Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,399 members, 7,954,579 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

Can I Fund An Ngo - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Fund An Ngo (1027 Views)

How Do I Fund My Perfect Money Account / How Can I Fund My Alertpay/payza Account? Please Help. / A-Z Of Registering A Non Governmental Organization (NGO) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Fund An Ngo by Omagnus: 10:36am On Nov 19, 2007
I have a strong passion to run an NGO that will be basically on the global HIV /AIDS awareness and I have even published  a book on HIV/AIDS awareness with about 2000 copies aavailablefor free distribution

Can anybody tell me how best to fund this my young NGO.

Carol.
From Lagos
Re: Can I Fund An Ngo by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2007
Maybe you can start with the little you've got . . . by making a move. . . . . .distribute those books of yours, reach out to the needy and create the awareness. . . thereafter, if you need more assistance you can write proposals to some other big NGOs, corporate organisations etc, especially to those who you know'd be willing to aid such projects. But mind, you've got to keep record of every activities of yours, and remember to take photographs during your project, this would serve as an evident to prove to your potential donors. . .

I wouldn't know if you got my gist.

Anyways. . . .Best Regard.
Re: Can I Fund An Ngo by Dorcasde(f): 12:35pm On Nov 21, 2007
Nice one Omagnus!

I also have a passion to run an NGO.
My interest centers on working with young girls especially teenagers of different target groups, eg. hawkers (those who hawk to get by), educate them on self development and empower them to start up something rather hawking. Also, I enjoy counseling people with some form of personality disorder due to their nature and nurture (environment and upbringing).
What inspired me was an intervention project I did in 2000/2001, it was sponsored by UNIFEM.  The project was tagged 'VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN''.  I was in charge of Ogun State. I didn't want the project to end because it was highly elating to see people beaming with so much joy and gratitude for the little bit the project did for them. People’s life's were positively affected and that made me feel so fulfilled. Though it was not my money but being part of a team that administerd the project changed my life dream and focus. I want to see people move on happily in life!

I am happy you've started. May you receive help, favour and leads as to how to fulfill your dream. You will surely get there so long as you keep the volition glowing!
Re: Can I Fund An Ngo by dafidixone(m): 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2007
I have worked with NGOs on Youth Education and Services (Emphasis on HIV/AIDS Awareness campagain) for over 7 years. I must let you know that funding an NGO is not an easy task. However, I will suggest to you a model that may facilitate your getting neccessary attention for your NGOs and if well cordinated will bring sustainable development to your organisation.

Call 08033979979. I will provide the idea to you free of charge.
Re: Can I Fund An Ngo by Orobert: 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2007
Go on, your actions re NOBLE!!
Re: Can I Fund An Ngo by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2007
dafidixone:

I have worked with NGOs on Youth Education and Services (Emphasis on HIV/AIDS Awareness campagain) for over 7 years. I must let you know that funding an NGO is not an easy task. However, I will suggest to you a model that may facilitate your getting neccessary attention for your NGOs and if well cordinated will bring sustainable development to your organisation.

Call 08033979979. I will provide the idea to you free of charge.

You're not incorrect, funding NGO isn't a joke, especially getting good sponsors and donors. I could remember the tough times I went through during a Community Development Project I embarked on some months back (NYSC stuff). It was taskful! People find it difficult to believe you. undecided. But i think it becomes easier when you are rightly connected, I mean when you know the right source and some influential people who could be of great assistances and support. . . .

I feel the reasons for the difficulties in getting sponsors and donors aren't far-fetched. . . .  . there are lots and lots of "fake" NGOs all around.  cool. They solicit for money, get it, and at the end of the day they use the money on "something" else  shocked. . . and come to think of it, once you abuse the trust of the donor on you, the chances of your getting his/her attention next time is slim! they are greatly tarnishing the image of the good ones. . . quite bad.  sad

@dafidixone
If you wouldn't mind, could you holla me  @ YM Id: olowoyeye_t@yahoo.com? I'll be glad to hear from you. I've got a recent project and still thinking about how to get the necessary fund needed. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Can I Fund An Ngo by dafidixone(m): 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2007
Olowoyeye if you are online you can link me at korededavid@yahoo.com for a chat.
Re: Can I Fund An Ngo by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2007
ok, thank you. . . wink

(1) (Reply)

This Is An Opportunity For You To Be Your Own Boss / Who Knows It? About Goldkobo.com / This Airconditioner Uses Water only. No compressor or Gas. Do You Need It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.