Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show (1325 Views)

Worst Movie Or Series / Request For A Movie Or TV Show Link Here / Reserving The Name Of A Movie Or TV Show? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by Seun(m): 10:43am On Nov 19, 2007
I'm a big fan of soft, shadowless lighting. My ideal light source is diffuse sunlight on a cloudy morning. Next to that is soft, shadowless full spectrum fluorescent lighting. I love the way both male and female models looks under soft light.

But I can't seem to lay my hands on a good movie light. The 'best' lights I've found so far are 80W light bulbs, but they are (1) Quite hard and (2) Consume too much power for the light they produce (NEPA!). Meanwhile, I can't find any daylight-balanced fluorescents anywhere. The fluorescents I can find locally make human skin seem very pale.

What do you suggest? I want a light that is (1) Available in Nigeria (2) Affordable (3) (Potentially) Soft (4) Efficient.
Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by cr8tivei: 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2007
kino flows thats the way to go ma bro , u'll also need flags, and diffusers not neccessarily gels depending on wat u r trying to achieve
Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by komputang: 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2007
Seun let me have your contact details and I will be able to advise you regarding this. I can get you fluorescent lights that can be set to either daylight or Tungsten. We actually have (in Lagos) the largest Fluorescent light in the world (16 tubes- it is a monster) I have been trying to get my clients to go fluorescent because of low heat output and little power usage, but some of them are so old school and they dont wanna know. I always go flourescent and use ARRIs for keying
Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by Seun(m): 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2007
Wow, I'm actually buying to of those units from www.coollights.biz. It's expensive, but it's cheap compared to those ARRI units you have.

Do you rent them out professionally? If so, how much do you charge? How much did it cost you to get them? My mind is open, so please share!
Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by Seun(m): 1:41pm On Dec 11, 2007
you'll also need flags,
I understand gels, but what are flags used for? I can't imagine why I would want one.
Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by komputang: 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2007
I only use ARRIs for keying, the main lights are flourescents and they are the a lot cheaper than ARRIs or any other, the largest of the ones you are looking seem to have just 6 tubes. This means more lights and more cable runs. The ones we sell are IKANS and have 6,8,12 and 16 tubes and they also come with on board dimmer control. We dont rent out professionally, we only sell, but we got the 16 tube one purely for demo purposes, but we do give it out to known clients. You can view our lights installation at Soundcity TV studios at Lekki. Our prices are no difrrent from the one you are looking at but the shipping cost is very ouch!!
Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by Seun(m): 3:05pm On Dec 11, 2007
What are your prices, specifically? Can you post pictures of your lights? I would appreciate this info.
Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by komputang: 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2007
drop me an email with your contact details (would rather discuss that off board smiley )and I will go through the prices with you. The attached pics are the L1600 and S800 they have dimmer control and the 1600 can be viewed at our office off Medical Road Ikeja. They can chnge the bulbs to Tungsten from daylight.

Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by Seun(m): 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2007
I prefer open prices. I don't want to pay a price that's different from what others are paying.
Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by komputang: 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2007
I will pass on this then, we have a diffrent business model and we dont put up prices on internet boards. I cannot tell you more than that we do the best prices in the industry as far as Nigeria is concerned, we always pre qualify all leads before quoting because we are Value Added Resellers and this is what the Nigeria office is for. You can drop me an email at pbsfax@gmail.com if you want to progess this. Enjoy the rest of the day.
Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by Seun(m): 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2007
Yeah. I don't do that kind of business either. Transparency is my watch-word.
Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by komputang: 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2007
so just you dont think we are dodgy If you are in Lagos visit our office

LTMX
4th Floor
Novem Plaza
3-9 Olu Koleosho Street
Off Simbiat Abiola Way, Ikeja
Lagos.

we supplied al lthe studio lights, cameras, teleprompters and automated play-out systems at Soundcity TV and the new animated CG system at Channels TV. Various independent producers buy from us. When you say you want lights, how many, where are you lighting? Is it outdoor is it indoors how wide is the place, what is the hight? All these factors determine the sort of lights we sell or recommend. the number of lights you buy will affect the price and discount because you have to factor in shipping and with shipping comes volumetric weight. But assuming I am delievring to you in the UK then I can just give you a box price. That is how it works my friend, so dont go thinking somebody wants to ripp you off. This is my final word. Seasons greetings

We transact face to face business there smiley
Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by Seun(m): 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2007
smiley
Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by Seun(m): 12:40am On Jan 02, 2008
http://www.coollights.biz/cl655-cool-lights-watt-fluorescent-video-soft-light-p-32.html

I got two of the above. The seller never asked for anything but my money. I'm satisfied.
Re: Lighting A Movie Or Tv Show by Seun(m): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2008
@combrazor: Trust me, a seller will never hide his price if it's a good price. Not in Nigeria.

I discovered this when I was trying to buy a laptop. The sellers who 'forget' to list their
prices would invariably try to sell inferior laptops at double the normal prices. It's a rule. wink

What am I using for keying? Hmmm. I'm using one of the fluorescent lights as a soft key.

(1) (Reply)

Brilliant Child Wins N500, 000 On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Nigeria / Live Updates #AMVCA 2017 Winners / Winner Of Gulder Ultimate 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.