Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time (5694 Views)

I Enjoy Nairaland E-wars / Reasons Why You Enjoy " Nairaland" / Have You Tried Nairaland On Your Mobile? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Seun(m): 4:34pm On May 25, 2012
New Nairaland used to have a rather annoying feature: when you logged in with your phone, you would be logged out on your PC, and when you logged in on your PC, you would be logged out on your phone. New Nairaland's script only allowed a member to login from one location at a time. Concurrent sessions were not allowed.

This was particularly annoying for mobile phone users because (1) New Nairaland allows you to do almost anything you can do on your PC on your mobile phone, so most people would want to login on their phones as well as their PCs. (2) For security reasons, mobile browsers often don't store passwords by default.

This afternoon, we have relaxed this limitation. You can now remain logged-in to your Nairaland account in two places at the same time: e.g. your phone and your PC. This should improve the usability of New Nairaland for the vast majority of Nairaland users. You can now truly enjoy Nairaland on your mobile phone. Thanks!

11 Likes

Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Nasri100(m): 4:40pm On May 25, 2012
seun seun seun!!
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:43pm On May 25, 2012
Smooth!
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by doubella: 4:44pm On May 25, 2012
Nice one!!!
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 25, 2012
Great news, switching between my blackberry, playbook and desktop was really a pain.

1 Like

Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Dondav(m): 4:44pm On May 25, 2012
This is Goooooooooooood! cheesy
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by manny4life(m): 4:45pm On May 25, 2012
Nice one, thanks. Another issue is that is extend the time out session. It look like it times out after a few hours unlike before you can literally be logged on for days.

Now, the true question is, when is NL going public? grin grin grin

How much price are we looking @? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 25, 2012
Sounds good
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by NEDUIFYY78: 4:49pm On May 25, 2012
Seun we thanks you for that. Keep it up.
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by deshclones(m): 4:50pm On May 25, 2012
blink182: Great news, switching between my blackberry, playbook and desktop was really a pain.

How is this our business undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 25, 2012
deshclones:

Bad belle look front. Enemy of progress grin

1 Like

Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by manny4life(m): 4:53pm On May 25, 2012
deshclones:

How does it concern you?
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Pakavy(m): 4:53pm On May 25, 2012
blink182: Great news, switching between my blackberry, playbook and desktop was really a pain.
u want show urself!
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 25, 2012
Pakavy: u want show urself!
Oh boy see haters. Oya come arrest me grin
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 25, 2012
ok, good
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by valencia25(m): 4:58pm On May 25, 2012
Share your thoughts on This Abandoned Baby found at Ilupeju https://www.nairaland.com/947086/picture-abandoned-baby-found-this#10920210
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by stepo707: 5:01pm On May 25, 2012
Yea i noticed it too but just thought it was cos of security issues.Will test it now and hope it works.
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by mkmyers45(m): 5:02pm On May 25, 2012
Its not working yet..
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by fubbyy(m): 5:04pm On May 25, 2012
Please how can I quote som1's post in my BB and also highlight some words?
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 25, 2012
fubbyy: Please how can I quote som1's post in my BB and also highlight some words?
Download Opera mini, the native browser is crap. With opera, you will get it done in no time.
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Seun(m): 5:08pm On May 25, 2012
mkmyers45: Its not working yet..
Please try again. You have two concurrent sessions currently and they were registered about 2 hours apart.
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 25, 2012
How does it stop PHCN from increasing the tariff of power starting from 1st of June?
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by francis247(m): 5:18pm On May 25, 2012
same here man! thanks Seun.
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 25, 2012
yorke: How does it stop PHCN from increasing the tariff of power starting from 1st of June?
Lol
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by freecocoa(f): 5:25pm On May 25, 2012
Seun please i got a notification that i have 3 PMs from nairaland and that i should check my email account.

I've checked my inbox a hundred and one times but can't find any Pm,how do i go about it?
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Fabjay(m): 5:25pm On May 25, 2012
yorke: How does it stop PHCN from increasing the tariff of power starting from 1st of June?
wat da Bleep is ur problem... Cnt u jst pass by if u dnt hav anytin meaninful to say... Mtcheeeeew!! undecided
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 25, 2012
house of commotion! See how childish some of una dey bhave. I weep for una sha. Seun dey make him cool money jejelly, and una dey fool una old age!
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by richy5(m): 5:48pm On May 25, 2012
Am off to bed. Already dozing off
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by MostIncredibleDFirst: 5:57pm On May 25, 2012
Seun: This afternoon, we have relaxed this limitation. You can now remain logged-in to your Nairaland account in two places at the same time: You can now truly enjoy Nairaland on your mobile phone. Thanks!

seun, i downloaded three different opera-mini for use on my mobile i.e 5.1, 6.0 and 6.5 versions. I must tell you that your post is completely false because i have just been logged-out from the second opera-mini after viewing nairaland on my the 6.5 version. Plz do some checks before you post this type of thing next time.
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by ochukoccna: 6:04pm On May 25, 2012
Nasri100: seun seun seun!!
Why are you hollering the dude's name
Do read Boyloaf's post below

Boyloaf: house of commotion! See how childish some of una dey bhave. I weep for una sha. Seun dey make him cool money jejelly, and una dey fool una old age!
Gbam!
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by Seun(m): 6:06pm On May 25, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:

seun, i downloaded three different opera-mini for use on my mobile i.e 5.1, 6.0 and 6.5 versions. I must tell you that your post is completely false because i have just been logged-out from the second opera-mini after viewing nairaland on my the 6.5 version. Plz do some checks before you post this type of thing next time.
You know, I wrote the code. You have 3 versions of Opera Mini. Each one counts as a separate device. You should pick one of them and use it for Nairaland, and also pick one browser on your Desktop. You will be able to remain logged-in from just 2 locations. If you keep getting logged out despite using only two locations/browsers, then you should change your Nairaland password immediately.
Re: Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time by freecocoa(f): 6:12pm On May 25, 2012
Seun answer me na.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos:millionaire Youngster Post Pictures Of His Ritual Shrine, Bulk Of Dollars / Sure Bet9ja Booking Code 5qvjj / New Members, Introduce Yourselves!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.