Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) (1801 Views)

New And Hot Intership Graduate Trainee Job Vacancy At Best Africa Travel / Gis Survey For Graduates(graduate Intership Scheme Sure-p) / Share I.T Placement With Your Fellow Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by baby4u2(f): 10:14pm On Mar 31, 2006
you guys help fellow nigerians. i created this page for accounting majors. i (as well as others who are interested) am searching for an accounting intership in the u.s. can u guys provide links to accounting interships in the united states. i doing my part just need a little bit of help. plus if you are a recruiter contact me. thanks in advance for your help.
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by Abeem(m): 1:03am On Apr 02, 2006
Why not utilize your school's career resources. Accounting and Finance majors are usually the envy of other majors because of the multitude of career opportunities that abound for them. My suggestion is: join your school's NABA (National Association of Black Accountants) or the Accounting Club if you are still in your junior year. And what about career job fairs? I am sure these organizations are active in your school and should provide you with the opportunity to meet with prospective recruiters. How do I know this? I am a recent graduate of accounting and I was the Assistant Treasurer and later Treasurer of the Accounting Club for our College. I was also a member of NABA. We invite recruiters and they also come to the campus on their own volition to talk to students and recruit. I did not get an internship because I do not need one but a lot of people got internship which later metamorphosed into full time employment. You really need the internship and you should be really serious in your search for one, otherwise it will be very difficult to find an employment after your graduation.
Recruiters usually look for people who are active at school, especially those taking leadership roles or helping fellow students. Consider signing up for volunteer activities or if you have good grades in your lower level accounting courses, sign up as a tutor in one of those classes, if it will not impinge on your studies. I am sure you will reap the benefit when you face a recruiter for a job interview.
Good luck.
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by baby4u2(f): 4:52am On Apr 03, 2006
thanksss i know abeem. am doing all what u said ,  because it has just really become important to me to get some sort of internship. naba is done, online searches are in progress. i really like what u said about the school participation thing, i'll definitely try and find time out of my busy schedule to join other organization. i don't want to be searching for a needle in a haystack online, so i just needed someone/anyone to provide any online site i can search for interships. am pretty sure i'll get one with my motivation just need a little bit of help. (since u know all this u can really help me, thanks in advance)
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by Abeem(m): 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2006
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by Abeem(m): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2006
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by Abeem(m): 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2006
http://www.austincc.edu/hospmgmt/internshipopportunities.htm
Navigate thru the site and select those that catches your fancy
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by Abeem(m): 5:57pm On Apr 03, 2006
How about this:

http://www.gannett.com/job/jobs/internopportunities.htm

Good luck with your search and please keep me posted on developments.
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by Abeem(m): 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2006
If you are living in Salem, Oregon, there is a posting by the Secretary of State for Audit Interns - 2-4 positions are available. The link to the site is: http://www.sos.state.or.us/audits/internships/index.html
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by baby4u2(f): 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2006
wow,  thanks a million. thank u so much, i got one in my mail finished applying there. well let me get cracking. thanks again.
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by baby4u2(f): 11:38pm On Apr 03, 2006
yeah keeping u posted abeem. got through the first two websites. the austincc.edu/hospmgmt is kinda confusing. i've not gotten thru the last one cause i have to write an essay so i have to work on that pluz find out how i can post my transcript on there. thanks alot i spent all day applying for jobs on those sites. i'll holla when am called/ some have even replied back, keep ur hands crossed and pray with me. thanks alot.
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by Abeem(m): 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2006
Pertaining to the transcript, try the following options:
1. If it is possible to retrieve a copy from your school record on the web, save a copy on your hard drive and forward it as an attachment with your application.
2. Forward a hard copy to the office, and mention this in your application that a copy is being forwarded by snail mail.
3. Obtain a hard copy, scan it and save it on your hard drive. You can then forward it to prospective employers on request.

Most important: Are you a US citizen? I think there are a lot of internship opportunities with the Fed Agencies. USAJobs recently sent job info to me and I am positive that they are looking to fill vacancies for college interns. Let me know, so I can search for you.
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by baby4u2(f): 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2006
not a u.s citizen, sad!! yeah thanks for the transcript thingy. thats done. have any other sites? holla. does it matter where u do ur intership? cause domino's pizza is about to give me an accounting intership. good idea right?
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by Abeem(m): 5:36am On Apr 05, 2006
The employer does not matter. What is important is the job responsibilities that you handled. If Domino's Pizza is offering you accounting internship, accept it. I was at their Corporate Office - the World Resources Center in Ann Arbor penultimate thursday and I was impressed by what I saw. One of my school mates is working there as an Accountant.
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by Abeem(m): 6:10am On Apr 05, 2006
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by baby4u2(f): 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2006
4real. yeah just had an interview with them today, they just made me blah over and over. am waiting for their feed back, hope i get it? yeah thanks again.
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by Abeem(m): 5:44am On Apr 06, 2006
Wish you good luck.
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by laredo05(m): 10:45am On Apr 24, 2007
Please i will like to know what opportunities are there for someone that has just completed the 1st part of the ACCA exam in Nigeria and if there is any recruiting firm that such a person can work as an intern or accounts clerk plse let me know.
Re: Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) by Feepdeept: 1:40am On Apr 01, 2010

(1) (Reply)

Ecobank / Chevron - Finance Analyst Interview / Job Oportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.