Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,247 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! (2650 Views)

Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? / Paul, A Confused Man, Very Illogical... / Atheism: The illogical philosophy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by tobnical(m): 7:20pm On May 20, 2012
how reasonable is it for one to say that d Bible is the book dat best describe the life of Muhammed. i think it shld be the Quran. In the same vein, the Bible is the book dat best describe who Jesus is and the life He lived. it often disgusts me when i see muslims arguing dat Jesus did not die.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by olasesi(m): 2:02am On May 21, 2012
tobnical: how reasonable is it for one to say that d Bible is the book dat best describe the life of Muhammed.
it will be very unreasonable......
because the tians will not agree that the bible says anything about prophet muhammed.....
again it baffles me that the bible seen by many as the word of God overlooked the great coming of prophet muhammed, a man whose existence has in one way or the other shappened the universe,EVIL, as some people see him and KIND as some other will.
at least it(the bible) should av warned xtians against him i.e(it should say "an arab man shall come claiming another religion and preaching his doctrines to you.he shall indirectly cause great bloodshed in the world and he shall av many followers, he shall cause rivalry between you and them...etc"wink....this would av been the greatest miracle of the bible..........but it missed it.

tobnical: i think it shld be the Quran.
NO. it's not the Quran...
the Quran is viewed by the muslims as the LAST TESTAMENT i.e(like the summary of all the scriptures that has gone before it).
it contains stories of the evil ways of the people before us, their rebellion, the prophet that was sent to them and their punishment after rejecting the warnings of their propeths...
it also contains laws (family laws, business laws)law of human relation.etc
it contains few scientific miracles,prophesies,matters in which people differ,the description of paradise,angels,jinns and hell.
so you see there are more serious things to discuss in the quran than just the story of one man(as if he was the founder of islam).
people have long been living in arabia before the prophet was born, so the quran need not tell us about him. the people of arabia should.
if u want to get the story of prophet muhammed, go to the hadiths(a book containing the sayings and doings of prophet muhammed).
it might also be interesting to know that "jesus" appears in the quran 25 times and "muhammed", only 5 times( at least he was careful not to mention his name too many times while he was writing the quran so that people do not become suspicious if the quarn was the book of God or of muhammed).....
a chapter of the quran is called "mary" the mother of jesus...
aminah was the mother of the prophet,khadijah,the mother of his kids, aishah, his beloved wive and faatimah his lovely daugther....
and none these personalities can be found in the quran...
....not even in the table of content or the preface...
...this should not surprise as...THE QURAN IS NOT THE BOOK OF MUHAMMED AND WOULD CONTAIN NO SUCH THING...
it contains the MOST SIGNIFICANT of everything.

tobnical: the Bible is the book dat best describe who Jesus is and the life He lived. .
NO i disagree....
the quran and bible both contain the story of jesus..why sould i take from the bible and not the quran...
pls dont say "because the bible came first or because it is more detailed"
cos i would ask "does first mean best or detailed, reliable".
....and now a small TEST
when describing the last hours of jesus christ one of the gospels said he carried his cross by himself and another said he was helped..
who was/were the first person(s) to rush to his tomb on the day after the sabbath?.
mention the genealogy of jesus from david to joseph....(dont ask me"according to which gospel"..... should the genealogy of one person be different in any gospel?)
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by Ayomivic(m): 8:45am On May 21, 2012
olasesi:
it will be very unreasonable......
because the tians will not agree that the bible says anything about prophet muhammed.....
again it baffles me that the bible seen by many as the word of God overlooked the great coming of prophet muhammed, a man whose existence has in one way or the other shappened the universe,EVIL, as some people see him and KIND as some other will.
at least it(the bible) should av warned xtians against him i.e(it should say "an arab man shall come claiming another religion and preaching his doctrines to you.he shall indirectly cause great bloodshed in the world and he shall av many followers, he shall cause rivalry between you and them...etc"wink....this would av been the greatest miracle of the bible..........but it missed it.

NO. it's not the Quran...
the Quran is viewed by the muslims as the LAST TESTAMENT i.e(like the summary of all the scriptures that has gone before it).
it contains stories of the evil ways of the people before us, their rebellion, the prophet that was sent to them and their punishment after rejecting the warnings of their propeths...
it also contains laws (family laws, business laws)law of human relation.etc
it contains few scientific miracles,prophesies,matters in which people differ,the description of paradise,angels,jinns and hell.
so you see there are more serious things to discuss in the quran than just the story of one man(as if he was the founder of islam).
people have long been living in arabia before the prophet was born, so the quran need not tell us about him. the people of arabia should.
if u want to get the story of prophet muhammed, go to the hadiths(a book containing the sayings and doings of prophet muhammed).
it might also be interesting to know that "jesus" appears in the quran 25 times and "muhammed", only 5 times( at least he was careful not to mention his name too many times while he was writing the quran so that people do not become suspicious if the quarn was the book of God or of muhammed).....
a chapter of the quran is called "mary" the mother of jesus...
aminah was the mother of the prophet,khadijah,the mother of his kids, aishah, his beloved wive and faatimah his lovely daugther....
and none these personalities can be found in the quran...
....not even in the table of content or the preface...
...this should not surprise as...THE QURAN IS NOT THE BOOK OF MUHAMMED AND WOULD CONTAIN NO SUCH THING...
it contains the MOST SIGNIFICANT of everything.

NO i disagree....
the quran and bible both contain the story of jesus..why sould i take from the bible and not the quran...
pls dont say "because the bible came first or because it is more detailed"
cos i would ask "does first mean best or detailed, reliable".
....and now a small TEST
when describing the last hours of jesus christ one of the gospels said he carried his cross by himself and another said he was helped..
who was/were the first person(s) to rush to his tomb on the day after the sabbath?.
mention the genealogy of jesus from david to joseph....(dont ask me"according to which gospel"..... should the genealogy of one person be different in any gospel?)

If you can answer these then i will answer your questio
n

1 was it true that Jesus came to earth ?

2 was he a true prophet sent by most high God?

3 what purpose did he comes to the earth for ?

4 what gospel did Jesus preach when on earth ?

You can answer according to your Quran.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by tobnical(m): 9:48am On May 21, 2012
the fact of the matter is that most of the stories abt Jesus in the Quran were not shown to Muhammed by GOD. since d Bible was written before he came. He only read the Bible/the history of Jesus and modified the stories there to suit his purpose.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by tobnical(m): 9:59am On May 21, 2012
if Muhammed had accepted that Jesus is the son of God and dat He died to save mankind from their sins, no body wud be muslim 2day.He needed to falsify d story to gain acceptance and followers.Jesus is the only way to heaven. Christian/Muslim,if you dont see Jesus before u see death den u re doomed

1 Like

Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by justaqad(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2012
tobnical: if Muhammed had accepted that Jesus is the son of God and dat He died to save mankind from their sins, no body wud be muslim 2day.He needed to falsify d story to gain acceptance and followers.Jesus is the only way to heaven. Christian/Muslim,if you dont see Jesus before u see death den u re doomed
olasesi has said it all.muslims believe the quran is the last testament,muslims also believe in the prophethood of jesus.so u think the quran is work of cheat,but is scientifically accurate,while the original (bible) cannot stand the test of time.who is fooling who?reason why atheist will forever bounce on christians is the chronological inconsistencies found in the bible the surposed word of God.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by manmacho: 1:25pm On May 21, 2012
justaqad:
olasesi has said it all.muslims believe the quran is the last testament,muslims also believe in the prophethood of jesus.so u think the quran is work of cheat,but is scientifically accurate,while the original (bible) cannot stand the test of time.who is fooling who?reason why atheist will forever bounce on christians is the chronological inconsistencies found in the bible the surposed word of God.

if the quaran is the last testament, give us the previous testament.

the bible testament are clearly complimentary while the quoran is so extranous.

where are your privous testament, pls. don't tell me is the bible
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by justaqad(m): 6:07pm On May 21, 2012
manmacho:

if the quaran is the last testament, give us the previous testament.

the bible testament are clearly complimentary while the quoran is so extranous.

where are your privous testament, pls. don't tell me is the bible

the quran confirmed the previous prophets and their messages of monotheism,the quran is so much on point....the bible as it is today is corrupt and inconsistent,so cannot qualify as a word of God.you want proof of previous testaments?grab a quran(i promise it wont bite)and confirm for yourself the confirmation of previous prophets and their messages.....
peace
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by brainchild78(m): 7:01pm On May 21, 2012
Rather than making assertions about religious perseptions based on unsubstatiated perceptions, you should focus on irrifutable facts. If one reads the Bible cover to cover then you will come to the conclusion that the assertion of the Koran being a final testiment is absolutely false. In the final book of the Bible - Revelation - it specifically indicates that no additional testimonies should be added or subtracted or like wise plagues in this book shall added or the individuals part in the book of life shall be taken away. Furthermore, the messenger that Jesus said will come after him that muslims claim to be Muhammed was not in fact a physical being but rather a spiritual personality popularly known to Christians as the Holy spirit. Additionally, the koran's account of Jesus and in fact any of the Biblical prophets is incomplete and distorted. I know the muslims may find this hard to swallow but I challenge them to prove me wrong by actually reading the unadultrated KJV and then venturing to examine the koran.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by oiseworld: 8:26pm On May 21, 2012
brainchild78: Rather than making assertions about religious perseptions based on unsubstatiated perceptions, you should focus on irrifutable facts. If one reads the Bible cover to cover then you will come to the conclusion that the assertion of the Koran being a final testiment is absolutely false. In the final book of the Bible - Revelation - it specifically indicates that no additional testimonies should be added or subtracted or like wise plagues in this book shall added or the individuals part in the book of life shall be taken away. Furthermore, the messenger that Jesus said will come after him that muslims claim to be Muhammed was not in fact a physical being but rather a spiritual personality popularly known to Christians as the Holy spirit. Additionally, the koran's account of Jesus and in fact any of the Biblical prophets is incomplete and distorted. I know the muslims may find this hard to swallow but I challenge them to prove me wrong by actually reading the unadultrated KJV and then venturing to examine the koran.

thank you bro,
i love the bible, it's opened and sealed not allowing anyloop hole for any religion to want to squeeze in or allign itself in.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by justaqad(m): 8:27pm On May 21, 2012
brainchild78: Rather than making assertions about religious perseptions based on unsubstatiated perceptions, you should focus on irrifutable facts. If one reads the Bible cover to cover then you will come to the conclusion that the assertion of the Koran being a final testiment is absolutely false. In the final book of the Bible - Revelation - it specifically indicates that no additional testimonies should be added or subtracted or like wise plagues in this book shall added or the individuals part in the book of life shall be taken away. Furthermore, the messenger that Jesus said will come after him that muslims claim to be Muhammed was not in fact a physical being but rather a spiritual personality popularly known to Christians as the Holy spirit. Additionally, the koran's account of Jesus and in fact any of the Biblical prophets is incomplete and distorted. I know the muslims may find this hard to swallow but I challenge them to prove me wrong by actually reading the unadultrated KJV and then venturing to examine the koran.
The bible as we all know is fully diluted,inconsistent and contradictory.it is the same bible that prophesied the coming of another prophet/messenger.but ur shallow mind would restrict u from seeing it.since u re hellbent christianity is the way,convince me to become a christian.i promise to be open minded.good luck
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by brainchild78(m): 9:43pm On May 21, 2012
justaqad: .
The bible as we all know is fully diluted,inconsistent and contradictory.it is the same bible that prophesied the coming of another prophet/messenger.but ur shallow mind would restrict u from seeing it.since u re hellbent christianity is the way,convince me to become a christian.i promise to be open minded.good luck
when you talk about shallow I recommend that you refer to yourself first. Any statements put forward about the authenticity of Christianity of islam should be backed with facts, which you actually failed to demonstrate. There is nowhere in the Kjv where it is stated that Jesus said he will send a physical messenger/prophet which islam claims to be mohammed. Jesus specificaly stated that he would send a comfortor will be clothed with a cloak dipped in blood. That comforter was specially indicated by Jesus as the Holy Spirit and not a so called prophet. Grab a kjv bible and examine it alongside your koran. Pull out your concrete facts and put aside your emotional sentiment. Otherwise put a lid on your insultive jestures that exhibit your height of mediorcrity.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by olasesi(m): 12:38am On May 22, 2012
tobnical: the fact of the matter is that most of the stories abt Jesus in the Quran were not shown to Muhammed by GOD.

yes it was not shown to him.
but it was communicated to him.

to whom was the conception of jesus christ shown to? none i guess.

tobnical: since d Bible was written before he came. He only read the Bible/the history of Jesus and modified the stories there to suit his purpose.

sorry you cant prove this.
...... Mr tobnical, muhammed was an illitrate and could not read the bible and there was no indication that it was ever read to him......
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by olasesi(m): 6:56am On May 22, 2012
*keeps mute*

1 Like

Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by tobnical(m): 8:21am On May 22, 2012
@Olasesi: u said "the messiah Jesus was not more than a messanger" its as if u dont knw d meaning of messiah. that is exactly whom Jesus is. check ur dictionary for its meaning.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by tobnical(m): 8:35am On May 22, 2012
it is clearly stated in d Bible dat Jesus is presently at d right hand of God. even Quran says he was caught up to heaven whn dey wanted to kill him. but where is Muhammed presently?be4 he died,he said i dont knw d way,i dont even knw wht my end wud be;but Jesus said i am d way d truth and the life.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by justaqad(m): 10:32am On May 22, 2012
tobnical: it is clearly stated in d Bible dat Jesus is presently at d right hand of God. even Quran says he was caught up to heaven whn dey wanted to kill him. but where is Muhammed presently?be4 he died,he said i dont knw d way,i dont even knw wht my end wud be;but Jesus said i am d way d truth and the life.

jesus proclaiming monotheism, same message muhammad and other messengers of God preached“Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him ONLY thou shalt serve.” (Matthew, 4:10) “Why callest thou me good? There is none good but ONE, that is God.” (Mattew, 19: 16-17) All the above statements are of Monotheism.
So who is the way?jesus or God?muhammad lived a fulfilled life and died.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by tobnical(m): 1:11pm On May 22, 2012
@justaquad: Jesus is the way to the father. some major key prophet in d bible like:Abraham, Moses, Elijah etc.their story didnt end@ their death.d Bible stil made reference to their activities even after death.but why is it dat nothin was said abt Muhammed after his death?Is he in heaven tel me?

1 Like

Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by tobnical(m): 1:23pm On May 22, 2012
@olasesi: the conception, the birth of Jesus was prophesied directly or indirectly by all d prophets before him. every book in d Bible talks abt d comin of christ before he actually came in d book of matthew
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by justaqad(m): 3:41pm On May 22, 2012
tobnical: @justaquad: Jesus is the way to the father. some major key prophet in d bible like:Abraham, Moses, Elijah etc.their story didnt end@ their death.d Bible stil made reference to their activities even after death.but why is it dat nothin was said abt Muhammed after his death?Is he in heaven tel me?

there's no distinction between prophets in islam.u re surely wallowing in ignorance when u say muhammad is not talked about after his death.google prophet muhammad and read what notable scientist and even christian apologetics re saying about him.muhammad was prophesied in the bible too,but ur myopic and biased mind will not let u see the truth.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by olasesi(m): 5:49pm On May 22, 2012
Ayomivic:
If you can answer these then i will answer your questio
n

1 was it true that Jesus came to earth ?

yes ....according to islam.

Ayomivic:
2 was he a true prophet sent by most high God?

yes .....acknowledged by islam...

Ayomivic:

3 what purpose did he comes to the earth for ?

he was sent with the same message and purpose that those b4 him were sent with....i.e basically for the proclamation that there is no god worthy of worship but God

Ayomivic:

4 what gospel did Jesus preach when on earth ?

You can answer according to your Quran.

he was given a book called the injil(the gospel)

what we presently have is the gospel according to MATTHEW MARK LUKE AND JOHN(third persons)(written few years afetr "HIS DEATH"wink...no gospel according to jesus.

you will agree that

meanings are always lost in translations and messages reported by third persons,personal interpretations may be added, misintterpretation of mood etc.
for example, one gospel saw jesus carrying his cross by himself and another saw someone else helping him.(do u think a story like this was given by God?. no, they were only reporting what they saw)

also, the four gospels contain few contradictory passages so the best guess is to say that some part of the gospel were lost......because the original gospel of jesus given to jesus by God contained no contadictory passages.....for example(who came to the tomb first? mary or who)

conclusively, what we currently have is the story of jesus christ as seen by matthew and the rest.......
DO U THINK THE GOSPEL THAT WAS GIVEN TO JESUS WILL CONTAIN HIS OWN STORY. BIRTH TO DEATH?.....?..
matthew and the rest were only relaying all that happened to him during his lifetime to us..
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by olasesi(m): 7:11pm On May 22, 2012
*ignores*

1 Like

Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by olasesi(m): 7:40pm On May 22, 2012
brainchild78: . If one reads the Bible cover to cover then you will come to the conclusion that the assertion of the Koran being a final testiment is absolutely false.

YEAH
....assuming a xtian reads it.......

......have u ever read the Quran at all?

brainchild78: the messenger that Jesus said will come after him that muslims claim to be Muhammed was not in fact a physical being but rather a spiritual personality popularly known to Christians as the Holy spirit.

"If ye love me, keep my commands. And I will pray to the Father and He shall give you another Comforter. That he may abide with you forever; even the Spirit of truth." (John 14:15-17)
"But the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things.." (John 14:26)

Again:
"Nevertheless, I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away, for if I go not away the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." (John 16:7)

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth; for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak; and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me." (John 16:12-14)

John 14:26 says that the Holy Ghost is the Comforter. This claim is contrary to the plain and unambiguous words of John 16:7, wherein Jesus says that his going away, i.e., the death of Jesus is inevitably necessary of the coming of the Comforter. The New Testament says that John was filled with the Holy Ghost even before he was born (Luke 1:14), and speaks of Jesus himself as receiving the Holy Ghost in the form of a dove (Matthew 3:16)
Thus, the Holy Ghost was wont to visit men before Jesusas as well as in his own time. To what, then is the reference in the words, "If I go not away the Comforter will not come unto you." Surely not to the Holy Ghost; for it is a matter of common knowledge that the Holy Ghost was co-existing with Jesusas, and it would be sacrilegious to think for a moment that Jesusas was without the Holy Ghost. So, the Comforter was someone other than the Holy Ghost.

brainchild78: Additionally, the koran's account of Jesus and in fact any of the Biblical prophets is incomplete and distorted.

YEAH....... a xtian SPEAKING............

brainchild78: I know the muslims may find this hard to swallow but I challenge them to prove me wrong by actually reading the unadultrated KJV and then venturing to examine the koran.

please which one is the unadulterated KJV
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by olasesi(m): 8:28pm On May 22, 2012
brainchild78: when you talk about shallow I recommend that you refer to yourself first. Any statements put forward about the authenticity of Christianity of islam should be backed with facts, which you actually failed to demonstrate. There is nowhere in the Kjv where it is stated that Jesus said he will send a physical messenger/prophet which islam claims to be mohammed.

OH should be backed with facts
and these facts MUST COME FROM THE KJV.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by olasesi(m): 8:55pm On May 22, 2012
tobnical: @Olasesi: u said "the messiah Jesus was not more than a messanger" its as if u dont knw d meaning of messiah. that is exactly whom Jesus is. check ur dictionary for its meaning.

the exact arabic from the Quran is masih translated as messiah.... this is what wikipedia has to say....
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by olasesi(m): 9:02pm On May 22, 2012
[img][/img]
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by olasesi(m): 9:10pm On May 22, 2012
[img]C:\Users\Olusesi\Desktop\1.JPG[/img]
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by dafoly: 9:14pm On May 22, 2012
Muhammed was just some1 who tried 2 turn away attention 4rm Christ. For dos who asked why didn't d bible warn of mohammed, FYI d bible warn christians of false prophets like mohammed. If u believe dat d ur quran is d last testament, 4rm ur word,it simply means it's a supplementary 2 d bible, den why was it not attached to d bible. If u believe dat mohammed is d last prophet and a prophet like others like moses, noah, joseph, daniel, Jesus etc which dey're messanger of God to proclaim one God den why didn't mohammed toll in deir why did he have to create his own religion, his own style of prayer and lifestyle dat is different 4rm all other prophets. For u 2 know d real deal behind mohammed and allah u'll need to vividly study d pre-islamic saudi nation. The pre-islamic saudi nation was an idolatry country in which ur dear allah was among d idols being worshipped b4 mohammed was born. He started d religion islam and he neva knew his father, abdullah, d name which means "slave of allah". 4rm dat name u could see his father worshipped allah as an idol.
He started his journey by falsefully declaring dat allah is d only god to be worshipped. On d issue of manipulating d bible, after he had been driven out of saudi 4 sayin allah is d god to be worshipped by evry1, he met wit d roman catholic in which he did biz wit dem nd thru dem he came accross d story of jesus and d bible he later married his wife, khadijat, who was fomerly a xtian coverted by mohammed himself. Can u imagine a man who claimed to ve created d religion of peace went around killing innocent lives believing dat dey must accept his god by fire by force in which he term "jihad" meaning struggle or war against unbelievers.

Mohammed claimed to be like other prophets but he preaches war and violence. Why are muslims afraid to talk about d real jihad in public places? B4 u reply make sure u do ur research very well to prove me wrong.
Muslims now go around boasting abt d baby born wit quran_ i can't blame dem because it's deir 1st and only chance 4 publicity. Even d top islamic cleric cannot explain d meaning and d message to be derived dey go around shouting dat d single mother was a xtian but dey won't tell u dat d woman was born and grew as a muslim as well she wasn't a steadfast xtian a fornicator 4 dat matter. U cud remember d baby at birth in nigeria dat has his two hands glued 2geda by d time d hand was operated it wrote "Jesus is coming soon" u cud see dat d message is glarring. And wat abt d miracle in egypt in which der govt failed 2 comment on whereas it was view on national TV. A man killed his wife 4 reading d bible and buried d two daughters. Afta 15 days dos children were rescued and dey live to testify Jesus and wat abt d numerous revelations of heaven and hell. 4rm revelations revealed, there's no1 dat has testified dat islam is recognised in heaven even muslims.
Make sure u do ur research b4 u counter dis.
I plead to u all to accept Jesus as ur lord and saviour. Heaven is real and hell is as well real

2 Likes

Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by olasesi(m): 10:40pm On May 22, 2012
meaning of the messiah according to wekipedia

Messiah (Hebrew: מָשִׁיחַ, Modern Mashiaẖ Tiberian Māšîăḥ; in modern Jewish texts in English sometimes spelled Moshiach; Aramaic: משיחא, Greek: Μεσσίας, Syriac: ܡܫܺܝܚܳܐ, Məšîḥā, Arabic: المسيح‎, al-Masīḥ, Latin: Messias) literally means "anointed [one]". In standard Hebrew, the Messiah is often referred to as מלך המשיח (Méleḫ ha-Mašíaḥ in the Tiberian vocalization, pronounced Méleḵ haMMāšîªḥ), literally meaning "the Anointed King."

The Greek Septuagint version of the Old Testament renders all thirty-nine instances of the Hebrew word for "anointed" (Mašíaḥ) as Χριστός (Khristós).[3] The New Testament records the Greek transliteration Μεσσίας, Messias twice in John.[Jn. 1:41][4:25]

Masih (pronounced [ˈmɑsiːħ]) is the Arabic word for Messiah. In modern Arabic it is used as one of the many titles of Isa (عيسى `Īsā), who is known to Christians as Jesus. Masih is used by Arab Christians as well as Muslims, and is written as Yasu' al-Masih (يسوع المسيح ) or Isa al-Masih.

The word Masih literally means "The anointed one"[citation needed] and in Islam, Isa al-Masih is believed to have been anointed from birth by Alläh with the specific task of being a prophet and a king.

so you see the messiah literally means the annointed.
......not the son of God, the redeemer or one in trinity....

the annointed means one chosen by devine intervention.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by dafoly: 12:30pm On May 23, 2012
@olasesi, y don't u counter my earlier post. Muslims nd der false prophet mohammed (u can confirm dat in d bible: Mathew 24v11, 1 John 4v1-4) have tried severally to twist d bible 2 der own satisfaction, dey only suceeded in compounding der own woes. No xtian eva said messiah to mean one in trinity, u shud ve asked 4 d way if u re being misled. Messiah is an hebrew title meaning d "anointed one" given 2 d saviour whose coming was promised by d hebrew prophets; some1 on dis thread earlier commented dat d bible is so corrupt dat atheist antagonize it: no prob! Have u eva wonder y d demons (sent by devil) are so particular about d xtian and not islam. It's simply because dey know dat pple under islam are safely secured under d devil nd hell is der destination dat's y dey confront xtians nd dey make many of dem fall. Even at d point of ascension, Jesus told his pple dat he's coming back to rapture d saints (dos who live a holy life nd does d will of God) while on d other end, mohammed at d point of death, told his pple dat he's not sure of his destination(maybe heaven or hell) and also said dey shud believe in Christ.
Imagine a false prophet who had sexual intercourse wit an under age girl, i also wonder wen he said dos in heaven will ve many virgins wit dem nd dey'll a very gud nd elongated erected pennis to f**k dos virgins. Is heaven meant 4 pornoplay. Have u eva wonder y he said shud face d east when praying? Dey may tell u dat it's d direction of d sun or facing mecca but d truth is dat mohammed's idol called allah is situated in his hometown dat's y h ordered evry muslims to bow down nd face d east (in his hometown) wen worshipping. A modern form of idolatry indeed.
Even d muslims (in d depth of der mind) knows d effect of d powerful name of Jesus, muslims even call d name of Jesus wen in serious danger. There are so many powerful Alfa who countered real xtians and dey failed woefully i've seen an alfa, who at d point of being consulted to fight a xtian, refused because he knew dat powerful name behind a real xtian.
Wen u know all dis, why not accept Jesus into ur life.

1 Like

Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by justaqad(m): 2:42pm On May 23, 2012
dafoly: Muhammed was just some1 who tried 2 turn away attention 4rm Christ. For dos who asked why didn't d bible warn of mohammed, FYI d bible warn christians of false prophets like mohammed. If u believe dat d ur quran is d last testament, 4rm ur word,it simply means it's a supplementary 2 d bible, den why was it not attached to d bible. If u believe dat mohammed is d last prophet and a prophet like others like moses, noah, joseph, daniel, Jesus etc which dey're messanger of God to proclaim one God den why didn't mohammed toll in deir why did he have to create his own religion, his own style of prayer and lifestyle dat is different 4rm all other prophets. For u 2 know d real deal behind mohammed and allah u'll need to vividly study d pre-islamic saudi nation. The pre-islamic saudi nation was an idolatry country in which ur dear allah was among d idols being worshipped b4 mohammed was born. He started d religion islam and he neva knew his father, abdullah, d name which means "slave of allah". 4rm dat name u could see his father worshipped allah as an idol.
He started his journey by falsefully declaring dat allah is d only god to be worshipped. On d issue of manipulating d bible, after he had been driven out of saudi 4 sayin allah is d god to be worshipped by evry1, he met wit d roman catholic in which he did biz wit dem nd thru dem he came accross d story of jesus and d bible he later married his wife, khadijat, who was fomerly a xtian coverted by mohammed himself. Can u imagine a man who claimed to ve created d religion of peace went around killing innocent lives believing dat dey must accept his god by fire by force in which he term "jihad" meaning struggle or war against unbelievers.

Mohammed claimed to be like other prophets but he preaches war and violence. Why are muslims afraid to talk about d real jihad in public places? B4 u reply make sure u do ur research very well to prove me wrong.
Muslims now go around boasting abt d baby born wit quran_ i can't blame dem because it's deir 1st and only chance 4 publicity. Even d top islamic cleric cannot explain d meaning and d message to be derived dey go around shouting dat d single mother was a xtian but dey won't tell u dat d woman was born and grew as a muslim as well she wasn't a steadfast xtian a fornicator 4 dat matter. U cud remember d baby at birth in nigeria dat has his two hands glued 2geda by d time d hand was operated it wrote "Jesus is coming soon" u cud see dat d message is glarring. And wat abt d miracle in egypt in which der govt failed 2 comment on whereas it was view on national TV. A man killed his wife 4 reading d bible and buried d two daughters. Afta 15 days dos children were rescued and dey live to testify Jesus and wat abt d numerous revelations of heaven and hell. 4rm revelations revealed, there's no1 dat has testified dat islam is recognised in heaven even muslims.
Make sure u do ur research b4 u counter dis.
I plead to u all to accept Jesus as ur lord and saviour. Heaven is real and hell is as well real
muhammad never started islam,he only perfected the religion practiced by jesus and abraham.the bible confirms islam.

Beliefs and Practices in Common

The pillars of Islam are well known: belief in God, angels, the prophets, the books of revelation, and the Day of Judgement. These are among the first criteria Muslim scholars use in evaluating the orthodoxy of any movement. The concept of God is a complicated subject, and is described in some detail in chapter two. There may be some differences in both theological detail and lore relating to angels, but the basic belief is common to Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Although Muslims accept a number of prophets unknown to Christianity and Judaism, as well as Muhammad, the basic belief in prophets as such is common to all three faiths. Although there is some disagreement about which books are true revelation, not only is the basic belief in written canons a common feature of all three faiths, but all three believe in at least the Torah or Books of Moses. There are also details of difference regarding the Day of judgement, but it too is a feature of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Therefore we shall merely note briefly the four pillars of belief angels, prophets, books and judgement. They are not only common to all of the faiths, but they are considered fundamental in Islam. These are features of the faiths which are not only a part of belief and practice, but which also appear in the canons themselves. I shall examine a few representative Biblical texts in order to establish the fact that these four beliefs are expressed in the Bible.

Genesis 28:12. `And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.' The knowledge of the existence of angels goes back to the very beginning. Angels are even mentioned in the story of Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:24). This verse expresses the role of angels in the communication between God and humankind.

Psalm 68:17. `The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels; the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place.' The role of angels as bearers of the universe is expressed in this Psalm. This idea is found in the prophets as well, and has become a common feature of Bible visionary experience.

Psalm 91:11. `For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.' The role of angels in relationship to people is one of divine guardianship. The invisible presence of the angels has as its role not so much the guardianship from danger (as the adversary would have it in Matthew 4:6), but the guardianship from falling into sin. The way in which we are kept is the straight and narrow way.

Psalm 103:20. `Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.' The role of the angels is not only to carry out the commands of God, but also to carry out His praise and worship. The continual prostration and praise of some angels is described graphically in Revelation 5:11 et al.

Psalm 104:4. `Who maketh his angels spirits; his minis­ters a flaming fire.' Human curiosity as to the source of angels in creation is also satisfied in the Bible. Just as humans have come from spirit and earth (Genesis 2:7), so the angels have come from spirit and fire.

Matthew 13:49. `So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just.' The role of angels on the Day of judgement is an active one in dividing the just from the unjust.

Matthew 18:10. `Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.' This warning refers to those who oppress the weak, thinking that they are invulnerable since their victims have no power. In fact, the cry of the oppressed is said to have direct access to God by the angels. The Bible would have us take this into account in our relations with others.

Matthew 26:53. `Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?' The prophets have immediate access to more than twelve legions of angels. It is only amazing that the prophets have shown so much forbearance in dealing with those who not only reject their messages but even oppress them.

I Corinthians 11:10. `For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.' Human beings are shy in their behaviour before other human beings who are visible. The Bible suggests we should be more shy in our behaviour when we are alone, since at such times we are still visible to the angels.

Hebrews 1:14. `Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?' Angels are spirits sent out to do the will of God.

Revelation 1:1. `The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John.' Messages are brought to the prophets by the medium of the angels.

The central feature of Islamic belief in angels relates to their role in revealing Scripture to the prophets. But the Bible also reflects Islamic belief that the angels are essentially different from human beings as separate creations. The Islamic idea of being shy in the presence of angels, and thus avoiding bad behaviour is also Biblical. The angels' action of prostration is both Biblical and Islamic. The Biblical bearing up of the chariot of God is much like the Islamic idea of angels bearing the throne or arsh of God. All in all, the Biblical passages referring to angels are well within the Islamic configuration of belief.

Angels bring the divine revelation to certain people. Such people are called prophets. The belief in prophecy is basic to Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The principle of prophetship is mentioned in the Bible many times.

`The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.' Deuteronomy 29:29.

Whether we can do as God tells us to do is a false question. Practically every story in the Bible is an illustration of the fact that God tells people to do things and holds them responsible if they do not. This is not to deny all of the ramifications of myth and history, symbol and poetry of the Bible. But it is to state a simple fact. God held Adam and Eve responsible for eating of the fruit of the tree of knowl­edge of good and evil. Whatever depths of metaphorical or spiritual meaning there may be in the story, it does strongly imply that they were responsible for their actions.

Again, when God told Noah to build an ark, something far beyond the possibilities of most of us, He expected Noah to build it and held him responsible. When God told Abraham to go, He expected him to do it. This is one of the obvious, incontrovertible facts of the Bible: God commands. A human being either obeys or disobeys. The human being either enjoys or suffers the consequences.

The true question is not whether we can fulfil the commandments of God, but how we can fulfil them. This text in Deuteronomy gives us the first step in how `we may do all the words of this law'. With the single possible exception of the ten commandments, all revelation has come through a prophet. Everything that is revealed is there so that we can know what to do. We cannot obey God unless we know what He is telling us to do. That is what the revelation of the prophets is for.

There is a good deal of Bible evidence for this principle. The following are some of the more important references in the Bible which show that God uses prophets in order to send His verbal revelation to humankind.

2 Kings 17:13. `Yet the Lord testified against Israel, and against Judah, by all the prophets, and by all the seers, saying, Turn ye from your evil ways, and keep my commandments and my statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by my servants the prophets.'

2 Chronicles 20:20. `And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established: believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.'

2 Chronicles 24:19. `Yet he sent prophets to them, to bring them again unto the Lord; and they testified against them: but they would not give ear.'

Nehemiah 9:26. `Nevertheless they were disobedient, and rebelled against thee, and cast thy law behind their backs, and slew thy prophets which testified against them to turn them to thee, and they wrought great provocations.'

Jeremiah 7:25,1. `Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them.'

Jeremiah 29:19*. `Because they have not hearkened to my words, saith the Lord, which I sent unto them by my servants the prophets, rising up early and sending them; but ye would not hear, saith the Lord.'

Jeremiah 35:15*. `I have sent also unto you all my ser­vants the prophets, rising up early and sending them, saying, Return ye now every man from his evil way, and amend your doings, and go not after other gods to serve them, and ye shall dwell in the land which I have given to you and to your fathers: but ye have not inclined your ear, nor hearkened unto me.'

Daniel 9:10. `Neither have we obeyed the voice of the Lord our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.'

Hosea 12:10*. `I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.'

Amos 3:7. `Surely the Lord will do nothing, but he re­vealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.'

Zechariah 1:4-5*. `Be ye not as your fathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the Lord of hosts: Turn ye now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings: but they did not hear, nor hearken unto me, saith the Lord.'

Zechariah 7:12. `Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the Lord of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the Lord of hosts.'

Matthew 5:17. `Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.'

Acts 3:21-23. `Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.'

James 5:10. `Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.' This text is extremely important, since it almost uniquely in the Bible states clearly and overtly that the example of the prophets is normative. Bible religion is one which applies the example of the prophets to all the actions and institutions of life. It is the neglect of this principle which has created an unjust and secular society.

1 Peter 1:10. `Of which salvation the prophets have in­quired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you.'

The religion of the Bible is clearly a faith founded on the revelation of the prophets. The Bible also clearly states which prophets were true and which false. The message of the prophets is to focus attention on the commandments of God. Their purpose is to show what we should do in obedience to God. The prophet who 1) upholds the commandments of God and 2) is in agreement with the earlier prophets and 3) comes to call people to a return to obedience to God, is a true prophet.

The example and messages of the prophets can only reach later generations as they wrote or dictated the revelation in written form. The belief in sacred books is a direct and logical extension of belief in divine revelation through prophets.

In the chain of revelation from God to angels to proph­ets there is a continuity from prophets to the sacred Scriptures, the writings of the prophets which contain the words of revelation given to them. Such writings are referred to often in the Bible. Some representative examples follow.

Matthew 22:40. `On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.' The two commandments referred to here are the proclamation of the unity of God in Deuteronomy 6:4-5 and the command in Leviticus 19:18 to treat the rights of the other person with the same regard as one's own. The revelation of God thus deals with human responsibility toward God, toward others, and toward oneself. The law and the prophets in their entirety deal with these three issues.

Luke 24:44. `And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.' At the time of Jesus three categories of sacred prophetic writings were already known: these are the law of Moses or the Torah, the writings of the other prophets, and the Psalms.

2 Timothy 3:16. `All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.' The three categories of scripture mentioned in Luke 24 are described here in terms of how they should be used. They can be used first of all to find out what they present as true teaching or doctrine. This is basically the use that we have made of them here. We have tried first to find out their teaching about God, for example. But the writings can be used for reproof of wrong actions, for correction of our views, and for instruction in righteousness, that is, learning what we should do and how to do it. An example of instruction in righteousness would be in our examination of the Bible texts to find out how the Bible says people should pray.

2 Peter 1:20-21. `Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.' Here the apostle notes that what is written in the writings of the prophets is not merely their opinions. He says that what they have written is a revelation from God, inspired by the Spirit of God.

Revelation 1:3. `Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.' There is a threefold blessing on people's relationships to the writings of the prophets. There is a blessing on those who read or recite the words of their writings. There is a blessing on listening to the recitation of the sacred books. Finally there is a blessing on doing what the sacred books tell people to do.

Revelation of the will of God by the means of angels speaking to prophets who write or dictate the message is of little use unless God holds human beings responsible for how they relate to what He has revealed. This is a final point of common ground between Judaism, Christianity and Islam. There is nothing more clear in the Bible than the fact that God brings all creatures into account. He brought Adam and Eve into account. He brought Cain into account for killing his brother. He brought the people of Noah's day into account, and those of Sodom and Gomorrah. He brought the Israelites into account for worshipping other gods, for rejecting the prophets, and for neglecting the example of those sent to guide them. The unity of God, the prophets, and the divine guides are the three great criteria of judgement.

The Bible abounds in overt references to the Day of Judgement. `It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement.' Hebrews 9:27.

Deuteronomy 32:41*. `If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hands take hold on judgement; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.'

Psalm 9:7-8. `But the Lord shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgement. And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgement to the people in uprightness.'

Ecclesiastes 11:9. `Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth: and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgement.'

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14. `Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.' This text points out two points in preparation for the Day of Judgement: 1) to acknowledge the one true God; 2) and to keep His commandments.

Matthew 12:36. `But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement.' No Bible prophet speaks so much of the Day of judgement as does Jesus Christ. This text is only one example of many.

Hebrews 6:2. `Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgement.' The author of this epistle points out that the Day of judgement is preceded by three points of readiness: 1) ablutions, or means of purifying; 2) laying on of hands, or swearing allegiance to the divinely appointed; and 3) the resurrection from the dead. All three of these are acts of divine grace, the first through the prophets, the second through the divine guides, and the third directly at the hand of the angels.

2 Peter 2:9. `The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgement to be punished.' Readiness for the Day of judgement depends on the grace of God which delivers the godly out of temptations. This grace has already been described in four points: the proclamation of the unity of God, the justice of God, God's gracious revelation through the holy prophets by the angels and preserved in the holy books, and the divine guides who exemplify the will of God in flesh and blood, in active demonstration.

2 Peter 3:7. `But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgement and perdition of ungodly men.' This text suggests that the Day of judgement is cataclysmic. It is not merely metaphorical of the condition of human responsibility. It entails a real end of the world as we know it and the beginning of another. It includes real fire.

Revelation 14:7. `Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him, for the hour of his judgement is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.'

With this verse we have a summary of what is called the everlasting gospel in verse six. It tells in one sentence what we have been discovering and uncovering up to this point. It includes first of all the acknowledgement of the one true God who made all things and is thus sovereign over all. It includes three things that we are to do in relationship to this God: 1) we are to fear Him, that is, fear to act in any way contrary to His commandments; 2) we are to give glory to Him, that is we are to live in such a way that we as creatures glorify our Creator; and 3) we are to worship Him precisely in the way that we are commanded to do in the Bible. Finally, this text points to the final aspect of the gospel, that we are to live in view of the Day of judgement which is imminently upon us.

Although this final text is from the New Testament and thus not a part of the Jewish canon, the principles it expresses are common to all three Scriptural faiths. Human responsibility is an inherent principle throughout the Bible message, which comes to a pinnacle in the Day of judgement when all are finally brought to account.

Belief in angels, prophets, sacred books and the Day of judgement are fundamental to Islam. They are also beliefs which Muslims share in principle, if not in detail, with Jews and Christians. More importantly, from the point of view of this study, we have seen that all four beliefs are amply described in the Bible from a point of view which is remarkably consistent with Islamic belief.
Re: It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! by justaqad(m): 2:56pm On May 23, 2012
this is is true message of jesus,muhammad and other prophets.they all preach monotheism..

God

Ali (1988:76a-79a) presents an Islamic concept of God. He expresses this in eight positive metaphysical attributes and eight negative ones. The positive attributes are Qadir, the Almighty; Aalim, the All-Knowing; Mudrik, the EverPerceiving; Hai, the Ever-Living; Mureed, the All Independent in will and action; Mutakallim, the Creator of Speech; and Sadiq, the Ever-Truthful. The negative attributes are Murakkab, compound; Makan, accommodation; Holool, incarnation; Maryee, visibility; Ehtiyaj, need; Shirkat, association; Mahaile hawadis or Tagha'iyyar, change; and Sifate-zaid, addition of qualities. The negative attributes cannot be attributed to God. The final negative attribute, addition of qualities, forbids conceiving of the positive attributes as separable from the essence of God. Finally, according to All, God is a being consistent and not arbitrary, whose essential attribute is justice. What is necessary to understand from a Christian point of view is that God in Islam is not conceived in terms of personhood or number, but as indefinably one. The doctrine of the Trinity and the deity of Jesus are clearly rejected by Muslims.

The very first words of the Bible are `In the beginning God'. The first and central issue of the Bible is God. The beliefs and practices involved with this issue are therefore fundamental. It is no use going on to establish other beliefs and practices before this issue is settled. Fortunately the Bible is clear and consistent on this matter. The most important thing happens to be the thing expressed most clearly.

It is also true that there are in existence beliefs and practices relating to God which did not exist at the time when the Bible writers were writing. It must not surprise us then that these matters are not dealt with in the Bible at all. Throughout much of the Bible the issue is whether one must worship the God of the Bible uniquely, or whether it is permissible to worship other gods as well from time to time.

The Bible clearly states that the God of the Bible must be worshipped uniquely. No others may be worshipped. One of the main ways this is brought out is by the affirmation that God is one, or that there is only one God, the God of the Bible.

The text with the highest claim to authority in the Bible is the ten commandments. These are portrayed as being spoken by God Himself to a vast number of people, mostly descendants of Jacob, but including a vast internationally mixed multitude as well. The very first commandment is in Exodus 20:1-3: `And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.'

The import of these words is radical. The sentence does not imply a hierarchy with the God of the Bible as the head of a pantheon of lesser deities below Him. We are confronted with only one speaker, the God who says `f and `me'. His message is that He will not accept any relations whatsoever between human beings and other gods.

The second commandment in verses 4-6 shows what precisely is unacceptable and what is necessary. It is unacceptable to make an image of anything to bow down to or serve, because God is jealous, that is, He does not accept other gods before Him. What is necessary is to love God and to obey His commandments.

It has now been established on the basis of the most authoritative texts in the Bible that according to the Bible, people must acknowledge the one God of the Bible alone as God, avoid making any kind of image, mental or otherwise, of any deity to be bowed down to or served, but love God and do what He tells them to do. There are plenty of supporting texts for these first basic principles. Some of them are listed below. Those which claim to be the words of God are marked with a star.

Deuteronomy 4:35. `Unto thee it was showed, that thou mightest know that the Lord he is God; there is none else beside him. This text, purported to be the words of Moses, clearly states four things: 1) Something has been shown, that is, revealed. 2) This revelation is not a matter of opinion or even of faith, but it is a matter of knowledge. To deny it is to be ignorant. 3) The first point of this revelation is that the one referred to as YHWH (Lord) is God. 4) The second point of this revelation is that this one is the only God.

Deuteronomy 6:4-5. `Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.' Perhaps a better translation would be: The Lord is our judge, the Lord is one. Some commentators grasping at straws try to suggest that the word `one' in fact means a group of more than one. The word ahad in the original Hebrew of the text does in fact mean one entity. Just as the English word `one', it only rarely refers to a unity of several entities, and when it does so it is immediately apparent from the context. The following text shows clearly that there is no room for division in our love for God. It must be wholly directed to the one true God.

Deuteronomy 32:39*. `See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me.' This text is an important one in the Torah or books of Moses, because it claims to be the very words of God Himself. He states clearly here that by the nature of reality and definition, not merely because of divine jealousy, there is not nor can there be any associate with God. He alone is uniquely God Almighty.

Nehemiah 9:6. 'Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.' The word 'thou' in the archaic English is a singular. In contrast to the word `you', it can refer to one person only. It never refers to three persons. It is an accurate reflection of the original Hebrew text. The word `alone' shows clearly that only the one being of God is included. The final phrase shows clearly that the Bible concept is one of a universal God, not merely a tribal god of the Hebrews competing with many other tribal gods.

Psalm 18:31. `For who is God save the Lord? or who is a rock save our God?' Here intensive affirmation is expressed in the Hebrew interrogative. The meaning is that no other being is God except the one person called YHWH or Lord in the text. The first part of the text defines who in fact is God. The second part says that only God is a rock. The Hebrew language abounds in double meanings based on metaphor. The rock expresses safe refuge. Only God is a secure refuge in trouble, the one to whom we can turn in perfect confidence.

Psalm 86:10. `For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.' The greatness of God and the wonderful character of His actions are taken here as evidence that He alone is God. This is an attempt to show that the unity of God is evident in the reality that we perceive and is the only logical conclusion to which we can come. This verse takes a different position from that seen earlier. No longer are we constrained to understand that the unity of God is revealed knowledge. Rather, here it is shown to be a product of reason, a logical deduction from the systematic examination of observable phenomena.

Isaiah 43:10*. Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.' This text claims higher authority than the preceding ones, since it claims to be a quotation of the very words of God. It rejects the idea of form being applied to God. The unity of God implies the rejection of otherness (`other' implies a minimum of two). Rejection of otherness implies no standard of comparison. Form requires space in comparison, a perceptible edge. This is not applicable to God. God is not contained in a form.

The unity of God in this text is stated to have three cognitive bases: knowledge, belief, and understanding. This may refer first of all to revealed knowledge as already noted above. Understanding can be applied to the logical process described in Psalm 86:10. Finally a third basis is mentioned, that is, the basis of belief. These three bases may refer to the consecutive progression of cognition from revelation to belief in a given individual. On the other hand, it may refer to different coinciding aspects of cognition in a particular individual in such a way that they are all presently active at the same time. Finally, it is possible to understand them as referring to different types of cognition in different individuals.

Isaiah 44:6-8*. `Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of Hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God... Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.'

This is another text claiming divine authority. The in­troductory expressions are in apposition, that is, they refer to one and the same personage who is stated to be 1) the Lord (YHWH), 2) the King of Israel, 3) the redeemer of Israel, and 4) the Lord of Hosts. This is not a reference to more than one individual. This is not only evident from the expressions themselves, but from what follows, where the first person singular 'I' is used. This accumulation of statements that God is one is supported with divine humour. It may be that human beings are so wise that they know any number of Gods. But the true God of heaven and earth knows only one.

Isaiah 45:5,21-22*. `I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:... Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.' This final text of Isaiah also claims divine authority. Here the affirmation of the unity of God is evidence of 1) His eternity, 2) His omniscience, 3) His justice, and 4) His saving action.

It may not be immediately apparent how each of these attributes can be deduced from the unity of God. But first of all, the unity of God implies eternity If there is time which God does not control, such time in itself implies an Other which is not God. But this is logically and textually inadmissible. Therefore, the unity of God implies His eternity.

In the same way, an area of knowledge outside the control of God implies a Knower and known outside the frame of reference of God, an Other. Therefore, the unity of God implies omniscience.

Perfect, impartial justice must have as a bare minimum access to all knowledge pertaining to a case of dispute. Such knowledge is available with certainty only to an omniscient God. The unity of God therefore implies perfect justice.

The action of salvation is logically deduced from the attribute of justice. But to call God a Saviour implies action within time and space. It does not thereby imply limitation in time and space, and as such does not therefore imply that God is incarnate or takes on form.

To this point we have examined texts from the so-called Old Testament. Although Christians often refer to the Old Testament in evidence for their own belief, when they are confronted with Old Testament texts which conflict with their doctrines, they often point out that the Old Testament is done away with, nailed to the cross, and superseded by the Gospel. What does the Gospel say about the unity of God?

Matthew 19:17. `And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.' Jesus here rejects the implication that he is God. His argument is that absolute goodness belongs only to God. In rejecting this attribute in the absolute sense, he rejects deity.

Mark 10:18. `And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.'

Mark 12:29. `The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord.' Jesus affirms the unity of God in one being, and calls this the most important fundamental of faith, the first commandment. We are therefore justified in assuming that this point is the first and most essential message in the Gospel of Christ. The questioner did not lead Jesus on to refer to this text. He gave him complete liberty to choose what he considered to be the first and most important issue. That Christ chose this text is a devastating argument. The importance of this truth was not lost on his questioner: Mark 12:32, `Well, Master, thou hast said the truth; for there is one God; and there is none other but he.'

Strangely enough, many Christians actually consider the Pauline epistles of more normative authority than the Gospels themselves. The unity of God is hardly a doctrine which can change from one revelation to another. If the early writings uphold it, the latter ones must uphold it too, or else discredit themselves. However, the Apostle Paul is a champion of the unity of God as well.

1 Corinthians 8:6. `But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things.'

Galatians 3:20. `God is one.'

Ephesians 4:4-6. `There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.'

1 Timothy 2:5, `There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.'

From these texts we see that Paul, as must be expected with his Biblical faith, recognises the absolute unity of God. His expressions leave no room for a trinity. Although the New Testament speaks of Jesus in terms which Christians take as proof of his divinity, yet in every case these are attributes that are given to him by God. Whatever these attributes may be, no matter how great, it remains that Jesus is in every case a recipient. But God is not a recipient. The Apostle Paul tells us clearly what Jesus is: a man. According to the Christian Scriptures he is certainly a great and glorious man, a man sent from God, a sinless man, a man ascended to the right hand of God, a man even given all authority in heaven and in earth, and a man to whom all owe absolute loyalty and devotion. But he remains forever a man and not God.

Paul tells us in 1 Timothy 2:5 that there is but one God, and that the mediator at that time between God and humankind was Jesus Christ, who was a man. This Jesus Christ is therefore a different entity in this sentence than the one God to whom Paul also refers. In addition, we know from Numbers 23:19 that God is not a man. The syllogism is clear: 1) God is not a man. 2) Jesus is a man. 3) Therefore, Jesus is not God.

Some commentators suggest that James and Paul are at odds on basic issues. Be that as it may, they are agreed on the unity of God. James 2:19 says, 'Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well.'

In sum, a large segment of the Bible serves to confirm the truth that God is one, unique, incomparable and without associate.
God is ONE......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sunday Service Message Of Dunamis Church By Pastor Sunday Onoja / See What The Bible Says About Non Christian / Hot Prayer Against All Sickness/diseases.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 251
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.