Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Is Jesus The Son of God ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus The Son of God ? (889 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / How Do We Know That Jesus Is The Son Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus The Son of God ? by Ayomivic(m): 5:57pm On May 22, 2012
IS JESUS THE SON OF GOD?

This question had caused a lot of controvercy between the two most world popular religions, Islam and Christiatianity. Muslims said that Jesus is not son of God beause nobody gives birth to God and he did not give birth to anybody. He (God) has no wife no children. True to their words, there is not a verse in bible that talked about God having wife of or father a son like people of the earth do. If this is correct, then how does Jesus be the son of God ?

In the bible, Jesus said said he had being before he comes to the world. Let read little verses in the bible where he said this.

For i came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. John 6:38

Not that any man had seen the father, save he with is of God, he hath seen the father. John 6: 46

Your father Abraham rejoiced to sef wy day: and he saw it, and was glad. Then said the jew unto him, thou art not yet fifty years old, and and hath thou seen Abraham? Jesus said to them verily verily ,i say unto you before Abraham was , i am. Then took the stones to cast at him but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple,going through the misdst of them, and so passed by.John 8: 56-59. Another verse

"And he said unto them, how say they that Christ is David's son? And David him self said in the book of Psalm, the lord said unto my lord, sit thou on my right hand,till i made thine enemies the footstool. David therefore called him lord, how is then his son ?

The two point we can hold from the verses above are these. Firstly he said he come from heaven and secondly he said he had being before Abraham. All these mean Jesus had been in heaven before.

Jesus was also call the son of God when alive and he did not rebuke it. When he asked his disciples that whom did people call the son of man,they answered him saying some say that thou art John the baptist; some, Elisa, and other Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He say unto them, but how say ye that iam? And Simon Peter anstered and said, thou art the ,the son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him,bless art thou Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it to you,bv my father which is in heaven.Matt 16:13- 17.

The evil spirit also confessed him to be son's of God before he was sent out by Jesus in the gospel of Mark 5:1-7.There are many verses to back it but let limit it here .

If Jesus was called the son of God and he did not rebuke it, is he not truely son of God ? If he is, then in what way ?

The Angels were called many names in Bible among that names is son of God.Let see verses where they are called son's of God in Bible.

And it come to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughter where born unto them, that the sons of God saw the daughter of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.Genesis 6: 2
The sons of God here refers to Angels.

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themself before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord. Job 2

I think the two verses have answered and solve our problem. If Jesus were in heaven as he said, then he would be with angels and if Angels were called sons of God i think it does not excluded Jesus.Therefore Jesus is son of God.The book of Daniel also tells us how Jesus was anointed in heaven and given power let read.

I saw in the night visions,and behold, one like the son of man came with the clouds of heaven and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all people, nationsh and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. Daniel 7; 13 -14.

Jesus also said we christians not to call anybody father

Call no man father upon the earth, for one is your father, which is in heaven. Matt 23: 9

the verse above should stand as my evidence to prove because as Jesus said we should call God our ,do that mean God mary our mother and begat or born us? No. It merely significed the God's love towards us. He created us and provides for our needs, gave us rain, sun ,breeze and instructed us what to do and what not to do. He is our God and also our father. We are his (God) creature and his children.

May God count us worthy to enter his kingdom (Amen)
Re: Is Jesus The Son of God ? by Joel3(m): 6:30pm On May 24, 2012
There are things that don't sound right in the bible to me, i think we should blame the writers. Because alot contradicting.

Who then can be save? Its better not to preach than to preach what u don't knw, for misleading many, the punishment goes higher, warning to the preacher. In the book of samuel, God says i will punish eli and hes family. Eli is a priest that work for God all his life, yet he die as God command. Thx.
Re: Is Jesus The Son of God ? by Goshen360(m): 7:47pm On May 24, 2012
@ OP,

Are you teaching or asking question in order to get an answer or you need "help" for understand?
Re: Is Jesus The Son of God ? by ijawkid(m): 8:23pm On May 24, 2012
Jesus i§ son of himself.....

According to some teaching.....
Re: Is Jesus The Son of God ? by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 24, 2012
At poster, it seems you are trying to equate Jesus Christ wit angels based on d "son of God" factor? Trying to use logic on scripture might be futile as trying to prove egg/chicken which came first.
Re: Is Jesus The Son of God ? by ApostlePat: 10:32pm On May 24, 2012
sonS of God is NOT the same as son of God. Only Christ is called son of God. We (Christians) are also called the sons of God, John 1:12

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

God is NOT man. God can make children out of stone for Abraham.

(1) (Reply)

Was It Really Elijah That Came Back As John The Baptist??!! / Why Jesus IS NOT The "Pre-human", Archangel Michael. / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Tuesday 14th May, 2013 Leadership In Trial By Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.