Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Street Wise Quotes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Street Wise Quotes (14116 Views)

Is It Wise To Start A Business With Loan / Difference Between A Business Name And Limited Company (cac-wise) / A Wise Strategy For Betonmarket Traders.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Street Wise Quotes by africanboy(m): 11:14am On Mar 31, 2006
These are some quotes that help me move along in life - just thought I should share with you. If I remember the authors, I will modify this post

-------------------------
If it of no use to be a creative thinker in business nowadays, if you can not effectively market your goods. Management can never see a good idea unless it is sold to them by a good salesman

If you cant beat them, you are not fit enough to join them. If you can beat them, make it a habit.

Re: Street Wise Quotes by SIBLI06(m): 11:50am On Mar 31, 2006
Source -

http://www.theneonweb.com/funsite/Quote6.html

When you fall in a river, you're no longer a fisherman; you're a swimmer. - Gene Hill

It is not enough to aim, you must hit.

Italian proverb Begin at the beginning . . . and go on till you come to the end: then stop. - Lewis Carroll

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Be wiser than other people if you can, but do not tell them so. - Philip Dormer Stanhope

Don't get really good at something you don't want to do. - Mark Albion

A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. - H.H. Munro

When you have got an elephant by the hind leg, and he is trying to run away, it is best to let him run. - Abraham Lincoln

No matter how far you have gone on a wrong road, turn back. - Turkish proverb
Re: Street Wise Quotes by africanboy(m): 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2006
A commitee is a group of the unwilling selected from the unfit to do the unnecessary
Re: Street Wise Quotes by omogenaija(f): 3:52am On Apr 01, 2006
"1+1 = 11 " ------------------ Oyato A Nigerian Movie
Re: Street Wise Quotes by Ynot(m): 5:51am On Apr 01, 2006
[list]
[li]If it were absolutely necessary to choose, I would rather be guilty of an immoral act than of a cruel one.[/li]
[li]It is only the poor who pay cash, and that not from virtue, but because they are refused credit.[/li]
[li]Existence would be intolerable if we were never to dream.[/li]
[li]Ignorance and error are necessary to life, like bread and water.[/li]
[li]It is better to understand little than to misunderstand a lot.[/li]
[li]The books that everybody admires are those nobody reads[/li]
[li]To accomplish great things we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.[/li]
[li]When a thing has been said and well, have no scruple. Take it and copy it.[/li]
[li]Only men who are not interested in women are interested in women's clothes. Men who like women never notice what they wear.[/li]
[li]People who have no weaknesses are terrible; there is no way of taking advantage of them.[/li]
[li]Those who have given themselves the most concern about the happiness of peoples have made their neighbors very miserable.[/li]
[li]An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't.[/li]
[/list]

~Anatole France, French author, Nobel prize winner for Literature (1921)
Re: Street Wise Quotes by hotangel2(f): 7:58am On Apr 01, 2006
Nice quotes guys. Here's one Quote that keeps me moving. Ever since i found it, somethings have changed.

"Bite off more than you can chew, Then Chew It."
Re: Street Wise Quotes by Typewriter(m): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2006
a candle has noting to loose by lighting another candle rather it gain more brithness around it

so enlight the person near you and you have two wise people and one less problem
Re: Street Wise Quotes by ojd(m): 1:21am On Apr 03, 2006
Nice quotes guys, here are some of my favourites from my private collections;

• Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. ~Sicilian Proverb
• Poverty sits by the cradle of all our great men and rocks all of them to manhood. ~Heinrich Heine
• Waste your money and you're only out of money, but waste your time and you've lost a part of your life.
~Michael Leboeuf
• If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. ~Aristotle Onassis
• They who are of the opinion that Money will do everything, may very well be suspected to do everything for Money. ~George Savile, Complete Works, 1912
• The best contraceptive is a glass of cold water: not before or after, but instead. ~Author Unknown
• Nature abhors a virgin - a frozen asset. ~Clare Booth Luce
• To hear many religious people talk, one would think God created the torso, head, legs and arms, but the devil slapped on the genitals. ~Don Schrader

More to come in days ahead wink
Re: Street Wise Quotes by africanboy(m): 9:33am On Apr 03, 2006
"Absence sharpens love, Presence strengthens it" - sidney Sheldon/Nina de Lenclos? Cant really remember

I say this to people who say I am a bad boy - "you can not wet water" - meaning I can not influence you, you make the decisions.
Re: Street Wise Quotes by Typewriter(m): 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2006
God works well only when it suits u the rest is devils work yet you took all the decisions on their behalfs, wise one
Re: Street Wise Quotes by Idekeson(m): 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2006
"Voom is better than statement" (In Nigeria)
Re: Street Wise Quotes by Ynot(m): 1:48pm On Apr 03, 2006
Typewriter:

a candle has noting to loose by lighting another candle rather it gain more brithness around it

so enlight the person near you and you have two wise people and one less problem

I like this quote but, don't forget the second candle might decide to burn down the house. tongue Literary
Re: Street Wise Quotes by omogenaija(f): 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2006
" tell it like it is , not how it should be "---------------- i made that up on my way back from school
Re: Street Wise Quotes by kasaliyaro(m): 3:59am On Apr 04, 2006
People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.
Re: Street Wise Quotes by folababa: 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2006
God protect from my friends; leave my enemies to me , cause i see them coming.
Re: Street Wise Quotes by kasaliyaro(m): 1:16am On Apr 05, 2006
@Folababa, nice one

be it a prayer or a quote, AMEN be my answer.
Re: Street Wise Quotes by harmony: 6:03pm On Apr 05, 2006
procrasination is a lot like masturbation, because in the end, you're only bleeping yourself.
Re: Street Wise Quotes by hotangel2(f): 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2006
^^ dat one i like.
Re: Street Wise Quotes by Idekeson(m): 9:58pm On Apr 05, 2006
harmony:

procrastination is a lot like masturbation, because in the end, you're only bleeping yourself.

Wise talk. Agreed.
Re: Street Wise Quotes by omogenaija(f): 1:03am On Apr 09, 2006
" do u and let me know the results"

" a stiff d!ck , has no concerns"
Re: Street Wise Quotes by blapo(m): 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2010
In the bible it says you have to forgive seventy times seven. I want you all to know, I'm keeping a chart.

The three words 've learnt about life, IT GOES ON.
Re: Street Wise Quotes by hectorswag(m): 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2010
folababa:

God protect from my friends; leave my enemies to me , cause i see them coming.
nice one! wink i dey feel you! grin

(1) (Reply)

Oil Prices Soar To $58 On Global Output Cut Deal / 5 Financial Mistakes New Business Owners Should Avoid / FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.