Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:46 AM

The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! (15851 Views)

7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. / Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch / Nri is NOT The Oldest Kingdom In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by Charlesnerd: 10:48am On Sep 01, 2012
Unbelievable,didn't know I would find something like this on here.Where is Ntolimafo,the king of masquerades,always seated at the upper podium?.Btw,my Ijele looks awesome.We are always the first in Uzo iyi competitions.
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by pazienza(m): 4:46am On Sep 05, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Bonafide nwa Okodu kpomkwem.

Ok. Just that i like that egwu obi song by umuagboo umuoli umuoji die,it's one of my favourites.
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by drealnoni(f): 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2013
Hi I'm from Umuoji but married to An Awka-Etiti Man. I love Uzo Iyi, I have never attended one but my dad used to bring back tapes of the festival when we were young.
I'm glad we are still maintain our traditions and not letting people tell us they are fetish. These tradition give us a sense of who we are and how great our forefathers were.
i would like to be part of keeping this heritage alive some my kids can partake in it.
Oji Kwenu.................Oji
Oji Kwenu..................Igwulube Okodu

3 Likes

Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:26am On Mar 06, 2013
drealnoni: Hi I'm from Umuoji but married to An Awka-Etiti Man. I love Uzo Iyi, I have never attended one but my dad used to bring back tapes of the festival when we were young.
I'm glad we are still maintain our traditions and not letting people tell us they are fetish. These tradition give us a sense of who we are and how great our forefathers were.
i would like to be part of keeping this heritage alive some my kids can partake in it.

Nwada,I melu ofuma. Kedu ebe I si na Okodu ?
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by drealnoni(f): 10:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
Abu m onye Umuobia
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by addicted268(f): 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
Wow,so happy to find this thread.I was at d igwe's ofala around 2008 dec. I think.never saw so much masquerades in my life!it was fun....oh and btw abukwo m ada ide.nwa umuoji.Amoji to be precise. cool cheesy
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:23am On Jun 09, 2013
addicted268: Wow,so happy to find this thread.I was at d igwe's ofala around 2008 dec. I think.never saw so much masquerades in my life!it was fun....oh and btw abukwo m ada ide.nwa umuoji.Amoji to be precise. cool cheesy

I'm glad you had fun,sister. I know a lot of people from Amoji and my elder sister is married to an Amoji guy. Jisie ike,Ada Ide.
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by addicted268(f): 1:22am On Jun 14, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

I'm glad you had fun,sister. I know a lot of people from Amoji and my elder sister is married to an Amoji guy. Jisie ike,Ada Ide.
oo. daalu nna.imelu ofuma cheesy
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
mehn this is meant to hit front page even in this year........i was here for almost 2hr with friends
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:30am On Dec 30, 2013
EMMAUGOH: mehn this is meant to hit front page even in this year........i was here for almost 2hr with friends

No,they won't put and educative thread like this that promotes the African culture but you will see a thread about tonto dike smilling on the front page.

Nsogbo adiro. Nwanne,ebee ka isi ?
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 30, 2013
ABUM ONYE NNEWI NA NNEWI NORTH ODI KA IBU IDENMILI
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by Kenfil(f): 4:40am On Dec 30, 2013
drealnoni: Hi I'm from Umuoji but married to An Awka-Etiti Man. I love Uzo Iyi, I have never attended one but my dad used to bring back tapes of the festival when we were young.

R u serious? I grew up in awka etiti. Its nice to see sm1 from dat area
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:16am On Dec 31, 2013
Charles.nerd:
Unbelievable,didn't know I would find something like this on here.Where is Ntolimafo,the king of masquerades,always seated at the upper podium?.Btw,my Ijele looks awesome.We are always the first in Uzo iyi competitions.

Ntolimafor is up there.
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:39pm On Jan 01, 2014
MODERATOR,it high time this thread hit the front page. It merits the fron page.
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by Dannylux: 10:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli: MODERATOR,it high time this thread hit the front page. It merits the fron page.

I agree with you. Go to the culture complaints and suggestions chat room and post the link.
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:54pm On Jan 01, 2014
Dannylux:

I agree with you. Go to the culture complaints and suggestions chat room and post the link.

I feel so guilty,now.
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by emmabest2000(m): 10:03am On Jan 07, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli: Mmuo npia osisi.

You better drop some money or you will get your a.s.s whooped!
odikwa ka Mmuo umu ideoma

Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by emmabest2000(m): 10:14am On Jan 07, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli: HRH Cyril Enweze,Ochendo Umuoji,Ochilozuo Igwulube Okodu mmili manyulu oku!
IGWEeeeeeeeee.

Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by emmabest2000(m): 10:21am On Jan 07, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli: Ana Okodu amankwe ka nwa Okodu fuo na mba!
OJI bu dike
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by emmabest2000(m): 10:53am On Jan 07, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli: I introduce the Ugo Urumkpu where the humble Nri Priest hails from. Am proud of my villa!
okwo ndi nnam ochie , Ochie okpu adiokwom n'isi ooooo cheesy

Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
emma_best2000: okwo ndi nnam ochie , Ochie okpu adiokwom n'isi ooooo cheesy

Nwadiana,tinye okpu na isi maka na imulu be ndi ogalanya. Onye ana ekili ekili adiro nma ikpo ntu. Kee ebe isi na Okodu ?
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
emma_best2000: odikwa ka Mmuo umu ideoma

Onya ka idoo nwayo ekwu ? Ide obi na nmili so bilu.
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by tuktuij: 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
wow umuoji got some creative masqurade costumes mehhnnn! the crocodile blew me away the atu is so beautiful .i have some beautiful umuoji friends
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by gohamburg(f): 9:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hey....Did I almost miss all these
Odenigbo jisike...Dalu rinne for these wonderful pics...but I can't seem to see any masquerade from Akala-etiti undecided Ka o,anyi enwero mmanwu
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2014
gohamburg: Hey....Did I almost miss all these
Odenigbo jisike...Dalu rinne for these wonderful pics...but I can't seem to see any masquerade from Akala-etiti undecided Ka o,anyi enwero mmanwu

Nne,thanks for checking in. Akala etiti has masqurade but I couldn't find one from the site I got this pictures from. But I will try again and see what I can find.
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by DaVerdict: 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
Odenigboaroli, nnaa nwanne, umuoji nwere mmanwu di uto. Will try and grace the festival,our culture must not die!
Front page please.
Re: The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! by OMANBALA1: 11:46pm On Apr 09, 2019
Oji Nnaa!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arrival Of A New Baby Amongst Ndigbo. / The Origin Of The 4 Market Days In Igboland / What Did Yoruba Men Wear Before The Agbada?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.