Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy (4966 Views)

Joey Barton Banned for 12 Matches & Fined £75K By The FA / John Terry: Fa Set To Remove England Captaincy / Arsenal's Gervinho Vs Newcastle's Barton: Who Is The Culprit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by mukina2: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2012

JOEY BARTON has been stripped of the QPR captaincy and fined six weeks wages of around £400,000.
The midfielder, 29, was banned for 12 matches by the FA for his final-day rampage against Manchester City.

He elbowed Carlos Tevez in the face, kicked Sergio Aguero and aimed a headbutt at Joleon Lescott as he was sent off.

As well as the ban and fine, Barton will also have a clause in his contract which will allow QPR to sack him should he step out of line again.

QPR chief executive Philip Beard said: "It was important that we took our time to make sure we came to the correct decision, which I believe we have achieved.

"Joey's behaviour, which led to his red card at Manchester City, and his subsequent actions were completely unacceptable and we have made our feelings on this matter known to him.

"I am really pleased with the way in which the Club and Joey have worked towards reaching a sensible conclusion and we fully believe he will respond to these sanctions in the correct manner
Source
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2012
how much does one need to pay to get his/her topic to the front page, cos i see so many interesting stuffs dat neva get to d front page

2 Likes

Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by bamosagie(m): 4:31pm On Jun 25, 2012
12 match ban, 6 weeks wages & Stripped captaincy for one red card. I think there is a lot QPR is not saying. After all Barton used to be a city player, he probably helPed his old team get one over united. Question is if there was extra motivation from the sheik.
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by francis247(m): 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2012
GOOD! I HOPE HE SPENDS THE TWELVE WEEKS OF HIS TWELVE MATCH BAN BY THE EPL IN A PSYCHO WARD.
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by naijacloud: 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2012
bamosagie: 12 match ban, 6 weeks wages & Stripped captaincy for one red card. I think there is a lot QPR is not saying. After all Barton used to be a city player, he probably helPed his old team get one over united. Question is if there was extra motivation from the sheik.

It was d FA dat banned him for 12 games not QPR
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2012
bamosagie: 12 match ban, 6 weeks wages & Stripped captaincy for one red card. I think there is a lot QPR is not saying. After all Barton used to be a city player, he probably helPed his old team get one over united. Question is if there was extra motivation from the sheik.

Did you even watch the match to see what resulted in him receivng such lengthy bans?

1 Like

Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by JoeboyEbuka(m): 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2012
Barton should cool down o.he won't go futher if he continues lyk dis
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by talontan(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2012
The boy should have been a boxer not a footballer. He fought at the club the other night.
http://www.livescores.com.ng
our own soccer livescores portal
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by femi4: 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2012
talontan: The boy should have been a boxer not a footballer. He fought at the club the other night.
http://www.livescores.com.ng
our own soccer livescores portal
still prefers livescore.com graphics
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by femi4: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2012
crusifis: how much does one need to pay to get his/her topic to the front page, cos i see so many interesting stuffs dat neva get to d front page
and this doesn't make sense for your mind to be on front page. SMH....
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2012
The boy's supposed to be banned from football for rest of his life. He virtually fought Gervinho, Tevez, Aguero, Lescott n in a night club, all in 1 season...
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by wandeay: 7:39pm On Jun 25, 2012
Nairaland's frontpage is now bcoming a dustbin for trash, please go and see all d topics on d frontpage, most of dem are not worthy to b ther, dis Barton's post had been repeatedly moved 2 d frontpage several times, wen other most important topics are in several forums dat has no way to d frontpage, please moderators, try to check all new topics b4 moving them, please!
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by ebamma(m): 8:49pm On Jun 25, 2012
i hope his fine money will be given to charity.
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by abdulsadiq25yahoocom(m): 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2012
Menh Dis so-called Joey Barton is my Idol cus i love sturbborn boys ooooh......... anywhr i have so many of dem in persons of De-jong & Mario balotelli of Man city,Genaro gattuso , D den man utd forward Eric Cantona hahahahahah i love dem menh
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by Tropilo(m): 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2012
And what punishment did "oldman terrible" Terry get for assulting and trying to intimidate the young Barcelona player? Nothing!
Cos Chelsea do not want to discipline their players.
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by Bastiger(m): 7:33am On Jun 26, 2012
.......and he should be sent to a mental home for the duration of his ban.
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 26, 2012
crusifis: how much does one need to pay to get his/her topic to the front page, cos i see so many interesting stuffs dat neva get to d front page
Mukina is an autocratic Moderator....: Its only her post that has the right to get to the front page. undecided from the sport section though..

As for the other sections, if your topic makes sense, i can assure you that it would be moved to the front page. Have had over 50 Topics on the front page in time past. I don't create Topics anymore though. No time to monitor threads anymore.
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 26, 2012
This is what foolishness leads to
Re: Joey Barton Fined 6 Weeks Wages & Stripped Of Captaincy by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ijogz K: Mukina is an autocratic Moderator....: Its only [/b]her[b] post that has the right to get to the front page. undecided from the sport section though..

As for the other sections, if your topic makes sense, i can assure you that it would be moved to the front page. Have had over 50 Topics on the front page in time past. I don't create Topics anymore though. No time to monitor threads anymore.

d mukina na babe?

(1) (Reply)

Man City Begin Against Southampton / Mainz Vs Bayern Munich (3 - 2) On Sunday November 27th 2011 / Antonio Valencia Is The Fastest Player With The Ball

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.