Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

If Nairaland Were A Country, - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If Nairaland Were A Country, (851 Views)

Become A Country Coordinator / Can I Study Law In A Country And Work In Another Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nairaland Were A Country, by yemmyma: 3:17pm On May 22, 2012
I look at this forum always as a convergence of bright Nigerians. So many professional inquiries on career, academics and so on. Everyday we keep seeing people from all walks of life coming here for some sort of advice. Illiteracy as we know can be pointed out as one of the drawbacks of our suffering democracy. But looking around Nairaland, i would assume more than 80% of the forum users have atleast a B.Sc. I really don't have any estimate on the figures of the forum users but i can conclude on one fact that the number is quite on the upside. Above 100K? Someone help me!

If the population of Nairaland was to be made a country, do you think it will be better off in decision making considering the level of education of the users than the current Nigeria we have? or are we just made as a country to speak in different tongues regardless of our level of education and civilization?

Please help me out my people...
Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by yamakuza: 3:21pm On May 22, 2012
Have you been to all parts of Nairaland?

[s]Fallacy of Hasty Generalisation, methinks![/s]

2 Likes

Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 22, 2012
@OP
i suggest you check some of the threads on the RELIGION or POLITIC section.

1 Like

Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by yemmyma: 3:53pm On May 22, 2012
yamakuza: Have you been to all parts of Nairaland?

[s]Fallacy of Hasty Generalisation, methinks![/s]

Did you know what aroused my interest in this topic? Before i answer you, in what area did i generalize?
Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by yemmyma: 3:56pm On May 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
i suggest you check some of the threads on the RELIGION or POLITIC section.

Well yeah, part of what brought about the topic and how educated or enlightened people can be so differentiated by simple topics that only needs common sense to conclude.
Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by yamakuza: 4:05pm On May 22, 2012
yemmy_ma:

Did you know what aroused my interest in this topic? Before i answer you, in what area did i generalize?
my response was in 2 parts.

The 2nd part would be implied if the answer to the 1st is as i strongly suspect, hence my crossing it out.

I could be wrong, as i often am always, but i think you spend a lot of your time on only a tiny part of this country called NL, no?
Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by yemmyma: 4:28pm On May 22, 2012
well, my navigation through the country lands me on the front page and career section respectively. So i guess i sampled my observation on the numerous politics, religion, and what have we sections i can see from the front page. And trust me, you don't have to go further from the front page to start wondering why and how do we think so differently.

1 Like

Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by yamakuza: 6:23pm On May 22, 2012
Having established the basis of your discourse, i guess its safe to proceed.

yemmy_ma: I look at this forum always as a convergence of bright Nigerians. So many professional inquiries on career, academics and so on. Everyday we keep seeing people from all walks of life coming here for some sort of advice. Illiteracy as we know can be pointed out as one of the drawbacks of our suffering democracy. But looking around Nairaland, i would assume more than 80% of the forum users have atleast a B.Sc. I really don't have any estimate on the figures of the forum users but i can conclude on one fact that the number is quite on the upside. Above 100K? Someone help me!

If the population of Nairaland was to be made a country, do you think it will be better off in decision making considering the level of education of the users than the current Nigeria we have? or are we just made as a country to speak in different tongues regardless of our level of education and civilization?

Please help me out my people...

i daresay over half of the active users on NL are teenagers/undergraduates, 25% fresh graduates and another 20% , the seniors.

That would put the graduates at roughly 45% of 400k to 500k active users.

I stand to be corrected though.
Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by yemmyma: 2:14pm On May 23, 2012
Well, i should have rephrased my statement with *at least are in an undergraduate studies*. My general assertion was to say that everybody should be able to answer questions more technically than those who have never been to an higher institution.
Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by yamakuza: 6:04pm On May 23, 2012
yemmy_ma: Well, i should have rephrased my statement with *at least are in an undergraduate studies*. My general assertion was to say that everybody should be able to answer questions more technically than those who have never been to an higher institution.

not sure, but i think most people dont come here online to answer questions.

To find answers maybe, but mostly for fun/entertainment.
Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by AjanleKoko: 2:31pm On May 24, 2012
@OP,

Methinks someone answered a question in a way you did not like. Abi? cheesy wink
Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by yemmyma: 2:49pm On May 24, 2012
AjanleKoko: @OP,

Methinks someone answered a question in a way you did not like. Abi? cheesy wink

Well, you could say that but i guess the other responder knew what i was driving at.

My main reason for posting that original piece was to create some other form of career discussion than we are currently seeing. From time to time i will post some things that comes to mind and share for like minds to engage in something more thoughtful.

1 Like

Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by AjanleKoko: 2:55pm On May 24, 2012
yemmy_ma:

Well, you could say that but i guess the other responder knew what i was driving at.

My main reason for posting that original piece was to create some other form of career discussion than we are currently seeing. From time to time i will post some things that comes to mind and share for like minds to engage in something more thoughtful.

At this, I had to go back and re-read the OP . . . embarassed
Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by yamakuza: 6:35pm On May 24, 2012
And i was really looking forward to discussing The Sociology of Complex Organisations, Using Nairaland As A Case Study.

Oh, well!
Re: If Nairaland Were A Country, by yemmyma: 7:27pm On May 24, 2012
yamakuza: And i was really looking forward to discussing The Sociology of Complex Organisations, Using Nairaland As A Case Study.

Oh, well!

hehehehe, well you will wait for long on that.

AjanleKoko:

At this, I had to go back and re-read the OP . . . embarassed

Well, i tried to use one stone to kill two owls. lol. if you get my drift?

(1) (Reply)

Building Contract: A Professional Bill Of Quantity! / 9 Ways To Better Yourself / Salaries Of Parastatals For Level 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.