Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,780 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? (62661 Views)

Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices / GoTv And Startimes Tv-comparative Measure In Quality And Authencity / Startimes Decoder: What is your view about Startimes and startimes Decoder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by salvo583: 9:22am On May 24, 2012
Have been having this toughts going in my mind; i want to go for a low end digital tv due to my income,i would want to know which terrestial pay tv (startimes and gotv in ibadan) offers the better deal in terms of product offering,subscription value,picture quality and lots more. I would'nt mind you guys listing their channels
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by Kanmiboy(m): 11:34pm On Jun 02, 2012
For me startime is no where comparable to gotv. In terms of clarity I give it to gotv n in terms of content gotv still have it joo.
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by akunjohn(m): 3:48am On Jun 09, 2012
Im ln ibadan too and i use gotv,in terms of picture quality,he beat startimes hands down and you dont even need external antena cos of your landlord and nosy neighbours

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by tivta(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2012
Pls list all channels
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by Lisa1: 8:10am On Jun 13, 2012
BUMPS
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by chummygirl: 9:16am On Jul 11, 2012
i also want to know which one is better. I reside in lagos.
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 11, 2012
Can i recieve the gotv in osogbo
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:30pm On Jul 11, 2012
smiley wink

Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by Toks2008(m): 12:44am On Jul 17, 2012
Obviously star-times still remain unbeatable but i only wish they could bring down the full bouquet subscription down a bit to 3k then go tv will have a run for their worth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by enomakos(m): 11:05am On Jul 27, 2012
is gotv in benin city yet?
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by Halogen50(m): 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
Kanmiboy: For me startime is no where comparable to gotv. In terms of clarity I give it to gotv n in terms of content gotv still have it joo.

I think I disagree Kanmiboy, I use startimes and I have friends who use GOtv and Startimes, and they complain bitterly about GOtv. From @4llerbuntu list of channels you can see that startimes' channels still out weight GOtv's channels; though this still boils down to what each person prefers sha. but for me Startimes is still better that GOtv. Picture quality wise, I think GOtv is better, but Startimes rates higher in other parameters.

akunjohn: Im ln ibadan too and i use gotv,in terms of picture quality,he beat startimes hands down and you dont even need external antena cos of your landlord and nosy neighbours
All my friends using GOtv can't view anything without external antenna. To make matters worse, the GOtv people they have to to point the antenna towards Sango from where they live to have good reception. The question my friends now had to ask was: "how will I know which direction to point the antenna from my house, when I don't even know which side Sango is from my house?"

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by Murphy7h4: 1:42am On Aug 04, 2012
Thanks a lot
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by akunjohn(m): 10:11am On Aug 15, 2012
@halogen50,my place is even far to sango,i live at adegbayi/new airport area and i have friends living in a remote area of ibadan(olodo area) too and without external antenna nd the reception is okay
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:05am On Aug 16, 2012
the thing is both platforms have areas where you need antenna, and areas where you dont.

its simply disingenious to castigate one because somebody needs antenna.

as for the better one, its a purely subjective thing. i have put up the channels available for now on both platforms. its your choice.

then i guess startimes seems to be a bit more xpensive now, but take it from me, the only reason GOTV is cheaper now is because they are just starting. when they get customers, guaranteed to be more expensive than startimes

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by seunlayi(m): 2:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
Startimes is better, go tv are just a means by dstv to counter startimes. Startimes is here to stay, I hv bn using it for almost 2years now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by samuelUMOH(m): 10:01am On Sep 03, 2012
Startime and gotv? Is like comparing secondary sch with a university my pal uses startime I use gotv ,startime sport channel is zero while gotv has one supersport atleast I watch live match everyweekend ,e.g I watch chelsea vs newcastle and other matches what does startime have to offer?my only fear is that dstv always crafty dey may increase d monthly fee wen dey get more consumers bt for now 3african magic channels and cnn are far better to startime .with 9500 I ve 3months free and d network perfect without external anntenae bt it depend on yrarea .tanks

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:07am On Sep 06, 2012
i watch live french league, dutch league, scottish league, argentinean league, american league, UEFA Champions League on startimes

i also watch catch up replays and club channels like barca tv, madrid tv, liverpool tv, milan tv, chelsea tv, tottenham tv and a few i cant remember offhand.

so it is not true that the sports station is zero.

between the above for 1k, and 1 EPL match per week for 1.5k i think i know which i prefer.

you people should stop bad mouthing anything thats not DSTV

i also watch MSNBC, BBC WORLD, AL-JAZEERA on startimes. CNN is not the only news station in the west and america's version of events is not the only one worth watching too.

There are many stations showing Nollywood movies on startimes too, even a dedicated yoruba movie station

SMH

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by samuelUMOH(m): 4:49pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hw much for all these channels ? Bros gotv is better startime 4k is outrageous and barbaric to the masses

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
all these ones i listed are for 1k and 2 k

incidentally the 4 k bouquet just adds some entertainment channels like fox. i dont think pple ever pay for it. the 2 k bouquet does the job.
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by Telez(m): 4:17am On Nov 05, 2012
is Gotv signal in osogbo?
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by born2boink(m): 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
Do not condemn starttime, they have setanta who bought live right view of USA league,french league,holland league,scotland league and mc chaine sport who shown belgiam and portugal league, plus wednesday champion league , all these are Live startime, I may have to go back to DSTV anyway but will still subscribe to startime because DSTV so worst when it rains,
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by Arsenate(m): 10:39am On Nov 30, 2012
born2fuck: Do not condemn starttime, they have setanta who bought live right view of USA league,french league,holland league,scotland league and mc chaine sport who shown belgiam and portugal league, plus wednesday champion league , all these are Live startime, I may have to go back to DSTV anyway but will still subscribe to startime because DSTV so worst when it rains,
no EPL, la liga, serie A or even Bundesliga....in other words, star times only gives one access to the crappy leagues around. Doesn't sound like a good deal at all.
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by ckamal: 11:35am On Dec 05, 2012
[quote author=4llerbuntu]the thing is both platforms have areas where you need antenna, and areas where you dont.

its simply disingenious to castigate one because somebody needs antenna.

as for the better one, its a purely subjective thing. i have put up the channels available for now on both platforms. its your choice.

then i guess startimes seems to be a bit more xpensive now, but take it from me, the only reason GOTV is cheaper now is because they are just starting. when they get customers, guaranteed to be more expensive than startimes
[/quote]

Pls i need to know if i will be needing an antenna as i stay around Toyin area @ Iju Ishaga and i also want to know if the Nigeria stations on the GOTV platform show free to air even though you are not subscribed.I will be expecting your reply sir.Thanks
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by seunlayi(m): 7:05am On Dec 08, 2012
here in ibadan, startimes beats gotv hands down; price, no of stations, no of live mathces shown signal, patronage, customer care their agents comes to my home almost on weekely basis to ask if there is any problem, recharging and a lot more. Unless someone who is addicted to certain programme on dstv, u have nothing to miss on startimes

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2013
gotv is a gross waste of money, cuts you off due to bad weather or bad network system tooooo often in the middle of programs

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by ProfCares(m): 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
Is there startimes or gotv in Osogbo?
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by mecussey(m): 5:44pm On May 14, 2013
CTL is coming to Ibadan again by July with more than 50 channels, you guys will eventually dump those things.
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by omoboy08(m): 1:17pm On May 17, 2013
mecussey: CTL is coming to Ibadan again by July with more than 50 channels, you guys will eventually dump those things.

Pls how true is this info? CTL na baba for sport and movies. i used to enjoy it when i was serving in warri.
Abeg make dem come save us from crappy dstv. As for the topic, i will choose startimes over GoNOWHERE.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by tupaz96: 8:18am On May 20, 2013
good news for.mtn users...u can now browse and send sms free of charge...

for more info on how to activate and configure ur sim contact 08107735263 or facebook.com/judoc.topaz or 2go @ tupaz96
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by Heypresto(m): 2:19pm On May 24, 2013
There is no need to blacklash any one of the two. It depends on what each individual needs. For me I want to watch the big five leagues in europe especially English and Spanish, and good Nollywood stations for my family. So go for what suit u.
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by sundayid(m): 6:43pm On May 24, 2013
how much does gotv and startimes cost? The amount 2 buy it
Re: Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? by Anuoluwap(m): 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
Startimes? Ridiculous

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position / Current Prices Of Strong Decoder And Th Models.e / Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.