Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack (9548 Views)

OPINION: Is It Right For An HOD / DEAN (as It Applies ) To / Pastor E.A Adeboye Prophesy On ASUU Strike And 2015 Election / #professor Babalola HOD Of Microbiology Oau Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by Jalal(m): 12:44pm On May 21, 2012
Read in today's Daily Trust that he died in his office after watching Chelsea - Bayern Munich match lipsrsealed RIP.
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by paleo(m): 12:51pm On May 21, 2012
Basic:
For the first time, I saw a post by Seun which kept me asking if he was really the one who posted it.
If your father is still alive and in his 70's would you open your eyes and see him work himself to death? By the way, if, at that age, he does not depend on you, his son, then on who else would he depend? On me?.
In addition, what is the correlation between taking necessary rests and being useless and jobless? Remember that even the government knows that, at a certain age, you're meant to retire.
Seun, your comment, to me, seems very bizarre!
freecocoa: Seun did you really post this?

Anyways you've been told what you ought to know,so no need stating the obvious.
why are u guys troublin seun now.dont u guys know seun cant post such..we are all aware that cyber-crime and cyber-hackers exist so lets us just assume dat nairaland has been hacked..@oga seun,hmmm..if 2 say na true true say na u post dis tin enn..hmmmm..i'l only say u start thinkin bout retirement o cos wit d way dis ur thinkin dey go enn, u need retire b4 50.lol..midlife crisis is 2 early 2 show face na abi house wetin una think..na joke o.make they no go giv me indefinite ban.
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by ismhab(m): 12:56pm On May 21, 2012
WHEN WILL T.B. JOSHUWA WILL STOP KILLING PEOPLE.
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by freecocoa(f): 1:13pm On May 21, 2012
ismhab: WHEN WILL T.B. JOSHUWA WILL STOP KILLING PEOPLE.
what has T.B joshua got to do with the man's death?
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by Smooth278(m): 1:14pm On May 21, 2012
hmmmm, just finished reading most of u guys comments, first of all the average life expectancy for Nigerians is not up to 50 yrs so u guys should know that his death is not anything new!!! after all judges get retired at 70years too!!!
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by 3kay945(m): 1:47pm On May 21, 2012
kayusfit: @jos4kay; you are a mad man for placing a dumb advert aimed at derailing this thread. Oloriburuku, omo ofo, omo alee, omo iya aje, omo adanu, omo pau bi ibon
Bros, i think dis is too much. Easy ke.
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by 3kay945(m): 1:49pm On May 21, 2012
ismhab: WHEN WILL T.B. JOSHUWA WILL STOP KILLING PEOPLE.
Wetin,?
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by mbhs139(m): 1:52pm On May 21, 2012
I'm shock to hear about the news of Chief Bassey's death. Though I don't know him nor have I ever met him, but virtually all the sign boards in Unilag were created by him or supervised by him .The univeristy will surely miss him. RIP anyway.
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by Shinatu: 2:54pm On May 21, 2012
Many of them just want to use the 'active professor' status to make money in their various personal businesses. they hardly have time for thier students sef! I heard that the departed HOD was a business man.
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by Oakgate700: 3:44pm On May 21, 2012
I think we as a nation shld pay more attentiom to our health.regular exercise and eating d right food makes a lot of difference esp those whose jobs involves sitting in one place for most of d day
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by damilola15: 3:46pm On May 21, 2012
humblebee: RIP mr bassey

he died of "old age".. very funny
he died of heart attack not old age, old age doesn't kill..

Was about to say the same thing.
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by damilola15: 3:56pm On May 21, 2012
kayusfit: @jos4kay; you are a mad man for placing a dumb advert aimed at derailing this thread. Oloriburuku, omo ofo, omo alee, omo iya aje, omo adanu, omo pau bi ibon

3kay945:
Bros, i think dis is too much. Easy ke.

Couldn't help but notice kay is synonymous with the 3 of you.
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by poj(m): 4:32pm On May 21, 2012
may his soul rest in peace. i dont just subscribe to this new age of retirement. this is what we are bound to experience.
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by otokx(m): 6:07pm On May 21, 2012
swisstaker: its quite a tragedy.bt seriously dis retirement age tin sef.retiring at 70?thats y dem day go like dat.want to die in service.give way for d young.dat was wat i saw at a tanksgiving service in my schooo uniport.wen it was time to dance forward to drop ur offering,na so dis proff day shake go front,he slowed d pace of d pple in d queue.wen he finally got there to comot him wallet see as his whole body was shaking,ok comot wallet drop offering na,na war.if no b wan other elderly man way carry am comot for line so im go giv pple chance.so una see my point,na dis same prof go climb stairs to reach im office for 7th floor

UNIPORT does not have any office/classroom block with 7 floors, the professor in question may already be retired so what are you saying?
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by cindyrella(f): 6:13pm On May 21, 2012
May his soul rest in peace..
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by wallex1983(m): 8:55pm On May 21, 2012
I met him once. I went to his office. They call him chief. I don't know why he was called by that name. Cos he looked more of a great scholar than the chief thing
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by wallex1983(m): 6:15am On May 22, 2012
swisstaker: its quite a tragedy.bt seriously dis retirement age tin sef.retiring at 70?thats y dem day go like dat.want to die in service.give way for d young.dat was wat i saw at a tanksgiving service in my schooo uniport.wen it was time to dance forward to drop ur offering,na so dis proff day shake go front,he slowed d pace of d pple in d queue.wen he finally got there to comot him wallet see as his whole body was shaking,ok comot wallet drop offering na,na war.if no b wan other elderly man way carry am comot for line so im go giv pple chance.so una see my point,na dis same prof go climb stairs to reach im office for 7th floor
If a man bags or becomes a Professor at 62 (going by the late age many of them attain that status) and he uses it to lecture for 3years, and retires at 65, Of what use is his attainment?

Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by Emylexray(m): 9:53am On May 22, 2012
kayusfit: Let them keep dying who cares?? It's just a tale of a dead man weeping for a dead man. Death is natural and we must all die. The fool maybe one of those "U CAN NEVER SCORE 50 IN MY COURSE MOFOS" now he's gone with all his degrees and probably his marking scripts. Laffing in boko haram
how dare you talk like this to the dead? Have you got conscience at all?
Re: Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack by swisstaker(m): 4:16pm On May 22, 2012
@otokx,i just day exageraye,but i no u get d message am trying to pass across.even for ofrima sef,no b work to climb reach d 4th floor for an old man @ 70??

Jamb Will Never Penalise/cancel Any Result Over Change Of Paper Type / Why Do People Lie About Their Academic Pedigree / Abia State University 2013/2014 Post Utme/admission Update (sms Alert)