Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Common Mistakes Nigeria Drivers Make - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Common Mistakes Nigeria Drivers Make (1249 Views)

Nigeria Drivers License / Lagos Restricts Danfo Drivers To 8-Hrs Of Work / High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon Bulbs And Nigeria Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Common Mistakes Nigeria Drivers Make by trakos(m): 1:59pm On May 28, 2012
It is my wish that everyone driving knows what they are supposed to do at evry point in time.I have heard few persons say nigeria drivers just move cars,they dont drive.This is because some mistakes in driving are now being taken as a norm in this part of the world and for real,many drivers did not actually go through proper training and thus they do not know the rules.
Here is an avenue for you to state one or more mistakes you normally observe from your co drivers on the road and what you think should be the right way.

I get a question for you first
If you are about to drive through a narrow path and there is an oncoming vehicle coming opposite you to ply the same route,assuming the oncoming driver flashes you ,is he telling you to come while he stop for you or vice versa? i have seen this cause an issue on the road before.

Let's keep it rolling
Re: Common Mistakes Nigeria Drivers Make by mishooo(m): 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2012
i think flashing twice means you can pass first but if i dont want the person to pass first, i keep the light on and may even horn.
Re: Common Mistakes Nigeria Drivers Make by thomasjohn: 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2012
its very very annoying when i see some driver get to an intersection then they put hazard lights on,in their own mind they are telling me they intend going staright.
ver very wrong, shows alot of ppl never even read d high way code.
If you are going straight you dont need to put on any light at all. Some one comin from either of your side will just see dat particular light and might not take note of the other one, and might think u want to go dat direction.

Please lets stop this and also educate those who do it.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Halla Or Golf 3 / Pls Kindly Advice On My Toyota Camry 2.4 V6 2002 Model / Crisis in Lagos, As Trailer Crushes 4 School Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.