Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:31 AM

Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA (4365 Views)

Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 23, 2012
Queens Park Rangers captain Joey Barton has been handed a 12-game ban and fined £75,000 by the Football Association after being charged with two counts of violent conduct following his dismissal against Manchester City on May 13.

Barton accepted the first charge against him for kicking Sergio Aguero to the ground from behind after being sent off for elbowing Carlos Tevez. But he requested a personal hearing to challenge a charge in relation to a headbutt aimed in the direction of Vincent Kompany.

The independent regulatory commission found him guilty of the second charge and handed down an eight-game ban. He had already received an automatic four-game ban for the red card in the game, as he had previously been sent off in the same season.

The chairman of the commission stated after the hearing: "There are rules of conduct that should be adhered to, and such behaviour tarnishes the image of football in this country, particularly as this match was the pinnacle of the domestic season and watched by millions around the globe."

A 12-game ban means he will be suspended from all football until mid-November. The previous ban of such a magnitude was an 11-game suspension for Sheffield Wednesday's Paolo di Canio for pushing over referee Paul Alcock in a match against Arsenal in September 1998.

The FA released a statement which read: "Barton was charged by The FA with two counts of violent conduct in relation to the Queens Park Rangers game against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday 13 May 2012.

"Following Barton's dismissal in the 54th minute of the match, there followed two incidents involving Manchester City's Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany. As Barton had already been dismissed, both of these incidents fell outside the jurisdiction of the referee.

"Barton accepted the charge of violent conduct against Aguero but denied the second breach of violent conduct against Kompany. The independent regulatory commission, however, found this second charge proved.

"Barton is already serving a four-match suspension for his dismissal in the match, which consists of three matches for violent conduct plus one match as this was the player's second dismissal of the season. The two further breaches for violent conduct ordered he be suspended for eight matches to run consecutively to the four matches, taking the total suspension to 12 matches."

QPR will be making no comment at this stage.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1077413/qpr-midfielder-joey-barton-handed-12-game-ban-after-city-shame?cc=3888
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Nasri100(m): 9:45am On May 24, 2012
JOEY BURDEN sigh
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Opoki(m): 9:51am On May 24, 2012
Isn't that too much? I mean which one should attract higher penalty between racial assult (Suarez) and physical assult? I believe there's going to be an appeal and the term is likely reduced to 8ban or slightly more.
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Oluwadare: 9:52am On May 24, 2012
Ain't satisfied @all with this penalty,the guy's in grade four of thugery class very very dangerous and unprofessional footballer. Hence must be penalize and given compulsory retirement.
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Joey82(m): 10:03am On May 24, 2012
Barton should just quit playing football. He lacks the true spirit of sportsmanship. He can never be seen in positive light. I think he is the most redcarded player in football history.
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Nobody: 10:14am On May 24, 2012
The eediot that winch Arsenal in our first match last season causing us to lose 8-2 to Man utd...he should be banned for life.
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Nobody: 10:41am On May 24, 2012
CHESSBOARD: The eediot that winch Arsenal in our first match last season causing us to lose 8-2 to Man utd...he should be banned for life.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Abeg o, how did QPR aid ManU in that wonderful victory?

@ Post, I think he was given the maximum penalty for challenging the charge. Good one by the FA but they need to work racial attacks especially those commited by spectators. I like the fact that the guy who mocked Fabrice Muamba was suspended by his school. Something the FA should emulate by charging the guy for hate crime.

1 Like

Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Nobody: 10:51am On May 24, 2012
These FA dudes are something else, an offense(Racism) committed by Suarez which happens to be a cancer eating up the game of football year in year out only attracted a mere 8 match ban.... Why should Barton get more than 5? There sense of judgement should be questioned
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Kuulnomsy(m): 11:13am On May 24, 2012
ogbeche77: These FA dudes are something else, an offense(Racism) committed by Suarez which happens to be a cancer eating up the game of football year in year out only attracted a mere 8 match ban.... Why should Barton get more than 5? There sense of judgement should be questioned

Seems everyone has forgotten John Terry's case undecided undecided
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by joudini(m): 11:15am On May 24, 2012
Barton has a looooong history of abuse. He has being involved in way many on and off the field demeanours. Perhaps, this is just to serve more as a deterrent measure.

It's hard not to think he is a psychopath.
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by megxo(m): 11:20am On May 24, 2012
joey hia, joey dia.......... cud anytin Good com outta JOEY *sighs*
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by wandeay: 11:49am On May 24, 2012
His career and life have been marked by
numerous controversial incidents and disciplinary problems and he has been convicted twice on charges of violence. On 20 May 2008 he was
sentenced to six months' imprisonment for common assault and affray during an incident in Liverpool City Centre. Barton served 77 days of this prison term, being released on 28 July 2008. On 1 July 2008 he was also given a four months suspended sentence after admitting assault occasioning actual bodily harm on former teammate Ousmane Dabo during a training ground dispute on 1 May 2007. This incident effectively ended his Manchester City career. Barton has been charged with violent conduct three times by The FA: for the assault on Dabo, for punching Morten Gamst Pedersen in the stomach and for attacking three players on the final day of the 2011-12 season.
He is a useless player, am sure he came across football by mistake, he should go for wrestling, we hav millions of footballer out there ready 2 display their talent, you are here, doing nonsense, mtcheeeew!!!
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Uzilla: 1:13pm On May 24, 2012
Joey Barton is an arrogant and irresposible dude. Period
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Limaoscar: 1:39pm On May 24, 2012
His career and life have been marked by
numerous controversial incidents and disciplinary problems and he has been convicted twice on charges of violence. On 20 May 2008 he was
sentenced to six months' imprisonment for common assault and affray during an incident in Liverpool City Centre. Barton served 77 days of this prison term, being released on 28 July 2008. On 1 July 2008 he was also given a four months suspended sentence after admitting assault occasioning actual bodily harm on former teammate Ousmane Dabo during a training ground dispute on 1 May 2007. This incident effectively ended his Manchester City career. Barton has been charged with violent conduct three times by The FA: for the assault on Dabo, for punching Morten Gamst Pedersen in the stomach and for attacking three players on the final day of the 2011-12 season.
He is a useless player, am sure he came across football by mistake, he should go for wrestling, we hav millions of footballer out there ready 2 display their talent, you are here, doing nonsense, mtcheeeew!!!

...And to think that this guy wears the Captain Arm band sometimes....I tire o!
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by 1025: 2:08pm On May 24, 2012
he kicked two different players so i think this ban will be multiplied by two.
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Claus(m): 3:04pm On May 24, 2012
ogbeche77: These FA dudes are something else, an offense(Racism) committed by Suarez which happens to be a cancer eating up the game of football year in year out only attracted a mere 8 match ban.... Why should Barton get more than 5? There sense of judgement should be questioned

While I fully support the attempts to stamp out racism, these two charges should not be compared. Joey Barton is a persistent offender.

In addition, if you look at the breakdown of the 12 match ban, there's an automatic 4 match ban due to his second red card of the season. AFTER the red card, he then went ahead to commit two other offences which brought about the additional charges. So you're looking at an average of a 4 match ban per charge as well as the automatic 4 match ban for his second red card of the season.
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by jcross19: 3:16pm On May 24, 2012
J
violent act is a big crime in football.in football there is excitement not other wise.i don't see anything about racism is just that we take out of hand.then no one is free of the crime then God is a racist according to bible.the only should be the main focus is to avoid race to cloud or influence our justice which i think is the crime.
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by nomshu(m): 3:50pm On May 24, 2012
na mad man!
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 24, 2012
Claus:

While I fully support the attempts to stamp out racism, these two charges should not be compared. Joey Barton is a persistent offender.

In addition, if you look at the breakdown of the 12 match ban, there's an automatic 4 match ban due to his second red card of the season. AFTER the red card, he then went ahead to commit two other offences which brought about the additional charges. So you're looking at an average of a 4 match ban per charge as well as the automatic 4 match ban for his second red card of the season.
Yes Barton is a serial criminal, we all know that, he even comes from a family with loads of criminal record huge enough to sink a ship... But it does not change the fact that all offense has to be treated relatively and as they come.. When Ben Tatcher almost broke a dude (name I can't remember now) sometimes in 2008 he got only 5 matches, that injury almost ended the dude career, he's currently not playing in any 1st tier league now, I'm not making a case for Barton I just want those FA guys to be consistent with there hammer and stop practicing selective judgement
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Claus(m): 4:46pm On May 24, 2012
ogbeche77:
Yes Barton is a serial criminal, we all know that, he even comes from a family with loads of criminal record huge enough to sink a ship... But it does not change the fact that all offense has to be treated relatively and as they come.. When Ben Tatcher almost broke a dude (name I can't remember now) sometimes in 2008 he got only 5 matches, that injury almost ended the dude career, he's currently not playing in any 1st tier league now, I'm not making a case for Barton I just want those FA guys to be consistent with there hammer and stop practicing selective judgement

I guess we've addressed the comparison to Suarez's racist charge then.

I vaguely remember the Ben Thatcher incident, but just looked it up BBC for the details. It was in 2006, he was suspended for 6 games and fined 6 weeks wages by his own club. The F.A. too suspended him for 8 games, with a further 15 game ban suspended for 2 years. [I've watched the incident again and I actually think he should have faced a more severe punishment + a criminal charge. Maybe what saved him were his apologies].

I'm not an advocate for the English F.A., but surely we can ensure accusations against them are credible. Perhaps there's another example that shows the inconsistency you speak about. It's always worthy of discussion.
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Azubreezy(m): 7:30pm On May 24, 2012
he deserves even more. arrant fuckstar!
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by wandeay: 7:58pm On May 24, 2012
Barton's brother Michael Barton was sentenced to
life imprisonment (with a tariff of 17 years) for his
involvement in the racially motivated murder of Anthony Walker in 2005. Joey made a public appeal to his brother to come forward and help
with the police investigation following the attack,
and also made a series of calls to Michael,
enquiring about his involvement in the incident.
His father also divorce his mother when he was youg, you can see its a lineage curse, i pray his son should not follow this course.
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by room702(m): 9:31pm On May 24, 2012
this is a slap on the wrist by the FA. he has been doing stupid things on the pitch and tweeting for attention. he wont dare try this kinda nonsense off the pitch because he knows he will most definitely get beat up or stabbed with the quickness. soon and i mean Very soon he will meet a guy that will give him a good smacking and then video tape it for youtube to humiliate him, that's the only thing that will calm him down for good because the FA will not severely punish the bastard.
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by Nobody: 6:30am On May 25, 2012
careytommy:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Abeg o, how did QPR aid ManU in that wonderful victory?
@ careytommy, ds sucker acted d scenes dat led 2 d suspension of close 2 three in-form Arsenal players in d QPR game preceedin Man U game then. D likes of Gervinho, Song etc were absent because of ds sociopath... Infact he tops d EPL punishment/disciplinary list, far far ahead of d said BALOTELLI.
Re: Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA by asidere(m): 7:48pm On May 25, 2012
Joey barton should be ban for life,he should not play football again,I suggest he goes to the WWE where can show his talent as a real fighter,imagine joey barton is a wrestler,he will feel the RKO from randy orton and the choke slam from undertaker week in week out

(1) (Reply)

Bradford City Vs Swansea: CapitalOne Final - (0 - 5) - On 24th February 2013 / Manchester United Vs Newcastle United (1 - 1) On Saturday 26th Nov. 2011 / Chelsea Vs Bolton [1 - 0 ]On Tuesday, 13th April 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.