Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines (15706 Views)

Short Codes To Check Your Mobile Numbers For Mtn,etisalat,glo And Airtel. / Mtn, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat Manual And Automatic Internet Settings / GSM Network Issues And Problems (Zain, Etisalat, Glo, MTN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by mrperfect(m): 3:22pm On May 22, 2012
Both sides have a valid points.
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by velo10: 5:15am On May 23, 2012
Nigerian environment is not so business-friendly
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by jmslimx(m): 6:51am On May 23, 2012
Sometimes i wounder why Nigerian Government aint looking at alternative source of energy, In the North we have over 12-14 Hours of sun light ... All the billions they have stolen especially during OBJ time ... 2Billion usd is enough to build a Solar farm which some states in Australia and US use as major power source.. What happens to industrial wind mills on the coastline PH , Rivers , Lagos .... What is happening to our LNG - Why are they not using the LNG that they are not accounting for to generate power... seriously when i think about this issues , this stuff doesn't not need a rocket science to implement but the basics are still corruption , what happen to the money this telecoms paid for license ... I tier... this Niggas need to be Hanged or get a Chinese Prison for all this politicians where u no fit stand up or sit down or lay down ...for all i care

1 Like

Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by melvournis(f): 7:07am On May 23, 2012
Lisa1: Delivery's fine[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
I very much agree with your point of view
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by cyrexx: 7:15am On May 23, 2012
you see, these are the reasons i dont blame the hackers who cracked the codes to enable people to browse freely on their network, without subscribing. i even heard of one where you can make free phone calls. while i dont support their criminal activities, i dont blame those hackers either. its like this saying "two can play the game". Nigerian service providers care nothing about excellent service for their customers.....
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by maybel(m): 7:18am On May 23, 2012
@bright007,if u're on mtn pulse and u want to be getting 10mb after N100 recharge,this is what u wil do. If ur last recharge was last Monday dont recharge until next week Tuesday. Their own 7days is actually 8days.
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by Stevenjel: 7:59am On May 23, 2012
Get the latest jobs in Nigeria on . They have more jobs than anyone else. And it’s free to search and apply for jobs.http:///J1ZVjI
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by Mustay(m): 8:48am On May 23, 2012
Inasmuch as am also pissed off with all of these networks (at least, I've used 3/4), their 'excuses' also goes to show you how we shoot ourselves in the foot in Nigeria. Making things difficult for ourselves seems to be a hobby. We keep making businesses difficult to operate especially without adequate infrastructures yet we are soliciting investors.

It's like govt handing out a fine to a driver that didn't adhere to traffic light rules whilst the traffic lights are not working.

1 Like

Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by sweetgala(m): 9:31am On May 23, 2012
We blame telecoms company we blame government, when election come and you go vote for these nepotism loving corruption riddled politicians, who is to blame? , cause nah for nairaland we dey hear your voice when It's time to speak out and vent your anger about the state of Nigeria all of you go gentle .
Until we actively campaign for better conditions and empower upright politicians we'll see no different. Where is the collective fighting spirit we saw in January . The government need be reminded that is still ever present and questions could be asked of them anytime.

For all that don't see it, these civil servants at NCC have just arranged how to extort money from these unfortunate companies, they would share it among themselves and nothing would change.

1 Like

Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by Kuulnomsy(m): 11:03am On May 23, 2012
I won't care if only MTN will be asked to pay the fine alone. Stingy bastar.ds angry angry angry
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by yimiton(f): 11:42am On May 23, 2012
EPOMA:

Obasanjo shared that money to all the state governors and himself, this was from a very reliable source at that time

@Epoma, this can't be true because Annual Operating Fees is paid annually to NCC and it runs into Billions of Naira. So, Obasanjo couldn't have continued sharing money that kept coming in even after his exit till now.

These are some of the Fees Telecom Companies pay to NCC periodically:

Annual Operating Levy (This amount is ridiculously high, I mean, only one teleco pays over N 1 Billion annually)
Annual Spectrum Fees (Hundreds of Millions of Naira)
Annual Numbering Plan Renewal Fees (Depends on the number of range you have, it's always in Millions)
New Numbering Range Fees (over 500 million Naira)
Advert Notification and Promo Application Fees
etc.

There are also monies paid to other different Regulatory Bodies; like Consumer Protection Council (CPC), Lottery Commission etc and of course, Local Government, States, Traditional Rulers, Youth Organizations etc. These exclude the several various CSR initiatives that the telcos are involved in.

Also, there are usually multiple taxation from different people and organizations and for the risks involved, look at the statement released.

One wonders why the Government cannot invest these monies in National Security for the telecoms infrastructure or at least provide them with electricity to power their infrastructure as well as provide them some sort of security from molestations and exploitation. Instead, they go ahead and impose fines on them for achieving a goal that the government could never have achieved in this business unfriendly country.

God help Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 23, 2012
to make things clear. Never believe in what ncc said or fined. It will never and never get to any suscriber except their pockets. All network have their internal problem. Agree, like poor customer care, unwarrant promos to rip us off.fine!

I had poor service frm starcoms for more than 2 months now for my 250 hrs suscription, i hardly browse 30hrs out of it cos the network went off totally. Then after several attempt of restalling my internet, i met one if their top staff who sat me down and said, the main problem of network mentainance is frm ncc itself. They stopped all the network from building more mast. Have u noticed? Little expansion on network. They treatned any provider who will violate their law. He said one thing, that maintainace is beyond them. He said ncc have their affiliate engineers. They have hark most of the mentainace jobs .if they have problem anywhere, before, their engineers will resoond quicly but now it takes process to contact them or respond the contract enginers. What do you think we should expect frm them?
Again look at it this way, why is it that all of them are doing almost same trend of promos or why do you think that all of them are sanctioned for poor performance? It mustnot be them, it is ncc trying to be good uy wen they know that they are the origin of network problem.
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by Nextworldnx(m): 1:58pm On May 23, 2012
bright007: Ťĥĕ most annoying thing about MTN is dat you cant speak with their agents anymore.Their customer service is just å dummy of it former self.
I magine migrating to MTN pulse where I read that I will receive 10MG of data for every N100 recharge.After receiving ťĥĕ first one,it has been an hopless situation of recharging without getting any data bundle.I tried calling their customer care and ťĥĕ machine doesn't wait for me to listen before telling me their ghost agents are currently busy.
If I recharge again and I don't get my 10MG,I will break the fucking sim.

hahahhahaha hohohohohohohohohh hehehehehehehehe!!!! my belle o! grin grin grin

Una no go kill person for nairaland o! This one pass Ali Baba comedy show.
No wonder i always come on nairaland to ease off during office hours! cheesy
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by samir101ng(m): 2:33pm On May 23, 2012
yimiton:

@Epoma, this can't be true because Annual Operating Fees is paid annually to NCC and it runs into Billions of Naira. So, Obasanjo couldn't have continued sharing money that kept coming in even after his exit till now.

These are some of the Fees Telecom Companies pay to NCC periodically:

Annual Operating Levy (This amount is ridiculously high, I mean, only one teleco pays over N 1 Billion annually)
Annual Spectrum Fees (Hundreds of Millions of Naira)
Annual Numbering Plan Renewal Fees (Depends on the number of range you have, it's always in Millions)
New Numbering Range Fees (over 500 million Naira)
Advert Notification and Promo Application Fees
etc.

There are also monies paid to other different Regulatory Bodies; like Consumer Protection Council (CPC), Lottery Commission etc and of course, Local Government, States, Traditional Rulers, Youth Organizations etc. These exclude the several various CSR initiatives that the telcos are involved in.

Also, there are usually multiple taxation from different people and organizations and for the risks involved, look at the statement released.

One wonders why the Government cannot invest these monies in National Security for the telecoms infrastructure or at least provide them with electricity to power their infrastructure as well as provide them some sort of security from molestations and exploitation. Instead, they go ahead and impose fines on them for achieving a goal that the government could never have achieved in this business unfriendly country.

God help Nigeria.

Yet despite all these taxations, MTN and Co. are smiling to the bank every quarter. How much do these guys make every year after tax ?? Nobody is disputing the fact that Nigeria is a very challenging environment for any business to operate in but despite all these issues, this GSM companies still declare large profits every year. This companies have just cracked the code that anything goes in Nigeria and therefore have been used to providing poor calls and customer service because "nothing go happen". Well something has happened and its aimed directly where it hurts, their wallets. I dont care if i get a single kobo or not but i will sure be pleased to see them pay for their attitudes and lack of good services. What MTN did to its customers when it wiped their credit would never have dare happened in an european country. Some customers have still not being refunded. How much did MTN make from that and what was their punishment ?! Nothing !! sad sad
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by Murphy7h4: 3:37pm On May 23, 2012
[quote author=habayommy][/quote]
Thanks for your post.[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by Danigmatic(m): 4:37pm On May 23, 2012
nairamobile: sms should be free
u too like Awoof!.
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by Justiyke4u: 5:07pm On May 23, 2012
The report raised so many issues in my head after reading it Was it not the public dat sufferes from d inability of d providers to diliver? Was it ncc dat suffers from injuries? Was it ncc or the public dat shud be compensated. I still wonder on these questions
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 23, 2012
Not available
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by Sealeddeal(m): 8:50am On May 24, 2012
And why would four of them issue a joint statement? I thought their business is all abt competition or has it become cabalized? While i support the need for govt to work with them,i am strongly against this cabalism.
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by safarigirl(f): 10:27am On May 24, 2012
This is BS! Excuses for slacking, were they not aware of the power situation before entering the market? It's just like a child saying he failed exams cos there's constant power failure. Would you listen to that? Na MTN (MAXIMUM THIEVERY NATIONWIDE) own dey vex me pass, deleting people's credits randomly without apologies, and when you call their useless customer care all you get is arrogance and rudeness (if they even pick your call sef). Then their data bundle, it's only when you subscribe for one that the internet connection becomes faulty until the subscription comes to an end. Make dem pay the fine jare! I'll be happy knowing that someone else has stolen from them. After all if u hear sey person thief politician car, u no go happy whether u get a share of the loot or not?
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by Mustay(m): 11:27am On May 24, 2012
Sealeddeal: And why would four of them issue a joint statement? I thought their business is all abt competition or has it become cabalized? While i support the need for govt to work with them,i am strongly against this cabalism.

OLIGOPOLY
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by gbolahan1(m): 5:46am On Jun 01, 2012
I wish they not only reading these but taking neccessory actions. Mere wish?
Re: Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines by Seun(m): 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
Unstickied.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Directs NCC To Block Over 9 Million Unregistered Sim Cards / BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 / The Much Awaited Elephone P7000 Pioneer Presales Begin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.