Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section (14529 Views)

Lagos Marketing Jobs Section / Jobs Section Moderator Helpline: Your Comments & Complaints Here / Jobs Section Members of Igbo Extraction and Friends of Ndigbo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by 1forall: 12:53am On May 30, 2012
Dear Vacancy Posters,

This is a notice of zero-tolerance for money making schemes, online businesses, referral programs and all the like here in the Jobs section. If you must post such, look for the appropriate section to do so, or even better, do not post them on Nairaland.

We do not believe in 'getting rich quick' or 'very easy ways to make money' and shall not encourage it here. Therefore we shall no longer give the benefit of doubt to such topics and they shall be promptly removed.

We however shall continue to support and highlight genuine vacancy posts and adverts in accordance with the forum/section rules.

Thank you wink

8 Likes

Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by folu500(m): 11:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
Pls add all this fake health and wellness vacancy post. Its high time this section is sanitised

2 Likes

Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by Nobody: 4:48am On Jun 02, 2012
Oh so u mean all these job advert for health and management organization (HMO) are fake? hmm pls tell me more about it, i thought its real. ur advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by folu500(m): 8:27am On Jun 02, 2012
All d HMO adv on nairaland are scams. when they call u for the so called interview they will start sweetalking about how u need to be entrepreneurial and all those hogwash long and short of the matter they ask u pay 8000 naira to buy one useless license or whatever its called, the lesson of my story is that all they are out to do is to fleece u off ur money. They dont have anytin to offer.

1 Like

Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by 1forall: 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2012
Thanks Folu. We keep saying here that job seekers need to apply good judgement before sending their information to unknown recipients. In my view, its not difficult to spot these scams, many are quite obvious. A lot of advise is shared in these posts below:

Forum guidelines

Curb the scammers
Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by ijeebest: 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2012
thank God this act has been spotted.
Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by ikee(m): 11:15am On Jun 03, 2012
It is a welcome development, however there 's people with good intentions here. my advice is we can't take because of some unscrupulous elements in this forum and shut the door against umemployed nigerians seeking one way or the other to meet up. I think it's the sole responsibility of the moderator to screen every post being made here and possibly delete or flush out any suspected thread immediately and promote anyone he sees as a good money making idea/ opportunity to the neccessary page. I really give credit to the moderator(s)so far just that he needs to improve. Due to the economic situation of the country, the fact will not be denied that many Nigerians visit this forum looking for job.

5 Likes

Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by 1forall: 11:42pm On Jun 03, 2012
Moderators will rather err on the side of caution than propagate misleading/false/potentially fraudulent information. Money making schemes clearly do not belong to the Jobs/Vacancies section and obvious scams shall not be promoted.
Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by akan86: 9:10am On Jun 04, 2012
Thanks for improving the standard of nairaland,it was becoming too much?

1 Like

Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by Humanitarian: 10:59am On Jun 04, 2012
With the alarming level of poverty we have, a lot will keep happening and people will keep fabricating ways to stay above the waters.Howbeit dubious or clean!
it is left to the judgement of individuals to take right decisions against being duped.
I experienced one. Like most people say; on HMO, Health job vacancy scams. I couldn't get any reliable info on the company on-line. So i decided to honour the invite for interview. As the bike dropped me. I inquired from people around about the company and i got funnny responses. i couldn't even bring myself to entering the scruffy apartment. I jumped on the bike and whiff, i disappeared! it will be sheer waste of time. they will want to milk me. i wouldn't fall for that with the level of understanding i have.

By the same token, a friend of mine got invited to an Health Related Org. And it turned out to be positive.They are real and doing fine!What is key is, use your judgement and be open. If someone ask you to pay, decline!.

I just posted a vacancy too that i believe qualified people can benefit from. People can also subject the post to same scrutiny! We must remain open. If you close your eyes for a bad person to pass. You may not know when a good person will equally pass.

2 Likes

Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by folu500(m): 11:15am On Jun 04, 2012
@humanitarian what u said is very true however we must note when a man is in need his judgement might be a little bit off d mark, we must also no that we have some inexperienced job seekers who dont yet know how dis people operate hence it behoves us who have the experience to guide people not to fall into d hans of this scammers. Why it si even more rampant in nairaland is because of the oppotunity to post without restrained and that is why i think it is high time that post made in this section is censored. My 2kobo

1 Like

Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by Humanitarian: 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2012
folu500: @humanitarian what u said is very true however we must note when a man is in need his judgement might be a little bit off d mark, we must also no that we have some inexperienced job seekers who dont yet know how dis people operate hence it behoves us who have the experience to guide people not to fall into d hans of this scammers. Why it si even more rampant in nairaland is because of the oppotunity to post without restrained and that is why i think it is high time that post made in this section is censored. My 2kobo

You are on point man.
Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by StarrMatthieu: 4:00am On Jun 09, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]so excited!
Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by StarrMatthieu: 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]many thanks
Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by typist: 11:54am On Jun 12, 2012
I don't know why our youths are so desperate about changing jobs rather than maintaining the little 1 they have and believing God for something better to come their way. If after all this warning you still go ahead and pay money to get a job then you have allow their cham to get hold of you. I attended one of them and i could see the rate at which youths especially from Nairaland rush to get the form. I wept bitterly because after the preaching i came back to my office and check if i could figure out their company from the web. But i could not. that profs me right that it was all scam.
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by pattybf(f): 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
i couldnt agree less wt u guys ve said bt still yet, like someone suggested, we cant close our eyes in order for a bad person to pass thereby missing d good person as well. For instance, @ a time i was so desperate i need a means make money; be it a regular job,biz or just anything, i was sendg my contacts any1 dat cld send me any info, honouring invitation for seminars. Most of them seemed like scams,some seemed real bt difficult to work, bt then one day i came across one dat got me excited, i got involved & since then i ve watched my life changed 4 beta.

So now tell me, what if i ve looked completely away. calling everything scams wtout even finding out.

I'm sure so many nairalanders r doing d same thing i did hoping to find something worthwhile, i encourage them to keep on d fight bt pls as u r doing dat be very careful bc believe it or not d scams here r much more dan d real offers!

I owe it 2 dis forum 4 what i am now.

I wish u all d best!

2 Likes

Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by groovychik(f): 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2012
on May 19th, a job was advertised on for "Operations Manager", despite not getting an invite for an interview, I received the mail below.

Your application for employment to our firm has been dully considered.
Recommendations from our technical partners in the United States has
been very positive based on the following:

Position: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Date : JULY 2ND 2012
Time : 12 Noon

Requirements:
1. valid international passport
2. drivers license optional
3. 2 passport photographs
4. original credentials and 2 copies of detailed resume,
5. 2 reference letters addressed to

THE COUNTRY MANAGER,
ALPHA ENERGY SERVICES LTD,
MAITAMA DISTRICT, ABUJA

6. A certified medical fitness certificate it is COMPULSORY before your arrival
because this job requires overseas training and vagary weathers,
IT IS REQUIRED BY THE UNITED STATES EMBASSY FOR NON IMMIGRANT VISA.

For quick and easy accessibility, please contact Dr AJAYI
for advice and expedite action through 080xxx

Accommodation SHALL be provided and all expenses refunded.
Please report for duty on Saturday June 30th, 2012.
Kindly call the undersign for transportationto your hotel accommodation.

NOTE: your original employment letter will be issued at the venue provided we have
received your fitness results from Dr Ajayi.And your further performance in our
planned 90 days training program in the United States and the United Kingdom.
THIS IS WHY YOUR MEDICAL FITNESS REPORT IS COMPULSORY.

Yours truly,

DR AHMED SANDAS (MON)
CEO/GROUP HEAD.
+23480xxx

From the terrible English, I knew it was a scam and I am also aware that one doesn't need medical certificate to get American visa. I called the doctor and was informed his medical certificate is the only one accepted by the embassy and that I needed to pay him N50K for a certificate. This is to alert the public so no one will fall for this scam

1 Like

Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by Sharexgold(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2012
It's a great eyes openin for us here. Kudo to d modrator!
Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by Sefama(m): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2012
i like that keep it up....
Re: Money Making Schemes Prohibited In This Jobs Section by Ybutterfly: 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2012
^^^^^lOOOkinnG fOoR jjjOb^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do People Always Say FG Jobs Has Job Security? / Vacancy With Ali Baba Explains Why Companies Prefer Experienced Hands / The Ordeal Of a Job Seeker Who Traveled from Zaria To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.