Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Saved For Heaven Or Save Nigeria? Christian Dilenma!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saved For Heaven Or Save Nigeria? Christian Dilenma!!! (912 Views)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / Never Wear Cloth That Contain These 10 Images For Heaven Sake / Good Morning Jesus;For Heaven Bound SOULS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saved For Heaven Or Save Nigeria? Christian Dilenma!!! by logicboy: 7:02pm On May 28, 2012
Given two choices;

a) Saved for heaven
-your sins are forgiven
-you live in heaven in peace forever

b) Saving Nigeria
-you become the president
-you get to solve the electricity problems
-you tar the major roads
-reduce unemployment to a single digit (from about 40%) and bring international investments.

Which would you take? A or B?
Re: Saved For Heaven Or Save Nigeria? Christian Dilenma!!! by logicboy: 7:31pm On May 28, 2012
What is your choice then?
Re: Saved For Heaven Or Save Nigeria? Christian Dilenma!!! by ijawkid(m): 8:05pm On May 28, 2012
Oboy I go take A joorrr........

Nigeria problem no be here ooooo.......lol

No way to solve 9ja problem,until God use him hand solve am without using any human........
Re: Saved For Heaven Or Save Nigeria? Christian Dilenma!!! by logicboy: 8:15pm On May 28, 2012
ijawkid: Oboy I go take A joorrr........

Nigeria problem no be here ooooo.......lol

No way to solve 9ja problem,until God use him hand solve am without using any human........

Sorry, wrong answer.

1) Christian viewpoint; Jesus will rebuke you in heaven for ignoring to help your Nigerian brothers;

In his portrayal of the day of judgment, Jesus pictured people from all nations gathered before him, separated into "sheep" and "goats." (Matthew 25:31-46) To the "sheep" he says, "Come you blessed of my Father, for I was hungry and you fed me..." In their astonishment they ask, "When did we do that?" And he answers, "When you did it to the lowliest of my brothers (and sisters)." Conversely, to the "goats" he says, "Out of my sight, you who are condemned, for I was hungry and you did not feed me..."

2) Atheist/humanist point of view; There is no heaven. It is better to help your fellow humans when you can. We have socially evolved to realise the important of a cohesive and strong group
Re: Saved For Heaven Or Save Nigeria? Christian Dilenma!!! by ijawkid(m): 8:23pm On May 28, 2012
logicboy:

Sorry, wrong answer.

1) Christian viewpoint; Jesus will rebuke you in heaven for ignoring to help your Nigerian brothers;

In his portrayal of the day of judgment, Jesus pictured people from all nations gathered before him, separated into "sheep" and "goats." (Matthew 25:31-46) To the "sheep" he says, "Come you blessed of my Father, for I was hungry and you fed me..." In their astonishment they ask, "When did we do that?" And he answers, "When you did it to the lowliest of my brothers (and sisters)." Conversely, to the "goats" he says, "Out of my sight, you who are condemned, for I was hungry and you did not feed me..."

2) Atheist/humanist point of view; There is no heaven. It is better to help your fellow humans when you can. We have socially evolved to realise the important of a cohesive and strong group

Logic bobo I'll do both.......

I help my fellow nigerians in d best way I can......

I don't have to be d president to do that.....

Then I go to my heaven that's if I'm chosen to go..............

U see??

I love humans,I love helping people........

I'm good @ that.........

But doing politics count me out......
Re: Saved For Heaven Or Save Nigeria? Christian Dilenma!!! by ijawkid(m): 8:25pm On May 28, 2012
And when Jesus talked about ""brothers"" in that verse u quoted do u really know who he was reffering to??
Re: Saved For Heaven Or Save Nigeria? Christian Dilenma!!! by logicboy: 9:00pm On May 28, 2012
ijawkid:

Logic bobo I'll do both.......

I help my fellow nigerians in d best way I can......

I don't have to be d president to do that.....

Then I go to my heaven that's if I'm chosen to go..............

U see??

I love humans,I love helping people........

I'm good @ that.........

But doing politics count me out......

Better answer....carry go baba grin grin grin grin
Re: Saved For Heaven Or Save Nigeria? Christian Dilenma!!! by logicboy: 9:01pm On May 28, 2012
ijawkid: And when Jesus talked about ""brothers"" in that verse u quoted do u really know who he was reffering to??

I was a christian, remember?
Re: Saved For Heaven Or Save Nigeria? Christian Dilenma!!! by Nobody: 4:21am On May 29, 2012
if you really understand the concept of salvation and being saved, then you would know that what you wrote here is a complete fallacy. Except of course, you're joking

1 Like

Re: Saved For Heaven Or Save Nigeria? Christian Dilenma!!! by logicboy: 9:40am On May 29, 2012
Shollypopz: if you really understand the concept of salvation and being saved, then you would know that what you wrote here is a complete fallacy. Except of course, you're joking

It's a hypothetical situation, smartass!

(1) (Reply)

Church Bombings Vs Mosque Bombings...which Has The Higher Rate Of Casaulities / The True Principles of Christianity / The Last Bus Stop To Your Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.