Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Renaming Of UNILAG A Surprise - Acting V.C Bello - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Renaming Of UNILAG A Surprise - Acting V.C Bello (7580 Views)

Court Restrains FG From Renaming UNILAG / ASUU Introduces ‘UNILAG Forever’ Badge To Discredit Renaming / Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renaming Of UNILAG A Surprise - Acting V.C Bello by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 30, 2012
pek: First federal university? So UNN and UI are state universities?

1.My son, Unilag was d first university established by Nigeria after independence! The others u know may have been set up by the colonial government.

2.If I were GEJ, I wld humbly revert 2 d old name *no be fight*! For crying out loud, changing Unilag's name is of no economic value 2 nigeria!! This in my opinion is not one of those unpopular decisions a leader sticks his neck out for. There is no point 4 him 2 try 2 play tough for fear of being called a weakling *we know who he is already*!!! Let him rada go tough on d economy, jail looters n create jobs!

3.Well, this is a bit of fresh air shaa! No Boko news is trending 2day!!! God be praised.
Re: Renaming Of UNILAG A Surprise - Acting V.C Bello by sperony(m): 6:15am On May 31, 2012
I think d idea of naming schools after heroes is not bad if done with proper consultations and due processes are followed. Unfortunately their is noting we can do because mr president's pride will not allow him to reverse the decision.
Re: Renaming Of UNILAG A Surprise - Acting V.C Bello by sammyj: 1:37pm On May 31, 2012
MR President should reconsider his action and revert back to the old name, and follow the due process. He can also consider other areas like sport (Abuja National Stadium) to immortalise the late Chief MKO Abiola.
I see this problem not just coming from Mr President himself alone but from his short sighted advisers.
The only way out is to first consult with the appropraite people and go thru the legislators before embarking on this action.
He needs to also do away with all his current advisers because his strategies are not just working inline with the people's opinions and directions if he needs to win the people back.
Re: Renaming Of UNILAG A Surprise - Acting V.C Bello by ITbomb(m): 5:24pm On May 31, 2012
This is just a reflection of the Nigerian political class , sitting in AC heavily secured room and making plans and programmes without involving the people directly affected by the programmes. After they would wonder why budgets and policies cannot be implemented
Re: Renaming Of UNILAG A Surprise - Acting V.C Bello by dyemida(m): 1:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
REMMEI: These are what happened when you have a . . . . . . . . . . .as president

[fill in the gap]
When you have a dummy who does anythin dat comes 2 his mind as president grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Poly Bida Screening Exercise / University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The / Command Secondary School Entrance Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.