Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

The Difference Between Religion And Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between Religion And Christianity (2538 Views)

The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. / Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. / On the Apparent Correlation Between Religion and Social Ills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Religion And Christianity by Raotito(m): 2:50pm On May 27, 2012
Religion means people who remain under the Law.
Religion means people who worship God Carnally.
Religion means people who alive to sin.
Religion means people who sin has dominion over.
Religion was the people teaching for doctrines the commandment of men.
Religion is where Ceremonialism, Display, Formalism, Hypocrites, Pride, Covetousness, Backsliding established. Mark 7: 3-13; Matthew 6: 5; II Timothy 3: 5; I Timothy 4: 1-2; Hebrews 6: 1; 7: 18-19; 9: 1, 10-14.
Conclusion: Religion means COME to worship and offer sacrifice a gift to win a god’s favor.
Jesus Christ didn’t come to restore religion; He came to restore kingship and the kingdom that we lost. Genesis 3: 23-24; Isaiah 9: 6-7; John 18: 37.

Christianity: The name of Christian was given in Antioch before it was Disciple.
Christian means believers in the Lord Jesus Christ were the Children of God. Revelation 5: 9.
Christian means people under the Grace. Romans 6: 14.
Christian means people who are dead to sin.
Christian means people who sin shall not have dominion over.
Christian means people who worship God in spirit and in truth.
Christian are the temple of God, and the Holy Ghost dwell in them. I Corinthians 3: 16; 6: 19; II Corinthians 6: 14-18.
Christian means elected or chosen people to rule the world with Jesus Christ. Revelation 11: 15; Daniel 7: 18, 27.
Conclusion: Christianity is not a Religion ceremonialism they’re the people whom Jesus Christ commission to GO and preach, teach, witness to all nations of the world, for the coming king and the kingdom of heaven on earth. Acts 1: 8; Matthew 24: 14.

In Matthew 28: 18-20 it is written: And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, all power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

In Mark 16: 15-19 it is written: And he said unto them, Go ye into the entire world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Kingdom: kingdom means govern and manage.
The kingdom begins preached since the day of John the Baptist. Luke 16: 16.
For more information about the kingdom visit this site: www.iwwmwitness.com.ng
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Christianity by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 27, 2012
dey there make u dey decieve yourself. I think this new thing about xtianity not being religion that is going on among our nigerian christians today is just a simple attempt to separate religion from xtianity becos religion has become synonymous with negativity and the nigerian christian would like to keep the sanctity of his religion intact in a world where religion has become synonymous with violence, hypocricy and the rest of them.

If what you decribed above is what religion is, then the likes of islam, ATR, etc are not religion.so you can see you are not the only one who is out of that category. And if what you call xtianity is what you described above, then the likes of islam, ATR etc are also christianity. Becos i can tell you that if you look carefully you will come to see all what you described as xtianity in islam, ATR etc.

So you can see that this is another failed attempt to put christianity on top of the others.
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Christianity by emofine2(f): 7:57am On May 28, 2012
Souldust has already said it all...but I will add on top of that.

I find it rather interesting that when the traditional belief systems in Africa were demonized and marginalized in favour for the popularly perceived “civilized” Abrahamic Faiths these native beliefs were branded as mere superstition not even qualifying or considered as a “religion”.
Now today the connotations of “religion” is no more favourable it seems that Christians now wants to disassociate from the stigma by insisting that Christianity is not a religion although the format is strikingly similar to what is deemed as religion.
I also see it as a lame attempt to make Christianity appear unique and divorce it from its past handlers who were religion mongers that blackened its image. Whilst Christianity may distance itself from the tag “religion” sadly for the belief system it can never distance itself from the atrocities that have and were committed exclusively under the name of Christianity.

Funnily enough suddenly the traditional belief systems qualify as “religions” now that the term has been soiled beyond repair by the “civilized” Abrahamic Faiths...what a turn around.

It just goes to show that one man’s faith is another man’s superstition.

P.S. it seems to me that Nigerian Christians are more invested in the positive PR they could generate for Christianity than any other nationals...at least that I know of, even though the opposite desired effect seems to be taking hold.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Religion And Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:29am On May 28, 2012
christians are hypocites. i have always maintained that. im not reallly worried because christianity is digging its own grave.

The Gods will return to Nigeria. . cool
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Christianity by Judek2(m): 8:39am On May 28, 2012
souldust: dey there make u dey decieve yourself. I think this new thing about xtianity not being religion that is going on among our nigerian christians today is just a simple attempt to separate religion from xtianity becos religion has become synonymous with negativity and the nigerian christian would like to keep the sanctity of his religion intact in a world where religion has become synonymous with violence, hypocricy and the rest of them.

On that aspect, does Christianity bear a mark on that?
I mean, when you start comparing.

If what you decribed above is what religion is, then the likes of islam, ATR, etc are not religion.so you can see you are not the only one who is out of that category. And if what you call xtianity is what you described above, then the likes of islam, ATR etc are also christianity. Becos i can tell you that if you look carefully you will come to see all what you described as xtianity in islam, ATR etc.

So you can see that this is another failed attempt to put christianity on top of the others.

I dont think you are making sence.. What the OP has done is a clear contrast between, not just the two you are trying to put together but the rest of beliefs.. Theres no connection whatsoever in the vague way you put it..

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Religion And Christianity by Atheists: 9:27am On May 28, 2012
This is like saying the difference between coca cola and soft drinks. Nice try.
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Christianity by emofine2(f): 2:39pm On May 28, 2012
Judek2: I dont think you are making sence.. What the OP has done is a clear contrast between, not just the two you are trying to put together but the rest of beliefs.. Theres no connection whatsoever in the vague way you put it..

What would be the Christians stance on the qualification of their belief system if “religion” had an outstanding rep today worldwide? Would Christians latch onto and highlight the similarities or still try to reinvent itself from the design that qualifies as “religion”?
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Christianity by Ptolomeus(m): 10:20pm On May 28, 2012
Catholicism is a splinter group of Judaism. Therefore it is a cult, not a religion.
Protestantism is a splinter group of Catholicism, so it is a sect of a sect.
I hope I was clear.
My respects.
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Christianity by Raotito(m): 2:04am On May 29, 2012
what are you saying here I can understand, are you saying Islam, ATR also is a Christian, you know that Christian were the Disciple of Jesus Christ, If you says Islam,ATR is a Christian welcome, but they still need to Baptize!! people who come out from Religion were Baptize through John and the Disciples, it is written I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance read whole account in Matthew 3: 11.
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Christianity by Nobody: 4:08am On May 29, 2012
emöfine2: Souldust has already said it all...but I will add on top of that.

I find it rather interesting that when the traditional belief systems in Africa were demonized and marginalized in favour for the popularly perceived “civilized” Abrahamic Faiths these native beliefs were branded as mere superstition not even qualifying or considered as a “religion”.
Now today the connotations of “religion” is no more favourable it seems that Christians now wants to disassociate from the stigma by insisting that Christianity is not a religion although the format is strikingly similar to what is deemed as religion.
I also see it as a lame attempt to make Christianity appear unique and divorce it from its past handlers who were religion mongers that blackened its image. Whilst Christianity may distance itself from the tag “religion” sadly for the belief system it can never distance itself from the atrocities that have and were committed exclusively under the name of Christianity.

Funnily enough suddenly the traditional belief systems qualify as “religions” now that the term has been soiled beyond repair by the “civilized” Abrahamic Faiths...what a turn around.

It just goes to show that one man’s faith is another man’s superstition.

P.S. it seems to me that Nigerian Christians are more invested in the positive PR they could generate for Christianity than any other nationals...at least that I know of, even though the opposite desired effect seems to be taking hold.
i do not necessarily agree, but very good point u and souldust made...
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Christianity by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 29, 2012
for all of una wey say christianity is not religion well, i no get una breath. You can call xtianity what ever you want to call it. But the truth is, by the time the new name you give to it becomes soiled, i guarantee that you will go back to your dictionary.

@raotito: i am sure you know that not all xtians see the one who goes through the ritual of being poured water on the head or being immersed in water as the one who is a disciple of christ but the one in whom you can see the seal of the holy ghost as represented in the "friuts of the spirit" in the bible. Now, you can see all of those fruits in the muslim, ATR, etc

pls stop this "i am better that you" game.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Message From The Lord Jesus Christ For Pastors, Bishops & Christians! / Was The Bible Plagiarized From Africa? / Deliverance From Spirit Spouses Part Two ( 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.