who have been admitted.

My prayers are with all those yet to be admitted. Another admission list is coming out and more people will be admitted, more than those already admitted. So patience and confidence in God, hopefully, you all will be giving praises and testimonies after this period of waiting and anxiety.

A very special mention to Jason555. No doubt your passion for medicine is amazing. I can't wait to see you here. All the best and pray! God is in control.
thanks sire... Just keep praying for me... Can't wait to see you too....

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
iamskatertola:
Please does uniabuja accept direct entry candidate, if yes what are their requirement and advised course to put in for to be offered admission NB- am a science student

Yea, they accept DE students.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by docmoses(m): 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
sakaguchi:

Well, if you are admitted into medicine 100L, you are not considered as a medical student yet until you get to 200L. You will be ushered into the college officially after you pass all 100L exams during which all your courses will be in pure Sciences (physics, chemistry, biology, statistics and GSTs). Till then, you may stay in the school hostel if you wish, but this is on a first come first serve basis just like any other student. Also, should you wish to be off-campus, no problem.

Same thing also applies to 200L and 300L students, but this time, the college will apply for the school hostel for all 200L and 300L medical student. Thus, designated rooms are given to the students so that only medical students are room-mates ( to give them ample time to read for their MB exams), however, most student still prefer to stay off-campus, the college will provide a bus to convey these students who stay off campus to the College.

400L-600L students who are in their clinicals are housed in a medical hostel located in the Teaching Hospital. Also, you may wish to be off-campus if you so choose.

Well, if you applied medicine 4 years ago, it will have been one chance. Today, the course is accredited, this was done 2013. Hence, U neva enter one chance cheesy

Read this for more info:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nuc-grants-accreditation-to-uniabuja-suspended-courses/154220/
THANK YOU VERT MUCH
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by docmoses(m): 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jason555:
permanent site..
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by docmoses(m): 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
sakaguchi:
Good afternoon good people of this thread.

Congratulations to all those who have been admitted.

My prayers are with all those yet to be admitted. Another admission list is coming out and more people will be admitted, more than those already admitted. So patience and confidence in God, hopefully, you all will be giving praises and testimonies after this period of waiting and anxiety.

A very special mention to Jason555. No doubt your passion for medicine is amazing. I can't wait to see you here. All the best and pray! God is in control.
sorry are you a medical student?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 6:52am On Oct 17, 2015
15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About.

• SELLING OF MANUALS
The Campus can never be separated from manuals and hand outs from lectures. You can utilize that opportunity to be the class agent for these manuals. The moment it is being handed out by the lecturer, you take the pain and run the photocopy for everyone interested. And you charge them for your service. You don’t even have to invest a dime, simply make a deal with the business centre and they will allow you run the copies on credit, which you pay later after you must have sold the manuals to your fellow students. This is one of the potential small business ideas for college students.

• HELP OTHERS WITH THEIR NOTES
A practical example of good business ideas on a college campus is helping others academically. As we all know that what most lecturers do is to come to class and give lengthy notes without even an explanation, which is always an issue for some students who write so slowly. You can play on their weakness and charge them for writing their note for them. You charge them high as not writing is not an easy task.

• CLOTH PRESSING
You don’t necessary have to wash here as that could be quite tedious. Simply get your colleagues that will want to look good but are lazy to iron their shirts. Charge them per shirt and you will be surprised how many people will turn up for your services.

• SOUP COOKINGThis will go well for the ladies. You know how amateur guys are when it comes to preparing soups and so on. You could offer to do this and get paid. It could be run as a home service or you have a spot where they all can come and get their soups cooked. You can even go the extra mile of assisting them in getting the ingredients. With this, you charge them more.

• PEPPER BLENDING
Are you looking for university campus business ideas? Do you have a blender and you even do nothing with it? Why not turn it into a money making machine and start helping your hostel mates to get their pepper blended at a fee. You charge them for the level of smoothness they desire and you will surely get some returns through this.

• DISH WASHING
You can assist the lazy students in your hostel to do this and don’t be surprised how many of them will sign up for your service. It might sound odd, but you don’t need to care as your focus is making extra income for yourself.

• HOUSE PAINTING
This might require some expertise, but at least it is not some task that is so hard to accomplish. But if you have the skills, why not utilise it and start making money with it. Painting is one profitable business ideas while in campus.

• ERRANDS
Another good example of college campus business ideas is to run errands for other students. Don’t consider it as a slave-job or whatsoever, you simply package yourself and you will be respected. You can just open a twitter handle and let orders be made online by anyone that needs your service. They tweet at you and you get what they want for them and you are paid.

• ASSIGNMENTS
Need business ideas while in university? You can assist your colleagues with their assignments if you are well-versed with the internet. You simply gather a lot of information on the given assignment and you sell unique answers to each of them. This even makes you charge them more. Trust me, this is one lucrative example of business ideas on a college campus.

• SPACE BOOKING
Some people are late comers. Make money from them by helping them book a space at the front row in class and you are being paid for this service. This is a classical type of innovative business ideas for college students.

• PHOTO BACKGROUND
This is something have not noticed on campuses. You can have beautiful backdrops made of leather o flex that people can use in snapping photos. You simply copyright it with the SUG that no one will use the idea for like 2 years. People that need beautiful backgrounds for their picture will definitely have to pay you. You can even design the back drop like an event backdrop with different logos.

• CAR WASH
There are students with cars on every campus. Just go to them and help with their cars. They will even pay you more for rendering a home service on that.

• FLASH DRIVE CLEANSING
This is simply helping other students clean their flash drive with original anti-virus. Most of the flash drives around are carrying a lot of viruses simply because most students utilise fake anti-virus. You simply take the pain of purchasing an original one, which might not cost more than N10,000 and you charge everyone that needs to clean their external devices.

• COMPUTER TRAINING
Don’t be surprised that some students don’t know how to operate the computer. Offer to train them on the basic computing or even how to browse the internet and they will pay you massively for this.

• BLOG TRAINING
This is another means through which you can make a lot of money on campus. The most important thing you need to have is blogging knowledge, once you have this you are good to go. You might not even have a computer system. The training can be run at the cyber cafe for a start and as time goes on, you get your own personal PC

• LAUNDRY SERVICES
Do you have a washing machine, and then you can charge other students to use your gadget or better still run it for them and they pay you.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 7:56am On Oct 17, 2015
docmoses:
sorry are you a medical student?
Yea
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by docmoses(m): 8:38am On Oct 17, 2015
sakaguchi:

Yea
owk

what level are you?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 8:47am On Oct 17, 2015
docmoses:
owk

what level are you?

pls can i have ur facebook name?

Let me have yours, I'll add you up.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by docmoses(m): 8:51am On Oct 17, 2015
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by AgbenuAnna(f): 9:57pm On Oct 17, 2015
I thought I read list will be out today?how come this thread is moving as slow as a snail?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by AgbenuAnna(f): 10:01pm On Oct 17, 2015
chukwudi1989:
15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About.

• SELLING OF MANUALS
The Campus can never be separated from manuals and hand outs from lectures. You can utilize that opportunity to be the class agent for these manuals. The moment it is being handed out by the lecturer, you take the pain and run the photocopy for everyone interested. And you charge them for your service. You don’t even have to invest a dime, simply make a deal with the business centre and they will allow you run the copies on credit, which you pay later after you must have sold the manuals to your fellow students. This is one of the potential small business ideas for college students.(16)selling of indomie and egg if u stay in the hostel or bread ,(17) kerosine .Try it thank me later

• HELP OTHERS WITH THEIR NOTES
A practical example of good business ideas on a college campus is helping others academically. As we all know that what most lecturers do is to come to class and give lengthy notes without even an explanation, which is always an issue for some students who write so slowly. You can play on their weakness and charge them for writing their note for them. You charge them high as not writing is not an easy task.

• CLOTH PRESSING
You don’t necessary have to wash here as that could be quite tedious. Simply get your colleagues that will want to look good but are lazy to iron their shirts. Charge them per shirt and you will be surprised how many people will turn up for your services.

• SOUP COOKINGThis will go well for the ladies. You know how amateur guys are when it comes to preparing soups and so on. You could offer to do this and get paid. It could be run as a home service or you have a spot where they all can come and get their soups cooked. You can even go the extra mile of assisting them in getting the ingredients. With this, you charge them more.

• PEPPER BLENDING
Are you looking for university campus business ideas? Do you have a blender and you even do nothing with it? Why not turn it into a money making machine and start helping your hostel mates to get their pepper blended at a fee. You charge them for the level of smoothness they desire and you will surely get some returns through this.

• DISH WASHING
You can assist the lazy students in your hostel to do this and don’t be surprised how many of them will sign up for your service. It might sound odd, but you don’t need to care as your focus is making extra income for yourself.

• HOUSE PAINTING
This might require some expertise, but at least it is not some task that is so hard to accomplish. But if you have the skills, why not utilise it and start making money with it. Painting is one profitable business ideas while in campus.

• ERRANDS
Another good example of college campus business ideas is to run errands for other students. Don’t consider it as a slave-job or whatsoever, you simply package yourself and you will be respected. You can just open a twitter handle and let orders be made online by anyone that needs your service. They tweet at you and you get what they want for them and you are paid.

• ASSIGNMENTS
Need business ideas while in university? You can assist your colleagues with their assignments if you are well-versed with the internet. You simply gather a lot of information on the given assignment and you sell unique answers to each of them. This even makes you charge them more. Trust me, this is one lucrative example of business ideas on a college campus.

• SPACE BOOKING
Some people are late comers. Make money from them by helping them book a space at the front row in class and you are being paid for this service. This is a classical type of innovative business ideas for college students.

• PHOTO BACKGROUND
This is something have not noticed on campuses. You can have beautiful backdrops made of leather o flex that people can use in snapping photos. You simply copyright it with the SUG that no one will use the idea for like 2 years. People that need beautiful backgrounds for their picture will definitely have to pay you. You can even design the back drop like an event backdrop with different logos.

• CAR WASH
There are students with cars on every campus. Just go to them and help with their cars. They will even pay you more for rendering a home service on that.

• FLASH DRIVE CLEANSING
This is simply helping other students clean their flash drive with original anti-virus. Most of the flash drives around are carrying a lot of viruses simply because most students utilise fake anti-virus. You simply take the pain of purchasing an original one, which might not cost more than N10,000 and you charge everyone that needs to clean their external devices.

• COMPUTER TRAINING
Don’t be surprised that some students don’t know how to operate the computer. Offer to train them on the basic computing or even how to browse the internet and they will pay you massively for this.

• BLOG TRAINING
This is another means through which you can make a lot of money on campus. The most important thing you need to have is blogging knowledge, once you have this you are good to go. You might not even have a computer system. The training can be run at the cyber cafe for a start and as time goes on, you get your own personal PC

• LAUNDRY SERVICES
Do you have a washing machine, and then you can charge other students to use your gadget or better still run it for them and they pay you.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Abdullahi4u7(m): 6:50am On Oct 18, 2015
Good day everybody. I Am An Aspirant, I Applied For Medicine And Surgery. I Scored 224. I Started Getting Troubled When The School Management Announced That It Wont Admit Jamb Transferred Candidates Of Which I As One. Now That The First And Second List Is Out And I Have Not Been Admitted. Should I Forget Everything About The Admission Or Do I Still Have Any Chance Of Getting Admitted? Your Reply Will Be Appreciated.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dfinex(f): 7:19am On Oct 18, 2015
Olayemiy:
@Dfinex it doesn't require any amount in some local government,but some are collecting #500 for it.it depends on your local government.......AJI SEBI OYO LAARI.....

Please redirect. Thanks
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 18, 2015
Abdullahi4u7:
Good day everybody. I Am An Aspirant, I Applied For Medicine And Surgery. I Scored 224. I Started Getting Troubled When The School Management Announced That It Wont Admit Jamb Transferred Candidates Of Which I As One. Now That The First And Second List Is Out And I Have Not Been Admitted. Should I Forget Everything About The Admission Or Do I Still Have Any Chance Of Getting Admitted? Your Reply Will Be Appreciated.
bro, the only thing I've to say is uniabuja has finally joined the list of corrupt schools in Nigeria.... I've friends who had lower jamb scores and has been offered medicine.) only God knows how), no one even knows the criteria used in giving the admission.. (nad even the uniabuja students) how will a school refuse to conduct post ume and all of a sudden, release admission list) worse corruption ever).. I've a friend who's jamb score seems low (lower dhan yours, if he even got up to 200)he was Initially transferred by jamb bhu all if a sudden, uniabuja gave him mbbs.. 197 got mechanical engineering while people with 200+ are still waiting for uniabuja.. GOD DELIVER US
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Wittywizard(m): 8:58am On Oct 18, 2015
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has lifted the ban on admission into the programmes of the University of Abuja (UniAbuja) Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education (CDL&CE). Executive Secretary of NUC, Professor Julius Okojie, in a letter to the Vice- Chancellor of the University, Professor Michael Adikwu, dated October 12, 2015, said that the moratorium placed on admission into the University’s Centre had been lifted following a recommendation by a panel constituted by the Commission for an on-site assessment which concluded the exercise between September 2 and 5, 2015. The University’s distance learning programme failed a revalidation assessment by the NUC in 2012 resulting in the ban on admission into the Centre’s courses for nearly two years. A post-revalidation visit in December 2014, however, resulted in the ban being lifted provisionally which only allowed the University to commence the process of admitting students while remedying outstanding deficiencies and awaiting the NUC’s final post- revalidation visit. According to a statement issued on Saturday by the University’s Deputy Registrar (Information and Publications), Waziri Garba and made available to The Nation, Okojie said that the Commission had now approved that: “the moratorium on admission of students into the five (5) approved programmes be lifted and academic work may commence for 2015/2016 academic session.”
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bamysquare(m): 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
how good is the veterinary medicine, my Frnd got admission in uniabuja and he was give vet. medicine..can any body in the huz debrief me abt it . thanks in anticipation
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
bamysquare:
how good is the veterinary medicine, my Frnd got admission in uniabuja and he was give vet. medicine..can any body in the huz debrief me abt it . thanks in anticipation

It is good, congratulations to your friend.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bamysquare(m): 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
sakaguchi:

It is good, congratulations to your friend.
Have they (NUC) accredited it(veterinary medicine) .sorry to ask are u a continuing student?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
bamysquare:
Have they (NUC) accredited it(veterinary medicine) .sorry to ask are u a continuing student?

Yea. They have interim accreditation and most of their graduates are working now after NYSC.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bamysquare(m): 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
sakaguchi:

Yea. They have interim accreditation and most of their graduates are working now after NYSC.
I guess my Frnd is lucky then... thanks saka-guchi 4 the info.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 6:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
bamysquare:
I guess my Frnd is lucky then... thanks saka-guchi 4 the info.

You are welcome.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Abdullahi4u7(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
Is there going to be another list? Pls someone should check my admission status for me 55631305BH
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 1:43pm On Oct 19, 2015
[sub][/sub]
Abdullahi4u7:
Is there going to be another list? Pls someone should check my admission status for me 55631305BH
Definitely...
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by julimartins(f): 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
gud evening er'1...... pls does anyone knows anything abt diploma..... please I need answers urgently..... tanx
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by brygitte(f): 8:55am On Oct 20, 2015
morning everyone.....has anyone been given admission in accounting department?my younger sis is very worried..... sad
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Help4rmme2u(m): 10:31pm On Oct 20, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.